MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #201 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Argumentum ad populum...

But I give you that, I value a blurred but calm image over sharp edges, an opinion which differs from the majority and is maybe the reason why I value FXAA over SMAA. Yes, SMAA is practically a continued FXAA but at some costs. Both algorithms miss some edges the other gets. SMAA mostly determines edge directions so long, straight edges are better detected, where FXAA needs high local contrast to find them but text etc just stays sharp and unantialiased because SMAA doesn't find it because they don't contain long straight edges, something FXAA finds better (at the cost of blurring text etc).

About progress, I successfully have now all DOF and AO shaders together and they are much more optimized than before, some bugs fixed. Here's variable layout, as you can see, variables with capital letters are global DOF variables. This makes switching between DOF versions so much easier since only blurring algorithm and weighting change, focus area and blur radius are same. Matso DOF variables not included here since I didn't rename them yet.

//DEPTH OF FIELD
#define DOF_METHOD 4 //[1 to 4] 1: Ring DOF(Petka/martinsh) 2: Magic DOF 3: GP DOF 4: Matso DOF
#define DOF_FOCUSPOINT float2(0.5,0.5)
#define DOF_NEARBLURCURVE 0.5
#define DOF_FARBLURCURVE 0.5
#define DOF_BLURRADIUS 5.0
#define DOF_MANUALFOCUS 1
#define DOF_MANUALFOCUSDEPTH 0.0
#define fRingDOFSamples 6
#define fRingDOFRings 4
#define fRingDOFThreshold 2.5
#define fRingDOFGain 0.1
#define fRingDOFBias 0.0
#define fRingDOFFringe 2.5
#define fMagicDOFBlurQuality 5
#define fMagicDOFColorCurve 8.0
#define fGPDOFQuality 5
#define fGPDOFPolygonalBokeh 0
#define fGPDOFPolygonCount 5
#define fGPDOFBias 1.00 darker bokeh shapes in center and brighter on edge.
#define fGPDOFBiasCurve 1.0
#define fGPDOFBrightnessThreshold 0.8
#define fGPDOFBrightnessMultiplier 2.00
#define fGPDOFChromaAmount 0.2 .

Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, Tom Yum 72, calafate, GroinShooter, SpinelessJelly, brussell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• promuckaj
More
9 years 1 month ago #202 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Nice! :)

Please do not forget about lens flare and to apply blur to that shaders, CHAPMAN_LENS and LENZFLARE. ;)

• robgrab
More
9 years 1 month ago #203 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: About progress, I successfully have now all DOF and AO shaders together and they are much more optimized than before, some bugs fixed. Here's variable layout, as you can see, variables with capital letters are global DOF variables. This makes switching between DOF versions so much easier since only blurring algorithm and weighting change, focus area and blur radius are same. Matso DOF variables not included here since I didn't rename them yet.

I'm so excited for this! Adding DoF and AO to older games has been a wonderful excuse to go back and revisit older games. Even newer releases like Metro 2033 Redux benefits greatly by adding something as simple as DoF and a little Film Grain. Thankful for your work and dedication.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #204 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

promuckaj wrote: Nice! :)

Please do not forget about lens flare and to apply blur to that shaders, CHAPMAN_LENS and LENZFLARE. ;)

Is already implemented. Lensflare masking is another thing I had to simplify for the benefit of performance. If I apply a mask before the blur, it gets blurred along with the flare itself. If I apply it after blur, all different flares get the same masking. I went for that latter option, hopefully this meets your expectations:

abload.de/img/gta_sa2015-01-2622-27kjsu5.jpg
abload.de/img/gta_sa2015-02-0118-45o6szb.jpg
abload.de/img/gta_sa2015-02-0118-460lsfo.jpg

@robgrab:
Thanks for your support, it really means much to me when people use and like my work. Hopefully MasterEffect (or another of my projects) gets as popular as SweetFX someday.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Marty McFly.

• huss93
More
9 years 1 month ago #205 by huss93 Replied by huss93 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
hey please must be added in Reshade?

//DEPTH OF FIELD
#define DOF_METHOD 4 //[1 to 4] 1: Ring DOF(Petka/martinsh) 2: Magic DOF 3: GP DOF 4: Matso DOF
#define fRingDOFRings 4
#define fRingDOFGain 0.1
#define fRingDOFBias 0.0
#define fGPDOFQuality 5

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #206 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
The following user(s) said Thank You: MaxG3D

• brussell
More
9 years 1 month ago #207 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

huss93 wrote: hey please must be added in Reshade?

//DEPTH OF FIELD
#define fRingDOFRings 4
#define fRingDOFGain 0.1
#define fRingDOFBias 0.0
#define fGPDOFQuality 5

These settings will be included in the next ME release. You can't add it to the current one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: huss93

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #208 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Updated ME to 1.0.341, fixed compatibility with newest ReShade version 0.15.0. No settings or anything else changed, you may copy/paste your current config section to new version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SiriusHours

• piterrrxd
More
9 years 1 month ago #209 by piterrrxd Replied by piterrrxd on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
@Marty McFly i compare screenshots and i think that these values ​​give slightly better results of DOF (less blury bokeh)
Warning: Spoiler!

• Elimina
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #210 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Okay, first off, I dont know exactly how the DoF gets its shape though code, but i have a few questions. So, would it be possible to change the angle of the hexagonal bokeh shape in the Magic DoF blur? I was wondering this, but i realize you said that the Magic DoF took a different approach by using a different style of sampling, which im guessing would have to be rewritten if you wanted another shape. I made a picture that shows what i am talking about. Please tell me if this is possible, or if the code would need to be rewritten just to get it to work

Here is an example of the rotated Hexagonal shape that i was talking about using the sampling example picture style you showed earlier.
i.imgur.com/D7pf0QKh.jpg
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Elimina. Reason: New Link

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #211 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Different shape in terms of octagonal or whatever is not possible but rotating the shape is possible, yeah.

• Elimina
More
9 years 1 month ago #212 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Different shape in terms of octagonal or whatever is not possible but rotating the shape is possible, yeah.

So how would you rotate the Magic DoF shape a certain angle? Like my 30 degree pic

• occiq
More
9 years 1 month ago #213 by occiq Replied by occiq on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Could you please send a different host link for latest version? I live in turkey and mediafire web site is blocked for some reason here.

• Elimina
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #214 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Also, I forgot to say thanks for your amazing work and effort for the ME effects

Here are a few screenshots with a custom dirt texture that I made:
i.imgur.com/UFhPtov.png
i.imgur.com/8av8AdL.png
i.imgur.com/yJegxSY.png
if anyone wants the scratched lens dirt texture, just ask and I'll link a download

Thanks, Elimina
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Elimina. Reason: changed wording :/

• matsilagi
More
9 years 1 month ago #215 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I want it, looks nice.

• Elimina
More
9 years 1 month ago #216 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

matsilagi wrote: I want it, looks nice.

Are you talking about Mastereffect, or that you want the lens dirt texture? Just making sure, so I don't seem self absorbed with a matter that isn't about me XD

• Kigapple
More
9 years 1 month ago #217 by Kigapple Replied by Kigapple on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Elimina could you share your custom dirt texture ? It looks nice !

• Constantine PC
More
9 years 1 month ago #218 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I would also appreciate a link to that Dirt Texture Elimina. It looks really nice.

• Elimina
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #219 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Ok, here is the dirt texture that i made
Have fun with it :D
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Elimina. Reason: Fixed spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: brussell, Constantine PC

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #220 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

occiq wrote: Could you please send a different host link for latest version? I live in turkey and mediafire web site is blocked for some reason here.

How'd you get ReShade in the first place when it's also hosted only on mediafire?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elimina

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.