Screenshot Thread

• Ryuken
More
8 years 5 months ago #1201 by Ryuken Replied by Ryuken on topic Screenshot Thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: SirArthurStreebGreebling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Irkie500
More
8 years 5 months ago #1202 by Irkie500 Replied by Irkie500 on topic Screenshot Thread
God it is so hard to sit here at work seeing all these amazing shots of Fallout 4 and I cant play it right now :(

Got to fire it up for about 10 minutes yesterday, havent event left the house yet with my character lol. Plenty of ReShade tweaking to be done for sure, the game has the typical gray tone to it that hides all the color.

• Eden
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1203 by Eden Replied by Eden on topic Screenshot Thread

crosire wrote: @Eden: Would you mind if I take one of your amazing screenshots, crop it a little so it resizes properly on widescreen monitors and use it as welcome image on the homepage again? These really show the power of ReShade with their usage of DOF. Thank you! =)

You can definitely do that, it's not a problem. The screenshot on the main page looks horrible on my screen and doesn't capture it well so whatever you need to do is alright with me. B)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Eden.

• robgrab
More
8 years 5 months ago #1204 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Screenshot Thread
Always love seeing your screenshots, Ryuken. What shaders are you using for Fallout 4? The main thing I've noticed about FO4 so far is the midtones are completely blown out. I found that using a combination of Tonemap and Curves goes a long way towards making it look better..

• SirArthurStreebGreebling
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1205 by SirArthurStreebGreebling Replied by SirArthurStreebGreebling on topic Screenshot Thread
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by SirArthurStreebGreebling.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Constantine PC

• Courier
More
8 years 5 months ago #1206 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic Screenshot Thread
I couldn't even log in to the forum yesterday. Seems to be working now I guess.
I'm already tired of Fallout 4, it's not a very fun game, at least compared to New Vegas.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave

• robgrab
More
8 years 5 months ago #1207 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Screenshot Thread
Agreed. So far I'm not enjoying Fallout 4 as much as the previous ones. After having played heavily modified versions of FO3 and New Vegas somewhat recently I don't feel like much has changed. It just feels like a slightly updated version of "one of those." Especially seeing how far other open world games have come in recent years. Things like going to a loading screen before entering a building seems very last gen at this point. Character models and animations also seem to be stiff as ever. They need some new blood in there.

• Ryuken
More
8 years 5 months ago #1208 by Ryuken Replied by Ryuken on topic Screenshot Thread

robgrab wrote: Always love seeing your screenshots, Ryuken. What shaders are you using for Fallout 4? The main thing I've noticed about FO4 so far is the midtones are completely blown out. I found that using a combination of Tonemap and Curves goes a long way towards making it look better..

I use 11/12 Shaders: Tonemap, Vibrance, Sepia, Levels, Bloom, Sharpening , Colormod, Lut, liftgammagain Curves and for some screen DOF ;)

The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• Apocalypso
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1209 by Apocalypso Replied by Apocalypso on topic Screenshot Thread
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Apocalypso.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 5 months ago #1210 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Screenshot Thread
Ryuken: you can imprint all those shaders except bloom and DoF into a LUT for better performance.
Apokalypso: Now that's fabulous! What game is that?

• Courier
More
8 years 5 months ago #1211 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic Screenshot Thread
Revisiting Red Orchestra 2 with Reshade 1.1 and Marty's Advanced Dof

@Marty McFly
I must say, I wasn't entirely sold on your dof shader before, but after testing it out thoroughly today I can't go back to anything else. I used to use GPC everywhere because I felt it was the most natural and intuitive shader out there, and I liked the results it gave even if the performance wasn't very good. Yours however can do all gpc's dof does, and better, and with more options. I can do nothing but praise you for this, thanks and please do keep up the good work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty McFly

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 5 months ago #1212 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Screenshot Thread
For performance, lower render resolution multiplier and quality to so low as possible without seeing artifacts. A render res mult of 0.6 to 0.7 is fine and you rarely need a quality setting higher than 10 in gameplay. Plus you can increase the post smoothening. Of course, if you use all extra effects together performance is poor.

• Courier
More
8 years 5 months ago #1213 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic Screenshot Thread
For screenshots I usually use quality at 25 with 1.5 render multiplier, that yields about 24 fps @ 1440p with all the other shaders on. With 8 quality and .7 render multiplier I get about 45 fps with all the other shaders on at 1440p, pretty decent considering I'm still on my 7850.

One thing I can't seem to get right, is to get a fixed blur in the distance while having a dynamic blur up close. I've tried using clip curves and bias, but I haven't been able to replicate what I used to do with gpc dof yet. Any suggestions?

Here's an example of what I mean, it's not very notorious here but the hands and the bottom the weapon are slightly blurred, in regular gameplay most of the weapon is blurred except the forefront.

• robgrab
More
8 years 5 months ago #1214 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Screenshot Thread

Marty McFly wrote: Ryuken: you can imprint all those shaders except bloom and DoF into a LUT for better performance.
Apokalypso: Now that's fabulous! What game is that?

You make a really good point. That never occurred to me that I could consolidate everything into a LUT. Are there any good video tutorials on how to create a LUT? I really want to try this out.

• Elimina
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1215 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Screenshot Thread
Fallout 4:

Testing SSGI (global illumination) with my preset

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Elimina.

• Apocalypso
More
8 years 5 months ago #1216 by Apocalypso Replied by Apocalypso on topic Screenshot Thread

Marty McFly wrote: Apokalypso: Now that's fabulous! What game is that?

Tyvm, it`s Guild Wars 2. :side:

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 5 months ago #1217 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Screenshot Thread
Elimina, I that SSGI from McFX or custom implementation?

• Elimina
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1218 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Screenshot Thread

Marty McFly wrote: Elimina, I that SSGI from McFX or custom implementation?

Yeah, It's from McFx. I'm just messing around with it, and I never realized how close it can look to GI. Its a little glitchy sometimes since I have it spreading the colors pretty far, but over all I love the way it looks.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Elimina.

• Courier
More
8 years 5 months ago #1219 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic Screenshot Thread
I can never get SSGI to not make the image too bright in the places it should not be except in Dead Space.

• robgrab
More
8 years 5 months ago #1220 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Screenshot Thread
I would really love to see someone make a photo gallery demonstrating what each individual effect does. It would be so helpful for so many people. One shader I'd never used before but ALWAYS use now is Ambient Light. Do SSGI and Ambient Light do similar things or can they compliment each other?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.