Prod80's shader library

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #81 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Tojkar wrote: Yes, I do know how to get older version from Github. The reason I asked was that I'd love to have both versions working but I lack knowledge to edit the shader in such way that they would. Would you mind at least give me a tip on what should I change so that they would both work at the same time as intended?

Other than that, your shaders became my most used ones immediately after you published them here, so good work on that! They are somewhat easier to configure for wanted results than most other similar shaders and the scope of them happens to be exactly what I want from color grading not including those changes in BW shader. The old BW is great for abusing it's settings and the new one is excellent on it's intended use.

BTW, those sweet words are sincere and not just an attempt to make you give what i want but if that helps, awesome! ;P

It's very simple to make them both work at the same time... just change these lines inside one of the files;
namespace pd80_blackandwhite
and add a _2 to the end

And change the line on the bottom
technique prod80_04_Black_and_White
and add a _2 to the end there as well

Rename the file to something else (name doesn't matter, reshade using the name after technique)

That's all :)
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by prod80.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tojkar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #82 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Updated a whole bunch of shaders again to refine the dithering. Using RGB dither now where appropriate and worked out banding issues that are caused by Level controls when adjusting black points (in Levels and Curved Levels shaders)

Yay... no more banding. All smooth and dandy.

When using a lot of effects that have dither simultaneously, you may wish to adjust the strength of the dither or disable one or a few. They all have an offset so they can co-exist and I have balanced them out, but the effect may become too visible for one's preference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #83 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Again many updates across all shaders.

Added header files for most common effects I use. These are required for most now.
PD80_00_Base_Effects.fxh
PD80_00_Blend_Modes.fxh
PD80_00_Color_Spaces.fxh
PD80_00_Noise_Samplers.fxh

This enables me to easily update effects across all shaders that I commonly use and avoids cluttering my files with a ton of stuff that is just duplicated copy-pasta code.

Additionally improved the dither code and settings across all the shaders. Sorry for that, many updates on that, but this should be done now.

Fixed some UI elements, and fixed a missing mip level in Filmic shader.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim, Viper_Joe, Marty

• klotim
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #84 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Prod80's shader library

prod80 wrote: Sorry for that, many updates on that

Updates is always appreciated, no need to say sorry for that. Im always delighted when I see there's updates that further improves the already great shaders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prod80

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #85 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Added high quality handmade (clean) LUT template on my github for those interested, in png and psd format.

Have been working the past couple of days in being able to create LUTs from reshade directly and being able to store the effect settings in a texture which can then be saved/loaded at will. This way all color/contrast effects can be ran against virtually zero performance impact. Additionally this increases quality of other effects like bloom or DoF when less shaders influence them (particularly contrast and saturation can be destructive for those effects).

Unfortunately this is not available on my github. So if you want, PM me on Reshade discord. Requires you to have access to Adobe Photoshop if you wish an automated workflow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aaronth07

• Faustus86
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #86 by Faustus86 Replied by Faustus86 on topic Prod80's shader library
Way ahead of you. I have downloaded your Shader pack about 2 weeks ago and used it to further refine LUTs i am partially working on for months every now and then.

Many game designers tend to use yellow / sepia tones in their games, or better in their light setups. Because as we all have learned in pre scool, the sun is yellow and therefore light must be yellow too.

One game in particular had overdone this a lot and after some photoshop sessions i managed to filter the yellows out of the other colors wich made the game much more clean looking.

However, by removing the sepia tones the game became much brighter and i had clusters of white pixels that should have been in color. So i ended up using sepia.fx on top of my LUT wich kinda reversed the effect i wanted.

Your filters (Selective_color.fx i think) allowed me to ingame tune the white color balance by raising other color values, getting exactly the effect i wanted and without switching back and forth between ingame and PS 20 times. Highly useful.

I found a lot of new favorites in your pack and i wanted to thank you.

Here is a LUT i was recently working on using your shaders. I have not tested it on different games, but id like to share it.

images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/HRK...mgur.com/8pSKNQn.png

Maybe i will upload a pack of this at some point. Might be useful for some. Will have a look at yours too =)
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Faustus86.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe, prod80, YF

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago #87 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

Faustus86 wrote: Way ahead of you. I have downloaded your Shader pack about 2 weeks ago and used it to further refine LUTs i am partially working on for months every now and then.

Many game designers tend to use yellow / sepia tones in their games, or better in their light setups. Because as we all have learned in pre scool, the sun is yellow and therefore light must be yellow too.

One game in particular had overdone this a lot and after some photoshop sessions i managed to filter the yellows out of the other colors wich made the game much more clean looking.

However, by removing the sepia tones the game became much brighter and i had clusters of white pixels that should have been in color. So i ended up using sepia.fx on top of my LUT wich kinda reversed the effect i wanted.

Your filters (Selective_color.fx i think) allowed me to ingame tune the white color balance by raising other color values, getting exactly the effect i wanted and without switching back and forth between ingame and PS 20 times. Highly useful.

I found a lot of new favorites in your pack and i wanted to thank you.

Here is a LUT i was recently working on using your shaders. I have not tested it on different games, but id like to share it.

images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/HRK...mgur.com/8pSKNQn.png

Maybe i will upload a pack of this at some point. Might be useful for some. Will have a look at yours too =)

Thanks for the kind words :)

Looking forward to it. The LUT textures I uploaded just now have a perfect distribution of values (I literally hand placed all colors). Should be a very good base LUT to build your coloring from.

Or the square

[

Have to original PSD files on my github, if you need, a little different version then the one uploaded yesterday. I'll see if I can share the LUT shader I have as well, since it has dithering.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #88 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Added Multi-LUD shader with Dither to my github ... >> PD80_02_MultiLUT_2.0.fx

Added 4 example LUTs and you can make more of your own coloring using the LUT Creator shader.

Base Image without effects except for Bloom

LUT example 1 - Cinematic 1

LUT example 2 - Cinematic 2

LUT example 3 - Technicolor 2 strip

LUT example 4 - Matte Warm B&W
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by prod80.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryukou36, Viper_Joe, Marty

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #89 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Added LUT pack with 13 high quality LUTs for your entertainment

Base Game

Cinematic 1

Cinematic 2

Cinematic 3

Cinematic 4

Cinematic 5
The following user(s) said Thank You: doubleDizz, Viper_Joe, Marty

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #90 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Cinematic 6

Cinematic 7

Cinematic 8

Cinematic 9
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper_Joe, Marty

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #91 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Cinematic 10

Cinematic 11

Cinematic 12

Cinematic 13
The following user(s) said Thank You: doubleDizz, Viper_Joe, Marty, YF

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #92 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Added another 10 LUTs to the package. I’m on a rollllllll now ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: doubleDizz, Viper_Joe

• robgrab
More
4 years 2 weeks ago - 4 years 2 weeks ago #93 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Prod80's shader library
I just discovered your shaders. They're fantastic! They make RE3 Remake look awesome. Thank you!:) :)

Vanilla

Prod80 shaders
Last edit: 4 years 2 weeks ago by robgrab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim, prod80

• aaronth07
More
4 years 1 week ago #94 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic Prod80's shader library
Is it possible to have a strong full screen chromatic aberration effect (as you demonstrated here: i.imgur.com/mvp2jWA.png ), but with an inverted edge mask (based on depth buffer) to get a "filmic" chromatic aberration on edges without blurring everything else?

Sorry if I didn't explain it well, just imagine the default chromatic aberration shader that comes with Reshade, but it only applies to edges.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 week ago #95 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library

aaronth07 wrote: Is it possible to have a strong full screen chromatic aberration effect (as you demonstrated here: i.imgur.com/mvp2jWA.png ), but with an inverted edge mask (based on depth buffer) to get a "filmic" chromatic aberration on edges without blurring everything else?

Sorry if I didn't explain it well, just imagine the default chromatic aberration shader that comes with Reshade, but it only applies to edges.

I’m a little confused on what the question is? Would help to possibly link a screenshot what you look for or draw it out...?

• aaronth07
More
4 years 1 week ago #96 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic Prod80's shader library
Full screen chromatic aberration (as in, chromatic aberration that doesn't only apply to the corners of the screen), but using depth based edge detection so that the chromatic aberration only applies to edges.

Can it be done with your shader?

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 days ago #97 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
I don’t have edge detection in my CA shader, also, CA itself doesn’t care about edges as it’s irregularities on the lens that cause a misalignment of individual wavelengths...

On the flip side, my bloom shader has a CA function, AND an option to use only the CA (runs CA over bloom, then subtract the bloom, leaving only the CA). Perhaps of use, dunno, it’s a little gimmicky.

• aaronth07
More
4 years 3 days ago #98 by aaronth07 Replied by aaronth07 on topic Prod80's shader library
Hmm, thanks. I will experiment.

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 days ago #99 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Added ability for my bloom to go ultrawide (up to 300 pixels, but one could go higher if there's a wish).

Additionally
- Updated bloom dither to use blue noise instead of gaussian noise and added motion
- Added tooltip to explain how to go ultrawide
- On high quality setting it will eat your GPU when so wide, would suggest quality 1 or 2

Example with CA enabled for the extra bells and whistles

• prod80
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 days ago #100 by prod80 Replied by prod80 on topic Prod80's shader library
Added many more LUT textures in the MultiLUT shader, now also added 3D LUT Creator Professional ( 3dlutcreator.com/ ) to my arsenal of coloring tools to make LUTs which ensures proper quality and uniqueness. Tool is not cheap, but very versatile! Hope you enjoy
The following user(s) said Thank You: doubleDizz, Viper_Joe, aaronth07

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.