MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #341 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@Honeyball, in MasterEffect.h Just change 1 to 0 in the #define USE_XXXXXXXXX sections

#define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD 0

Set them all to 0, then see what each one does by changing to 1

The individual parameters are further down, but clearly marked
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by jmp909.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Honeyball

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Honeyball
More
9 years 1 month ago #342 by Honeyball Replied by Honeyball on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I know, but I would love to have key binding with single effects. Not just all off, just a few. :3

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 month ago #343 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi Marty,

would be great if you could port CRT / Scanlin shaders to MasterEffect

or is it possible to run SweetFX and MasterEffect together somehow?

thanks
J

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 1 month ago #344 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@MartyMcFly

So I just tried the newest version to see if you really fixed the masking, but i still seem to be getting the same problem:

In the image above, I made the mask in the top right corner too large to make it easy to see that the HUD (specifically the total time counter) is still causing lensflares to cover the nonmasked areas. Any idea why that would still be?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #345 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Honeyball wrote: EDIT: Thanks for the fix information, had the same spacebar problem.

I wish we could set single effects off like that X3
I tried to understand how you should off all effects, so I could copy and edit it... but I'm to stupid :'D

Well I can give you a separate build, just list the effects you want to be toggleable and the keys you want assigned to them. BTW there rings a bell with that name, do you have/had a German minecraft LP? If that's true we can continue on a different chat service than the forums on German, if you like.

@SunBroDave: Well, I cannot try it out because I have no game with such a bright HUD. Also your thresholds are set way too low, lensflare are everywhere, not even on the HUD, if a game is mostly super bright one can't apply lensflares without side effects but let me see what I can do.

@jmp909: I can do that, yes but tbh the purpose of MasterEffect was to make the image look better rather than applying weird effects on it. If you insist, I can add it for sure, though.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmp909

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 1 month ago #346 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Lol yes I would never actually play the game using the above config, I was actively trying to "break it" to see if the masking was really improved

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #347 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

SunBroDave wrote: Lol yes I would never actually play the game using the above config, I was actively trying to "break it" to see if the masking was really improved

Try this build (1.1.117): www.mediafire.com/?rl4sunfznqu8m9u

If it works, I will add it to the first post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #348 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi Marty,

re: Honeyball's toggles

could be worth having something like this for each function (just throwing out ideas, I know it's a significant change)
// (MasterEffect.h)
#define KEY_LIFTGAMMAGAIN  VK_DIVIDE; 

// ReShade.fx
#if (USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN == 1) // 
        // add to fx chain
        //  (result, pass function, argument list, optional key)
	fx.push(color.xyz, LiftGammaGainPass, [color.xyz], KEY_LIFTGAMMAGAIN)
#endif

that way the code would stay generic, but the user can just add optional key toggles in MasterEffect.h

//doublepost merged

ps don't you know we all want to play our games like this ;)

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #349 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
As I said before, I don't support keys officially until we can make key combinations. I will make an unofficial build for Honeyball but won't introduce this feature officially.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmp909, Honeyball

• Honeyball
More
9 years 1 month ago #350 by Honeyball Replied by Honeyball on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote:

Honeyball wrote: EDIT: Thanks for the fix information, had the same spacebar problem.

I wish we could set single effects off like that X3
I tried to understand how you should off all effects, so I could copy and edit it... but I'm to stupid :'D

Well I can give you a separate build, just list the effects you want to be toggleable and the keys you want assigned to them. BTW there rings a bell with that name, do you have/had a German minecraft LP? If that's true we can continue on a different chat service than the forums on German, if you like.

That would be soooo awesome. Yes, I'm a German Let's Play- and Livestreamer. I'm using this Shader for my Guild Wars 2 project and thanks to you all I can't play without shaders anymore. :'D The beauty.... On German would be nice too, much easier to write for my. X3

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #351 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Alright then, let me know which chat service you prefer, I'm flexible.

@jmp909:
I'm gonna add FXAA and Tilt Shift first, then we will see. A fellow friend of mine was working on SSDO so this will be the next AO technique to be added.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• Honeyball
More
9 years 1 month ago #352 by Honeyball Replied by Honeyball on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Alright then, let me know which chat service you prefer, I'm flexible.

I use Skype to chat/writing. You can send me a mail with your skype name: meemai@hotmail.de

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #353 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote:

SunBroDave wrote: Lol yes I would never actually play the game using the above config, I was actively trying to "break it" to see if the masking was really improved

Try this build (1.1.117): www.mediafire.com/?rl4sunfznqu8m9u

If it works, I will add it to the first post.

Perfect Marty, it's working exactly as you would expect now. Thanks again, you're the man!

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by SunBroDave.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #354 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

SunBroDave wrote:

Marty McFly wrote: Perfect Marty, it's working exactly as you would expect now. Thanks again, you're the man!

Glad to be a service, have fun!

Something I wanted to post here way earlier: an explanation why Magic DoF is so fast.
Warning: Spoiler!

Oh and I got SSGI working!

The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, SunBroDave, GroinShooter, vfxninjaeditor, BillyAlt, brussell, jas01

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 month ago - 8 years 5 months ago #355 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@Honeyball

I wrote a script for AutoHotKey to achieve what you want. Use it at your own risk! It works mostly but I haven't really tested it

modify as needed.
reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/371-a...for-toggling-effects
reshade.me/forum/suggestions/356-setting...itching?start=6#2983

but also note as Crosire i think mentioned, you need to give it a couple of seconds before switching again, otherwise you're going to end up toggling your values in your file but ReShade won't pick them up, then if you try toggle again you'll be back to your original value obviously
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• SPAS
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #356 by SPAS Replied by SPAS on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I love this but seems to eat my X-Plane 10 shadows away for some reason. They work fine with SweetFX 2.0 but this just flattens sunlight... I understand next to nothing about shaders, but I was thinking I something that has got to do with the .fx as even if the whole Mastereffect.h switches are on 0 I still don't see the shadows.
Even funnier I get shadows while Reshade is compiling the effect but then they disappear...

Any idea?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by SPAS.

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #357 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
[update: the crashing was down to older ReShade... 0.16.0.786 works fine now, not actually related to MasterEffect]

ME 1.117 update with Reshade 0.16 seems to have stopped Binary Domain crashing when alt+tabbing :)

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #358 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@jmp909: that is...great but I already did this in the shader for her yesterday ... you all got me wrong, I said I don't support it officially, not I don't support it at all, meaning I can deliver custom builds at any time but not ones that globally support every effect or will be added to first post. Going the shader way is way easier and comfortable than using AutoHotKey anyways... you can take the Hobbits to isengart that way too but why running around in Mordor when they way across Rohan is the most obvious one?

@SPAS: this is odd, I cannot imagine any cause of this besides some sampler States but no matter the content of the shader, the way it affects the game should be same. Maybe crosire can deliver us with more info?

@jmp909 second: are you sure it is related to ME and not the new reshade version you're using?

Oh by the way I added HBAO to MasterEffect, too and it's working fine!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GroinShooter, tybalitea, BrandonHortman

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #359 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
you are right of course Marty, it's the 0.16.0.786 Reshade build I'm using that fixed the crashing.

also I agree AutoHotKey is a workaround.. and really just a proof of concept as I've not written scripts for it before I thought I'd give it a go.

thanks
j

• SPAS
More
9 years 1 month ago #360 by SPAS Replied by SPAS on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
So this is how it looks for me...

first screenshot is SweetFX 2.0,
second is Mastereffects 1.117 (as you can see not even in the split that should show no shaders I have no shadows),
third is for reference, X-Plane as it is (well there are still some mods on top but not so much...

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.