MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• Nekrik
More
9 years 2 months ago #141 by Nekrik Replied by Nekrik on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty although i love both the performance and the looks of Magic DOF for the life of me i cannot figure out which of parameter defines the manual focus depth like the "ManualFocusDepth" parameter in the GP65CJ042 ' DOF. Is it the "fMagicManualFocusPlane" parameter because it seems i cannot properly define the focus plane depth, or after which focal depth the bluring should start. As i understand the "fMagicManualFocusPlane" adjusts the focal plane from camera to the sky ok . But which parameter adjusts the depth of focal plane ? Forgive me if my request sounds stupid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tybalitea
More
9 years 2 months ago #142 by tybalitea Replied by tybalitea on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Hi,
first, thanks for your work, i already appreciated it with enbseries, so i'm really enthusiastic now for this version of master effect.
About the ssao, i was always a bit disapointed of this technique because it produces a lot of noise, which is a bit annoying. So i was wondering if it can be coupled with a blur shader to avoid that...or something else. (noob question maybe)

Did you know about this guy researches ?

• klotim
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #143 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty McFly

The Toogle key doesn't work on Tes:IV Oblivion. Dno why, but would like to let you know.

code: technique MasterEffect < bool enabled = 1;int toggle = 0x91; >

I would also like to report a bug with the RAO

#define RayAO_Power 10.0 //[1.0 to 10.0] AO darkening power.

Those values: 6.1-10.0 gives this error message:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Oblivion\Shader@0x39D88490(1429,10): warning X3571: pow(f, e) will not work for negative f, use abs(f) or conditionally handle negative values if you expect them
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by klotim.

• brussell
More
9 years 2 months ago #144 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Marty, can you add an option for chromatic aberration without the distortion?. I've seen that you use the code also found in k-putts sweetfx, so technically it should be possible, right? While I like the effect, the disortion blurs the image and the cursor position becomes incorrect. And setting the distortion parameters to zero leads to broken screen edges (as you know). I tried fiddling with the code, but without success. Thanks in advance.

• promuckaj
More
9 years 2 months ago #145 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

brussell wrote: Marty, can you add an option for chromatic aberration without the distortion?. I've seen that you use the code also found in k-putts sweetfx, so technically it should be possible, right? While I like the effect, the disortion blurs the image and the cursor position becomes incorrect. And setting the distortion parameters to zero leads to broken screen edges (as you know). I tried fiddling with the code, but without success. Thanks in advance.

I also notice that, since I am using chromatic aberration a lot, but in this case, that can be fixed very easy, just play with the settings. ;)
Here is, everything is OK, mouse are precise and you still have CA:

#define ChromaticAmount 0.007
#define LensSize 0.5
#define LensDistortion 0.0
#define LensDistortionCubic 0.0

• huss93
More
9 years 2 months ago #146 by huss93 Replied by huss93 on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
is there a code just the chromatic aberration effect without the round effect please ?

www.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%...p=16&ved=0CE8QrQMwDw

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #147 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
To answer all the questions, a blur pass that applies on all lensflares with same intensity is way more efficient and both fps and code friendly than customizeable blur radii for each flare. Parameter for blur is there but for every lensflare same, blurring every flare on its own would result in massive fps drop when more flares enabled simultaneously.

It works like this now:

Pass1:
add lens 1
add lens 2
add lens 3
Pass2:
blur horizontally
Pass3:
blur vertically
Pass4:
merge with image

What is requested would be:

Pass1:
create lens 1
Pass2:
blur horizontally
Pass3:
blur vertically
Pass4:
create lens 2
Pass5:
blur horizontally
Pass6:
blur vertically
Pass7:
create lens 3
Pass8:
blur horizontally
Pass9:
blur vertically
Pass10:
merge with image.

As you can see, when every flare has to be handled on its own, it needs an own texture which needs to be blurred on its own. If I put it into 1 texture only, this single texture has to be blurred and done.

I can try to find some values for CA, let me check.
The warning will be investigated, it is probably related to a strange issue, depth buffer range is 0 - 1 but apparently negative values also appear, floating point rounding/precision errors most likely.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #148 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: The warning will be investigated, it is probably related to a strange issue, depth buffer range is 0 - 1 but apparently negative values also appear, floating point rounding/precision errors most likely.

It's just the compiler telling you that floats can hold negative values and using "pow" on them would result in undefined behavior. Now as you said, the depth range is positive, so it's nothing to really worry about, just a warning. Can be easily fixed by adding a "saturate" before, so to make the compiler happy.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #149 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

crosire wrote:

Marty McFly wrote: The warning will be investigated, it is probably related to a strange issue, depth buffer range is 0 - 1 but apparently negative values also appear, floating point rounding/precision errors most likely.

It's just the compiler telling you that floats can hold negative values and using "pow" on them would result in undefined behavior. Now as you said, the depth range is positive, so it's nothing to really worry about, just a warning. Can be easily fixed by adding a "saturate" before, so to make the compiler happy.

That's weird though because other values which are also only positive like pow on color values works without warnings.

• BrokenDog
More
9 years 2 months ago #150 by BrokenDog Replied by BrokenDog on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I get blur on the whole screen even without any effects enabled,, the effects themselves work great, but the heavy blur is rather distracting. I don't get this issue with the unofficial version, but the bloom and gaussian anamorphic flares don't work for me with that one.

Big thank you for yout work though!

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #151 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

BrokenDog wrote: I get blur on the whole screen even without any effects enabled,, the effects themselves work great, but the heavy blur is rather distracting. I don't get this issue with the unofficial version, but the bloom and gaussian anamorphic flares don't work for me with that one.

Big thank you for yout work though!

What the flying fuck? Screenshot please, this is literally impossible o.O

• BrokenDog
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #152 by BrokenDog Replied by BrokenDog on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Yeah, I don't get it either...

I don't know if my example's good enough, will upload different pics if needed.

imgur.com/cWlvuLs

I get the same blur with no effects enabled, tested another game and still the same problem, this is under Directx9 if that matters.

Edit: a better example, Do not pay attention to the red and blue bars, they appear to be a glitch with fraps, I did not see it while taking the screens.

This should still demonstrate the blurring problem pretty well. It goes away for a brief moment when I reload the effects though, but as I said I have no DOF shader enabled and still get the blur with all the effects disabled anyways.

i.imgur.com/FReioQ5.jpg

i.imgur.com/3MIDVDe.jpg

Second edit:

Well, sorry for waisting your time, it appears the problem was caused by some settings on Nvidia Inspector I forgot about, I put the settings back to defaults in NVI and everything works perefectly now, sorry...
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by BrokenDog.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #153 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
Well, at least good to know that Nvidia Inspector can cause problems, so if someone else experiencing this, I know the solution.

• promuckaj
More
9 years 2 months ago #154 by promuckaj Replied by promuckaj on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: To answer all the questions, a blur pass that applies on all lensflares with same intensity is way more efficient and both fps and code friendly than customizeable blur radii for each flare. Parameter for blur is there but for every lensflare same, blurring every flare on its own would result in massive fps drop when more flares enabled simultaneously.

It works like this now:

Pass1:
add lens 1
add lens 2
add lens 3
Pass2:
blur horizontally
Pass3:
blur vertically
Pass4:
merge with image

What is requested would be:

Pass1:
create lens 1
Pass2:
blur horizontally
Pass3:
blur vertically
Pass4:
create lens 2
Pass5:
blur horizontally
Pass6:
blur vertically
Pass7:
create lens 3
Pass8:
blur horizontally
Pass9:
blur vertically
Pass10:
merge with image.

As you can see, when every flare has to be handled on its own, it needs an own texture which needs to be blurred on its own. If I put it into 1 texture only, this single texture has to be blurred and done.

That is OK. Just let option to change blur intensity for lens flares. ;)

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #155 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
It will be available, sure. I'm probably gonna split the controls into color, shading, blur, lighting sections to have all flares/bloom, all tonemappers etc together.
Also I successfully added the all-DOF-use-one-focussing which is quite tricky since every DOF uses its own colorbleedfix so I had to come up with one that works for every DOF shader which I think I kinda did a few minutes ago. Shaders are now smaller since all focussing is ripped out, too.

• vfxninjaeditor
More
9 years 2 months ago #156 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
How much faster are you thinking ME will be when you are finished rewriting it?

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #157 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

vfxninjaeditor wrote: How much faster are you thinking ME will be when you are finished rewriting it?

Quite a bit because I avoid many useless calculations. Performance demanding effects will be still demanding but in current ME version it happens when you enable many effects that don't take performance alone, they together have a high fps impact. Some demanding effects render a bit faster like Petka's DOF since many instructions are removed and all focal calculations moved into 1 pass for all DOF shaders which renders into texture so 1 texture call replaces like 50 lines of code per DOF shader. Not only the users benefits from better system, it's also way easier for me to add new stuff. You can't imagine how much I had to restructure to squeeze a fourth DOF shader (magic DOF) into old ME.

Most problematic thing is that ReShade doesn't allow that a pass reads from a texture and after that, writes into the same one, so in order to make use of HDR, I had to use 2 textures which pingpong the colors forth and back with each pass. Now, if a shader uses an uneven number of passes, it inverts that sequence so I had to add an empty pass to 2 DOF shaders and SSAO and what not to get even pass counts.

Also, through changed AO and DOF system, users can configurate faster and easier when switching between those different algorithms. Current DOF controls are (2 DOF's already implemented, GP and Matso follow) below As you can see, way less variables and you still can do the same stuff the old DOF shaders can.

//bold letters mean global variables, these apply on every DOF shader
#define DOF_METHOD 2 //1=Petka/Ring DOF, 2=Magic DOF
#define DOF_FOCUSPOINT float2(0.5,0.5)
#define DOF_NEARBLURCURVE 0.5
#define DOF_FARBLURCURVE 0.5
#define DOF_BLURRADIUS 15.0
#define DOF_MANUALFOCUS 1
#define DOF_MANUALFOCUSDEPTH 0.0
//Ring DOF/Petka DOF vars
#define fRingDOFSamples 6
#define fRingDOFRings 4
#define fRingDOFThreshold 2.5
#define fRingDOFGain 0.1
#define fRingDOFBias 0.0
#define fRingDOFFringe 0.5
//Magic DOF vars
#define fMagicBlurQuality 5
#define fMagicColorCurve 8.0
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robgrab, Tom Yum 72, vfxninjaeditor, CryZENx

• robgrab
More
9 years 2 months ago #158 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
I'm very excited to see an increase in speed. Especially in certain OpenGL games where ME seems to completely destroy performance. In particular some of the Lucasarts Star Wars games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matsilagi

• matsilagi
More
9 years 2 months ago #159 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic MasterEffect ReBorn official thread
You aint the only one with performance complaints in OpenGL.

It slows down Darkplaces (Quake) a lot, making 60 frames drop to 30

• Quentin-Tarantino
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #160 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
Is there a user preset thread ? :

I have done some presets :)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Quentin-Tarantino.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.