ReShade 3.0 Progress Discussion

• OtisInf
More
7 years 11 months ago #61 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Looks great Crosire, can't wait! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #62 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I'll likely publish an alpha soon. So I can get some feedback on the design and usability.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brussell, DeMondo, piltrafus, OtisInf

• MonarchX
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #63 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I am ready to test any Alpha's and/or Beta's! Will the new DLL files work with ReShade 2.0.3f1 file structure?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by MonarchX.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #64 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

MonarchX wrote: Will the new DLL files work with ReShade 2.0.3f1 file structure?

Well. Yes, to a degree. You can load the shaders. As you can load all old or new shaders. But it won't give you any of the benefits ReShade 3.0 has to offer. For that, shaders have to start using uniform variables for their configuration first.

• VAMET
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #65 by VAMET Replied by VAMET on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Dear crosire

crosire wrote: I'll likely publish a beta soon. So I can get some feedback on the design and usability.

...so when this soon will be? :)

Sincerely
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by VAMET.

• FierySwordswoman
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #66 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

MonarchX wrote: blah blah Game? blah blah Proxy? blah blah blah...

Skyrim ENB .305
No matter my proxy library settings, I CTD'd on launch.
Oh well. I just went out and got a custom effect.txt that has vibrance, lumasharpen, etc. Close enough.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• Bishi
More
7 years 11 months ago #67 by Bishi Replied by Bishi on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
This looks so awesome! Happy to beta test anything required

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #68 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Here's an alpha build: [strike] www.mediafire.com/?upx1578a1h8f0tp [/strike]
Please only use it for personal testing and don't reupload it or use it to distribute presets.

Just drop the DLL into the game folder as usual (or use the setup tool, which does the same) and run the game. Once launched, press "Shift + F2" (default settings) to open the in-game menu.
ReShade is capable of blocking mouse and keyboard input from the game as long as the cursor is above one of the open dialogs. So no need to worry about accidently clicking something behind them =).

You may want to enable developer mode on the "Settings" tab, so shaders can be reloaded and edited in-game (file modifications are not currently detected). ReShade attempts to load all "*.fx" files it can find in the folders specified via the "Effect Search Paths" setting. Textures paths are resolved via the "Texture Search Paths" setting. Since there are no public ReShade shaders which make use uniform variables currently, this build is mainly targeted at shader developers. Anybody else won't benefit from the built-in preset management, which uses uniforms internally. Also, there is no documentation for now. Just some quick info:

To make a global variable editable from the in-game menu, mark it as "uniform". There are a few new annotations which can be used to alter their appearance.
// Displayed as a single component number input box
uniform float test1 = 1.0;
// Displayed as a two-component box, the value is changed by clicking and dragging its content with the mouse
uniform float test2 < ui_type = "drag"; ui_min = 0.0; ui_max = 3.0; > = 3.0;
// Displayed as a four-component color input box
uniform float test4 = float4(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0);

To scale the font, press Ctrl and move the mouse wheel (be warned, upscaled text looks ugly). Dialog positions, sizes and UI customization settings are preserved across all games. Anything else is stored game-specific.
This is an alpha build. Treat it as such. There are plenty of features that don't work, various controls with missing input validation (so if you enter something unexpected, it may crash the game), bugs, and more bugs. Did I mention bugs already?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by crosire. Reason: Disabled old download link
The following user(s) said Thank You: matsilagi, Bishi, Alex_outer, Tom Yum 72, brussell, Mobeeuz, DeMondo, Qsimil, OtisInf, 99lool and 1 other people also said thanks.

• ShoterXX
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #69 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I suppose #define still works, just not editable in-game on-the-fly, right? Sorry, I can't test it right now, and dying to know.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by ShoterXX.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #70 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

ShoterXX wrote: I suppose #define still works, just not editable in-game on-the-fly, right? Sorry, I can't test it right now, and dying to know.

Yes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShoterXX

• bluelovers
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #71 by bluelovers Replied by bluelovers on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
at 3.0 all setting need put on game folder?

no longer follow ReShade.fx symbolic link?

i try copy ReShade to game folder but show error

Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by bluelovers.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #72 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

bluelovers wrote: no longer follow ReShade.fx symbolic link?

No. Add the path to "Effect Search Paths".
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by crosire.

• brussell
More
7 years 10 months ago #73 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
After some quick tests it seems to work fine with the MasterEffect or Framework files. However, SMAA doesn't work as intended. It only renders the smoothed edges (instead of the original image + smoothed edges). Could the reason be the [branch] and [flatten] attributes in the SMAA code?

• Tom Yum 72
More
7 years 10 months ago #74 by Tom Yum 72 Replied by Tom Yum 72 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
No matter 2.0 or now 3.0 , none of them work in Doom (2016). Am i doing something wrong or will there be a fix soon ? Thank you in advance !

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #75 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

brussell wrote: However, SMAA doesn't work as intended. It only renders the smoothed edges (instead of the original image + smoothed edges).

I know. Haven't figured that one out yet. It's likely some stenciling issue in the last pass, because all of SMAA's temporary buffers contain the correct data.

Tom Yum 72 wrote: No matter 2.0 or now 3.0 , none of them work in Doom (2016). Am i doing something wrong or will there be a fix soon ? Thank you in advance !

This is not the topic for that. I'm sorry if it doesn't work. I do not own the game, neither am I really interested in it, so this likely remains unfixed.

• matsilagi
More
7 years 10 months ago #76 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Can say its working fine here!
Apparently, the shader i ported with help some time ago took advantage of this system, i can tell you the uniform float things are working fine!
This is so amazing, now i don't have to do lots of includes, bad thing is separating the shaders but eh, i guess that will come as soon as people find out how RS 3.0 works.

• NotSoSweet
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #77 by NotSoSweet Replied by NotSoSweet on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Note: ReShade 3.0 will remove all external tools and files and do all shader and preset management right through the in-game UI.

Will you leave an option to edit configuration file(s) in a text editor i.e. not in in-game UI?

crosire wrote:

matsilagi wrote: Also, about the shaders thingy: Will we still be able to install shaders the old-fashioned way? I have waay too many shaders which uses the "legacy" system

Probably.

Please don't go with the online only way... :(

crosire wrote:

ShoterXX wrote: How does the original application handle the mouse input though? Does it still receive the input, or is it locked off?

I rewrote the input system. It supports blocking the game input now. So if the mouse is on the overlay, the game won't receive input anymore and you can freely click on buttons and enter text without the game noticing.

Can it trigger anti-cheat protection in online games? Gameguard/Xigncode etc

Eh, i'm scared of 3.0. :blush:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by NotSoSweet.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #78 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

NotSoSweet wrote: Will you leave an option to edit configuration file(s) in a text editor i.e. not in in-game UI?

They are stored in a file. Which can be opened with a text editor. Which means you can edit them any way you want.

NotSoSweet wrote: Please don't go with the online only way... :(

Which online way? There is no such thing. You drop in a bunch of shaders you downloaded somewhere and ReShade picks them up. That's no different from now, except right now those shaders are already part of the initial download and it only allows loading a single file, where 3.0 has no limit.

NotSoSweet wrote: Can it trigger anti-cheat protection in online games? Gameguard/Xigncode etc

Anything ReShade does can trigger anti-cheat protection. It's the nature of the tool, being an injector and all. But most anti-cheat tools don't care in case of ReShade, since its obviously harmless.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NotSoSweet

• NotSoSweet
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #79 by NotSoSweet Replied by NotSoSweet on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Anything ReShade does can trigger anti-cheat protection. It's the nature of the tool, being an injector and all. But most anti-cheat tools don't care in case of ReShade, since its obviously harmless.

Umm, but semi-passive injector is one thing and something more advanced that can block controls is another, right? I mean, maybe it can move ReShade from "harmless" to "suspicious"? Maybe it's better to disable this feature in online games like you do with depth-buffer related features?
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by NotSoSweet.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #80 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

NotSoSweet wrote: Umm, but semi-passive injector is one thing and something more advanced that can block controls is another, right? I mean, maybe it can move ReShade from "harmless" to "suspicious"? Maybe it's better to disable this feature in online games like you do with depth-buffer related features?

No, it's not. Technically it doesn’t make any difference.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.