ReShade 3.0 Progress Discussion

• OtisInf
More
7 years 11 months ago #41 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: You can move and resize the windows as you see fit.

Ok, as long as it's persistent (so remembers next time I open the UI), it'll work :) I second Natty's request too: font size is key when operating at high resolutions for screenshots.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• roxahris
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #42 by roxahris Replied by roxahris on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I'd like to third the request for adding larger font sizes, though I also have to ask if it would be possible to make the font size and face user selectable, to account for higher scales, non-English languages, and sheer preference.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by roxahris.

• klotim
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #43 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Why make it so hard? just sync the font size / editor window with the native desktop viewport.

edit:

This way it would look good from the beginning but a front-end font-size adjust would be nice aswell.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by klotim.

• kasakka
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #44 by kasakka Replied by kasakka on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
If you use DSR then that might make the font sizes go out of whack. Just simply "font size +/-" settings per game would be fine with a default based on native res or something.

I'd also suggest a "developer mode". When turned off, you wouldn't see things that don't matter to the average user like effect file paths, console etc. when all they want to do is adjust a few effects and know if it compiles right or not.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by kasakka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty McFly, ahnion

• WalterDasTrevas
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #45 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Can you add fine-tuning bars, as occurred in the first mediator?
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by WalterDasTrevas.

• Enko
More
7 years 11 months ago #46 by Enko Replied by Enko on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Can you add auto-updates to the client?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaxG3D

• Golgotha
More
7 years 11 months ago #47 by Golgotha Replied by Golgotha on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

WalterDasTrevas wrote: Can you add fine-tuning bars, as occurred in the first mediator?

I second sliders! Also, you could port an idea popular in the digital audio world, with its endless knobs, sliders and jabotchkas, which is the ability to hold down "shift" or "control" to activate fine-tuning-mode. Some of those mediator sliders were like 1 increment per pixel -- getting just the right setting gave me bowel-movement-face/carpal-sphincter-syndrome.

However I have grown to like the hover/highlight/text edit system of the current iteration. Maybe I'm greedy, but could we have both? Also does anyone else have an issue where randomly, the hover/highlight function fails and am forced to manually click-drag to achieve the same effect? Or know of a simple cause/solution that I'm ignorant of?

• MonarchX
More
7 years 11 months ago #48 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
1. What are the new planned features for ReShade 3.0 aside from Assistant/Mediator-like UI?
2. Will the same people who wrote Assistant/Mediator be writing the UI for ReShade 3.0?
3. Could you add quality versions of downscaling/upscaling? DSR isn't of high quality, but GeDoSaTo has options for high quality downscaling/upscaling.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #49 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

MonarchX wrote: 1. What are the new planned features for ReShade 3.0 aside from Assistant/Mediator-like UI?
2. Will the same people who wrote Assistant/Mediator be writing the UI for ReShade 3.0?
3. Could you add quality versions of downscaling/upscaling? DSR isn't of high quality, but GeDoSaTo has options for high quality downscaling/upscaling.

1. Built-in preset management, indepedant shaders (no big framework), developer mode and tools for shader development inside the game, ...
2. No. I'm the only person working on the ReShade binaries.
3. Not on the current schedule.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NeverExists

• That_aint_working42
More
7 years 11 months ago #50 by That_aint_working42 Replied by That_aint_working42 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I must admit it, I feel hyped as hell for reshade 3.0.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaxG3D

• paxton676
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #51 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
What about Vulkan API support? I heard it is replacing OpenGL.

It is the API that the new Doom game is running.
www.gamersnexus.net/news/2426-doom-nativ...kan-and-gtx-1080-fps
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by paxton676.

• FierySwordswoman
More
7 years 11 months ago #52 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
This is probably one of the more 'out there' suggestions, but....
Since you're going with the whole in-game ui thing, I think it'd be a neat feature to have the 'yo-yo' slider as seen in ENB Skyrim. It's probably my favorite way to edit numeric values.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 11 months ago #53 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
That is the "spinner" UI annotation of AntTweakBar and imho the best option to edit numeric values as with sliders, you have the option between a vast range or fine tuning.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #54 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Testing some basic preset management:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GroinShooter, Plyply, DeMondo, bearbearbear, OtisInf, crubino, Dampfnudel

• crubino
More
7 years 11 months ago #55 by crubino Replied by crubino on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
is possible that we would have a single keyboard button toggle for switching one or more presets to another (cycling), inside this Reshade 3.0? :woohoo:
Since sometimes in one game we are need 1-3 different presets for daylight scene, night scene, in-door scenes, out-door scene, etc... :P

Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeMondo

• DeMondo
More
7 years 11 months ago #56 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crubino wrote: is possible that we would have a single keyboard button toggle for switching one or more presets to another (cycling), inside this Reshade 3.0? :woohoo:
Since sometimes in one game we are need 1-3 different presets for daylight scene, night scene, in-door scenes, out-door scene, etc... :P

Cheers!

--> Actually thats a great idea, very handy // in- & outdoor areas need many times a different (ReShade) setting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crubino

• MonarchX
More
7 years 11 months ago #57 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
So far the shown ReShade 3.0 UI screenshots demonstrate an excellent interface for DEVELOPERS. What about common/average users? Will there be like a Basic and Advanced option? Most of us just want to apply shaders and tinker with shade values...

I also hope ReShade 3.0 will work with ENB just like ReShade 2.0.3f1 does...

• FierySwordswoman
More
7 years 11 months ago #58 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

MonarchX wrote: ...I also hope ReShade 3.0 will work with ENB just like ReShade 2.0.3f1 does.

I'm not sure what planet you're living on, but ReShade 2.0.3f1 will crash the game if it's loaded as an ENB proxy library.

• MonarchX
More
7 years 11 months ago #59 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Which game? Fallout 4, Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma, GTA V, STALKER - SHoC, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines - all of these games work PERFECTLY with the latest ENB + ReShade. My games load both - ENB AND ReShade messages in upper right corner when the games I just listed start. I can also press SHIFT + ENTER and edit ENB effects, which work and apply (I can see the difference) AND I can edit ReShade settings on-the-fly (ALT+TAB the game) and all settings also apply. So on MY planet, ENB + ReShade works perfectly fine in all games I own.

Just make sure to have your ENBLocal.ini (or ENBSeries.ini for older games) set like this:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=false
ProxyLibrary=ReShade32.dll

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #60 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
UI customizability + support for modifier keys in keyboard shortcuts:
The following user(s) said Thank You: angellman, GroinShooter, DeMondo, Golgotha, Qsimil

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.