ReShade 3.0 Progress Discussion

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #1 by crosire ReShade 3.0 Progress was created by crosire
Testing some simple controls with ReShade's new WIP in-game UI:
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JPulowski, Nekrik, MaxG3D, Alex_outer, klotim, VoodaGod, kingeric1992, Elimina, Tidias, GhostRider521 and 20 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Some more stuff. Ignore the version number at the top.

Note: ReShade 3.0 will remove all external tools and files and do all shader and preset management right through the in-game UI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, MaxG3D, GhostRider521, DeMondo, Tze088, munday78

• brussell
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #3 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic ReShade in-game UI

Note: ReShade 3.0 will remove all external tools and files and do all shader and preset management right through the in-game UI.

Ehm, can you elaborate on that? Which files will be removed?

edit: I seriously hope, that you don't intend to hardcode all the shaders into the dll. That would be a very bad move and totally anti-KISS.
One should always be able to use external shader files and shouldn't need to rely on the framework, like it has always been. Ingame-UI is ok, as long as it's optional.
But I hope I've misunderstood that quote of yours...
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by brussell.

• MonarchX
More
8 years 1 week ago #4 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
WOW! That is so cool. I just hope it ends up working for most games, just like the current ReShade 2.0.3f1. Should we expected updated / improved SweetFX / CeeJay shaders? Overall performance improvement (although ReShade is far from slow!) ?

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

brussell wrote: Ehm, can you elaborate on that? Which files will be removed?

The DLL will be self contained. Shaders can be downloaded separatly from the web through the in-game UI. Same for presets, which are configured there too.

MonarchX wrote: Overall performance improvement (although ReShade is far from slow!) ?

I reduced the general overhead a bit, yeah. But don't expect wonders, there is not much optimize anymore.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tze088

• brussell
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #6 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote:

brussell wrote: Ehm, can you elaborate on that? Which files will be removed?

The DLL will be self contained. Shaders can be downloaded separatly from the web through the in-game UI. Same for presets, which are configured there too.

Oh boy, it couldn't be worse. I mean.. seriously? (See my previous edited post)
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by brussell.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
You misunderstood me. ReShade won't contain any shaders at all. That's stupid and not the point of ReShade (an injector and post-processing shader pipeline and that alone). On startup it polls a list of available shaders from GitHub and you can select which shaders you want to use. Those are then downloaded and installed. Of course you can put them there manually too. What I'm saying is that there won't be a 20mb package of files of which the normal user only uses a very small amount. Those are downloaded on-demand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pondural, Alex_outer, klotim, Tidias, OtisInf, Tze088

• Tidias
More
8 years 1 week ago #8 by Tidias Replied by Tidias on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Nice i look forward to the in game UI.

• matsilagi
More
8 years 1 week ago #9 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
In-Game UI, just what i needed!

Also, about the shaders thingy: Will we still be able to install shaders the old-fashioned way? I have waay too many shaders which uses the "legacy" system

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

matsilagi wrote: Also, about the shaders thingy: Will we still be able to install shaders the old-fashioned way? I have waay too many shaders which uses the "legacy" system

Probably.
I could use some input here by the way. I posted two layout studies, but the possibilities are endless really. What features do you wish the in-game UI to have? How should it be layed out? Something like Steam, where you have one thing covering the whole screen (see image #2), or multiple movable windows (see image #1)? Be creative! =)

• ShoterXX
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #11 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Steam style. I like having both things separated, to avoid misclicks. How does the original application handle the mouse input though? Does it still receive the input, or is it locked off?

Also, instead of needing to resize the window, you could simply create a fully transparent area, so we can tune things while being safe from the issue I mentioned above.
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by ShoterXX.

• SunBroDave
More
8 years 6 days ago #12 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Some more stuff. Ignore the version number at the top.

Extremely excited for this Crosire. That realtime shader editing is fire.

• Elimina
More
8 years 6 days ago #13 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I honestly like the movable windows like ENB, since you can see the changes in the screen better when you change values

• OtisInf
More
8 years 6 days ago #14 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
YES! Very happy with this approach! Especially the realtime value editing without leaving the game, like ENB does is precisely what reshade needs. External tools are nice, but it's a little awkward.

For how things are laid out... a similar approach to how ENB has might work best: effect selection in one window, per effect parameter editing in another. For value editing: sliders with min/max values are great.

Editing shader code.. I'm not sure one would use an in-game editor to type text as e.g. vs code or other editor with HLSL syntax highlighting is a big help, and performance is likely much higher. I'd not invest a lot of time in that: external shader code editing in some external editor is fine I think: stuff is changed, reload/parse the files, and you can tweak the parameters in-game.

Looks great! I hope you succeed with this, would be awesome :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: matsilagi

• DeMondo
More
8 years 6 days ago #15 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
@crosire: just excellent !!

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 days ago #16 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

ShoterXX wrote: How does the original application handle the mouse input though? Does it still receive the input, or is it locked off?

I rewrote the input system. It supports blocking the game input now. So if the mouse is on the overlay, the game won't receive input anymore and you can freely click on buttons and enter text without the game noticing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaxG3D, Kumbandit, Tze088, ShoterXX

• MaxG3D
More
8 years 6 days ago #17 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Thank GOD for this update! That was really needed, just like I told you before, all that is necessary is this and classic .txt editing, no point in creating convoluted mediators/helpers or whatever the f**k. Great job, can't wait!

• louiscarter88
More
8 years 6 days ago #18 by louiscarter88 Replied by louiscarter88 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Looking good mate.

Any word on HUD exclusion yet, sorry to keep nagging haha.

• Dampfnudel
More
8 years 6 days ago #19 by Dampfnudel Replied by Dampfnudel on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I think this looks great :)
But do not forget to implement visual feedback for every ui element like changing the cursor if it enters the border or highlight the region.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #20 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Neat!
And ppl've been fighting over the layout of off-line tool for months...LoL

The text editor is quite a feature indeed.

I would say, at this point, a off-line tool is probably only good for user-end pipeline setup.
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by kingeric1992.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.