MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• Quentin-Tarantino
More
9 years 1 month ago #321 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
When you get a chance Marty could you add TILTSHIFT + FXAA back in :)
I was enjoying them :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• promuckaj
More
9 years 1 month ago #322 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Dear Marty,

I would like to thank you one more time for great job you did till now! :) Keep up with this. The last version working fantastic, very optimized and no such a big impact to fps like with old version.
I prefer and use your light effects, and only one thing remain to be "fixed", it is those, annoying, overused bloom in lensdirt effect. :( If there is any chance to fix this, it will be perfect.

• Zonesystem
More
9 years 1 month ago #323 by Zonesystem Replied by Zonesystem on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Sorry, maybe I missed it, but there is no Mastereffect.ini in the distribution file

"Open up the "MasterEffect.ini" file"

• Ioxa
More
9 years 1 month ago #324 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Zonesystem wrote: Sorry, maybe I missed it, but there is no Mastereffect.ini in the distribution file

"Open up the "MasterEffect.ini" file"

Look for MasterEffect.h, thats the one that has all the settings in it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zonesystem

• Zonesystem
More
9 years 1 month ago #325 by Zonesystem Replied by Zonesystem on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Thanks

• huss93
More
9 years 1 month ago #326 by huss93 Replied by huss93 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
thank you marty i love you work very nice sorry my english i am french

• Lightcatcher
More
9 years 1 month ago #327 by Lightcatcher Replied by Lightcatcher on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hey.
First of all: Thanks to crosire for creating ReShade and thanks to Marty for creating MER.
I use ReShade+MER for about 1 month now and I love it. :)

Of course I set a toggle key (Scroll Lock) but now I have an advanced question about that.
Is it possible to add a toggle key that only triggers a single effect? In addition to the complete on/off toggle key, of course.

For example:
"Scroll Lock" triggers the whole shader suite.
"F9" triggers only PetkagtaDoF.

I searched a long time in this forum for a solution, but I was not able to find a way to make this possible. :(

Thanks for your help.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #328 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

promuckaj wrote: Dear Marty,

I would like to thank you one more time for great job you did till now! :) Keep up with this. The last version working fantastic, very optimized and no such a big impact to fps like with old version.
I prefer and use your light effects, and only one thing remain to be "fixed", it is those, annoying, overused bloom in lensdirt effect. :( If there is any chance to fix this, it will be perfect.

Lensdirt is by definition bloom with a texture mask. If you use a completely white lensdirt texture, you have original bloom so basically the color and brightness of a pixel of the texture alters the respective properties of the bloom on that pixel. Using a black texture results in no bloom at all. Using a plain blue one results in blue bloom. My example texture is mainly non-black so bloom is strongly visible, but if you use a texture that is black everywhere besides the speckles that are the "dirt", you get what you desire. Something like this:

Warning: Spoiler!

@BrandonHortman: I made a poll which focusing is now used for every DOF shader and Magic DOF won. Below you find a picture of the config values of both DOF and AO, red ones are global (for DOF it's focusing and blur radius etc) and the green ones are config values for the respective DOF methods, mostly quality and weighting parameters. Before I made thsi system, switching between DOF methods was a pain in the ass. One used Matso DOF and had a nice focusing with a decent blur radius and when switching to Magic DOF it took ages until the user could recreate the same looks with completely differently working parameters.

Warning: Spoiler!

@Quentin-Tarantino: Both will be re-implemented, but later, I just want to sort out all the issues the rewritten build has (which are way less than I expected tbh).

@SunBroDave: I tried a few things. Problem is, if I prevent these pixels from being processed, they count as black pixels for blurring etc so HUD will have a black outlining and stuff like that.

@Lightcatcher: Considering the current amount of effects, I'd need to map half of the available keyboard keys for the effects so before key combinations are possible, I will not add support for this. These may be possible though, crosire can you give us more info?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin-Tarantino, BrandonHortman, Lightcatcher

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #329 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: These may be possible though, crosire can you give us more info?

Key combinations are on the TODO list, can't say when they make it in yet though. =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lightcatcher

• Lightcatcher
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #330 by Lightcatcher Replied by Lightcatcher on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@Marty McFly & @crosire: Thanks for your fast reply! :)

Too bad, that there isn't a way to trigger single effects yet. :(
I use DOF only for screensots in Guild Wars 2 because it blurs the HUD (and that is not so good for gaming). So at the moment i have to ALT+TAB the game everytime to active and deactive DOF. This wouldn't kill me but it's a little bit annoying. ;)

But good to know, that you put it on your todo list.
Thanks a lot! :cheer:
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Lightcatcher.

• Ganossa
More
9 years 1 month ago #331 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Lightcatcher wrote: @Marty McFly & @crosire: Thanks for your fast reply! :)

Too bad, that there isn't a way to trigger single effects yet. :(

(Most) cohesive passes (effects) will be individual techniques in the upcoming ReShade framework and therefore inherently allow users to add key-toggles to each effect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman, jas01, Aelius Maximus

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #332 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: @SunBroDave: I tried a few things. Problem is, if I prevent these pixels from being processed, they count as black pixels for blurring etc so HUD will have a black outlining and stuff like that.

Thanks for taking a look Marty. If the issue is that the HUD is counting as black pixels, how expensive would it be to use the first pixel on the left of the mask pixels (the last non-HUD pixel in each horizontal row of pixels) for processing the effects for HUD pixels? The color of the pixel seems like it shouldn't matter because its ultimately not gonna be applied over the mask in the final image, and it seems like it would cause effects to be applied only based on non-HUD pixels.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by SunBroDave.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #333 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
That is even more difficult but let's collect the effects that are affected by HUD: lighting effects and blurring effects. For blurring, the masking is fine as it is atm and for the lensflare/bloom etc a black source pixel doesn't trigger any bloom etc so for lighting input only, a black source pixel will do the job. That being should be possible, aye.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #334 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Doublepost FTW!
Updated MasterEffect to 1.1.115, download available in first post.

Fixed compiler errors on ReShade 0.16.0 and earlier (only on OpenGL), fixed SMAA not working, modified masking to prevent the masked areas affecting non-masked areas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, SunBroDave, Alex_outer, klotim, tybalitea, BrandonHortman, Aelius Maximus, Lightcatcher

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 1 month ago #335 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
And that's why Marty's the fucking man

• FYKC
More
9 years 1 month ago #336 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I'm not sure if this is related to MasterEffect or ReShade but the spacebar seems to toggle on and off the effect. How could I change that?

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #337 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@FYKC
Ctrl+F "toggle" in ReShade.fx and change the hex value to one corresponding to the desired key
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by SunBroDave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FYKC

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #338 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@FYKC

I do this in ReShade.fx
#define VK_SCROLL 0x91
#define VK_INSERT 0x2D
//#define ReShade_ToggleKey VK_SCROLL
#define ReShade_ToggleKey VK_INSERT

then you want to change this line:
//technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = 1; toggle = 0x20; >
technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = 1 ; toggle = ReShade_ToggleKey; > 
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by jmp909.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FYKC, Honeyball

• Honeyball
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #339 by Honeyball Replied by Honeyball on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
EDIT: Thanks for the fix information, had the same spacebar problem.

I wish we could set single effects off like that X3
I tried to understand how you should off all effects, so I could copy and edit it... but I'm to stupid :'D
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Honeyball.

• FYKC
More
9 years 1 month ago #340 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@SunBroDave
@jmp909

Thanks a lot!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.