3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 week ago #1281 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Devil Master wrote: Thank you, it was really that easy. However, I noticed that this doesn't happen with Cemu. I remember what you explained about graphicsPacks, so I took the one I used to play Pokken Tournament at 720p and made another one, where I replaced all occurrences of "1280" and "720" with "1920" and "1080". Only... it doesn't work! There is no stereoscopic effect, and the depth maps are either all black or all white. Quitting and restarting the emulator doesn't help. How do I solve? (EDIT: just in case it needs to be said: yes, I activate the correct pack when I run the game at another resolution)

Ya, you need to set to match your native resolution. There must be a guide somewhere here on this forum. I am too sick to find it right now. This is also the reason I took long to respond.

Devil Master wrote: As for another issue: how do I activate barrel distortion in the newer versions of the shader? Just today I assembled a homemade HMD which uses a single display and strong lenses, so I need barrel distortion. The option is present in the older versions, but it's gone in the more recent ones (the ones that support eDuke32 and Rez Infinite). Is there a separate shader that does the same thing now?

Use Polynomial_Barrel_Distortion shader for correcting for HMDs. Also for Eduke32 you can follow this guide.
reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/212...der?start=1000#22135

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Crow550
More
6 years 1 week ago #1282 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Unless I missed this in the settings.... Has soft interlacing / optimized interlacing been added yet for Passive displays?

Sorry for the blast from the past. Just curious.

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Crow550 wrote: Hey!

First of all.... Excellent work! Thanks!

So far this has supported a few more games than Tridef. As an AMD user I can't take advantage of Nvidia's 3D Vision so keep up the great work. .

Thank you

Crow550 wrote: I have two suggestions:

First as an owner of Passive 3D.. Which I'm sure that many others also use Passive. Is it possible to add a soft-interlacing (Tridef) / optimized interlacing (iZ3D) option which helps remove the aliasing that Passive can sometimes cause..

I know the option in tridef and IZ3D I am just not sure how it works. If it can be explained to me Maybe I can do it. I will look in to this as well.

Crow550 wrote: Another solution is to downscale from 2K to 1080P but this solution doesn't work on all games. So adding an option like the solution above would be great. :D

This is best done with VSR and or DSR

Crow550 wrote: Second suggestion is to keep the latest versions in the OP. I had to look through the thread to find updates and such for the Reshade Framework.

I will list the Reshade 2.0 Repack in the readMe So this should make it easier for new comers.

Crow550 wrote: Again thanks and keep up the amazing work. ;)

For The Crew here was the progress someone had gotten with Tridef: www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4938&p=27119 (a bit tricky but was doable online. Had to enable change eyes each time you launched it though.) Unsure if any of this info is useful for you though.

I will try this.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #1283 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Crow550 wrote: Unless I missed this in the settings.... Has soft-interlacing / optimized interlacing been added yet for Passive displays?

Sorry for the blast from the past. Just curious.

Ya, I was able to figure out how they did the soft interlacing. When I figured it out an update was pushed out as soft-interlacing. But, in my opinion, it was too soft. So I adjusted it and renamed it to optimized interlacing.

The way I suspect they did it was by adjusting one of views or both the images to be offset by each other.

I realized this when Playing Nazi Zombie Trilogy the reason aliasing was drawn on the screen was due to the image missing information in each eye. So adjusted it till it looked right.

Right now that update in 1.9.9.

The code snip-it for it is.
texcoordL.y = texcoordL.y + (0.375 * pix.y); //Left Eye
texcoordR.y = texcoordR.y - (0.375 * pix.y); //Right Eye

When the offset was first set to 0.5 in each eye it made the image too soft. In the first attempt.
If only one image was offset by 1.0 the unequal alinement. Didn't feel right.
Oh... If you adjust the image after the stereo Image was already generated then the quality suffered a very small amount.
So this code is done best before the creations of stereo images.
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• Crow550
More
6 years 6 days ago - 6 years 6 days ago #1284 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Cool thanks.

I take it using swap eyes on Interlaced in Interlaced Reversed correct?

Yes that's how Passive 3D works. The left and right images have black lines between the image and when the L & R images come together it's 3D. So it's like 1920X540 per eye. Thus some aliasing or jagged edges. Beefy discussion on this: www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3634

I usually play in Top & Bottom mode. So later on if you could offer the Optimized Interlacing as a separate setting that'd be cool.

For games can handle it I downscale in 2k,3k or 4k and keep soft interlacing off. Otherwise for 1080P I use it.

Yeah if we could find ex-iZ3D devs and ask em about how they did there optimized interlaced.... Or Tridef.... May be interesting to know. However I'm pretty sure you figured it out. Also if I do swap eyes for Line Interlaced reverse will the optimized interlacing still work correctly?

Thanks. Also unless I missed it.... Do you have a page that strictly lists added & planned features?

One last thing.... Windows 10 Game Mode can actually help optimize games being played in 3D. Worth a try for anyone who has fps issues while gaming in 3D. B)

Quick guide:

Press Win+G and click the speedometer to enable. If the screen flashes then switch to Borderless / Window'd mode then enable then go back to Full Screen.

You have to enable the Game Bar under Gaming in Windows settings. Can disable the Game Bar after enabling Game Mode for a game too.
Last edit: 6 years 6 days ago by Crow550.

• Devil Master
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #1285 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Has anyone had any luck in enabling stereoscopic 3d with Mad Max? Setting the in-game graphical options to the maximum gives me completely black or white depth maps, and so does setting them to the minimum. What shoud I change?

BTW, something that perplexes me is that DOF cannot be deactivated in-game. The minimum setting is "normal". Could it be that DOF prevents ReShade from accessing the depth buffer?
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Devil Master.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #1286 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Devil Master wrote: Has anyone had any luck in enabling stereoscopic 3d with Mad Max? Setting the in-game graphical options to the maximum gives me completely black or white depth maps, and so does setting them to the minimum. What shoud I change?

BTW, something that perplexes me is that DOF cannot be deactivated in-game. The minimum setting is "normal". Could it be that DOF prevents ReShade from accessing the depth buffer?

Try using an older version of reshade if the new one does not work. I don't have the game so I don't know. But, it is listed as compatible.

• BJensie
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #1287 by BJensie Replied by BJensie on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Devil Master wrote: Has anyone had any luck in enabling stereoscopic 3d with Mad Max? Setting the in-game graphical options to the maximum gives me completely black or white depth maps, and so does setting them to the minimum. What shoud I change?

Try using an older version of reshade if the new one does not work. I don't have the game so I don't know. But, it is listed as compatible.

Hi again! You helped me to get "Eurotruck Simulator 2" working with SuperDepth3D shader about 6 months ago, remember?! Now I have the same problem as 'Devil Master', totally black depthmap. I've followed your 1.9.9 development and updated regularly to the latest one and I've also updated ReShade. It was quite some time back when I last tested to view the depthmap, so I don't know when this happened the first time. Now, when I saw Devil Master's problem, I've tried to downgrade both ReShade and SuperDepth3d 1.9.9, but it's the same, black depthmap. The game has had an update too during this time, so if you are going to test it again, please download the latest demoversion from here:

eurotrucksimulator2.com/download.php

Looking forward to hear from you! Thanx in advance!

Edit: Forgot to tell you that I downgraded all the way down to ReShade 3.0.8 and SuperDepth3D 1.9.9 as of 22:nd Nov. 2017.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by BJensie.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #1288 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BJensie wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Hi again! You helped me to get "Eurotruck Simulator 2" working with SuperDepth3D shader about 6 months ago, remember?! Now I have the same problem as 'Devil Master', totally black depthmap. I've followed your 1.9.9 development and updated regularly to the latest one and I've also updated ReShade. It was quite some time back when I last tested to view the depthmap, so I don't know when this happened the first time. Now, when I saw Devil Master's problem, I've tried to downgrade both ReShade and SuperDepth3d 1.9.9, but it's the same, black depthmap. The game has had an update too during this time, so if you are going to test it again, please download the latest demoversion from here:

Edit: Forgot to tell you that I downgraded all the way down to ReShade 3.0.8 and SuperDepth3D 1.9.9 as of 22:nd Nov. 2017.

Tested it and it is working. You guys don't have more than one Copy of SuperDepth3D in the same folder, do you?

The Old setting seems to work even with the new versions of ReShade.

Not sure whats going on your end.

• BJensie
More
5 years 10 months ago #1289 by BJensie Replied by BJensie on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

BJensie wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Tested it and it is working. You guys don't have more than one Copy of SuperDepth3D in the same folder, do you?

The Old setting seems to work even with the new versions of ReShade.

Not sure whats going on your end.

Okay, thanx for your reply and test. No, I haven't got several copies of SuperDepth3D in the reshade-shaders/Shaders folder, but after having looked around a bit, I noticed that I had a lot of scrap info left in the INI file from different test I've made through time, shaders not belonging to the Depth3D family. So, I just deleted that INI file and reconfigured, now all is working like a charm again! I hope this info might help others too.

Once again, thank you for your support!

• Devil Master
More
5 years 10 months ago #1290 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Sigh... I tried to downgrade to ReShade 3.0.0 and nothing changes whatsoever. In the end, I uninstalled Mad Max. :(

Next, I went back to Cemu to try and understand why ReShade would access the depth buffer at 720p, but not at 1080p. So first, I verified that the 720p graphicsPack I used for Pokken Tournament actually worked. It did, but the 1080p graphicsPack didn't. Well, I thought, maybe I made a mistake with the 1080p graphicsPack, so I deleted it. I tried again to copy the 720p pack, replace every occurrence of "1280" and "720" with "1920" and "1080" and save the obtained file.
Switch again to 1080p desktop resolution, launch Cemu, make sure the correct graphicsPack is selected and... nothing. The depth map is either all black or all white. Cue headdesk.

• JBeckman
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #1291 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I can't speak for Mad Max (It could be a overlay effect from a shader breaking depth for example which is why it often works in the main menu but not in-game.) and I haven't checked the new ReShade 3.3.x and later depth settings to see if they can help but with Cemu and how it upscales I wonder if that's similar to what Kaldaien said about Ys8 and it using a different dimension for it's depth buffer (Fixed resolution, up to 4096x2160 now, locked at 3200x1800 pre-patch.) and then the render resolution using the user configured value (So anything from 1280x720 to 3840x2160) and this difference broke something in ReShade which needed to be updated.

CEMU could be a easy to check if one opens the graphic pack .txt files and just manually change the resolution parameters so the back buffer and render resolution are identical if so, I'm not sure though but that's what comes to mind from reading your post and especially CEMU and it breaking on graphics packs which often use a upscaled render resolution but the other buffers can be fixed to the default value.

EDIT:

Which to use Ys8 as a example the depth would show up as this:
abload.de/img/test197s4h.jpg
At 4096x2160

And then the game would look something like this when you capture a image of it via ReShade
abload.de/img/test2wwq5q.jpg
2560x1440 for the display resolution and then depth at 4096x2160 which normally isn't visible but it shows up as a gray mess here.

Of course most PC ports aren't going to be using that, chances are Mad Max is simply using a shader effect or overlay that is breaking depth detection and shaders reliant on it, Elex for example does this with it's UI and other games can have effects from tints such as shades or windows or glares or just a transparent image over the screen for UI elements or what not to draw to which is why it works during the main menu where this isn't in effect but then in-game this is applied and depth no longer works in ReShade.
(Not too sure how to work around this in ReShade though, going into the games shaders and what not is complex and beyond the scope of a generic shader injector though it might be doable in some way if that's what is blocking it in the game.)

EDIT: And if it just clears the depth buffer or retains some part of it then I think that's what the existing options would have helped with to retain compatibility and a working depth buffer for the game and allowing effects reliant on this to work as normal.

Unfortunately I only have a pretty vague understanding of this sort of thing, not much of a actual solution to the problem at hand.
(Not many PC ports would use a fixed depth buffer size I believe and it's not very common as a result though it causes issues in ReShade when a game is using this sort of thing and then well the overlay is another problem but it also breaks depth buffer detection.)
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by JBeckman.

• Devil Master
More
5 years 10 months ago #1292 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

CEMU could be a easy to check if one opens the graphic pack .txt files and just manually change the resolution parameters so the back buffer and render resolution are identical if so, I'm not sure though but that's what comes to mind from reading your post and especially CEMU and it breaking on graphics packs which often use a upscaled render resolution but the other buffers can be fixed to the default value.

Where can I find the value for the backbuffer resolution? These are the graphicsPacks I use for Pokken Tournament:
720p - this one works
1080p - this one doesn't
I had downloaded the 720p version; for the 1080p version I only changed rules.txt and left the other text files alone.

• JBeckman
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #1293 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Well it looks like I was quite off with how the graphics packs were set up for CEMU, that's a big mistake on my part.

I know the other files are specific to various shaders and then rules .txt has the resolution overrides but it's not target specific buffers but instead overrides one resolution for another and the tag is just a comment on what this will affect. That feels far more imprecise than I would have expected but looking into the files again I can't see any other way this works so it targets one resolution and overrides this with another and then exclusions can be set up for specific formats avoiding various textures and what not from being scaled too.

Guess that's the extent of CEMU's scaling at the moment then and it might not be able to override certain buffers at all although some packs are still quite advanced for what it can do.

Or it's something else in how this scaling is done, if it's overriding dimensions such as 1280x720 entirely it might scale depth too but then it shouldn't break like this with ReShade unless it's something with how it's scaled or if the back or depth buffer is ignored in the emulator when this scaling is performed.

I have some reading up to do it seems.

EDIT:
helixmod.blogspot.se/2017/07/zelda-breat...d-3d-vision-fix.html

Ah so going by this CEMU might not override the depth dimensions by default, guessing the implementation would be game specific too and not possible with just the emulator itself for use in other titles running through it.

That's what I get from the description of step 5 in this utility at least.

In 3DVisionWrapper.ini. Make sure that OverrideDepthBufferSize = true and that DepthBufferWidth and DepthBufferHeight match the resolution of the graphics pack that you're using. This is very important!

So it needs to match or it won't work and as such even if the graphics packs overrides 1280x720 or 1920x1080 to higher it doesn't affect the depth buffer.

EDIT: And from the GeForce.com discussion it seems this specific utility would also require compatible 3D Vision hardware.

But that does explain the problem at least or it definitively seems to be the depth buffer dimension issue, wonder if Kaldaien planned to submit a pull request for the changes he made so this could make it into the official release of ReShade too eventually.
That would be the simplest method to resolve this as I can see, ensure it works with just about everything then though I'm not sure how much was changed to make this work and I'm not sure if all the code changes were uploaded yet either.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by JBeckman.

• Devil Master
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #1294 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Did anyone have any luck in activating stereoscopy in Tempest 4000?
- the version of the SuperDepth3D.fx shader I use for most games (one of the last to offer 26 depth maps) doesn't see the depth buffer, and I always get a completely black or white depth map
- the custom version I use for Rez Infinite, which did not work with the other version (four depth maps, more settings) has the same problem
Unfortunately, the options that can be accessed by pressing the X button in Tempest 4000 don't allow to change graphical settings, so, unless I'm missing something (another key shortcut? A command line parameter to activate the additional options? Command line parameters to force the desired settings? An .ini file buried somewhere in the Documents folder?) I'm stumped.

EDIT: from a chat on the Discord channel, it appears that Tempest 4000 really has no way to access the depth buffer. Let's add that the game has no way to change the resolution, configure the graphical options, play with mouse and keyboard nor change the controls, and we get an all-round disappointment.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Devil Master.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1295 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Devil Master wrote: Did anyone have any luck in activating stereoscopy in Tempest 4000?
- the version of the SuperDepth3D.fx shader I use for most games (one of the last to offer 26 depth maps) doesn't see the depth buffer, and I always get a completely black or white depth map
- the custom version I use for Rez Infinite, which did not work with the other version (four depth maps, more settings) has the same problem
Unfortunately, the options that can be accessed by pressing the X button in Tempest 4000 don't allow to change graphical settings, so, unless I'm missing something (another key shortcut? A command line parameter to activate the additional options? Command line parameters to force the desired settings? An .ini file buried somewhere in the Documents folder?) I'm stumped.

EDIT: from a chat on the Discord channel, it appears that Tempest 4000 really has no way to access the depth buffer. Let's add that the game has no way to change the resolution, configure the graphical options, play with mouse and keyboard nor change the controls, and we get an all-round disappointment.

Try new shader Dimension_Plus.fx

It's my 2D to 3D converter still WIP. But, I think it can help you, in this case, maybe.

• Devil Master
More
5 years 8 months ago #1296 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Try new shader Dimension_Plus.fx

It's my 2D to 3D converter still WIP. But, I think it can help you, in this case, maybe.

Wow, I actually see some depth in the starfield surrounding the web. Not so much in the web itself, but considering there's no access to the depth buffer, it's still impressive. How does it work?

• Fable09
More
5 years 8 months ago #1297 by Fable09 Replied by Fable09 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
do you know any good software for watching SBS on VR gear ? I tried both Virtual Desktop and BigScreen but they very laggy

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1298 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Devil Master wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Try new shader Dimension_Plus.fx

Wow, I actually see some depth in the starfield surrounding the web. Not so much in the web itself, but considering there's no access to the depth buffer, it's still impressive. How does it work?

Works in different ways. But, the main one is this.

books.google.com/books?id=SDbOBQAAQBAJ&p...20conversion&f=false

There are other things done in it, as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Devil Master

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1299 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Fable09 wrote: do you know any good software for watching SBS on VR gear ? I tried both Virtual Desktop and BigScreen but they very laggy

I don't know my self but, maybe someone else here can help with this.

• WalterDasTrevas
More
5 years 8 months ago #1300 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I use TriDef 3D.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.