MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• promuckaj
More
8 years 6 months ago #641 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: I did not change chapman lens code at all, only the post blur and the texture overlay (which is suggestion from chapman blog anyways). So config values have the same effect,, only thing that may alter the look os the lens mask and getting rid of that is easy.

Dear Marty,
Can you be more precise, what exactly I need to do and try to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #642 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Replace mcsprite.png with plain white texture.

• promuckaj
More
8 years 6 months ago #643 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Replace mcsprite.png with plain white texture.

Thanx! This help. ;)
Now I will play with this texture-modify it and if I find some good way to still have starburst texture I will post the new one here.

• promuckaj
More
8 years 6 months ago #644 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty,

I change texture and now it is really good. :) I would like to play more with this, so I have another question for you.
Is there possibility to make different mcsprite texture, one for CHAPMAN_LENS, and one for LENZFLARE, that would be rally nice? Is it a big job or it is easy?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #645 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I explained this at some other point already: I have 1 pass that generates all the flares, 2 passes that blur those and 1 pass thst merges them with the image. The mask must be applied aftet the blur or it would get blurred along with the flares. What you want means I generate each type of lensflare separately, blur them separately and then apply their respective masks. Which is an insane performance decrease if you use different lensflares together. With the current system, the only additive overhead you get when enabling a second lensflare shader is in the generation pass. What you want would mean 1 new generation pass and 2 new blur passes.

• promuckaj
More
8 years 6 months ago #646 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
OK I understand the problem with performance. Thank you for your quick reply Marty.

I play around with CHAPMAN LENS and figure out that I can get much better results of LENSDIRT if I use dirt texture as mcsprite and rise down chapman lens to a single halos to be generated. It looks wonderful, much better then LENSDIRT effect itself. That is the reason why I ask you this, because I still would like to use starburst texture for LENSFLARE, disable LENSDIRT and using it with CHAPMAN LENS effect. For me personally this give me much natural look then LENSDIRT itself.

Thanx.

• promuckaj
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #647 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
...and here is new mcsprite. What I did, just modify a little bit and invert color, so now there is more white color instead of black, so lensflare effects now is more visible and defined, but still with starburst texture. ;)

www.mediafire.com/download/vrkmie4bdala1w7/mcsprite.png
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by promuckaj.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elimina

• Gamerboy
More
8 years 6 months ago #648 by Gamerboy Replied by Gamerboy on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi Mr. Marty,
I am a big fan of your work and I appreciate your efforts and hardworking.
I have a question regarding DOF and really need your help. I am getting the whole screen blur but not focusing on the character which I don't need blur and tried several hours for achieving but with no luck. I need blur only background not the whole screen or character. Please enlighten me the solution I am trying on Tomb Raider 2013 game.
Regards,

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #649 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
ReShade games list says that ReShade has no depth access on Tomb Raider 2013 so MasterEffect can't do anything depth based . Nothing I can do about that.

• promuckaj
More
8 years 6 months ago #650 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Just want to share, finally I am satisfied with the mcsprite texture, I made a good one. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Elimina

• Elimina
More
8 years 6 months ago #651 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

promuckaj wrote: Just want to share, finally I am satisfied with the mcsprite texture, I made a good one. :)

I agree, it look much better than the original one imo

• promuckaj
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #652 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I have a little more job to do on this texture and later I will post it here, so anyone who want can try it. ;)

EDIT:
Here is links to mcsprite, and new modified mcdirt texture.
www.mediafire.com/view/vrkmie4bdala1w7/mcsprite.png
www.mediafire.com/view/wn8stj8i6274pws/mcdirt.png

Now, what will be very good effect is if Marty can made mcsprite texture to rotate in oposite side to the lensflare effect, then it will be perfect. ;) Of course, in this case texture need to be transparent, I can made it, and rotation can be done with possibility to control it(enable/disable via settings) so users can choose what want.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by promuckaj.

• ivanosky
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #653 by ivanosky Replied by ivanosky on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi everyone, I'm trying to add AO to some games that do not have AO or use a very crappy implementation of SSAO.
So far the best looking one to me is HBAO, but it needs a lot of graphics power.
I've also tried Alchemy SAO but the radius is too small, I've seen in the paper released by the people who created Alchemy SAO that they use a 1.5m radius, the same used in Assassins Creed 4 .
In MasterEffect, what number would be equivalent to a 1.5m radius?
Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ivanosky.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #654 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
That highly depends on the scene. Original Alchemy SAO implementation had a parameter called projScale which determined how large things are in screenspace. Essentially, it just scaled the radius so it was just a hypothetical thing that did nothing useful at all. Just fire up the debug mode and raise the radius until it looks similar to what you expect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivanosky

• ivanosky
More
8 years 6 months ago #655 by ivanosky Replied by ivanosky on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
After I raise the radius, which setting do you recommend should I raise to compensate, the intensity or the clamp?
Thanks in advance

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #656 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
The clamp. Unfortunately SAO works really odd so you need to set the clamp to crazy values when you raise the radius high.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivanosky

• ivanosky
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #657 by ivanosky Replied by ivanosky on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty, I tried raising the radius but it looked very grainy, so I raised the blur passes until it looked good.
But it still didn't looked as good as HBAO, and now it required a lot more processing power.
So now I'm using HBAO with lower samples (4).
The ideal thing would be if you could add HBAO+ to MasterEffect but since it is a proprietary technology I'm not sure it is possible.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by ivanosky.

• ivanosky
More
8 years 6 months ago #658 by ivanosky Replied by ivanosky on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Although have you tried contacting NVIDIA and AMD to see if they allow you to integrate HBAO+ and HDAO to MasterEffect.
Maybe they'll see Reshade as a valuable tool for gamers to improve their games and allow you to do it.
I seriously doubt they will, but you have nothing to lose.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #659 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Heh I highly doubt that some small guy who likes to mess with shaders like me is granted access to source code of HBAO+. Not even AMD gets it to optimize their drivers for it hence the fps drop on AMD cards with this effect. The DLL for HBAO+ can be accessed by almost anyone though, I have it right here but integrating it into ReShade is not possible without access to source.
I have my own adaptation of HDAO though, based on the only paper I found of that matter.
However my own AO (not HDAO, this is completely my own) from scratch combines all features one would expect from AO. It has the characteristics of HBAO+, Alchemy SAO and more while maintaining good fps. I'm still tweaking and experimenting though as I want it to have as much fps as possible while being as visually convincing as possible. I try to make it close to Boris Vorontsov's SSAO which is by far the best one ever, just fire up Skyrim and try the ENB version with the debug option and you will see. Far better than any shiny HBAO+ or whatever. People tend to rate HBAO+ too high though just because it sounds cool.
This is a very early development picture of my AO:

Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Marty McFly.

• ivanosky
More
8 years 6 months ago #660 by ivanosky Replied by ivanosky on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Ok, looking forward to your AO technique.
I have played Skyrim with ENB and the AO is top notch.
I also like HBAO+ a lot, it looks really good on all the games I have seen it implemented or forced through NVCP, especially in the Witcher 3. A lot better than other techniques on other games.
Another great looking AO is the one implemented in GTA 5, don't know which one that is, though.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.