MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 days ago #461 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

helge wrote: @Marty:
Thanks for those explanations, but I think you didn't quite get my problem right. It's not the 2D objects that are my problem, it is everything. The AO effect shines through all the 3D objects, like the protagonists model for instance. I can see those black shadows through walls, buildings, persons etc.

That's odd indeed. Which game is it? If you use depth buffer output, is the scene correctly displayed or are objects missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• helge
More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #462 by helge Replied by helge on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
The game (as I already mentioned ;) ) is Assassin's Creed II and I have the same problem with Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. I currently don't have any other dx9 games to test.
Alright, I tested the depth buffer output mode and indeed, objects are missing. Turns out that in the game with AO, you can look through all those objects, that are mising in the depth buffer output. For example the ground disappears from time to time in the dbo - just as you can see the shadows through the ground in the game with AO from time to time.
Also, the very same objects are missing in the AO debug mode (I thought at first, that would just be the way the effect works, not occluding smaller objects or something like that, actually I wondered about that already).
Just to avoid confusion: I have to take back what I said in the last post, that I could see the shadows through everything. I just wrote it off the top of my head. After further observation it is obviously rather as descibed here.
The depth of field effect by the way, doesn't apply correctly, too. It also ignores the same parts (objects) of the scene. So the effect could be pinpointed now, just a matter of finding out the reason for it and thinking of a solution... I hope you can help with that.

I took some screenshots for comparison, that I think could be useful for getting a grip on the problem.
pho.to/9GgI7 (original, AO debug, game with AO issue, depth buffer output)

By the way, some time ago, when I experimented with the RadeonPro AO I encountered similar problems. But somehow I could solve them. Actually I think it was something about the internet connection, although that seems fairly unlikely to me now... May just be something I tried a couple of times and now wrongly remember as the solution... However, obvious that I tried and failed to just disconnect to solve that issue.
And one more thing: I reinstalled Windows just a couple of weeks ago, so there can actually not be that much software and stuff, that could cause any trouble, didn't install or download much, at least nothing unusual.
Last edit: 9 years 6 days ago by helge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frankie

• crosire
More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #463 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
If those objects are missing in the depthbuffer, then there is nothing that can be done unfortunately.
Last edit: 9 years 6 days ago by crosire.

• helge
More
9 years 6 days ago - 9 years 6 days ago #464 by helge Replied by helge on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Well, that would be a real pity. But there is one thing, that makes it hard for me to believe that this is true for this particular game. As I said, I was able to activate AO via RadeonPro in this very game a while ago, without encountering that problem, or at least beeing able to somehow fix it. Would the RadeonPro AO not work in a similar way, so that it coudln't be the games fault?
Last edit: 9 years 6 days ago by helge.

• crosire
More
9 years 6 days ago #465 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
RadeonPro just enables AO in your graphics driver and the driver has a lot more information to work with.

• helge
More
9 years 6 days ago #466 by helge Replied by helge on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
That's a shame. Well, if anybody comes up with an answer that is something else than "doesn't work", feel free to share it with me. :P
Anyway, thanks for the information!

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 days ago #467 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
MSAA is known to fuck up the depth buffer, maybe (if game supports it,) disable it? Also, most likely these objects have something in common like having a particular shader (by the game itself) applied, breakable and do on so they use an own render pipeline so they don't show up in the "main" depth buffer. If MSAA disabling doesn't help, I have no idea and I can't do anything since I only code shaders which use what ReShade feeds them so if Crosire can't fix it, I can even less.

• helge
More
9 years 5 days ago #468 by helge Replied by helge on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I tried a couple of things with Anti Aliasing settings i the game, CCC and RadeonPro (including disabling everything of course), but unfortunately nothing helped. Something else that discourages me: sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/19209/full/ A very subtle form of SSAO is used in this preset, and if you look closely, you will recognize those black rims and borders shining through the persons again. Quite disappointing, would have been great to have that effect in the game.

• Skinner
More
9 years 5 days ago - 9 years 5 days ago #469 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic MasterEffect ReBorn DOF question.
New here on the forums and I have I question about the DOF .
No matter what I try, I seem unable to get things right. I Always get the whole screen blurred with DOF and I want only DOF behind the focuspoint.
I'm using "4", Matso's.

First I wonder if the available DOF in the ME is "dynamic" DOF, like often used in enb's, ie, so dynamicly related to the changing cursor/camara focus point? (distence of the DOF depends on dynamic focus point) If yes that's with the MANUALFOCUS set on "0"?

Second, I've tried MANUALFOCUS on "0" and "1" , changed near and far blurcurve value's, set difference focusdepth in case of manual focus, but I alway's end up with a whole blurred screen or nothing. Also are there value's for smooth border transitions?

So my question, can someone point me to settings to archive dynamic DOF alway's behind camera focus?

Games I tried are Tombraider 2013 (dx11) and Far Cry3 (dx11). The last should have full support according to the compatibilitylist.
Last edit: 9 years 5 days ago by Skinner.

• Prodousier
More
9 years 5 days ago #470 by Prodousier Replied by Prodousier on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
cant find config file

• Frankie
More
9 years 5 days ago - 9 years 5 days ago #471 by Frankie Replied by Frankie on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty, this post by AC4 developer addresses temporal antialiasing (look at the pictures, amazing difference), thought you would find it interesting: bartwronski.com/2014/03/15/temporal-supe...ng-and-antialiasing/

Wikipedia also has some neat "paper that explains how it works" stuff in the "computer generated imagery" section: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_anti-aliasing
Last edit: 9 years 5 days ago by Frankie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrandonHortman

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 days ago #472 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Skinner
Hm, you can't always trust that list. Check for yourself, enable depthbuffer output and see if it looks normal.
Prodousier
U w0t m8?
Skinner
As I already said, I'm very bad at reproducing code from papers.

• Skinner
More
9 years 5 days ago - 9 years 5 days ago #473 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty, enabling depthbuffer results in a white screen.

Dont know what you mean with the last sentence, but I guess the only thing to do is share my logfile and DOFsettings:

pastebin.com/diff.php?i=7UVqeWAv
Last edit: 9 years 5 days ago by Skinner.

• Prodousier
More
9 years 5 days ago #474 by Prodousier Replied by Prodousier on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Sweetfx, mcfx, gemfx, all have .cfg file.

• Skinner
More
9 years 4 days ago #475 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I'm only using master effect, so no other shadersuites.Can someone at least say if they know the by me disired DOF is possible?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago #476 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
If the depth buffer is plain white, then no depth info could be retrieved by ReShade. There is nothing a shader can do about it. If the list says full compatibility it must be either a reshade version difference between the person who is responsible for the list entry and your version or something on your PC causing these issues. MSAA is known to fuck up the depth buffer, if the game has it in the options and you have it enabled, disable it and restart game, some games leave it enabled no matter what the ingame option says.

Prodousier, what do you use? The framework or only MasterEffect? MasterEffect has the MasterEffect.h file.
Last edit: 9 years 4 days ago by Marty McFly.

• RFiD
More
9 years 4 days ago #477 by RFiD Replied by RFiD on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi Marty McFly, Hi Crosire,

i made a Preset for ReShade & MasterEffect, its already spreading in the net.
I already gave credit to you and crosire (reshade developers)

I read a few minutes ago, crosire does not want to include the reshade dll - what I already did.
just wanted to make it as simple as possible for the users. since the setup installs a wrong dll file for the user and it needs to be renamed.

Excuse me. I'm asking for permission to include the dll in my packages and to use the MasterEffects shader files.

Thanks for your work!
RFiD

• Prodousier
More
9 years 4 days ago #478 by Prodousier Replied by Prodousier on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Im using framework, but it doesnt work together.

• Skinner
More
9 years 4 days ago #479 by Skinner Replied by Skinner on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: If the depth buffer is plain white, then no depth info could be retrieved by ReShade. There is nothing a shader can do about it. If the list says full compatibility it must be either a reshade version difference between the person who is responsible for the list entry and your version or something on your PC causing these issues. MSAA is known to fuck up the depth buffer, if the game has it in the options and you have it enabled, disable it and restart game, some games leave it enabled no matter what the ingame option says.

Ah that's that bad., a well configured DOF looks awesome. I will look in the other sections of the forum, maybe an older version works.
I'm not using any msaa, as I play in 5120x2880. Thanx anyway :)

• crosire
More
9 years 4 days ago - 9 years 4 days ago #480 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

RFiD wrote: since the setup installs a wrong dll file for the user and it needs to be renamed.

Are you sure? Just because the game is DirectX 11 for instance and the setup installs a d3d9.dll doesn't mean it's wrong, ReShade only cares about if the game loads that DLL. You can trust the tool's decision in 99.9% of the cases.
Last edit: 9 years 4 days ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.