MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #161 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
You are free to create one =)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom Yum 72
More
9 years 2 months ago #162 by Tom Yum 72 Replied by Tom Yum 72 on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread

Quentin-Tarantino wrote: Is there a user preset thread ? :

I have done some presets :)

Please open one and share them. :)

@ marty: Thank you for making those improvements to the dof and that everything will be a little easier to adjust.

• Ganossa
More
9 years 2 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #163 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Have a nice flight and trip Marty, was good to meet you guys yesterday! :side:

Here a little candy
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• promuckaj
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #164 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Sweet! ;)
Game: Remember Me.
I use chromatic aberration, lens dirt, lens flares, and subtle anamorphic flares.

@Marty
I notice, there is some bloom effects on lens dirt shader, and on some games it is very annoying, it is not good to fit the look of the game with lens dirt effects. As a my suggestion, maybe, it will be good if you can, in the next release, implement option so that we can control bloom intensity in case of lens dirt.
Right now I tone it down by changing texture. Other then that it is working very well.

Also if there is chance, it will be good to add starburst texture as a option to activate for the lens flares effects, and possibility to change the intensity of that(but it also can be changed via texture it self). ;)

From Chapman's blog:
"As a static texture, the starburst doesn't look very good. We can, however, provide a transformation matrix to the shader which allows us to spin/warp it per frame and produce the dynamic effect we want:"

Of course there is explanation for this in detail.

Again, thank you so much for you job.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by promuckaj.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CryZENx

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #165 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Totally possible. With my current system, mask will apply on all lensflares or none. If I apply it on the single ones, mask will be blurred, too.
Here are some pics of Chapman's lens with mask, along with a showcase of stock SSAO but with proper smoothening so it requires less samples without being too noisy - resulting in more fps.

EDIT: Cannot post pictures, "Service temporarily unavailable as soon as post contains url's. See my facebook page for details.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matsilagi

• promuckaj
More
9 years 2 months ago #166 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Totally possible. With my current system, mask will apply on all lensflares or none. If I apply it on the single ones, mask will be blurred, too.
Here are some pics of Chapman's lens with mask, along with a showcase of stock SSAO but with proper smoothening so it requires less samples without being too noisy - resulting in more fps.

EDIT: Cannot post pictures, "Service temporarily unavailable as soon as post contains url's. See my facebook page for details.

Fantastic mate! I really appreciate your dedication to this! :)

About starburst texture, it is important to rotate it dynamically according to camera rotation, that will give the awesome effects, totally real one.
Chapman explain everything on his blog, how to use.

You can also leave option to disable/enable this effect on lens flare, and add texture in root with your shaders file, so if need to change it(the same as for lensdirt). ;)

BTW I change some parameters in your shader for lensdirt, so now there is more spread of texture on the screen with less bloom.
float lensdirtmult = dot(tex2D(SamplerBloom3, IN.txcoord.xy).xyz,0.555);

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #167 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I decided not to rotate or warp it since it's totally annoying in motion, believe me.
Bloom and Lensdirt are essentially linked with each other, and the amount of "bloom" applied when only lensdirt is enabled depends on the texture itself. If you have a low contrast texture, there is more bloom than with a texture which is pitch black except the "dirt" itself.
Your code is same result like using bloom saturation 0 and increasing lensdirt intensity slightly, since 0.555 is wrong value, sum of values color is dot multiplied with should be 1.0.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.

• brussell
More
9 years 2 months ago #168 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Bloom and Lensdirt are essentially linked with each other, and the amount of "bloom" applied when only lensdirt is enabled depends on the texture itself. If you have a low contrast texture, there is more bloom than with a texture which is pitch black except the "dirt" itself.

While reading this I thought: maybe you could take a short look at this problem: reshade.me/forum/shader-troubleshooting/...ct-how?start=12#1341 ?

promuckaj wrote:

brussell wrote: Marty, can you add an option for chromatic aberration without the distortion?. I've seen that you use the code also found in k-putts sweetfx, so technically it should be possible, right? While I like the effect, the disortion blurs the image and the cursor position becomes incorrect. And setting the distortion parameters to zero leads to broken screen edges (as you know). I tried fiddling with the code, but without success. Thanks in advance.

I also notice that, since I am using chromatic aberration a lot, but in this case, that can be fixed very easy, just play with the settings. ;)
Here is, everything is OK, mouse are precise and you still have CA:

#define ChromaticAmount 0.007
#define LensSize 0.5
#define LensDistortion 0.0
#define LensDistortionCubic 0.0

You still get scrambled edges whith these, and less ca off course. So it's only a workaround.
Performance wise, it would also be better to make a single ca pass. (I assume, but Marty knows this better)

• klotim
More
9 years 2 months ago #169 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Maybe a stupid question but I better ask anyway.
Is depth buffer required to work to have working AO enabled?

And how's it going with the project McFly?

• Nekrik
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #170 by Nekrik Replied by Nekrik on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Yes, without depth information you can't have working AO, DOF effects and every other depth information based shader algorithm
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Nekrik.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

• matsilagi
More
9 years 2 months ago #171 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

klotim wrote: Maybe a stupid question but I better ask anyway.
Is depth buffer required to work to have working AO enabled?

And how's it going with the project McFly?

I think he is travelling according to what LuciferHawk said, im pretty sure he is either working on this but not saying much, or on a hiatus.
Either way as soon as he is back or rested enough, im pretty sure he will post updates.

• CryZENx
More
9 years 2 months ago #172 by CryZENx Replied by CryZENx on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
when is a new version coming out? :woohoo:

• NattyDread
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #173 by NattyDread Replied by NattyDread on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hey Marty, could you take a look at TiltShiftAxis in the Tilt Shift shader? It's broken. There's no way to rotate it 90° and have it centered on the screen.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by NattyDread.

• SpinelessJelly
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #174 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@NattyDread: I can confirm. At 15-20° you can still move up the center and have a balanced effect, but at 90° it blurs out the entire screen.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by SpinelessJelly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NattyDread

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #175 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
That axis is not broken, it just rotates around the wrong point (and rotates outside the screen boundaries with high angles). Right now I am busy with other things inside MasterEffect but it will be fixed someday. I noticed it when implementing but thought that most people would use Tilt Shift with a horizontal axis like it's in almost every photograph that uses Tilt Shift.

• Omnipotus
More
9 years 2 months ago #176 by Omnipotus Replied by Omnipotus on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Oi McFly, I think it's about time we have an old fashioned chin wag, add me to Steam - OmnipotusX

Loving your work mate, I like having everyone involved with the "SFX scene" on my friends list for quick access for discussions and praise as well as it being a super easy way to get peoples attention if something comes up :)

• SkacikPL
More
9 years 2 months ago #177 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hello, first post here!

I decided to try out reshade with MasterEffect package on Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth 1 though i've ran into weird issue.
Reshade itself works mostly fine (minus lack of depth buffer), but the ME shaders seem to darken the game significantly when it's in 3d part - even with all effects disabled.

This does not occur with SweetFX package, but again SweetFX is kind of limited in its capabilities compared to this package.
Anyone has a clue what may be causing this effect? I may add that it doesn't darken entire scene, some elements (like character faces) still show up with unaltered brightness.

• arcanux
More
9 years 2 months ago #178 by arcanux Replied by arcanux on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Any way to add a key to enable/disable the filters the same way SweetFX does?

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #179 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

arcanux wrote: Any way to add a key to enable/disable the filters the same way SweetFX does?

reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/161...-thread?start=60#702
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link
The following user(s) said Thank You: arcanux

• arcanux
More
9 years 2 months ago #180 by arcanux Replied by arcanux on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Tks!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.