MasterEffect ReBorn official thread

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 3 months ago #21 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
I also just wanted to stop by and thank you Marty for such an incredible tool. ReS and MER go together like peanut butter and jelly, and I haven't been this excited to mess about with my games since first discovering SweetFX. Cheers mate and keep up the incredible work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago #22 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
might just work in Manual rather then Auto, might be easier

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #23 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
Detecting depth buffer on a generic base is hard enough, detecting the HUD in every game is almost impossible. In the shader, the only thing I can do is saving rectangular areas around the HUD to stop being blurred but these would need to be set and adjusted for every game. I see many people saying that HUD is visible in depth buffer: this is actually a not correct depth buffer and fix for thst would render ME unuseable for other games where depth buffer is working properly.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rigbaby

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago #24 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
Detecting depth buffer option is good for me for interesting screenshots xD

• SiriusHours
More
9 years 3 months ago #25 by SiriusHours Replied by SiriusHours on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
Magic DOF is real nice. Thanks marty.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #26 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
Well, it was a hell of work though to get it working nicely, especially many solutions I use for stock DOF shaders don't work here because of two layers.
@Topic: Chapman lensflare implemented (that smaller lensflare in the big one is texture based lensflare of stock GTASA, sorry for that):

[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: matsilagi, Alex_outer, Proximus

• matsilagi
More
9 years 3 months ago #27 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread

Marty McFly wrote: Well, it was a hell of work though to get it working nicely, especially many solutions I use for stock DOF shaders don't work here because of two layers.
@Topic: Chapman lensflare implemented (that smaller lensflare in the big one is texture based lensflare of stock GTASA, sorry for that):

Wow, that was fast! Looking forward for its upload. Congrats for the amazing work speed.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #28 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
Another one of the X.000 attempts of raymarching failed, hours wasted. F*CK! I hate raymarching so much and every algorithm on the web is not working as I want it to, and own attempts work poorly.

• Tom Yum 72
More
9 years 3 months ago #29 by Tom Yum 72 Replied by Tom Yum 72 on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
Didnt had time to try the new dof yet...i just want to say "Thank you" for that , Marty.
Dof is always much appreciated.

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #30 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread

Tom Yum 72 wrote: Didnt had time to try the new dof yet...i just want to say "Thank you" for that , Marty.
Dof is always much appreciated.

It's definitely worth a try. Artifacts are low if blur radius is not excessive and it runs with almost no fps cost (confirmed by matsilagi who has a rather low-end system).
Last attempt on raymarching worked. For some reason all my huge algorithms and those of the web don't work properly when this rather simple approach gives what I wanted. I still need to apply box blur/gaussian blur on it in order to get proper image quality but it's something.

[img

• Boulotaur2024
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #31 by Boulotaur2024 Replied by Boulotaur2024 on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
I already ported SAO to DX9 for GeDoSaTo so you might want to reuse it. (Scalable Ambient Obscurance is an evolution of Alchemy AO by the same author)
github.com/PeterTh/gedosato/blob/master/pack/assets/dx9/SAO.fx

Demo shot on AC1

And you're right there is some kind of "generic" projection matrix that has to be defined on the CPU side (have a look at line 130 github.com/PeterTh/gedosato/blob/master/source/ssao.cpp

Since I couldn't grab the real projection matrix from the game (it really is too much of a hassle, ask Crosire) I was assuming a default FoV value of 59 for 16/9 and 65 for 16/10 would be good enough for my "generic" projection matrix.

But that would mean CPU side code both for DX9 and for DX10/11... I know that's a real pain in the ass but afaik all the shader relying purely on depth without projection values pretty much suck. And I had a look at pretty much all of the worthwhile ones at the time. HBAO+ being the king but unfortunately closed-source.

I really don't have time for this anymore though since I got a new job 2 months ago...
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Boulotaur2024.
The following user(s) said Thank You: matsilagi, strelokgunslinger, Proximus

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #32 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
I saw that already but missed that ProjInfo in your ssao.cpp so I couldn't port it. Well, many thanks for that, I will definitely have a look at SAO again.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #33 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread

Boulotaur2024 wrote: And you're right there is some kind of "generic" projection matrix that has to be defined on the CPU side

You could also create it right in the shader. Asuming all parameters are constant (which is the case with a constant FOV value and the screen aspect) constant folding (which ReShades compiler supports) would do all the math before actually (trans- +)compiling it and thus creating the matrix without any additional overhead.

The matrix created by "D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH(..., float fovy, float aspect, float zn, float zf)" looks like this:
static const float4x4 matProjection = float4x4(
  1.0f / (aspect * tan(fovy / 2.0f)),  0.0f,                     0.0f,                   0.0f,
  0.0f,                                1.0f / tan(fovy / 2.0f),  0.0f,                   0.0f,
  0.0f,                                0.0f,                     zf / (zf - zn),         1.0f,
  0.0f,                                0.0f,                     (zf * zn) / (zn - zf),  0.0f
);
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by crosire.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #34 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
What is awesome is we can finally add enb like effects to DX11 games, like Stalker CoP

gotta love them dislike spammers
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by strelokgunslinger.

• perseusveil
More
9 years 3 months ago #35 by perseusveil Replied by perseusveil on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
There are some Stalker fans who seem to blindly rage against any sort of modification.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #36 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
I thought it was due to my somewhat negative banter toward a reddit user who completely missed the youtube description to understand what the video was about.. and obviously had to complain when I commented saying 'check the youtube description'

But if its people against stalker mods then that is just horrific... probably more reasons to love the Russian community over the English community - well that was already my view, most russian modderss care about advancing, but the English community only cares about Compilation/Graphics mods and thats it...

@Marty, Crosire

Thanks again for your hard work, having these kinds of thing work in DX11 and OGL is just awesome... progression in shader mods is going strong. Even if the general modding audience tends to get confused about it all and hate on others love for it :sick:

21:9 FUN!

• Magic DOF
    Bloom
    and some other tweaks I forget

• Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by strelokgunslinger.

• Mikan
    More
    9 years 3 months ago #37 by Mikan Replied by Mikan on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
    Hi^^
    Thank you for your awesome work :cheer:
    Sweetfx version of FXAA works well if the FXAA pass is placed after last bloom pass and before MasterEffectInitHDR.
    Sweetfx version of SMAA works too, but causes image to darken if placed in same location. :blink:

Tested on older version, see you have added FXAA on new. Still hope this is helpful somehow :)

• Marty McFly
    • Topic Author
    More
    9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #38 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
    @strelokgunslinger: Nice pictures, do you mind if I use them some time as showcase what ME is capable of?
    @Mikan: I would be careful with combining code that is not made for such purposes. Sheer amount of passes and pingpong structure of HDR textures makes it difficult to add new stuff without breaking existing code in certain cases.

Didn't like SAO, at least I could not find appropriate values for any game so I better stick with own Raymarch AO.

Updated to 1.0.340, see changelog for more details.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: matsilagi

• strelokgunslinger
    More
    9 years 3 months ago #39 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
    You can use anything I upload, feel free..

• matsilagi
    More
    9 years 3 months ago #40 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic MasterEffect Reborn official thread
    Congrats on the release!
    Im planning to make more presets for other games using ME too (Currently, i have only one preset for TrackMania, and some stuff still needs adjustment).

Probably will go for a FPS game.

We use cookies
    We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.