MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

More
5 years 8 months ago #221 by fuze
Replied by fuze on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote:

occiq wrote: Could you please send a different host link for latest version? I live in turkey and mediafire web site is blocked for some reason here.

How'd you get ReShade in the first place when it's also hosted only on mediafire?

Someone mirrored it and posted it in the Public Release topic, @occiq heres the link on zippyshare: www49.zippyshare.com/v/XQRkDyaY/file.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #222 by piterrrxd
Replied by piterrrxd on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@Marty McFly it is possible that grain was added after the chromatic aberration in proces? Now blurs radially with ca.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #223 by kgonepostl
Replied by kgonepostl on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
I tried my best but could not find a preset section for mastereffects Reborn on thelazy.net. Does a preset section exist anywhere? I don't know how to make my own preset, I just download pre-made ones. Please help if you know if presets exist for Mastereffects reborn!
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by kgonepostl.

More
5 years 8 months ago #224 by occiq
Replied by occiq on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I think the block was up after I downloaded the previous version. That is odd really, but if I click on mediafire links it comes up saying "this link is blocked by blah blah authority accoding to blah blah..." and it does that which ever computer I try to connect. Thank you for the new link! Downloaded already.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #225 by Predalienator
Replied by Predalienator on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Anyone tried porting these shaders to MasterEffect?
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Predalienator.

More
5 years 8 months ago #226 by Marty McFly
Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Predalienator wrote: Anyone tried porting these shaders to MasterEffect?

"anyone" - my code is way too messy, no one will voluntarily look into it and add effects. But noted, I can add it with new rewritten ME.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Predalienator

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #227 by brussell
Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Beeing the excepton to your last statement I've added SMAA to ME. Nothing special, just the code from Sweetfx (added samplers, textures, wrappers etc. and inclusion of SMAA.hlsl) with some redundancy. Currently it works only with the "tweaks" I've posted in the other thread, because of the max sampler issue (edit: or maybe I've just tested it with old Reshade). Can I post it here?
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by brussell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SAM609, jas01

More
5 years 8 months ago #228 by Marty McFly
Sure thing, just leave a note that it's unofficial since I have no time looking into the code and check for possible complications with other effects (ME's biggest problem). But this also eases it for me to implement SMAA in later releases since I didn't have time to find out which samplers, variables and what not SMAA is depending on, many thanks for that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, selfboil

More
5 years 8 months ago #229 by selfboil
Replied by selfboil on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty, may i ask you to make grain effect more blurry? For now it's just noisy pixels and it not looks like analog signal loss.

More
5 years 8 months ago #230 by promuckaj
Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty, when we can expect update, new version, with all new stuff, like blur on lens flare effects ??

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #231 by occiq
Replied by occiq on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
to brusell,
I am waiting for the link to your SMAA added file, still :) That was my only wish from ME, and I have been trying to do that myself with little success. Could you please use a host such as zippyfiles. Mediafires is not working in my country. not even with proxy.
Cheers!

Edit: I just saw your thread and the link in it. Is this for old Reshade v0.14 or for v0.15?
Thank you so much. I will let you know if it works.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by occiq.

More
5 years 8 months ago #232 by Elimina
Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

promuckaj wrote: Marty, when we can expect update, new version, with all new stuff, like blur on lens flare effects ??

I can't wait for the blurred lens flares. I'll actually use them then because they look too hard right now :D

More
5 years 8 months ago #233 by jmp909
Replied by jmp909 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi,

i raised some issues over the DOF's breaking in ME with latest Reshade here if anyone's getting errors.
reshade.me/forum/shader-troubleshooting/...-with-latest-reshade

(I fixed one of them, but not sure about the others)

I'd appreciate it if anyone could take a look (and check my fix for PETKAGTADOF is ok)

thanks
j

More
5 years 8 months ago #234 by Marty McFly
I'm working hard on the rewritten MasterEffect so posting errors the current version produces is quite ineffective, I get these errors myself when porting effects. But if you happen to find errors/warnings that happen only on certain API's, e.g. it works fine on DX9 but DX10/11 give errors, please notify me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmp909

More
5 years 8 months ago #235 by templargfx
Replied by templargfx on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Does SSAO in the current version work? I am able to use the Depth Buffer (debug shows it working and DOF works) but SSAO does not. when Debug mode is on for SSAO the screen is just a flat grey.

More
5 years 8 months ago #236 by Elimina
Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

templargfx wrote: Does SSAO in the current version work? I am able to use the Depth Buffer (debug shows it working and DOF works) but SSAO does not. when Debug mode is on for SSAO the screen is just a flat grey.

I think it's just Sensitive with certain games. For example, on borderlands 2, I turned on all 3 ambient occlusion options as a test (in-games, SSAO, Raymarch) and they all worked fine, except for SSAO. a few days later I tested just SSAO and same result. I know for a fact that it works because I have tested it in some of the old assassins creed games

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #237 by templargfx
Replied by templargfx on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Elimina wrote:

templargfx wrote: Does SSAO in the current version work? I am able to use the Depth Buffer (debug shows it working and DOF works) but SSAO does not. when Debug mode is on for SSAO the screen is just a flat grey.

I think it's just Sensitive with certain games. For example, on borderlands 2, I turned on all 3 ambient occlusion options as a test (in-games, SSAO, Raymarch) and they all worked fine, except for SSAO. a few days later I tested just SSAO and same result. I know for a fact that it works because I have tested it in some of the old assassins creed games

Well that is very interesting. I will play around with different values some more and see if I can get anything to happen.

I ended up trying it in a few games without luck. The Raymarching works however which is a nice alternative!

To Marty

I am sure this has been suggested before (its a long thread!) but an option to supply an image mask which defines the area of the screen to apply effects too would be great (like the side by side option, just running from an image. For example a mask to stop effects being applied to an onscreen compass or health UI.

I absolutely love your Master Effects! Brilliant work. I figured out my issue with using Reshade on Call of Duty 2, and it looks incredible in comparison to ENB.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by templargfx.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmp909

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #238 by Marty McFly
Dude, this idea is awesome! I was just thinking about how we could achieve UI masking and thought about texcoord stuff (in my old ENB I drawed squares onscreen which were masked) but you're right, a texture is the easiest way! Is noted and will definitely be in next release, thanks for this suggestion!

PS: About the SSAO issue, you're the second user reporting this, and to be honest, this is the first time I have literally no idea what could cause it... except I reworked SSAO for next release and made it purely depending on noise texture... I am not sure but I think before it generated its noise based on timer and if Reshade's timer doesn't work, maybe it breaks SSAO then.

Since the 3 biggest shader groups are done (AO, DOF, lighting(bloom n flares)) I might release a small beta build without noting it in the first post so you could check if the issue still persists.

EDIT: I worked hard today, this is the result, the effects marked with the -- are ported to new build already.
I will most likely not port LeiFX, maybe I'll rework it using a texture because current shader is messy, slow and ineffective. Same goes for Tilt Shift, users reported issue about wrong placement of tilt shift axis, I might rework the effect completely.

Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, Pondural, huss93, Omnipotus, FYKC, Elimina, jmp909

More
5 years 8 months ago #239 by Marty McFly
So SMAA is successfully integrated, also all older effects besides LeiFX and old Matso anamflare (the latter is just a bad working ripoff of the gaussian one) are re-added. Some restructuring and documenting the values (some changed, take note) and the next release will be available!

More
5 years 8 months ago #240 by huss93
Replied by huss93 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
marty work on notepad ++ with a black background to rest eyes dale =)