ReShade 3.0 Progress Discussion

• kurtferro
More
7 years 7 months ago #261 by kurtferro Replied by kurtferro on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Thank for your nice work, i have only a few request:

1: hotkey for enable/disable effect like all old version
2::hotkey for show FPS with a bigger font than old one (maybe scale with resolution)
3: all parameter should be set with numpad, mouse is good for fast look but hard to be precise.

Do you will add DX12 and Vulkan? i hope yes :=)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #262 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote: Ah, the log sometimes can't be reached by the mouse cursor using the default input option....is it expected? The cursor can't literally trespass :D the menu area.
Blocking all inputs I can reach it.

This is to be expected, since some games reset the mouse to the screen center each frame in order to track the delta movement. That's why the "block all" option exists.

lowenz wrote: And sometimes the cursor can't reach the lower part of the screen.....so you can't click on some parts of the menu ("finish" in tutorial section too).

Could you explain? Do you mean because the window is bigger than the screen (in which case you could move and resize it at the borders).

kurtferro wrote: Thank for your nice work, i have only a few request:

1: hotkey for enable/disable effect like all old version
2::hotkey for show FPS with a bigger font than old one (maybe scale with resolution)
3: all parameter should be set with numpad, mouse is good for fast look but hard to be precise.

Do you will add DX12 and Vulkan? i hope yes :=)

1) That was never removed and still works (via "toggle" annotation on techniques). It even accepts mouse buttons now as requested.
2) Good idea.
3) Keyboard support for the GUI is coming in the future. But I'm not the one working on that, but the ImGui author, so I don't have an ETA.
4) DX12 and Vulkan hooks were already added and are working (you may try it with any such game and check the log). But you won't see anything until I add a renderer and effect compiler for those, which is a quite sophisticated task and not something I find the time and desire to do in the moment. So. Maybe. But not now.

• Aksine12
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #263 by Aksine12 Replied by Aksine12 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Hey crosire ,some of the shaders arent compiling properly with beta 6 and 7
D:\Games\Need for Speed Most Wanted\Shader@0x0318CE20(77,23): error X6077: texld/texldb/texldp/dsx/dsy instructions with r# as source cannot be used inside dynamic conditional 'if' blocks, dynamic conditional subroutine calls, or loop/rep with break*. 
D:\Games\Need for Speed Most Wanted\reshade-shaders-master\Shaders\AmbientLight.fx(288, 8): error: internal shader compilation failed

D:\Games\Need for Speed Most Wanted\Shader@0x0A6F94C0(127,20): error X6077: texld/texldb/texldp/dsx/dsy instructions with r# as source cannot be used inside dynamic conditional 'if' blocks, dynamic conditional subroutine calls, or loop/rep with break*. 
D:\Games\Need for Speed Most Wanted\reshade-shaders-master\Shaders\DOF.fx(909, 6): error: internal shader compilation failed

and a few other effects .
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Aksine12.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #264 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Beta #7: reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_3.0.0b7.zip
Changelog

• Changed file name tree nodes on home page to be collapsed by default
  • Added movable splitter between technique and variable editor
  • Increased label width in variable editor
  • Fixed splash screen not showing up before effects are reloaded on startup
  • Fixed texture references not being updated properly on Direct3D 10 and 11 (causing invalid depth data)

Thank You !
:woohoo:

crosire wrote:

JBeckman wrote: Did something change with the depth buffer and it's importance for effects compared to earlier 3.0 versions?

Not at all. But there is a bug related to the depth buffer in beta 6. See next comment.

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Red Screen/Red Issues in some games.

Fixed in Beta 7.

luluco250 wrote: Oh God another update already?

It's a beta.

luluco250 wrote: I was just updating the Environment Creator script for b5, did anything particularly related to the .ini format change that I should update?

No.

x8009 wrote: How do I make the use of SMAA so I won't have crazy lines aliasing ? cause it doesn't seem to work like the Temporal-SMAA in WatchDogs it just cleared all the Aliasing , this was the best SMAA I saw, but the SMAA shader can't reach this kind .

You won't reach the quality temporal SMAA can achieve with normal SMAA. There is not enough information available to implement temporal AA with ReShade.

x8009 wrote: Do I need Reshade.fxh and SMAA.fx and what is SMAA.fxh ? If I want to use Depth3D shader I don't need both ? If I want to use SMAA + Depth3D do I need

SMAA.fxh contains the official SMAA shader code, SMAA.fx is the wrapper around that code to make it compatible with ReShade, ReShade.fxh contains some helper functions and variables used. For SMAA you need all three. The Depth3D effect is standalone.

x8009 wrote: Does Reshade 3.0 Beta 6 save it's settings in more places than what I choose ? I keep all my profiles in C:\Reshade\Profiles and the shaders are C:\Reshade\Shaders
Somehow even without Reshade folder it still launches the Reshade settings.. even though there shouldn't be profile and it should start fresh tutorial.
(Tested)EDIT : When does reshade tries to take the settings from C:\Users\xx\AppData\Roaming\ReShade ?
(Answer) That's happen since version Reshade Beta 5 3.81+ if you try to add the profile "ini" in the end it won't create it and will create customize file in this folder because it adds "ini" automatically.

No. ReShade stores all its internal settings right beside the DLL with the same name, but INI extension. All presets you created are stored in whichever path you specified. AppData is no longer used (it was in previous iterations of this beta).

x8009 wrote: Using Reshade 3.0 Beta 6 if not downloading the shaders when it says, Reshade overlay doesn't launch or work , can I use without downloading the shaders for every game ? I just want to use 2 Shaders, SMAA + SuperDepth3D .

You may as well download (only) the shaders you want to use yourself. No need to have the setup do it. That's why it's optional.

x8009 wrote: What's the newest version of Reshade 3.0 Beta 5 ? for Beta 6 I remember I saw 3.89 sometimes 3.90 and sometimes 3.91 , but now for Beta 5 newest is 3.82 or 3.81 ?

The last digits in the version refers to the build number. Since the 32-bit and 64-bit variants are built separately, they have different numbers.

x8009 wrote: What do I need the Textures for ?

Some shaders use additional image data for their calculations. SMAA for instance requires two lookup tables that are loaded from AreaTex.dds and SearchTex.dds.

Thank You very much !
:cheer:

One other question. For some reason when I'm at the Home tab having SMAA and SuperDepth3D unselected/disabled the FPS drops to 47 Fps let say instead of normal 60 Fps , but going to the Statistics the Fps jumps to 60 Fps again or I think any other tab but Home. Changing to Performance instead Configuration fix the issue, can you explain why it happens ? cause some games is very hard to change the settings, there is like some kind of delay when I'm at the Home Tab, trying to change the numbers it takes like 20 clicks on the same button until it registered.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by x8009.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #265 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

x8009 wrote: One other question. For some reason when I'm at the Home tab having SMAA and SuperDepth3D unselected/disabled the FPS drops to 47 Fps let say instead of normal 60 Fps , but going to the Statistics the Fps jumps to 60 Fps again or I think any other tab but Home. Changing to Performance instead Configuration fix the issue, can you explain why it happens ? cause some games is very hard to change the settings, there is like some kind of delay when I'm at the Home Tab, trying to change the numbers it takes like 20 clicks on the same button until it registered.

Looping through all the variables and creating the UI widgets on screen + some extensive string calculations have a big hit on performance. This is to be expected. Changing to performance mode disables configuration and therefore the variable editor no longer needs to be rendered, which is why performance goes up then. I'm still trying to reduce that performance hit, but there will always be a one as long as the in-game UI is open (of course none if it's closed).
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by crosire.

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #266 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Could you explain? Do you mean because the window is bigger than the screen (in which case you could move and resize it at the borders).

See the Gothic 3 menu screenshot: I can't go lower with the (reshade menu opened) cursor! So to click on some reshade options ("Finish" in tutorial, etc. ) I must move the reshade window in a higher position (on the screen).....it's why the window is NOTcentered in that screenshot.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by lowenz.

• kurtferro
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #267 by kurtferro Replied by kurtferro on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Thanks for super fast answer eheh, i see togle work with old shaders from framework 2.0 but not with your correct version , but my request is to have it in the UI in setting like Overlay Key or Screenshot key, and maybe in statistic a string with enabled or disabled for networks
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by kurtferro.

• Echo
More
7 years 7 months ago #268 by Echo Replied by Echo on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Is it possible to add the following SweetFX shaders to Rehade 3?:
Technicolor 2
Lift Gamma Gain
Tonemap
Vibrance

I am eager to try Reshade 3, but without those shaders, I can't :p
Thank you for taking the time to do all those things.

• luluco250
More
7 years 7 months ago #269 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

x8009 wrote: One other question. For some reason when I'm at the Home tab having SMAA and SuperDepth3D unselected/disabled the FPS drops to 47 Fps let say instead of normal 60 Fps , but going to the Statistics the Fps jumps to 60 Fps again or I think any other tab but Home. Changing to Performance instead Configuration fix the issue, can you explain why it happens ? cause some games is very hard to change the settings, there is like some kind of delay when I'm at the Home Tab, trying to change the numbers it takes like 20 clicks on the same button until it registered.

It varies from game to game too, I get a big drop in Mass Effect but not at all on most games.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #270 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Different bug this time. But, I think it's still related to the old bug.

Depth buffer seems to have the game image B&W over the depth buffer.

But, If you reload the shaders. It goes back to normal.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• MrBeer
More
7 years 7 months ago #271 by MrBeer Replied by MrBeer on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

Echo wrote: Is it possible to add the following SweetFX shaders to Rehade 3?:
Technicolor 2
Lift Gamma Gain
Tonemap
Vibrance

Be nice to have all the sweetfx shaders done. i like to use it but without the shaders it makes it harder to try.

• luluco250
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #272 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

MrBeer wrote:

Echo wrote: Is it possible to add the following SweetFX shaders to Rehade 3?:
Technicolor 2
Lift Gamma Gain
Tonemap
Vibrance

Be nice to have all the sweetfx shaders done. i like to use it but without the shaders it makes it harder to try.

I would port those shaders no prob (it's actually not hard) but idk if CeeJay would allow it.
Also LUT covers all of those if you're willing to use something like GIMP or Photoshop.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by luluco250.

• vladzor
More
7 years 7 months ago #273 by vladzor Replied by vladzor on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Any idias if cursor of reshade not moving but ingame cursor is moving ?

• luluco250
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #274 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

vladzor wrote: Any idias if cursor of reshade not moving but ingame cursor is moving ?

Some games seem to have problems due to the way they capture hardware input, have you tested ReShade on any other games?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by luluco250.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #275 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

luluco250 wrote:

vladzor wrote: Any idias if cursor of reshade not moving but ingame cursor is moving ?

Some games seem to have problems due to the way they capture hardware input, have you tested ReShade on any other games?

I have a problem too but a bit different maybe depend on the game ? Reshade 3.0 beta 7. it will be very hard to impossible to find the right setting because every time you close the menu after the first time opening it, the cursor will get stuck. Example is Need For Speed Rivals x64.exe if I choose NFS14.exe which runs the x64 bit The first time everything works properly I can change settings and it runs super fast and responsive with only 2 shaders SMAA and SuperDepth3D . but after I set everything and want to check without Reshade Gui closing it and then reopening it causing the mouse to be stuck on the top screen or middle screen , like something accurate and not just randomly on the screen. and fix to that please ? important note I didn't have issue with beta 5 in this game before.

To sum it all . I'm using NFS14.exe which run the x64 of the game + DSR 2560x1440 in NVCP and Desktop is set to 2560x1440 before entering the game + Reshade 3.0 Beta 7 + SMAA which disabled at the moment and SuperDepth3D which changing the settings . After opening the Reshade GUI , closing and reopening it causing the mouse to stop moving at all. but you can still see it while opening Reshade GUI.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by x8009.

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 7 months ago #276 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Hi! Thank you for the amazing work! Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get the 3.0 beta 7 to work for No Man's Sky :(

when loading nothing happens, and i get this error in the log: Failed to recreate OpenGL runtime environment on runtime 000001B6A59167B0.
Really unfortunate that I cannot use the beta. the older versions seem to work just fine, but not the 3.0 beta. I have tried multiple versions of the beta and none seem to work :(

• vladzor
More
7 years 7 months ago #277 by vladzor Replied by vladzor on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

x8009 wrote:

luluco250 wrote:

I have a problem too but a bit different maybe depend on the game ? Reshade 3.0 beta 7. it will be very hard to impossible to find the right setting because every time you close the menu after the first time opening it, the cursor will get stuck. Example is Need For Speed Rivals x64.exe if I choose NFS14.exe which runs the x64 bit The first time everything works properly I can change settings and it runs super fast and responsive with only 2 shaders SMAA and SuperDepth3D . but after I set everything and want to check without Reshade Gui closing it and then reopening it causing the mouse to be stuck on the top screen or middle screen , like something accurate and not just randomly on the screen. and fix to that please ? important note I didn't have issue with beta 5 in this game before.

To sum it all . I'm using NFS14.exe which run the x64 of the game + DSR 2560x1440 in NVCP and Desktop is set to 2560x1440 before entering the game + Reshade 3.0 Beta 7 + SMAA which disabled at the moment and SuperDepth3D which changing the settings . After opening the Reshade GUI , closing and reopening it causing the mouse to stop moving at all. but you can still see it while opening Reshade GUI.

Looks like Reshade is not working on ST Elite Force 2, its totaly bugy

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #278 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

vladzor wrote: its totaly bugy

No shit. It's a freaking beta.

Since version 2.0.3 there were a total of 249 modified files, with 37378 new lines of code (as of 3.0 beta #7). Just to give a rough idea of the complexity of this project, although these stats (retrieved via Git) are heavily influenced by some file renaming I did to clean up the codebase. But still. The ReShade core without dependencies alone spans across 97 code files (with some containing almost 3000 lines of code each). So excuse me if I made some mistakes along the way :huh: .
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago #279 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote:

Crosire, is it possible to fix the issue with the cursor which doesn't move are reopening Reshade Gui the second time ?

Thank You !

• vladzor
More
7 years 7 months ago #280 by vladzor Replied by vladzor on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote:

Since version 2.0.3 there were a total of 249 modified files, with 37378 new lines of code (as of 3.0 beta #7). Just to give a rough idea of the complexity of this project, although these stats (retrieved via Git) are heavily influenced by some file renaming I did to clean up the codebase. But still. The ReShade core without dependencies alone spans across 97 code files (with some containing almost 3000 lines of code each). So excuse me if I made some mistakes along the way :huh: .

you misunderstood, not reshade 3.0 is totaly buggy, i meant every reshade version is on THAT game buggy (Star trek Elite Force 2)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.