3.1

  • Posts: 51
2 years 4 months ago #141 by Dwill0328
Is that a typo? It says 3.1.0 patch notes
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 290
2 years 4 months ago #142 by Aelius Maximus
It's from the official Reshade downloads page, i don't know what people are worrying about
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 3723
2 years 4 months ago #143 by crosire

Dwill0328 wrote: Is that a typo? It says 3.1.0 patch notes

Yeah, fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qsimil
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 51
2 years 4 months ago #144 by Dwill0328
Loving the new update so glad you keep working on reshade

One thing tho is i don't agree with depth buffer being reversed by default now. I am obsessed with reshade and i've seriously played like over 100 games with reshade. Out of all those times i've used reshade I think there was only one time i had to go and reverse the depth buffer manually. So it's kind of weird to me that you have decided to make the depth buffer reversed by default now.

It's really not a big deal, but its definately an extra step i never had to do before. And i have a feeling this is going to make using reshade look overly-complicated when i tell friends who have never used reshade "Dont forget to undo the reversed depth buffer!"

What are you referring to when you say "most newer games are flipped by default" because i've never seen it

Please consider setting it back to 0 for default! Thanks for hearing out my argument :)
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 3723
2 years 4 months ago #145 by crosire

Dwill0328 wrote: What are you referring to when you say "most newer games are flipped by default" because i've never seen it

Open world games tend to use it, because it improves depth precision, which is important for large worlds when you don't want z-fighting in the distance. And since more and more games become open world games or at least have a very large world, this is quickly becoming standard.
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 1
2 years 4 months ago #146 by riann
Is this compatible with directx12?
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 39
2 years 4 months ago #147 by Jesped

riann wrote: Is this compatible with directx12?


No. No DX12 or Vulkan for now. Impossible or no easy task.
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 453
2 years 4 months ago #148 by Martigen
*cough* perhaps Nvidia can pay Crosire to make the DX12/Vulkan versions so it's there for FreeStyle, and this can filter down to Reshade (I presume Crosire would ask for such a clause in any such agreement).

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 1221
2 years 4 months ago #149 by Marty McFly
I'm not aware of any hook that uses the D3D api that's working with DX12 or Vulkan so it's not surprising.
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 39
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #150 by Jesped

Marty McFly wrote: I'm not aware of any hook that uses the D3D api that's working with DX12 or Vulkan so it's not surprising.


DXtory seems to support every api, including DX12 and Vulkan:

exkode.com/dxtory-specs-en.html

Don't really know if that has anything to do with Reshade though.
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 3
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #151 by Mahawili
i have question, about Reshade 3.1.1 SMAA still only 1X? i think 2X or 4X better
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 1
2 years 4 months ago #152 by Htm_wait
If I use Reshade on X-Plane 11, every time I quit the game, it will crash. :( Can you fix it? :kiss:
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 453
2 years 4 months ago #153 by Martigen

Mahawili wrote: i have question, about Reshade 3.1.1 SMAA still only 1X? i think 2X or 4X better

It will always be 1X. However, you can get a better result by setting SMAA_PREDICATION=1 in the Preprocessor settings, if the depth buffer is working for your game. With 3.1.1 more games should now work with depth-buffer detection. To see if the depth buffer is being detected properly, enable the Display Depth shader.
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 2
2 years 4 months ago #154 by darthaaron
Hi, can someone help me, just installed reshade and I am getting this message when reshade loads, what can I do to fix it?

imgur.com/a/2vMa1
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 197
2 years 4 months ago #155 by x8009
There are 2 bugs in Reshade 3.1.1 .

One you can't copy paste anymore the folders/shaders location or just copy paste anything .
second , the Print Screen randomly works when it wants and takes pictures when it wants. out of 10 times it only captured 5 times.

It is very important for the use of the program.
Anyway to fix those bugs?
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 578
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #156 by thalixte
Yes, i have those bugs too. It happens when i switch to desktop, then return to the game. When it happens, impossible to change the settings values. Strangely, sometimes, when i press the caps lock key, the bug disappears.
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 197
2 years 4 months ago #157 by x8009

thalixte wrote: Yes, i have those bugs too. It happens when i switch to desktop, then return to the game. When it happens, impossible to change the settings values. Strangely, sometimes, when i press the caps lock key, the bug disappears.


I will check this
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 197
2 years 4 months ago #158 by x8009
Cosire

There is some bug with the new depth version 3.1.1

For example in games like Need For Speed Rivals
Can you check it ?
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 96
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #159 by Tojkar

crosire wrote:

Bishi wrote: SMITE fails to load with 3.1 (worked fine before). Gives the error 'untrusted system file d3d9.dll'

It's a new release. It has to be whitelisted again before it can be used in online games with anti-cheat systems.

I just encountered this error with the newest version(3.1.1). Never had it before. Where and how can I whitelist it? The game that gives the error is GR:Wildlands and my os Win7.

EDIT: Realized there's not much I can do here. However, where can I d/l the previous version? I deleted it recently as I didn't encounter any problems with the nevest, so now I can't use ReShade anymore with GR:W.
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts: 1
2 years 4 months ago #160 by MrDeath

thalixte wrote: @Crosire

Big thk U for releasing those updates. Now, GPU timing is really helpfull.
Thks a lot to have merged it ito openvr branch, too :)


waitwaitwaitwait, what did you mean with openVR plz explain! i made this account on the forum just to ask you about that! :O
The topic has been locked.