ReShade 3.0 Progress Discussion

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #161 by niflexible
Replied by niflexible on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

JBeckman wrote: That was probably for my answer above, I scrolled over the post too fast so I failed to notice those were URL's midway through the initial post. :)
(In general I'm used to links being blue colored. )


nvm, I figured it now after taking crosire's post url link a look.
I managed to make it work by making a new folder called rx3 in documents,
putting dlls in there with the 'whole' file of the github shaders zip pack
that had the shaders/texture subfolders. Making x.ini file in there too

I then ran the exe setup of 3.0 from the same folder, picked my jc2.exe
and it seemed to know the right api and ran it. Ingame set the paths
in settings for that rx3 folder and ran the tutorial setup. In the end,
everything loaded up with effects and values !!!!!

Here are screenshots :
snag.gy/5HrnAC.jpg
snag.gy/KTSVXb.jpg

In the end, I managed.
Thanks the both of you for the time!
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by niflexible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #162 by JBeckman
Replied by JBeckman on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Yeah in regards to that last part for backwards compatibility I don't think that's going to happen although there's a thread asking for it somewhere on this forum already since that is going to leave most of the current posted presets non-functional (EDIT: Well, short of going back to the 2.0.x .dll that is.) but I don't know if there's a easy way to convert the preset to the 3.0 format short of re-creating it entirely with the updated 3.0 shaders and then posting the resulting ini with the shader settings.
(It's meant to be simpler to share 3.0 presets with just that single ini file having the shader settings in it.)

The in-game UI and tutorial will probably be refined further to make the initial set-up more straightforward and I believe it was also mentioned having ReShade grabbing files from the Github repository as requested making the initial .dll download the entire requirement without looking for the shader files yourself. :)
(Crosire just seem to be very busy at the moment with real life but the current available beta is fairly functional once you get used to it although there's not a whole lot of shader effects just yet.)
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by JBeckman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #163 by niflexible
Replied by niflexible on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

JBeckman wrote: Yeah in regards to that last part for backwards compatibility I don't think that's going to happen although there's a thread asking for it somewhere


Now for the important part, promoting my presets!
Check my presets at :

sfx.thelazy.net/users/u/kaiddusk/
&
sfx.thelazy.net/users/u/niflexible/

I plan to eventually make them 3.0 compatible lol
I just thought I let you know I'll be around in there:)
Check them out if you like, comment, etc;

And again, thanks for the help and Crosire !!
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by niflexible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #164 by crosire
Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

JBeckman wrote: EDIT: As for ReShade.fxh well it's just text but basically a settings file for ReShade functionality, named .fxh as to not be picked up by ReShade when it detects the .fx shader files as I've understood it.

It's just a code file that contains some often used stuff (like a function to linearize the depth buffer content). Not really required, but it reduces code duplication, because every shader that wants to use that functionality doesn't have to implement it for themselves, but instead can simply include the file. Extension is ".fxh" because it resembles what other programming languagues call a "header file" and to make sure ReShade doesn't pick it up as a standalone shader, as you mentioned. SMAA.fxh is similar, it contains the actual SMAA code, whereas SMAA.fx is a wrapper that makes that code compatible with ReShade.

JBeckman wrote: The in-game UI and tutorial will probably be refined further to make the initial set-up more straightforward and I believe it was also mentioned having ReShade grabbing files from the Github repository as requested making the initial .dll download the entire requirement without looking for the shader files yourself. :)
(Crosire just seem to be very busy at the moment with real life but the current available beta is fairly functional once you get used to it although there's not a whole lot of shader effects just yet.)

Wish I had more time right now. Answering questions here I can manage, but development is pretty stagnated until some time frees up again (still have at least one very busy month ahead of me).
The tutorial needs some more work, any suggestions on that end are always welcomed (I tend to think from the perspective of a developer and therefore might not always come up with the most straightforward solutions). Downloading the shader files from within ReShade is on the todo-list. I have a working prototype for that, but it's not ready for public testing. I'm also trying to reduce the compile times, which are currently pretty high because ReShade 3.0 compiles every effect it can find in contrast to ReShade 2.0, which only compiled the active ones. I have some ideas on that end (like only compile effects the first time they are enabled, multi-threading, etc.), but nothing substantial yet.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by crosire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #165 by niflexible
Replied by niflexible on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
[quote="crosire" post=15730[/quote]

Crosire, I have some feedback for you.
I like the new UI, but a few things;
Can we get more precise sliders? Cause curently,
it's pretty too fast and hard to land on the smaller digits,
almost impossible and I got my mouse on very low sens.

I felt like finding the right values for the effects hard to find,
and the search didnt find my values if I typed: Guass
into the search it wouldnt even find the guassian values for the effect.
Tha'ts one gripe I hate, looking through all the values to find the right place.
It used to be much easier in the mediator...

Like, how about we can click the effect's name after activating it
and it would drop to the values settings for that particular effect,
like it was in the mediator?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #166 by Ioxa
Replied by Ioxa on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

niflexible wrote:
Crosire, I have some feedback for you.
I like the new UI, but a few things;
Can we get more precise sliders? Cause curently,
it's pretty too fast and hard to land on the smaller digits,
almost impossible and I got my mouse on very low sens.

I felt like finding the right values for the effects hard to find,
and the search didnt find my values if I typed: Guass
into the search it wouldnt even find the guassian values for the effect.
Tha'ts one gripe I hate, looking through all the values to find the right place.
It used to be much easier in the mediator...

Like, how about we can click the effect's name after activating it
and it would drop to the values settings for that particular effect,
like it was in the mediator?


Make sure you're spelling the shader name correctly. I named all the settings for gaussian blur so they would be easy to find using the search option so as soon as you type "gau" you should start seeing them.

I do agree that it is difficult to find settings for individual shaders though. Maybe it would be helpful to only show settings for selected or enabled shaders.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Ioxa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #167 by niflexible
Replied by niflexible on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

Ioxa wrote:

niflexible wrote:
Make sure you're spelling the shader name correctly. I named all the settings for gaussian blur so they would be easy to find using the search option so as soon as you type "gau" you should start seeing them.

I do agree that it is difficult to find settings for individual shaders though. Maybe it would be helpful to only show settings for selected or enabled shaders.


Yes, especially when you enable more than a few,
it's hard to sort through everything as it is right now.
I understand its beta, hence my feedback, in hope
this could be improved on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #168 by Wicked Sick
Replied by Wicked Sick on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Do you write poetry?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #169 by BlueSkyKnight
Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
On the topic of UI.

So I want to be able to hide sliders and have come up when I need them in the UI. To clean things up and not have a bunch of messy sliders all over the place.
Would it be possible to implement this? Because I tried to this code down here. To see if it will work. But, I don't think I did it right.
uniform bool BD <
	ui_items = "Off\0ON\0";
	ui_label = "Barrel Distortion";
	ui_tooltip = "Barrel Distortion for HMD type Displays.";
> = false;

#if !BD
uniform float Hsquish <
	ui_type = "drag";
	ui_min = 1; ui_max = 1.5;
	ui_label = "Horizontal Squish";
	ui_tooltip = "Horizontal squish cubic distortion value. Default is 1.";
> = 1;

uniform float K <
	ui_type = "drag";
	ui_min = -25; ui_max = 25;
	ui_label = "Lens Distortion";
	ui_tooltip = "Lens distortion coefficient. Default is -0.15.";
> = -0.15;

uniform float KCube <
	ui_type = "drag";
	ui_min = -25; ui_max = 25;
	ui_label = "Cubic Distortion";
	ui_tooltip = "Cubic distortion value. Default is 0.5.";
> = 0.5;
#else
	#define K -0.15
	#define KCube 0.5
	#define Hsquish 1
#endif

I'm a Dirty Person but I don't want others to know ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #170 by crosire
Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

BlueSkyKnight wrote: So I want to be able to hide sliders and have come up when I need them in the UI. To clean things up and not have a bunch of messy sliders all over the place.
Would it be possible to implement this?

In theory yes, bit complicated though. But it won't work the way you tried. The preprocessor is simple text replacement, it has no idea what "BD" is, it only operates with #defines. Something like the following would be doable with some work:
uniform bool BD <
	ui_label = "Barrel Distortion";
	ui_tooltip = "Barrel Distortion for HMD type Displays.";
> = false;
uniform float Hsquish <
	ui_type = "drag";
	ui_min = 1; ui_max = 1.5;
	ui_label = "Horizontal Squish";
	ui_tooltip = "Horizontal squish cubic distortion value. Default is 1.";
        ui_hidden_if_variable_is_false = "BD";
> = 1.0;
Additional note: "ui_items" is ignored on boolean variables. It only works in combination with "ui_type" being "combo".
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #171 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I don't know if it's just my older version but I think a drop down menu for booleans is not so cool, a tick box is way better (if that's already the plan, then nevermind =) ).
Also, how about something of a file tree system for the variables so in case there are 7 shaders I use, there are 7 closed sections. if I want to edit the values of the 3rd shader, I have to expand the 3rd section, like in the windows explorer. That way you don't have to scroll ages for variables if you use a lot of shaders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #172 by crosire
Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

Marty McFly wrote: I don't know if it's just my older version but I think a drop down menu for booleans is not so cool, a tick box is way better (if that's already the plan, then nevermind =) ).

Problem about the checkbox was that the label doesn't align with all other settings, which makes navigation more complex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #173 by brussell
Replied by brussell on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
First, thank you crosire for your ongoing work on this amazing piece of software. Can't live (play) without it anymore :)

Now the question: Would you consider an option for recompilation when the file changes, as it was in all pre3.0 releases? Maybe a checkbox (respectively an option in the .ini) that says "Legacy mode" that, when checked, let ReShade look for a single ReShade.fx and monitor this file. I'm used to it and often games only work with specific versions of ReShade, thus it would make it easier to share a config between them and not having to maintain multiple versions (normal and one with new uniform defitions for gui interaction). That would be great.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by brussell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #174 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote:

Marty McFly wrote: I don't know if it's just my older version but I think a drop down menu for booleans is not so cool, a tick box is way better (if that's already the plan, then nevermind =) ).

Problem about the checkbox was that the label doesn't align with all other settings, which makes navigation more complex.


So checkboxes are not possible at all? Dang :D
Well, anyways, the UI is pretty awesome right now. Although I must say that the variable editing could be a bit more "condensed" so more information has place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #175 by lowenz
Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
With Windows 10 AE (don't know if Windows is the culprit) I have a freeze in several games when I hit "reload" to load the shaders/textures.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #176 by crosire
Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote: With Windows 10 AE (don't know if Windows is the culprit) I have a freeze in several games when I hit "reload" to load the shaders/textures.....

It takes a while. Just wait for it to finish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #177 by acrox999
Replied by acrox999 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
This is just so good. The UI is really clean and easy. However, compiliny shaders takes a long time. Also, the initial configuration of the preset is somewhat confusing. At least for me it is.

Perhaps it might be better if the user didn't input the full path to file, ReShade will know and use the game's directory as the path instead of creating a temporary preset.

All in all, everything works fine for me running v3 32-bit on Test Drive Unlimited 2, Windows 10 (latest update, dunno what it's called) 64-bit. Awesome work, crosire.

P.s. no more alt-tabbing to change configurations. :p
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #178 by mindu
Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Could be possible to specify performancemode and all that stuff in the own ReShade.fx or other shader files?

I mean I like how it always been to have all in one place, because now even DEPTH settings appears in the config file... it is confusing when you have already your own personalized depth settings in any specific .fx and in the UI keeps appearing default depth settings...

I really like the way 3.0 is going, I just hate that config file because each preset for specific games have everything already set up in the own .fx shaders (and all goes to game folder already set up), now there is installation process, extra settings in a foreign file... there's no need for that if everything is already set up in the preset :sick:
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by mindu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #179 by crosire
Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Presets are not supposed to contain shaders. With 3.0 they are only made up of a INI file. So it doesn't make any sense to store that stuff in shader files, especially since each effect is now loaded from separate files (which one would contain that info then?). There is no global ReShade.fx anymore.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by crosire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #180 by brussell
Replied by brussell on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Hey crosire, did you read my post ? What do you think of it? As I see others have a somewhat similar opinion (mindu) I think a legacy mode would be a good idea (also in a sense of backward compatibilty).
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by brussell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mindu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.