MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago #41 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
You could do Stalker SoC, Dynamic Shaders 2.0 CTP got released, just a heads up.. the features are quite insane for such an old game

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• matsilagi
More
9 years 3 months ago #42 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread

strelokgunslinger wrote: You could do Stalker SoC, Dynamic Shaders 2.0 CTP got released, just a heads up.. the features are quite insane for such an old game

As Marty said before, the "old setup" cripples what i can do sadly.

I need both a new GPU and a new processor (Gen1 I3 and a GT630 2 GB), so i can start doing even more configs.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #43 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
Ahh yeah, I was stuck in a situation like that not too long ago....

I was on a Q8200 2.3Ghz Quad Core with a GTX560

Which was terrible cause it was a bad bottleneck, I then upgraded to a i7 4770K which wasn't too bad but still the GPU could not handle unoptimized games nor could I freely mod things

and recently upgraded to a GTX970 just before getting into Lords of the Fallen luckily I got it,, that games used 3556MB of VRAM on average

Having controllable depth of field is so much fun

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375341481
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375341928
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by strelokgunslinger.

• Tom Yum 72
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #44 by Tom Yum 72 Replied by Tom Yum 72 on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
Had the time yesterday to try your new Magig Dof and its great, can not thank you enough , Marty.
Still have to figure out how to adjust this and that, but it already looks amazing.
Give me always a little problem when its a third person game and the character is not in the middle to have correct autofocus.

Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Tom Yum 72.

• ScarecrowDM
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #45 by ScarecrowDM Replied by ScarecrowDM on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Any luck running last version with first Amnesia?
I got a crash when compiling shaders (actually it stops working).
I'm not activating any fancy setting, I just wanna AA + Vibrance.

SweetFX 2.0 only also does not work right, it runs but I get that dark screen bug (gamma is really fucked up in this game by the way).
Tonemap does not work as a workaround, I get really ugly artefact.

Thanks for your efforts, I'm using this with Dark Souls 1 and is just fantastic.

EDIT: R9 280X, 14.12 (Omega), Windows 8.1 x64
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by ScarecrowDM.

• againstallathority
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #46 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
my 1st post over here! :)

wow Marty, never thought that you will grow that big! your master effect is a great work, respect from Russia, buddy!
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by againstallathority.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Marty McFly

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #47 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

againstallathority wrote: my 1st post over here! :)

wow Marty, never thought that you will grow that big! your master effect is a great work, respect from Russia, buddy!

Many thanks man :) I've always admired your work (that's why ME has some shaders of yours - with credits ofc), you and icelaglace are the greatest GTA IV coder guys, apprechiation from you means a lot to me! Since you know a hell lot about HLSL, can we expect something from you for ReShade?

• Sh1nRa358
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #48 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi guys. Can we get a colormood variation that affects the whole 3D scene (and cgis) excluding menus, loading screens, etc.?
And also, what about scanlines with only 1 pixel lines and 1 pixel spaces between lines with transparency controls?
We also need to be able to control the Borders per side with being able to control how thick each of them are separately.
Lastly, FXAA blur controls that will allow you to control the blur intensity that happens when using FXAA.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Sh1nRa358.

• againstallathority
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #49 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I havent worked with any shaders for half a year, definelty lost my keen (im not a proffecional programmer, just studied few c++ in univercity), also i dont see any space for work:) your master effect covers almost anything is possible and even some more!
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by againstallathority.

• ozzy
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #50 by ozzy Replied by ozzy on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty McFly, sir this is fantastic work!
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by ozzy.

• NattyDread
More
9 years 3 months ago #51 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi Marty.
I have a couple of questions concerning SSAO and Bloom:
Is it possible to control the "draw distance" of the SSAO or is that something that is directly influenced by the ReShade's depthbuffer representation?
Is it possible to control the bloom width? Something like that "Sigma" value in Boulotaur2024's GAUSS shader for SFX?

Amazing work mate. This package is a tweakers heaven.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago #52 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
You can chain the gauss.fx or sweetfx to ME.. and I don't think the Bloom in ME has a setting for that, that I know of

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #53 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Yes, bloom blur radius value can be added for sure, I just didn't think it was necessary.
Problem is it will affect gaussian anamflare since both use same blurring steps except last H/V gaussian blur is H/H for flare and H/V for bloom.
And for the SSAO drawing distance I would need some kind of focussing which I don't want to do right now before I find proper linearize depth function. Right now pow(depth, 20); gives better results than any zfar znear based linearize depth function but it has some bugs, might need to do complex function based on measuring values in fixed distance points and drawing a graph.
I did some major changes like replacing gaussian blur with median filte as post effect for SSAO and RayAO for noise reduction which is much better for those purposes. Also thanks to new ReShade update I can now render effects in more than screen resolution, like RayAO which really benefits from this feature. Of course performance is horrible when using this feature but for screenshots it is amazing. Also if FXAA is applied at 2x screen res it gets sharper and more antialiased at the same time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: strelokgunslinger

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #54 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
"Also thanks to new ReShade update I can now render effects in more than screen resolution, like RayAO which really benefits from this feature. Of course performance is horrible when using this feature but for screenshots it is amazing. Also if FXAA is applied at 2x screen res it gets sharper and more antialiased at the same time."

I very much like the sound of that. super excited to hear that reshade is improving in more ways than just game compatibility
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by SunBroDave.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago #55 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
We have you working on the amazing addition of more effects and fixes for those effects

and Crosire working on support for games with Reshade

giving up on enb

• padolamap
More
9 years 3 months ago #56 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
would require if possible, the code to run Crossprocess as shader within SweetFx.
from already thank you very much

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago #57 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
would require if possible, the code to run Crossprocess as shader within SweetFx.
from already thank you very much

If possible, I require someone to port mastereffect crossprocess into sweetfx?

Is that a rough translation?

Why not chain SweetFX to mastereffect and just run crossprocess only whilst chained to SwFX?

• padolamap
More
9 years 3 months ago #58 by padolamap Replied by padolamap on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
sorry for my ignorance, but how it should do that

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago #59 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• Kal1m3r0
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #60 by Kal1m3r0 Replied by Kal1m3r0 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi everyone, just wanted to say thanks to Marty and leave this
Papo & Yo - MagicDOF, FXAA, Bloom, Levels, Curves, Vibrance, DPX

vanilla > i1.minus.com/ibbZ0cFsICriS5.jpg
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Kal1m3r0.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.