MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #401 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Updated MasterEffect to 1.1.205. Added screenspace reflections, picture here:

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matsilagi, angellman, Pondural, Alex_outer, SpinelessJelly, brussell, jas01, Elimina, jmp909, PetkaGtA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fuze
More
9 years 1 month ago #402 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
^^ LOL nice one Marty :D

• Koklusz
More
9 years 1 month ago #403 by Koklusz Replied by Koklusz on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Updated MasterEffect to 1.1.205. Added screenspace reflections, picture here:

MasterEffect 1.1.205 public wrote: #define USE_REFLECTIONS 0 //[0 or 1] Reflections: Adds screen space reflections similiar to those used in Half-Life 3.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #404 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
As you can understand, I have to remove this 1st April edition from first post now. Hope you had some laughs and thanks to PetkaGtA for the image (took it from a SA::Render post),, needed to have a fancy pic to show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman, jas01, jmp909

• BrandonHortman
More
9 years 1 month ago #405 by BrandonHortman Replied by BrandonHortman on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Oh snap I missed it!!

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #406 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

BrandonHortman wrote: Oh snap I missed it!!

I'll move it instead of deleting it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

• jijidasu
More
9 years 1 month ago #407 by jijidasu Replied by jijidasu on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi Marty,

What are the chances of you putting in more detailed configuration settings for Ring/Petka DoF like with the older releases?

I'm talking specifically about these kind:
#define focalDepth   		2600.5 		//[10.0 to X] Depth of focal plane for manual DOF
#define focalLength   		100.0 		//[10.0 to X] Length of focus area for manual DOF
#define fstop   		250.5 		//[10.0 to X] fStop for manual DOF
#define vignint   		0  		//[0 to X] Amount if vignetting applied
#define fdofstart   		0.5  		//[0.0001 to 0.05] Distance where far blur starts
#define fdofdist   		3500  		//[0.1 to 1.0] Distance where far blur ends
#define focus   		float2(0.5,0.5) //[0.0 to 1.0] Screen coordinates of focus point. First value is horizontal, second value is vertical position. 0 is left/upper, 1 is right/lower.
#define CoC   			0.3 		//[0.01 to 0.3] table is here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_of_confusion
#define namount   		0.00004 	//[0.00000 to 0.0005] Amount of noise applied. This is no grain, rather some kind of DOF offset jittering
#define DOFdownsample   	0.0 		//[0 to 10] This should downsample the blurred areas but Boris and his unsupported stuff...
#define maxblur   		1.9 		//[1.0 to 10.0] Maximum amount of blurring

By way of these I was able to better control the depth and cutoff of blur which is causing a lot of problems with HUD elements. Sorry if this is a selfish request - just curious as I really liked this freedom. If it's possible to be done with the recent release I might be overlooking it and any support would be a great hand!

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 1 month ago #408 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty, a couple things. I have noticed that there are some horizontal lines in HBAO that causing a lot of AO flickering when moving.

Also, while SSGI is really cool, the AO technique used in it just doesn't look that great compared to RMAO and HBAO. HBAO is by far the nicest AO currently implemented. Is it possible to separate SSGI and allow it to mix with any AO technique we find most useful/appealing for our presets?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #409 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I already said it a million times, all DOF shaders now share the same focus values, if you are against it, you should've written something a month ago when I made a poll. These focus values are the one written in capital letters on top of DOF section.

About the AO: I'm also not really satisfied with the SSGI, might rip it out and modify HBAO instead to work like GI. These lines happen because of RGBA8 quality of texOcclusion textures, I set it that low because as soon as I use some higher value, people go ape shit about the overhead ME has without any effects and so on.

• Frankie
More
9 years 1 month ago #410 by Frankie Replied by Frankie on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Sorry if it's been asked before, but would it be possible to have a global DOF setting that controls focus speed?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #411 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Frankie wrote: Sorry if it's been asked before, but would it be possible to have a global DOF setting that controls focus speed?

You mean the time the autofocus needs to adapt to a new focal plane? That would require depth info from previous frames being interpolated. This is possible to achieve but due to performance reasons and resulting code chaos, I decided to not go that way.

• jas01
More
9 years 1 month ago #412 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: About the AO: I'm also not really satisfied with the SSGI, might rip it out and modify HBAO instead to work like GI. These lines happen because of RGBA8 quality of texOcclusion textures, I set it that low because as soon as I use some higher value, people go ape shit about the overhead ME has without any effects and so on.

Hello Marty

I actually like SSGI. Maybe can you make new AO technique (mix of HBAO and SSGI) instead of modify SSGI? I really like how it looks at the moment in my game. :)

/Sorry for my poor grammar.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 1 month ago #413 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
HBAO SSGI might look nicer in the long run, but I can see what you mean. I just think SSGI needs to be split away from AO so we can combine it with whatever AO technique we want.

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #414 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty, idk if you've already addressed this bug but every now and then when I go to save MasterEffect.h, it show some weird bloom or chapman lens shit on the screen, and I usually have to resave it a bunch of times until it goes away. If I tilt the camera so that there's nothing super bright onscreen when I save the settings, it doesn't seem to happen. The only lighting effect I have on is bloom so maybe that's what's bugged. Here's an example, notice the gross lens stuff over the character and by the statue.

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by SunBroDave.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #415 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
If you have to save it a couple of times it cannot be the shader itself because source code doesn't change, only the way it it executed. Also I never heard of this issue, must be completely user side.

About the AO / GI thing: I will not split both things because it is highly impractical, why sampling two times and let blurring etc render 2 times simulatenously, that's just silly. Also GI only looks good when way of sampling of occlusion and color bounce is same.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 1 month ago #416 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: If you have to save it a couple of times it cannot be the shader itself because source code doesn't change, only the way it it executed. Also I never heard of this issue, must be completely user side.

About the AO / GI thing: I will not split both things because it is highly impractical, why sampling two times and let blurring etc render 2 times simulatenously, that's just silly. Also GI only looks good when way of sampling of occlusion and color bounce is same.

ah, okay. Now I understand. In that case, I think using HBAO for SSGI would be the best bet since it looks much nicer.

• jijidasu
More
9 years 1 month ago #417 by jijidasu Replied by jijidasu on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: I already said it a million times, all DOF shaders now share the same focus values, if you are against it, you should've written something a month ago when I made a poll. These focus values are the one written in capital letters on top of DOF section.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I wasn't around when you polled users on choices for DOF. I have a worked a bit with the current settings and tried to find a middle ground that works similar to before but it's a bit hard. I might just have to pass on DOF for the time being.

• fuze
More
9 years 1 month ago #418 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
This might be an overkill, but I was wondering if you could make an option for us to choose the focusing type, like you did with the DOF type, 1 for rimg, 2 for magic, etc... So could it be possible to set the focusing the same way, 1 for ring, 2 for magic, etc... So we could like make it gp65 dof with matso focusing, ring dof with magic focusing, etc... Or that would be extremely hard and fps consuming?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #419 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
This wouldn't be fps consuming but very hard to code. Not just the focusing alone but more importantly the masking which works per comparing source pixel and blur offset pixel CoC's. DOF without masking produces halos around every object that is in focus and is next to a blurred area, it looks totally shitty. Different focusing algorithms produce different CoC values and would need a different masking. Since I spent almost two weeks to create the masking I use atm which still isn't perfect, I surely won't undergo the same procedure 3 times again. And I still don't see why, with the current focusing every result of the other focusing techniques is reproduceable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• SiriusHours
More
9 years 1 month ago #420 by SiriusHours Replied by SiriusHours on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
The DOF is fine the way it is, just taking the time to fine tune your preferred settings is time consuming, having to go in and out of game.

Would it be possible in the future for Reshade to get GUI to use in game to control variables?