MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• RFiD
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #481 by RFiD Replied by RFiD on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi Crosire,

i'm not 100% sure, i will test it within the next 1h. It was in my case that the game crashed at startup.
when I was using the reshade64.dll file named to d3d11 everything worked perfect.

It would be a big gift for me and the gamers if you allow me to further include the file in my presetpackage, to keep things simple as possible.
Also the Setup installs the SweetFX folder + sweet.fx file which arent needed for my preset.

I will keep the file updated and linked to reshades mainpage from beginning.

Greetz RFiD

Edit: tested the setup file - was working fine with d3d9.dll
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by RFiD. Reason: P.S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• promuckaj
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #482 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hello, I am not sure if this is OK, but I would like to post here my custome mcdirt.png texture what I am using in some games at the moment. I create it from multiple textures, custom brightness, color and so...

s1.postimg.org/xiz4c0tm5/mcdirt.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elimina

• Ryuken
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #483 by Ryuken Replied by Ryuken on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

huss93 wrote: hi marty :) possible changed algorthyme for gta v for dof ?

sorry for english ..........french

yes

Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Ryuken.

• Elimina
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #484 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

promuckaj wrote: Hello, I am not sure if this is OK, but I would like to post here my custome mcdirt.png texture what I am using in some games at the moment. I create it from multiple textures, custom brightness, color and so...

s1.postimg.org/xiz4c0tm5/mcdirt.png

Thanks for posting this! It looks excellent. I am going to try,it out when I get home.

On a side note, here is a mod I found that has tons of Lens Effects available for download

www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45054/ ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #485 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Ryuken: No need to reply to huss93, he's banned. I don't want to create a custom build for him.

• MonarchX
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #486 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
What is Color Look Up Table? I know what a normal software LUT is because I am into calibration. Software LUT is "vcgt" part of an ICC profile. However, ICC profiles cannot be fully applied to games. Only "vcgt" part can, which is grayscale only, without colorspace (color gamut) information. It would be amazing if someone could come up with a shader or a way to apply both - grayscale and colorspace from an ICC profile! AFAIK its not possible, not with current Windows Color Management system. You can only create 3D LUT's for several devices and madVR for film playback, but here is no way to do the same or to apply simple ICC color gamut information to games...

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #487 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

MonarchX wrote: What is Color Look Up Table? I know what a normal software LUT is because I am into calibration. Software LUT is "vcgt" part of an ICC profile. However, ICC profiles cannot be fully applied to games. Only "vcgt" part can, which is grayscale only, without colorspace (color gamut) information. It would be amazing if someone could come up with a shader or a way to apply both - grayscale and colorspace from an ICC profile! AFAIK its not possible, not with current Windows Color Management system. You can only create 3D LUT's for several devices and madVR for film playback, but here is no way to do the same or to apply simple ICC color gamut information to games...

There is a way, per 3d texture. Currently, MasterEffect only uses a 1-dimensional LUT which just uses the R G and B components as X coordinate and sample the R G and B component of the texture. If you use a normalized gradient from left to right, you get the original image. If you tint it or curve it in any way, the same effect happens on the image. Although this LUT cannot control the saturation of the colors.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Marty McFly.

• Ryuken
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #488 by Ryuken Replied by Ryuken on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
sorry i dont know he's banned ;)

• MonarchX
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #489 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote:

MonarchX wrote: What is Color Look Up Table? I know what a normal software LUT is because I am into calibration. Software LUT is "vcgt" part of an ICC profile. However, ICC profiles cannot be fully applied to games. Only "vcgt" part can, which is grayscale only, without colorspace (color gamut) information. It would be amazing if someone could come up with a shader or a way to apply both - grayscale and colorspace from an ICC profile! AFAIK its not possible, not with current Windows Color Management system. You can only create 3D LUT's for several devices and madVR for film playback, but here is no way to do the same or to apply simple ICC color gamut information to games...

There is a way, per 3d texture. Currently, MasterEffect only uses a 1-dimensional LUT which just uses the R G and B components as X coordinate and sample the R G and B component of the texture. If you use a normalized gradient from left to right, you get the original image. If you tint it or curve it in any way, the same effect happens on the image. Although this LUT cannot control the saturation of the colors.

So what is the point of such a LUT? Its the same exact type of LUT an ICC profile applies to games. All it carries it grayscale information from 0 to 255 without inclusion of color saturation and hues, which is what I was hoping a COLOR LUT would do.

Overall, it would be an amazing to have a "Super LUT" shader that could transfer ICC color saturation and hue information in addition to grayscale data into games... A true 3DLUT would be even better, but simple ICC would be of great help still!

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #490 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I never claimed it to be a color LUT. The point of it is having a simple and fast way to apply complex tonemapping. Imagine a tonemapping shader that runs with like 4 fps. Applying it on a normalized gradient and using this as LUT, you have the same image modification for no fps loss.

• fuze
More
9 years 1 week ago #491 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I am curious if something like this could be made? (Tail light trail)

• BillyAlt
More
9 years 1 week ago #492 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

fuze wrote: I am curious if something like this could be made? (Tail light trail)

That effect isn't done in post, I don't see ReShade being able to pull it off... Maybe at best you can emulate a long exposure for bright colors but even if you could do that in HDR space it wouldn't work as expected.

• Ganossa
More
9 years 1 week ago #493 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

fuze wrote: I am curious if something like this could be made? (Tail light trail)

I agree that something like this would cause a lot of artifacts during gameplay, The only way you could use it, is for artistic shots like this...

...but it wouldn't be playable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmp909

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago #494 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Agree. In motion you would have overlays from like a hundred frames before. Better capture a small video and let video software do that. We have to add a pass for every frame we merge and for a picture like this, we need like a thousand frames which would be way too much for a graphics card, considering that every frame would need it's own texture in VRAM.

• jmp909
More
9 years 1 week ago #495 by jmp909 Replied by jmp909 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
couldn't you cumulatively "blit" to a single texture using some kind of additive blend with a threshold? more for the artistic shots though, than playable trails.

• MonarchX
More
9 years 1 week ago #496 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Where exactly do I download this..?

• SiriusHours
More
9 years 1 week ago #497 by SiriusHours Replied by SiriusHours on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
first page, just scroll down a bit on the first post by Marty.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #498 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

jmp909 wrote: couldn't you cumulatively "blit" to a single texture using some kind of additive blend with a threshold? more for the artistic shots though, than playable trails.

No. Saving the info from previous frames works by a chain of passes that copy each image into a different texture. Once a new frame appears, all older frames wander a slot back in the hierachy. The pass that combines them uses all these textures together. There is a possibility to merge previous frames but the amount of older frames is limited to the pass number - see the UI mask helper of the newest Framework, it works similiar but the amount of frames used for the helper is limited.
Even if there was a way - MasterEffect's purpose is to port new gen effects to old gen games, not to fuck up the image in any way. Things like ASCII shader or such would never find their way into this suite.
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmp909

• kingeric1992
More
9 years 1 week ago #499 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Isn't LuciferHawk been doing that for UI mask? adding current frame to buffer again and again?
Also by setting weight, you can control how many frames you want to blend.

But I'm agree with Marty, no need to do that in real time anyway, video editing can suit that need pretty well, not to mention there isn't many ppl interest in such effect.

• Elimina
More
9 years 1 week ago #500 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: No. Saving the info from previous frames works by a chain of passes that copy each image into a different texture.

I'm guessing this is how ReShade
would handle a motion blur effect too. I saw a post a while back about motion blur but it was not responded to much. So, motion blur probably would not be able to be used as a in game effect due to performance. I wasn't certain that the effect would work for reshade in the first place, but I was curious what reshade could handle in terms of effects that are optimized

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.