Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Deband

Deband 3 years 3 months ago #61

aufkrawall wrote:
I remember that I read in this forum that for some day it's planned that ReShade can force applications to render in deep color mode. Is this still planned?
Yes, although I believe it will take quite a long time before it is accomplished. Also note that, it would only be applicable for DX10+ applications.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aufkrawall

Deband 3 years 2 months ago #62

Could it be that it doesn't make much sense to use a smaller range than 64 with the new deband filter?
Maximum range of 64 always gave me best reults so far, a higher grain strength of ~150 also seems to have a good effect with it ( grain is still often hardly noticeable in motion).

I also noticed that it makes a very big difference that the banding stays untouched for the deband filter to work best. In Dying Light, you can disable chromatic aberration via mod (I wouldn't recommend as it brings other problems like flickering) and it makes the deband filter work stronger with a lower threshold value.
However, since the CA is applied almost everywhere, a higher threshold value kills also less details than without CA. Of course film grain should be disabled as well in the games.

I'm still very convinced by your MPV port, thanks again for it. :)
I think it might be a good idea to start a thread with good values for different games and settings.
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by aufkrawall.

Deband 1 year 11 months ago #63

can't spot any differences from those screenshots

Deband 1 year 11 months ago #64

It's subtle, looks a bit like rings.
screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/178613
(From steamcommunity.com/app/384490/discussions/0/366298942103958003/ )

Very subtle most of the time, you might have to hover over the image a few times before you spot it though some are more sensitive to it than others and some games have more problems with color banding than others such as the above example from Necropolis though in other games the skybox tends to be a pretty common problem area. :)
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by JBeckman.

Deband 8 months 5 days ago #65

Is there any chance of also using this shader on desktop applications, like browsers or video players? I use my external Geforce card for all image processing.

Deband 8 months 5 days ago #66

Duamutef_MC wrote:
Is there any chance of also using this shader on desktop applications, like browsers or video players? I use my external Geforce card for all image processing.

I ported this shader to MPC-HC tho, idk the other apps/software which support custom shader. If there is another better video player which support shaders, let me know. Since MPC-HC development stopped.

Deband 8 months 5 days ago #67

It has? The codec pack I use periodically update MPC-HC to newer builds so it's probably just taken over by a new developer.

"Updated MPC-HC to version 1.7.17.7" That's from about one week back for K-Lite.

Ah I see now I think, it's a continuation and update of the original version.
Last Edit: 8 months 5 days ago by JBeckman.

Deband 8 months 8 hours ago #68

Which details can be lost due to the deband effect? Any specific information?

Deband 7 months 3 weeks ago #69

Small details. It cannot be said more specifically. Stronger the effect is, larger details will be lost.

Deband 2 months 3 weeks ago #70

mbah.primbon wrote:
Duamutef_MC wrote:

I ported this shader to MPC-HC tho, idk the other apps/software which support custom shader. If there is another better video player which support shaders, let me know. Since MPC-HC development stopped.
Hey) Can you share ported shader?