MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #581 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Elimina wrote: Using ReShade, is it possible to implement effects used in ENB, because I think I have an idea. If so, would it be possible to implement the "X" looking lens flare like in K ENB Pure Lights:
www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58338/ ?

Here are some Screenshots that I found about what Im talking about:
flic.kr/p/pBVTkR
flic.kr/p/pBVUwt

of course it is possible. Imho these flares look fugly though and have no physical counterpart like real vertical/horizontal single flares do but surely possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elimina
More
8 years 10 months ago #582 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: of course it is possible. Imho these flares look fugly though and have no physical counterpart like real vertical/horizontal single flares do but surely possible.

The lens flares actually do have counterparts to them (mainly vertical lens flares) but all of those screenshots seemed to have women with 1 pixel clothing... Which im pretty sure isnt allowed on this forum xD

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 10 months ago #583 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: of course it is possible. Imho these flares look fugly though and have no physical counterpart like real vertical/horizontal single flares do but surely possible.

Ha, that is totally not true. my glasses constantly generate that kind of effect, especially during night when looking at car lights.
such effect is actually caused by "diffraction" of light waves, which often noticeable when light passing through tiny slits like "diffraction grating" or tiny holes.

for naked eyes, you can try looking at strong light (ie. LEDs.etc) with eyes shut into a slit.

also, the so called "bloom" is due to the same physical effect, but without proper defined aperture shape + dirt on lens + large bright area, the spikes just mixed together and create a foggy looks.
and again, sun sprite/dispersion (not ghosting) is also the same, which is much common in games because it is easier for devs to implement.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #584 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
You say it, spikes with semi random direction but not ordered except if there are multiple layers of flare producing material rotated on top of each other...however, it looks kind of overkill to me, 2 cross flares ok but more?

• Elimina
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #585 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I agree with Marty, multiple layers of this lens flares seems to be a bit of an overkill, especially if you are veiwing several large bright lightsources at once in a single frame.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Elimina.

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #586 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: spikes with semi random direction but not ordered except if there are multiple layers of flare producing material rotated on top of each other

no, the most common way to create such effect in DSLR is by manipulating apertures.

like this
www.slrlounge.com/school/diffraction-ape...d-starburst-effects/

and

and a photo from my friend on Canon 6D
[img

20150621-_MG_2769 by Neo Lu , on Flickr

also as you said, there is "star filters" available for cameras.

@Elimina
the pure light lens flare is kindsa old... and it was like the first shader I ever wrote...
anyway, I've been trying to update that ever since I figure out how it should be.
I've got some test shot in my flickr .
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by kingeric1992.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #587 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Well it shouldn't be that difficult to recreate that. Let me see if I can exploit my bokeh DOF shader for that in any way.

EDIT: actually, I could. Code is extremely simple. Maybe I add some random direction stuff to it so spikes move a bit.

[img
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex_outer, BillyAlt, Elimina

• BillyAlt
More
8 years 10 months ago #588 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Looks really good, Marty. Is it fast? Reminds me of Bioshock's lens flare.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #589 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

BillyAlt wrote: Looks really good, Marty. Is it fast? Reminds me of Bioshock's lens flare.

Runs fairly fast. In the video I use 11 blades with 40 taps each so overall tap count of 440 taps. Should lag quite a bit but I heavily optimized code.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyAlt, Elimina

• Elimina
More
8 years 10 months ago #590 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Im really hyped for this lensflare! There are a few games I have in mind that will look excellent with this. :lol:

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #591 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
In this form it might look good on comic style games or games that have this fancy style already, such as Bioshock (only in Rapture) or Lollipop Chainsaw.

• Seebel
More
8 years 9 months ago #592 by Seebel Replied by Seebel on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Firstly, thanks for sharing this great software ! Amazing work !

Regarding Depth of Field, I got it working in Battlefield 4 fairly well.

Im having two main problems:
1. It only works when Vsync is disabled. Is it possible to get it working with Vsync enabled ?
2. Sometimes DoF flashes on and off depending on the angle. If I look to the sky it doesn't flash on and off. Ive tried playing with the focus depth and other settings but the problem still occurs.

These problems seems specific to BF4 , as I can get it working great in other games like Crysis 3 and Witcher 3. Still need to find right settings for FarCry 4.

Cheers !

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #593 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Seebel wrote: 1. It only works when Vsync is disabled. Is it possible to get it working with Vsync enabled ?
2. Sometimes DoF flashes on and off depending on the angle. If I look to the sky it doesn't flash on and off. Ive tried playing with the focus depth and other settings but the problem still occurs.

Those are limitations of how ReShade's depthbuffer detection works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seebel

• Elimina
More
8 years 9 months ago #594 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
When do you think the new lens flare will be released? I'm not trying to rush you, I'm just curious :)

• MaxG3D
More
8 years 9 months ago #595 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Would it be possible to port deband shader to MasterEffect? I really dislike the mediator/framework version.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #596 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

MaxG3D wrote: Would it be possible to port deband shader to MasterEffect? I really dislike the mediator/framework version.

If I port it to MasterEffect it will work same as it does on Framework.

• MaxG3D
More
8 years 9 months ago #597 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I meant that I hate framework version of ReShade, not the shader. I don't use it, I highly prefer the MasterEffect.

• SunBroDave
More
8 years 9 months ago #598 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty, any updates on your POM shader?

• MonarchX
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #599 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
The new Color Look Up Table (same as 3DLUT in the field of display calibration) is an amazing feature! I've been dreaming about something like that and I cannot believe it happened! Being able to apply complete graysale and colorspace correction to a game without needing to use Borderless Window mode and dealing with ICC/1DLUT profile lockers such as CPKeeper is a huge step forward. Most monitors do not allow for adjustment of colorspace/color gamut, limiting calibration only to 1DLUT/grayscale, but not any more! 3DLUT's truly allow you to squeeze the best possible color/image accuracy your monitor can display, so you get to see games as graphics developers intended for you to see them.

dispcalGUI already supports creation of 3DLUT's for ReShade! I made one today, but I ran into problems...
Here are the games that work fine with Color Look Up Tables (3DLUT's):
- Diablo 3 (D3D9)
- Fahrenheit - Remastered (D3D9)
- Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (D3D9)
- Pillars of Eternity (OpenGL32)
- Grim Fandango - Remastered (OpenGL32)
- Shadowrun (OpenGL32)

Here are the games that do not work with Color Look Up Tables (3DLUT's):
- Witcher 3 (D3D11)
- Dirt 3 (D3D11)
- Wasteland 2 (OpenGL32)
- Deus Ex - Human Revolution Director's Cut (D3D11)
- Battlefield 4 (D3D11)

Looks like D3D11 and OpenGL32 are not working with this new feature. Is this a ReShade problem or MasterEffect problem? Could this be a Windows 10 problem?
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by MonarchX.

• MonarchX
More
8 years 9 months ago #600 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I noticed MasterEffect is missing FXAA, but includes SMAA. Why is that? Is there a way to add FXAA support to MasterEffect?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.