MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #521 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Insomnia wrote: A "knob" is just a setting. I heard it once and it stuck. :P

Umm... I can use SweetFX stuff while using MasterEffect??

Yes, the framework combines all efforts to go away with overlapping shader packs, re-implementation and the difficulty for users to combine their favourit shaders. Currently it combines ME, SFX, GEMFX, Jpulowskie's cel shading, loxa's gauss and a few other new shader :)

Its meant to be ReShades platform for not only users but also and in particular shader developers.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Ganossa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Insomnia
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #522 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Oh....damn....... That's genius! I have been away from the interweb for a little time so I had no idea this had happened. :D Thanks all!

Edit: BTW I love that tutorial vid!! How sloooow the mouse points to point out how rididculously easy it is haha!
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Insomnia.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #523 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Currently porting my uber DOF shader to ReShade, sheer feature size is insane ...

Depth sorting (splitting scene in three areas, far, focus and near blur, all interpolated) to eliminate color bleeding the professional way, not per depth comparison of tap offset and center.

Warning: Spoiler!

Smart quality, measuring distance between offsets and adjusting quality parameter accordingly, sometimes shape consists of 2 quality levels at once. Gray levels represent the different quality levels but this is for center tap only. Artifacts on distance trees are caused by alpha channel of tree texture, leaves almost transparent but they keep the depth.

Results in perfect preservation of focus areas without any color bleeding at all. Code is very optimized so this runs with performance comparable to Magic DOF while being naive approach actually.

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SiriusHours, GroinShooter, SpinelessJelly, cwook, BillyAlt, Quentin-Tarantino, jas01, Elimina

• BillyAlt
More
8 years 11 months ago #524 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Nice.

• Elimina
More
8 years 10 months ago #525 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
*Heavy Breathing* I want the new DoF now... I want it :ohmy:

In all seriousness, nice job porting this effect!

• SiriusHours
More
8 years 10 months ago #526 by SiriusHours Replied by SiriusHours on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
new DOF is amazing, cant wait to try it out!

• piterrrxd
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #527 by piterrrxd Replied by piterrrxd on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Why the grain effect its now static (no #define fGrainMotion and #define fGrainIntensity options)?
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by piterrrxd.

• jas01
More
8 years 10 months ago #528 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Not in Framework. ;) ( probably... )

• Elimina
More
8 years 10 months ago #529 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hey Marty, will the new DoF be automatic or manual? From the screenshots, it looks like it would be a static blur, but what do I know

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #530 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Even the lowest-level DoF shaders have a autofocus/manual focus switch.
A screenshot of my old useless focus visualization stuff, visible focus sample points (interpolate between green = close and red = far), small preview window to show the CoC distribution and a small bar that displays both in color and height the current focus depth = average of all focus points.

[img

Oh and some LED shader thing. CeeJay suggested to make the bright LED's glow and to antialias the edges, kudos to him.

[img
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa, Elimina

• manoffaith
More
8 years 10 months ago #531 by manoffaith Replied by manoffaith on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I know it sounds Stupid, but can't find or edit "ON" - "OFF" Hotkey for mastereffect.

• SiriusHours
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #532 by SiriusHours Replied by SiriusHours on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Any chance logarithmic detection for the depth buffer in MER...Would it be possible in the future or am I gonna have to stick with the framework. Framework is super useful, just dont need all the options, damn I need to learn to write DOF on its own.
Is it just me or does the logarithmic depth buffer? cause extreme loss in frames. run usually 40-50, drops to 20-30 with reshade enabled.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by SiriusHours.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #533 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
May I ask, whats the downside of having options or is it just more difficult to decide which to pick?

Its planned to connect the framework configurator to the preset database which might also allow to create statistics of shader usage. Most used shaders could then be highlighted to make the decision easier. If thats a concerne.oO

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #534 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
That's usually impossible.
And you guess that "logarithmic" is a bit confusing, I see many people use it wrong.
By default, the raw Depthbuffer reshade accesses is extremely curved. Meaning that it had a range of 0 to 1 but it goes up to 0.99 in like 2 metres distance and all the way to the sky is inside this 0.01 which is left. But for DOF etc we need it linearly, so 0 is player, 0.5 is like half a mile away and 1.0 is the sky so we need to apply a function on it to make it that way. Now GTA V and a few other games have a "logarithmic" Depthbuffer, meaning the default curve is totally different. This is to give more information to far areas (bit depth limits data range and if two objects have same data, z fighting occurs) because these games have an extreme farclip. So we have to apply a different function to revert this logarithm and get a linear depth again. That's the whole difference, we just need to switch a teeny tiny function depending on the input. Nothing that could take much performance.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 10 months ago #535 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
^
As Marty said.

The log depth has a much wider range of distance in a much smaller range of values. Still that unformation has to be stored in the same 8bit value range. Retrieving the log depth is not enough to mimic the same DOF effects. We need to stretch the values to cover the entire 8 bit but having only a small fraction of 8 bit available from the log source leads to huge banding which is visible if you would use it for the linear DoF effect. So I had to use CJ dither algorithm on the banded linear log depth result and store values in 32bit instead. This process is more expensive but should not be noticeable due to only few samples. The entire process could of course most likely be improved as this is still the first implementation :)

• SiriusHours
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #536 by SiriusHours Replied by SiriusHours on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
LuciferHawk, I'm usually just using the DOF settings. all the options are super beneficial though. Especially with older games like The Witcher or Saboteur. SO much to apply. AmbientLight is useful. I think the framework is fine. tbh as you said the first implementation, so Ill have to let you guys do your thing. Its solid so far, never had problems. Just with V, Im not using anything other than MatsoDOF. Any explanations why Magic DOF gives me a fully white screen? like I get bloomed into complete white when I enable. EDIT--- It started to work after I relaunched the game once again.

earlier comments about performance, I had done some more testing. me being an idiot not realizing I had not taken out an old version of scripthookV with JulionNIB jc2 mods scripthookdotnet.dll which was conflicting and bogging out my games perf. Reshade had nothing to do with it. My Bad fellas.

anywho thanks for the info on the logarithmic detection. Crazy, you guys did a stellar job. first implementation I gotta remember that, I shouldn't be complaining. The framework was a brilliant Idea. Choosing options isn't hard, when you know what the game needs. not a concern for me, but the statistics logger seems real smart to check what you guys don't need. I personally use DOF mainly, but when called for, I could be using multiple shaders from each of your packs(Sweetfx/MER/GemFX) ambientlighting bloom lensdirt, DOF, and the rest to boost my colours and sharpen the image, maybe some grain. Motionblur is great for Dirt3.

The DOF did take me a while to get used to, but I did manage. I want to get something like this for all weapons naturally, can only get pistols to work, and a couple other weapons with scopes or big iron sights to function within the parameters given.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by SiriusHours. Reason: fixed Magic DOF.

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago #537 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: As I said before, I don't support keys officially until we can make key combinations.

By the way ..... Key combinations with Ctrl/Shift/Alt are supported since a few versions ago now =P

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #538 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

crosire wrote:

Marty McFly wrote: As I said before, I don't support keys officially until we can make key combinations.

By the way ..... Key combinations with Ctrl/Shift/Alt are supported since a few versions ago now =P

Good that I know that :D

• Lightcatcher
More
8 years 10 months ago #539 by Lightcatcher Replied by Lightcatcher on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote:

crosire wrote:

Good that I know that :D

This reminds me of my question a few months ago. ^^

Mhhmm... do I smell the sweet scent of progress for this topic? ;)

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #540 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Yes and no. I do have a bunch of things that I'd like to implement as separate shaders so porting them is 10 mins work but I see nothing substantial that is missing in MasterEffect. 3D LUT is planned, I have DLAA ported, some kind of LED shader, SSAA, NFAA (both shitty AA methods, way inferior to FXAA).

Oh, to finally answer why I keep insisting that lowering bit depth of textures isn't a "fix" but more of a "downgrade":

That's how AO looks when using RGBA32F. No artifacts.

That's how AO looks when using RGBA16F. Little Z fighting because of areas with "same" depth.

That's how AO looks like with RGBA8. Extreme Z fighting because bit depth is by far not sufficient.

EDIT: cleaned up first post. It was shaming how it looked before :woohoo:

EDIT2: picture of new improved chromatic abberation for my DOF:

[img
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, SiriusHours, BillyAlt, BrandonHortman, Elimina

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.