MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• 8 Oversoul
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #181 by 8 Oversoul Replied by 8 Oversoul on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Can anyone get Raymarch AO or SSAO working in Halo 2?
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by 8 Oversoul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BillyAlt
More
9 years 2 months ago #182 by BillyAlt Replied by BillyAlt on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Those both worked for me when I tested Halo 2.

• robgrab
More
9 years 2 months ago #183 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

8 Oversoul wrote: Can anyone get Raymarch AO or SSAO working in Halo 2?

Do you have AA disabled?

• 8 Oversoul
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #184 by 8 Oversoul Replied by 8 Oversoul on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Well, it works but only on the weapon and hands. When I turn the depth buffer on, everything is white and just the hands and gun are black. I've tried with AA on and off, robgrab.

EDIT: Actually it's working on the Beaver Creek map now. Maybe it has issues with certain maps, I'll do more testing.

EDIT 2: I guess the AO is kinda useless for Halo 2 since AO shadows show through your hands/weapon.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by 8 Oversoul.

• robgrab
More
9 years 2 months ago #185 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Have you tried changing the variables in Raymarch AO or SSAO? What I do is have the game running in windowed mode with the Reshade.fx file open, then edit a setting, hit save, let it recompile and note the change. I keep messing with the values until I get the exact look I'm trying to achieve. The default settings for Raymarch AO or SSAO are rarely ideal.

• brussell
More
9 years 2 months ago #186 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Remember the bugged screen edges when using chromatic aberration? I've found the solution and it's fairly simple:

Just change this line:
float LensZoom = 1.0/LensSize
to this:
float LensZoom = 1.0/LensSize-ChromaticAmount

Marty, please apply this to your next release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01, piterrrxd

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #187 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I ported this from some blog so code nay contain bugs and stuff. Noted, will be added.

• SkacikPL
More
9 years 1 month ago #188 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Gotta quote myself because my post got buried without answer.

SkacikPL wrote: Hello, first post here!

I decided to try out reshade with MasterEffect package on Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 though i've ran into weird issue.
Reshade itself works mostly fine (minus lack of depth buffer), but the ME shaders seem to darken the game significantly when it's in 3d part - even with all effects disabled.

This does not occur with SweetFX package, but again SweetFX is kind of limited in its capabilities compared to this package.
Anyone has a clue what may be causing this effect? I may add that it doesn't darken entire scene, some elements (like character faces) still show up with unaltered brightness.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 1 month ago #189 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Any ETA? I am really excited to try the new AO technique.

• CyberPunked
More
9 years 1 month ago #190 by CyberPunked Replied by CyberPunked on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Of the DOF options, which is the highest quality or bokeh? Thanks

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #191 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I think it's the Matso. But I find it hard to use when I want to set it to manual .

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #192 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Apologies for being so inactive but I'm super loaded right now, last 2 weeks I worked day and night on the yearbook of my graduation class and didn't have time or chance to code a single line. It's almost finished (actually I only need to give it to the printing company and wait if there's anything wrong with it) and I hope to continue work asap.
That darkening effect, I have no idea what could possibly cause this; it must be wrongly executed code or driver problem. I could imagine that ReShade hooks too early in the render pipeline into the game and if a shader is loaded, it prevents some postprocessing by the game but that effect should be visible when using SweetFX, too.
And DOF, it really depends on what you want. PetkaGtA DOF is very simple and only capable of circular DOF and it's a bit ineffective because singlepass. GP DOF is best when it comes to versatility and big blur amounts/high quality. Matso DOF looks pretty cool but its shape is smeary and configuring it is difficult. Magic DOF can only do hexagonal DOF but is extremely fast, even for insane blur radii and quite easy to configure.

• piterrrxd
More
9 years 1 month ago #193 by piterrrxd Replied by piterrrxd on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi. How can i edit DOF (i use Magic DOF) to get smooth transition on autofocus? Its too fast now. I would like to add some delay that the screen does not blink blur during fast movements.

• brussell
More
9 years 1 month ago - 8 years 5 months ago #194 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

piterrrxd wrote: Hi. How can i edit DOF (i use Magic DOF) to get smooth transition on autofocus? Its too fast now. I would like to add some delay that the screen does not blink blur during fast movements.

Answer is here: reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/161...-thread?start=96#963
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link
The following user(s) said Thank You: piterrrxd

• SkacikPL
More
9 years 1 month ago #195 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: That darkening effect, I have no idea what could possibly cause this; it must be wrongly executed code or driver problem. I could imagine that ReShade hooks too early in the render pipeline into the game and if a shader is loaded, it prevents some postprocessing by the game but that effect should be visible when using SweetFX, too.

Well, at least that's an answer.

• piterrrxd
More
9 years 1 month ago #196 by piterrrxd Replied by piterrrxd on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
It is possible to add SweetFX SMAA?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #197 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Possible: yes. Planned: no. MasterEffect is for heavily altering the original game's look, if you look for fine adjustments to improve image quality, SweetFX is a way better choice.

EDIT: Holy hell, GP DOF is a buggy shit, so many things that require optimization.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CryZENx

• piterrrxd
More
9 years 1 month ago #198 by piterrrxd Replied by piterrrxd on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
FXAA blurs menu, hud etc. SMAA its just way better solution.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #199 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

piterrrxd wrote: FXAA blurs menu, hud etc. SMAA its just way better solution.

That just means SMAA is worse than FXAA since Menu/HUD etc usually have high local contrast; if one AA shader ignores that, it's not as good. If you think that the one shader detects HUD and the other not, that's nonse, no shader can. SMAA detects edge directions, something small and curved like onscreen text is ignored but many objects are like text, small and curved, just think of trees in the distance which will flicker when moving, that's why FXAA produces a much more calm image.

• brussell
More
9 years 1 month ago #200 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote:

piterrrxd wrote: FXAA blurs menu, hud etc. SMAA its just way better solution.

That just means SMAA is worse than FXAA since Menu/HUD etc usually have high local contrast; if one AA shader ignores that, it's not as good. If you think that the one shader detects HUD and the other not, that's nonse, no shader can. SMAA detects edge directions, something small and curved like onscreen text is ignored but many objects are like text, small and curved, just think of trees in the distance which will flicker when moving, that's why FXAA produces a much more calm image.

Sorry, but you are wrong. I'm sure that if one would start a poll on this, the majority of people would choose SMAA over FXAA. It does a much better job removing annoying edges while preserving the sharpness of the image. No one wants that blurry mess FXAA (or TXAA :sick: ) produces. Also SMAA's algortihm seems much more sophisticated in its purpose to overcome the disadvantages of FXAA & co.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.