ReShade 3.0 Progress Discussion

• mindu
More
7 years 8 months ago #201 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote: Not the presets, but the game config profile.
Look in ReShade user\appdata\roaming directory!

x8009 wrote: EDIT : I understand now, I need to config one folder for Reshade and for every single game I need to add another folder. now it works.

See, this is exactly the problem with the .ini that I've been complaining all the time :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• acrox999
More
7 years 8 months ago #202 by acrox999 Replied by acrox999 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote:

acrox999 wrote: ReShade doesn't save the profile according to the executable's name, but you name it yourself whatever you want it to be named as.
The config file also does not save any of the executable's name, where the hook exists, it runs. Inside the game, open the menu, choose which config you want, done.

Not the presets, but the game config profile.
Look in ReShade user\appdata\roaming directory!

Oh wow, that exists?
Okay so, apparently configuration files and preset files are two different things now?

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #203 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Changed the config file path which currently resided in the AppData directory to the same as the DLL, but with INI extension. So if ReShade is at "path\to\game\dxgi.dll", the settings file is "path\to\game\dxgi.ini".
Preset files obviously can still be placed anywhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaxG3D, mindu

• lowenz
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #204 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Thanks man!

As I said here: reshade.me/forum/suggestions/227-d3d7-support?start=20#16068
Maybe you can eventually remove the D3D8 support and maximize the compatibility with dgVoodoo2 for this awesome D3D11 wrapper.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by lowenz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brussell

• brussell
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #205 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Regarding the recompilation thing. Instead of re-adding the monitoring funcionality, a hotkey that forces recompilation would also be sufficient. Just as an idea.

Btw. i think lowenz is right. Maintaining and improving dgvoodoo compatibilty is a good idea.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by brussell.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #206 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
The D3D8 converter was removed from the injector. I'll probably provide a build of the standalone version on this site instead.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by crosire.

• lowenz
More
7 years 8 months ago #207 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Thanks! Eager to test the next version! :D

And yes, a standalone build is perfect for ONE game that dgVoodoo2 can't support (due to its wrapping technique): Max Payne 1.

• x8009
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #208 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I made it to work with assassin Creed Syndicate so to be able to change to config and performance so it will save and remember the settings.

But I'm trying to do the same for example to Lords Of The Fallen and I can't make it.

Do I need to copy the Reshade32.dll or the Reshade64.dll to the game folder where the EXE file is depend on the game version support 32 or 64.
Then when I go in to the game I click SHIFT + F2 then what folder do I choose first ? I have a folder for C:\Reshade where the Fxh file is
SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_OSVR_Two.fx
ReShade Setup.exe
Reshade32.dll
Reshade64.dll

What do I need to choose for the profile of the game first ? the C:\Reshade or the game folder F:\Gamez\Lords Of The Fallen\Bin or just any folder where it saves it ? I need to add 2 Folders ?

The Tutorial just doesn't say where or what folder to choose. it just says where the Fxh file, but I can't figure where or when it will save it.

I have a Folder with C:\Users\x7007\AppData\Roaming\ReShade this is where all the ini files are kept

The Assassin Creed Syndicate is saving the config, but lords of the fallen not. I did the tutorial 6 times for the lords of the fallen. I also have file in C:\Gamez\Assassin's Creed Syndicate with no extension this must be the config file, but how do I make it for the other games ? It doesn't create it for Lords of the Fallen. Do I need to have Reshade.fxh file in the Reshade folder ? because BlueSkyKnight says it doesn't needed anymore.

[General]
OverlayKey=113,0,1
PerformanceMode=1
InputProcessing=1
PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0
TutorialProgress=4
EffectSearchPaths=C:\reshade
TextureSearchPaths=C:\reshade
PresetFiles=c:\reshade,C:\Gamez\Assassin's Creed Syndicate
CurrentPreset=1

[General]
PerformanceMode=1
OverlayKey=113,0,1
TutorialProgress=4
PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0
InputProcessing=1
TextureSearchPaths=C:\reshade
EffectSearchPaths=C:\reshade
CurrentPreset=1
PresetFiles=F:\Gamez\Lords Of The Fallen,C:\Reshade

Sometimes I get Error from Reshade where it says it found error compiling something

EDIT : Now I made it to work, do I need to click reload and to be on the place where the file suppose to be saved ? where I want it ? I think I just need to know when to choose Reload. because the reload is the important here.

EDIT 2 : Now I restarted the Tutorial and I can't make it save again, it doesn't save the file. Just can't understand it.

EDIT 3 : Ok I understand now. we first make a folder and give it a name : C:\reshade\Profiles\Lords of the Fallen , this is the file name. then it saves it. But I still have tons of errors I don't know why.

[img
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by x8009.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #209 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
The preset is supposed to be a file. Not a folder. This is the file your effect settings (your preset) are then stored in. The tutorial makes that very clear:

"This is the preset FILE selection. All changes to techniques and variables will be saved to the selected FILE. You can add a new one by clicking on the '+' button and entering the full path to the FILE."

You also obviously need writing permissions to the folder your file is stored in. You may enter either an absolute path, or a relative path which is resolved to the ReShade DLL location.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by crosire.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #210 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Beta #5: www.mediafire.com/?8zaqa8s48t0cx60

Changelog:
  • Removed built-in Direct3D 8 converter (will be provided as a standalone)
  • Clarified tutorial on preset files (you'll now have to create a preset in the process to make sure configuration is stored later)
  • Improved error output in log file and log window (now shows which file internal errors refer to)
  • Improved technique and variable layout on home page (now can be grouped by file names)
  • Moved settings file from AppData directory to DLL folder (now called "[DLLNAME].ini") and changed INI layout slightly
  • Fixed default directory for new preset files
  • Fixed shader stage incompatibilities in Direct3D 10/11 when resolving backbuffer but not rendering any effects
  • Fixed invalid type in unary expressions after constant folding
  • Increased number of texture slots restored by OpenGL stateblock (should fix missing textures in No Man Sky etc.)
  • Improved performance
  • Disabled pre-population of preset file list
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed upload
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioxa, brussell, Ryukou36, BlueSkyKnight, Game kNight

• Drogean
More
7 years 7 months ago #211 by Drogean Replied by Drogean on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
just saw reshade 3 is now public

any documentation on it for getting started setting it up? Doesn't look like it include any shaders

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #212 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

Drogean wrote: just saw reshade 3 is now public

any documentation on it for getting started setting it up? Doesn't look like it include any shaders

It's been public for a while now. Some shaders and documentation can be found here: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders . ReShade won't contain shaders by default anymore. This has never been the intention in the first place. Shaders are a community effort and ReShade 3.0 makes this easy, since every effect is a self-contained file (which a shader developer can freely arranged as he/she sees fit) and there is no complicated framework structure around.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by crosire.

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #213 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote:

• Moved settings file from AppData directory to DLL folder (now called "[DLLNAME].ini") and changed INI layout slightly
  • ?

I removed the old files in Roaming\ReShade but the new beta keeps using that folder to create .ini files (with the main exe name)!
    Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by lowenz.

• crosire
    • Topic Author
    More
    7 years 7 months ago #214 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
    Eh. Mediafire messed up the upload and the download link actually contained beta #4. Sorry about that. Fixed the link.

• lowenz
    More
    7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #215 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
    Thanks!
    A little suggestion: maybe it's a good thing to set as a filename preset "ReShade_XXXXX" with XXXXX writeable - or something like that - to avoid game's own inis overwriting.
    Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by lowenz.

• crosire
    • Topic Author
    More
    7 years 7 months ago #216 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote: Thanks!
    A little suggestion: maybe it's a good thing to set as a filename preset "ReShade_XXXXX" with XXXXX writeable - or something like that - to avoid game's own inis overwriting.

Huh? Presets can be named however you want? And the injector configuration file won't overwrite anything, since game do not usually have a d3d9.ini, dxgi.ini or thesorts ...
    Or do you mean so the user doesn't accidently create a preset which would overwrite a game INI?

• lowenz
    More
    7 years 7 months ago #217 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Or do you mean so the user doesn't accidently create a preset which would overwrite a game INI?

This!

• c0dycode
    More
    7 years 7 months ago #218 by c0dycode Replied by c0dycode on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
    Haven't found anything about that issue yet, or maybe I missed it.

Tried the latest 3.0 yesterday and I really like the idea of an in-game-ui.
    Tbh getting it setup first is a bit of a "hassle".

Is there a public "to-do-list" so we can see if an idea is already planned?
    So I set it up this way first:

-Start ReShade Setup
    -Choose the game etc.

So all the files are being copied. In my case to "I:\Attack on Titan". Is it on purpose that we need to setup the environment ourselves? With the "create_reshade_environment.bat" for example?

By default the dxgi.ini for example was setup like:

TextureSearchPaths=I:\Attack on Titan
    EffectSearchPaths=I:\Attack on Titan

Is it planned that work the batch does is included in the ReShade Setup.exe and setting up the default paths accordingly?
    Or was that done on purpose? :) If I've missed that somewhere I'll look for it again.

Regarding my issue:
    After setting everything up and figuring out how to change the settings in the ui, I wanted to play around with some smaa-values.

The ones that work like a "slider" work fine. The ones I have to put in the values by hand don't. I can mark and delete the values but can't enter anything manually.
    Is this a known issue? Or maybe related to the game?

Once again if I've missed it somewhere, I'm fine with a simple "yes" :P

Thanks for the great work though :)

• x8009
    More
    7 years 7 months ago #219 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
    Is Reshade 3.0 still in beta or there is other release ?

• TreyM
    More
    7 years 7 months ago #220 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote:

Drogean wrote: just saw reshade 3 is now public

It's been public for a while now. Some shaders and documentation can be found here: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders . ReShade won't contain shaders by default anymore. This has never been the intention in the first place. Shaders are a community effort and ReShade 3.0 makes this easy, since every effect is a self-contained file (which a shader developer can freely arranged as he/she sees fit) and there is no complicated framework structure around.

Pardon me if this has already been answered, but does this mean we have to point users to github to download shaders manually when distributing presets?

We use cookies
    We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.