Depth buffer detection modifications

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 6 months ago #421 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
In L4D2 have lot of bug if try detect depth buffer =(
The topic has been locked.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #422 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Chavolatra wrote: In L4D2 have lot of bug if try detect depth buffer =(

What kind of bugs ? Can you make a screenshot of the settings, and a screenshot of the game ?
Thks
  • klotim
More
5 years 6 months ago #423 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Assassins creed origins depth buffer flickers alot, anything to do about that?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #424 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

klotim wrote: Assassins creed origins depth buffer flickers alot, anything to do about that?

Play in offline mode. Depth buffer is only available in Reshade when in offline mode.
  • klotim
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #425 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

klotim wrote: Assassins creed origins depth buffer flickers alot, anything to do about that?

Play in offline mode. Depth buffer is only available in Reshade when in offline mode.

The buffer is fully functioning, it's just that it flickers like aliasing or something
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by klotim.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #426 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

klotim wrote:

thalixte wrote:

The buffer is fully functioning, it's just that it flickers like aliasing or something

Strange. I do not have this behaviour. I use the DX11 tab and the advanced depth buffer detection settings, but i do not remember my settings. When i have time, will post to you a screen of my settings...
  • Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 6 months ago #427 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
IIRC subtitles lead to flickering in AC: Origins. Do you play with them activated?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #428 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Uncle Crassius wrote: IIRC subtitles lead to flickering in AC: Origins. Do you play with them activated?

Yes. Here are my settings:

[img

[img

PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0

[img

[img
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by thalixte.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #429 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Hello guys !

I have some new dlls for testing in dx9 :) Because of the technique used, it can be taxing. In my rig, it is not, but i would like to now if it is in another rigs.
Could you please test games with source engine (Half life 2 , Left 4 dead 2), or in Resident Evil 4 hd ?
By advance, thks ;)

F.E.A.R 2
So testing F.E.A.R 2. With MSAA Off. We now get a Low Rez Depth Buffer.
Also when you select compatibility mode if you have MSSA On the game crashes.

When you uncheck everything and zoom in you get a full rez z-Buffer. But, if you zoom out it goes away.

When you select before clearing with or without extended the depth buffer seems to be only 480x270. Section only

But, here the funny thing. If you select only Before Clearing. Also, Zoom In and out it seems to fix the problem.

I think Alt-Tabbing helped too.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #430 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

thalixte wrote: Hello guys !

I have some new dlls for testing in dx9 :) Because of the technique used, it can be taxing. In my rig, it is not, but i would like to now if it is in another rigs.
Could you please test games with source engine (Half life 2 , Left 4 dead 2), or in Resident Evil 4 hd ?
By advance, thks ;)

F.E.A.R 2
So testing F.E.A.R 2. With MSAA Off. We now get a Low Rez Depth Buffer.
Also when you select compatibility mode if you have MSSA On the game crashes.

When you uncheck everything and zoom in you get a full rez z-Buffer. But, if you zoom out it goes away.

When you select before clearing with or without extended the depth buffer seems to be only 480x270. Section only

But, here the funny thing. If you select only Before Clearing. Also, Zoom In and out it seems to fix the problem.

I think Alt-Tabbing helped too.

Thks BSD ;) And when you tick Compatibility fix checkbox ?
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #431 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Compatibility fix seems to do nothing now. If MSAA mode is off in the game. For F.E.A.R 2

RE4 HD
I crash if I select "Copy Depth Before Clearing." I have to Alt-Tab and force close the program.

But, when you go back into the game with Copy Depth Before Clearing already enabled it works.
And I am able to get a Depth Buffer.

The bad thing is once you alt-tab out and go back into the game. RE4 HD crashes.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #432 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: The bad thing is once you alt-tab out and go back into the game. RE4 HD crashes.

Strange. Don't encounter this behaviour. What are your game settings ?
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #433 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: The bad thing is once you alt-tab out and go back into the game. RE4 HD crashes.

Strange. Don't encounter this behaviour. What are your game settings ?

Ya, my setting are.
Res 1080p
Fullscreen On
AA Off
Motion Blur On
ShadowQuality High
Texture HD
Color Filter Off
Subs Off.

Now for Half-Life 2.
Everything seems fine. From the start. Enable Copy Depth Before Clearing and there is a Depth buffer. Easy enough.

So Play the game some more till you get your crowbar. Look the crowbar notice something strange. So, enable cheats and enable all the weapons in the game.
So SV_Cheats 1 and Impulse 101. Scroll to my shotgun. Still, don't see it...... Then I look up.

Anyways......... Now I know what Compatibility Mode is for. It Fixes this problem.

Fallout 3 - Working now.

Zombi - Working now.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago #434 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
It seems working with the d3d9 wrapper too :)
Deus Ex Invisible War (wrapper to d3d9) DB!

[img
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #435 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
The Fix is sometimes fundamental BUT it seems altering the luma/brightness/contrast!

*No Fix (with depth errors)
[img

*Fix (no depth error but look at the brightness increase!)
[img

Thief DS (situation here is ridiculous)

*No Fix
[img

*Fix:
[img
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by lowenz.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #436 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Wrapped UT 2004 :ohmy:

[img
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by lowenz.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #437 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Found a game where Depth Buffer Detection got better.
Dead Space - Working Better.

It didn't show before in this area. But, now it does.
It still has an old problem where the Depth Buffer Goes away when something come up on screen. The Depth Buffer clears and leaves only your modle.

• lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago #438 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Halo 2 (Project Cartographer) :)

[img

Quick qUINT MXAO test:

OFF
[img

ON
[img
  • Joker18
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #439 by Joker18 Replied by Joker18 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Can someone please help me with Dx11 x64 version with depth buffer enabled for multiplayer?
I want to use SuperDepth3D in COD BO4 and it only works when playing Solo
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Joker18.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago #440 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
It's intended.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.