MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #501 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Tbh I never understood the purpose of all these different motion blur approaches. Crysis uses extremely complex calculations to find the current velocity of an object onscreen and blurs it. In GTA IV, if you drive a car fast and another car drives as fast as you, it's still blurred. In ArmA 3, it uses the mouse vector and blurs the screen in that direction (buggy offsets - the scope gets blurred way forth, a position it hasn't yet reached)
There are millions of different algorithms but blending older frames is the most real approach. Anything that moves fast on the screen gets blurred automatically without any problems.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #502 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
As I said previously, it is possible and could be done -as kongeric already noticed- by blending/combining previous frames (for which you only need one or two textures depending on the algo). The problems will arise -like for any other heavy but bright dependent algo- when you have to identify the lights you want to blend into the frames. This is never 100% (or even 80%) accurate and Marty knows what I am talking about. If you the want to move around the entire image you will get constantly artifacts (stuff blended that you did not intended to blend) also considering the difference of day / night scenes. So all you could have is an effect like in the previous picture I posted with a still camera that captures the light for a longer amount of time cause otherwise you would run into the same problems a photographer would have :)

• BillyAlt
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #503 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by BillyAlt.

• borrisgame
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #504 by borrisgame Replied by borrisgame on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
hi marty is what it is possible to introduce one like it in mastereffect ?

www.facebook.com/MartyMcModding/photos/p...6254/?type=1&theater

• RFiD
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #505 by RFiD Replied by RFiD on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi Marty, Hi Everyone else :)

is there a way to improve ingame FPS perfomance in Mastereffect?
At the moment there is approx. 10 -15 FPS loss.

Already changed the Mip to 1 like posted somewhere in this forum, and it got little better.
Is there another workaround? I use Bloom, SMAA, Levels, Sharpening, LiftGammaGain, Tonemap, Vibrance & Curves

Thx! :lol:

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #506 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Well enabling effects costs performance, especially SMAA.

Changing the MipLevels might break a few things, that is just a pseudo-workaround.

• brussell
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 6 months ago #507 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

RFiD wrote: Hi Marty, Hi Everyone else :)

is there a way to improve ingame FPS perfomance in Mastereffect?
At the moment there is approx. 10 -15 FPS loss.

Already changed the Mip to 1 like posted somewhere in this forum, and it got little better.
Is there another workaround? I use Bloom, SMAA, Levels, Sharpening, LiftGammaGain, Tonemap, Vibrance & Curves

Thx! :lol:

I've posted a ME+SMAA edit some time ago that includes the "tweaks" I've mentioned here . It uses an older ME release, but should (correct me if I'm wrong) be up-to-date for the effects you've stated. However, don't expect a performance gain greater than 5-10%.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #508 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Well....you removed the HDR rendering for which I spent a lot of brain power to sort the effects properly. Newest ME versions have HDR mode, 0 results in the same result, plus the senseless passes to rectify the pingpong order are also not present anymore.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Marty McFly.

• brussell
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #509 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Well....you removed the HDR rendering for which I spent a lot of brain power to sort the effects properly. Newest ME versions have HDR mode, 0 results in the same result,...

I know, HDRMODE sets the texture format (8,16bit etc). But you are still using the hdr1,2 rendering, which, when abandoned, gave me a few fps with no (or barely) visible changes with your old release. Though I must admit that I've not tested every combination of effects then. I also realize that this method leads to some problems with your current release regarding effect order etc, hence my reference to the older custom ME .

Marty McFly wrote: ...plus the senseless passes to rectify the pingpong order are also not present anymore.

Yeah, you're right. At first glance I thought that the "ME Init"-passes serve the same purpose, but after looking at the code again I have to agree.

• RFiD
More
9 years 1 week ago #510 by RFiD Replied by RFiD on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Thanks for your reply guys!

I know that "pseudo workaround" is destroying the use of DOF etc.

@brussel the tweaks you mentioned were already (i think) fixed in the newer ME version,
only thing I did was changing the Mip.

Ok I guess there is nothing else to do. Thanks alot for your answers!

• brussell
More
9 years 1 week ago - 8 years 6 months ago #511 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

RFiD wrote: Thanks for your reply guys!
@brussel the tweaks you mentioned were already (i think) fixed in the newer ME version,
only thing I did was changing the Mip.

No, not all of them. But thats intended and Marty has a reason for this.
However I still apply these tweaks for my own presets (which use the current ME release). One has to change the order of some code, but it works well with the effects I am using. I've also merged the passes lighting, colors, postfx into one. That in total gives you a few fps.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• LightBulb
More
9 years 1 week ago #512 by LightBulb Replied by LightBulb on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hello there first post. I am wondering if subsurface scattering can be added to Mastereffect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• Elimina
More
9 years 1 week ago #513 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

LightBulb wrote: Hello there first post. I am wondering if subsurface scattering can be added to Mastereffect.

Im pretty sure Mastereffect would not know which objects to use this effect on since mastereffect uses coding to work generically on games
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• jas01
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #514 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Elimina wrote:

LightBulb wrote: Hello there first post. I am wondering if subsurface scattering can be added to Mastereffect.

Im pretty sure Mastereffect would not know which objects to use this effect on since mastereffect uses coding to work generically on games

Yes. I think that subsurface scattering requires a special texture to work correctly. Something like this .
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by jas01.

• Insomnia
More
9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #515 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hey!

Thanks for continuing the MasterEffect. :)
I have a couple of requests.

Is it possible to:
add some sort of effect intensity knob for Filmic Curve?
add a chromatic abberation shader without a fisheye effect?
add the HDR shader from SweetFX?
...and finally, add Ioxa's Gaussian blur/bloom shader?

Thank you a ton Marty! :)
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Insomnia.

• Ganossa
More
9 years 1 week ago #516 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Insomnia wrote: Hey!

Is it possible to:

If I may,

Other than the "effect intensity knob" (which I am not sure what it is), you have all that already combined in the ReShade Framework :)

• Elimina
More
9 years 1 week ago #517 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Is it possible to:

For chromatic aberration, you can turn down the distortion to zero and it will look normal.

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 1 week ago #518 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Is it possible to:

Lucifer already said it, besides an "amount" value for Filmic Curve, everything you want is in the framework. Try it, it's fantastic.

• Insomnia
More
9 years 1 week ago #519 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Elimina wrote:
For chromatic aberration, you can turn down the distortion to zero and it will look normal.

It looks wierd on 3 monitors even with the distortion set to zero...

• Insomnia
More
9 years 1 week ago #520 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

LuciferHawk wrote:
If I may,

Other than the "effect intensity knob" (which I am not sure what it is), you have all that already combined in the ReShade Framework :)

A "knob" is just a setting. I heard it once and it stuck. :P

Umm... I can use SweetFX stuff while using MasterEffect??

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.