MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• calafate
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #81 by calafate Replied by calafate on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Thank you for your fast answer Marty.

So letme launch another question: there is any simple way to isolate some effects from your master package to improve performance?? I mean i would be happy if i only use 2 or 3 effects from your package without loosing 50% of my framerate in the process. Could be that possible?? Or making a LITE version wich include basic eyecandy effects (like bloom, one kind of dof and SSAO)??
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by calafate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #82 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Of course but result would be dozens of people requesting their own versions because all the lite versions available don't contain just that effect they desperately need.

• SiriusHours
More
9 years 2 months ago #83 by SiriusHours Replied by SiriusHours on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Have you checked this thread for some ideas. reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/57-...ect-unofficial-fixes

A couple of quick fixes to help frames.

• promuckaj
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #84 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: How about checking the tuning variables before suggesting improvements? For such purposes high mipmap level gives good blur at 0 fps cost which is already done (user should not change it, sweetspot is already taken, higher blur means artifacts and lowe blur means oversharpening) and the chromatic abberation vars are also available.

Dear Marty,
Don't get me wrong, I am not so familiar with shader codes, so all I change and try it out is what is easy to do, actually all under //CHAPMAN LENS and //LENZ FLARE.
For chromatic aberation I see that there is some option to change for this lens flare, actually it is for RGB, and OK, not so necessary, but when I thinking about blur I really mean that, and I mean blur that can be apply and with option to modify only on this Chapman's lens and Boris Vorontsov's lens flare shader, not on complete screen.

This is the reason why I asking for blur, picture talking more then me.

Sorry once again, you did it really fantastic job. Thank you once again for all your hard work.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by promuckaj.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #85 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
RGB offsets, that is how chromatic abberation works.
About blur, with current system not so easily achieveable. I might rewrite MasterEffect before I make more changes, because adding stuff is overcomplicated since it is developed for ENB system and was only ported 1:1 to work with ReShade but it is based on ENB system with no access to rendering into texture etc.
Guess I will use bloom blurring algorithm for everything flare based but with current system, not possible without overcomplicating code and loss in performance.

@SiriusHours: well...these fixes do not affect performance at all, they are for totally other things and useless with current builds anyway since Nvidia/OpenGL is fixed by Nvidia and other fixes are already implemented in newer ME versions.

IMPORTANT:
I would like everyone to complete a small survey what your most popular/most used effects of MasterEffect are.
Poll can be found here:

goo.gl/LUnyqk
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SiriusHours

• CryZENx
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #86 by CryZENx Replied by CryZENx on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
is there a way to fade the DOF? anyway it looks really great ... i just disabled the SSAO or SDAO in Crysis 3 and its still looking good with the
Raymarch AO :) awesome work
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by CryZENx.

• promuckaj
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #87 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I play with Crysis Warhead and found a way to tone down and make lens flares look much better, now it looks similar to the results I want to get, to be more blur, not so sharp like my previous test. I change also lens dirt texture.
So I figure out, at the moment, only way is to change chromatic aberration and modify intensity of flares, so it is less visible but looking really nice. :)

It is bad that only way to made it works on Crysis is with DX9 at the moment. :(
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by promuckaj.

• robgrab
More
9 years 2 months ago #88 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Magic DOF is very customizable. I've been able to get great results just by tweaking a few values.
HERE is an example of subtle DoF I did for Saint's Row IV.

Here are my settings:
#define fMagicFocusPoint float2(0.5,0.5)
#define fMagicNearBlurCurve 9.5
#define fMagicFarBlurCurve 0.4
#define fMagicBlurRadius 1.2
#define fMagicBlurQuality 5
#define fMagicColorCurve 8.0
#define fMagicManualFocusEnable 1
#define fMagicManualFocusPlane 0.5

Of course these settings are optimized for a third person view. You'll need to experiment with what works best for a first person view.

• brussell
More
9 years 2 months ago #89 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

robgrab wrote: Magic DOF is very customizable. I've been able to get great results just by tweaking a few values.
HERE is an example of subtle DoF I did for Saint's Row IV.

It's so subtle that I don't see it :)
Btw. you mentioned a less performance hitting, dof-shader-only preset in one of your posts (can't find it right know). Can you tell me where you found it?

• robgrab
More
9 years 2 months ago #90 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Did you mouseover the image? It's a before and after comparison. Each image is 5MB so it takes a while for both of them to load. I forget off hand which setting controls the distance but you can get pretty specific with how far/close you want the blur to start. I prefer a more naturalistic DoF, of what my eyes would actually see, vs. what a DSLR camera with a big lens would see. While that's fine for taking screenshots I can't play games where I feel like I need prescription glasses. MATSODOF is another good option with minimal impact on performance but less customizable.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 2 months ago #91 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
When visualizing AO debug other effects like bloom and lens flares are rendered on top unlike when visualizing the depth buffer. Any chance this could be fixed?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #92 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Yeah could be fixed but I do not see why. It is only for debugging purposes, not for screenshots.
All shaders have a fixed order: first comes shading stuff, then blur algorithms like DOF or tiltshift, then lighting and flares, then color adjustments, then overlays like vignette or letterbox. Any other order introduces bugs or things that are not supposed to happen.
So I first have to mix SSAO with original image before I apply other effects. Depth visualization is in color pass, almost at the end of the chain.
Last SSAO pass blurs and mixes, if I would do that stuff in a later pass again just for visualization, I would need to blur again since that step is missing then.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #93 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
The main reason why is in scenes with high bloom (if you are using bloom/lens flares/Gaussian anamorphic flare) it tends to blow out the AO. This makes it hard to adjust the AO to your liking without turning off 2-4 effects just so you can see it.

Also, I love raymarch AO! It really does wonders on games that don't have AO support. The downside is that it's really performance hungry. In Halo: Combat Evolved I can play at 60fps no matter what. Once I turn RMAO on it drops to 20-25fps. I have a pretty decent gaming machine. Is this something that can be improved, or not? While it does enhance the game experience, the large drop in performance makes it less viable. Something only for screenshots.

Note: I am using 32 samples for RMAO. Anything less and artifacts are quite visible.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by vfxninjaeditor.

• brussell
More
9 years 2 months ago #94 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
gzdoom brutal doom with dof,ca etc... NICE! :evil:

• klotim
More
9 years 2 months ago #95 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Possible to add shadow smoothing?
Like in enbseries for skyrim.
Would be nice for a lot of games.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #96 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Of course. This is easily manageable because a generic mod can detect shadows so easily...not...

• klotim
More
9 years 2 months ago #97 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Of course. This is easily manageable because a generic mod can detect shadows so easily...not...

K
The following user(s) said Thank You: robgrab

• brussell
More
9 years 2 months ago #98 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Of course. This is easily manageable because a generic mod can detect shadows so easily...not...

Spoken like the great Boris! :P

Even at the risk of getting a similar reply, I would like to ask if it's possible for you to implement a fade timer for the dof types? You know, like the one in enbseries.ini. Is this even achievable via your effect file? Or would this be the task of crosire (regarding access to previous frames etc.).

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 1 month ago #99 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

brussell wrote: I would like to ask if it's possible for you to implement a fade timer for the dof types? You know, like the one in enbseries.ini. Is this even achievable via your effect file? Or would this be the task of crosire (regarding access to previous frames etc.).

I can answer that for you =)
It would be my job, while access to the very previous frame is possible already (see the thread in general discussion), it's not possible yet to get access to frames further in the past (or in this case the depthbuffer), which is needed for a smooth fade.

EDIT: Update: Actually, it is somewhat possible already, using the technique described in that thread. It is be pretty heavy on memory resources though.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, fuze, vfxninjaeditor, brussell

• fuze
More
9 years 2 months ago #100 by fuze Replied by fuze on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

crosire wrote:

brussell wrote: I would like to ask if it's possible for you to implement a fade timer for the dof types? You know, like the one in enbseries.ini. Is this even achievable via your effect file? Or would this be the task of crosire (regarding access to previous frames etc.).

I can answer that for you =)
It would be my job, while access to the very previous frame is possible already (see the thread in general discussion), it's not possible yet to get access to frames further in the past (or in this case the depthbuffer), which is needed for a smooth fade.

I wanted to know this too, thanks :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.