3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #281 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote: Is a usable version of 2dto3dconv being uploaded at some point? The one you tested with "Stranger Things" perhaps? :side:

The current one still show blank SBS image :D

I'm still working on it. conversion is not easy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #282 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote: Is a usable version of 2dto3dconv being uploaded at some point? The one you tested with "Stranger Things" perhaps? :side:

I understand, take your time.

Out of curiosity, Was it the 2dto3dconv shader that the Laplace and Radial Blur code helped make better? :woohoo:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Aelius Maximus.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #283 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

I understand, take your time.

Out of curiosity, Was it the 2dto3dconv shader that the Laplace and Radial Blur code helped make better? :woohoo:

The Laplace shader worked. But, I am still trying to figure out how too use it with HSV color. I am trying to find out right mix. I really wish I knew how to make it better. So I am just trying trial and error approach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #284 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Sh1nRa358 wrote: @BlueSkyKnight: Do you have a version of these that work with reshade 1.1.0f1? I don't want to switch from that yet because I have a couple of other shaders I like that doesn't work correctly with anything above it. I haven't tried yet but would I need to change anything to make this work or will it work right out the box for that reshade version?

I will port the new one to 2.0 then you can port it over to 1.1. I do this when I get back from the eye doctor to day.

Ok I have it Back ported to 2.0 Here is the link
www.mediafire.com/download/97w9q5a3dha9c...3D_v1.8.5_Repack.zip

Should Be easyer to back port it to 1.1 now.

Back Port Tested with Alien Isolation

Please enjoy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arioch, Aelius Maximus

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago #285 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Sh1nRa358 wrote: @BlueSkyKnight: Do you have a version of these that work with reshade 1.1.0f1? I don't want to switch from that yet because I have a couple of other shaders I like that doesn't work correctly with anything above it. I haven't tried yet but would I need to change anything to make this work or will it work right out the box for that reshade version?

I will port the new one to 2.0 then you can port it over to 1.1. I do this when I get back from the eye doctor to day.

Please enjoy.

Blueskyknight ,

How do you know the best depth out of the 20 ? could you check Need for speed Rivals for me and tell me what's the best ? so I'll know what to look for .
Just how did you find the best depth for all the other games ?

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, mr_spongeworthy

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Please enjoy.

Blueskyknight ,

How do you know the best depth out of the 20 ? could you check Need for speed Rivals for me and tell me what's the best ? so I'll know what to look for .

Thanks

I do one of Two things.
Now since I have so many Depth Maps. I first search in "Depth Map View mode," and where the Depth map shows up from 1-20. I then wright down the number.
I then turn off Depth Map View mode and enable 3D mode in the shader and my 3D TV. I then go though my list I have written down. I toggle between each one.
What ever feels like has the right amount of pop and depth I then circle the Depth map number.
Though the process of elimination I will eventually find the best one.
I use Custom Depth map 1-5 By adjusting the near and far. I go one by one from 1-5 and change the Near and Far for each one Till I see a Depth Map I like.
Once found then I go back in to 3D mode in the shader and my 3DTV. Back in 3D mode I then I adjust the Near And Far setting slowly till I adjust the Depth Map to my personal preference. Once I find what I like I write it down then go in to the shader and Add the DM to the main list.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 7 months ago #287 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Probably just a matter of personal preference, but i find it always looks better when the majority of the depth is close up, so it is observable and more immersive, the further away the depth the less observable, so i try to find the depth map which offers the most near depth.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #288 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Please enjoy.

Blueskyknight ,

Thanks

I do one of Two things.
Now since I have so many Depth Maps. I first search in "Depth Map View mode," and where the Depth map shows up from 1-20. I then wright down the number.
I then turn off Depth Map View mode and enable 3D mode in the shader and my 3D TV. I then go though my list I have written down. I toggle between each one.
What ever feels like has the right amount of pop and depth I then circle the Depth map number.
I use Custom Depth map 1-5 By adjusting the near and far. I go one by one from 1-5 and change the Near and Far for each one Till I see a Depth Map I like.
Once found then I go back in to 3D mode in the shader and my 3DTV. Back in 3D mode I then I adjust the Near And Far setting slowly till I adjust the Depth Map to my personal preference. Once I find what I like I write it down then go in to the shader and Add the DM to the main list.

Thanks ! so it is always prefered to use custom depth than the normal ? because custom usually fix some weird tearing on fonts and such. in assassins creed for example. but why you recommend to use in gta v 12 if I remember and not custom ? even though it looks incredible awesome 3d effect. it has problem with the fonts and some menus they move and break while I move .
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by x8009.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #289 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Please enjoy.

Blueskyknight ,

Thanks

I do one of Two things.

Thanks ! so it is always prefered to use custom depth than the normal ? because custom usually fix some weird tearing on fonts and such. in assassins creed for example. but why you recommend to use in gta v 12 if I remember and not custom ? even though it looks incredible awesome 3d effect. it has problem with the fonts and some menus they move and break while I move .

The depth map for AC Unity was made first. It can be a number of things. My eyes where tired. I didn't catch the Font problem. The new blur filter is not catching that font in that game for some reason. Since updating I still need to go back to some depth maps to check them out with the new code.

Also keep in mind my left eye not up to par with my right eye. I have a defect in my left so sometimes I may not catch things.

That's why I encourage people to share there settings. You can always post here your Custom Depth Map Number also Near and Far settings.

I love all kinds of feed back good or bad BTW. If any one has any questions or suggestions. Please feel free to ask.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #290 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
A update on what I'm working on.

The damn 2D to 3D converter. Holy hell reading scientific equations from people that are much smarter then I is hard. TRIGONOMETRY is hard :(

Weapon Depth maps a other problem it seems to work in very few games. This may need to be a special case. I Think I may release alternate shader that caters to this problem.

• nieda113
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #291 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi , i just wanted to know how users impressions are on using 3d depth map vs other approaches like nvidia 3d tv play, tridef vorpx and vireio.
I am asking that because its obvious that people have different eyesight. I wanted to know if the 3d impression of the depth map is equal for all users or if the have a better impression on the others named above. For me, i bareley see a difference ( maybe i am not too sensitve for 3d)how about you guys?

THX
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by nieda113.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 7 months ago #292 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Well, that's probably very had to answer (when you see green is it the same green I see?). I tend to like a lot of depth in games "just because" (I sometimes exaggerate it over what it would be IRL), but even a little depth, to me, makes a game look a lot better. Until recently I never gamed with anything other than the "real" TriDef stereoscopic mode, since that produces beautiful results (assuming you have a good profile). On the other hand, I've had to get used to other stereoscopic modes playing FO4 since it's not currently compatible with any "real" stereoscopic modes (well, Vireio, but that's still very much a work in progress, even the sky is in the wrong focal-plane, so really not usable yet). I have no reason to believe there is anything wrong with my vision in terms of depth perception (excellent skier, excellent amateur motor-sports driver, etc... so I do a lot of thing IRL that would probably be difficult with poor depth perception), so I think my preference for a lot of depth is games is just that, a preferences. If you are really seeing very little 3D effect, I would suggest giving TriDef a try with one of the games it works extremely well with (Dragon Age Origins if you want a great game, or DAI if you want a gloriously beautiful but often very boring game). The depth effect in those works extremely well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nieda113

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #293 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

nieda113 wrote: Hi , i just wanted to know how users impressions are on using 3d depth map vs other approaches like nvidia 3d tv play, tridef vorpx and vireio.
I am asking that because its obvious that people have different eyesight. I wanted to know if the 3d impression of the depth map is equal for all users or if the have a better impression on the others named above. For me, i bareley see a difference ( maybe i am not too sensitve for 3d)how about you guys?

THX

I have used many different version of 3D application. I used to love iZ3D but even then I had my depth set too low. In TriDef I did enjoy I had depth set to default. with Nvidia solution I had depth set to 15% never changed it. But, I did change convergence.

Tridef Power 3d mode as ok But Black Bars..... was pain and you have no option to remove them. Nvidia power 3D never worked the way I wanted it to.

Even now I like my depth set low. Maybe this will change with my new glasses. who knows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nieda113

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #294 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Ok so I settled for Plenoptic Depth Mapping for the 2D to 3D conversion.

using the Virtual pin hole cam and Virtual Plenoptic lenses.
www.eecis.udel.edu/~zyu/MCP2013/MCP%202013.pdf

I was able to do to make the outlook look like this.

The reason for the color is the HVS color calculation for Depth map assist.
But, heres the code with out that.
float3 Pinhole(float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0) : SV_Target //pinhole to array
{
float micro_size = 0.050;
float shift_x= -0.5;
float shift_y= -0.5;
float slope = 1;
float2 q = texcoord .xy / micro_size;
float2 p = floor(q);
float2 offset = q - p;
float2 shift = float2(shift_x, shift_y);
return tex2D(BackBuffer ,p*micro_size+shift+(slope*offset) );
}
Now I would like to know how to put Humpty Dumpty back together again to generate the Depth map. :D
If any one can help me please do....

This same code can be used for a DOF shader.

www.slideshare.net/ZeeKhattak/plenoptic-...ertation-zee-khattak

*Side Note* I made the array too large...........

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #295 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Please enjoy.

Blueskyknight ,

Thanks

I do one of Two things.

The depth map for AC Unity was made first. It can be a number of things. My eyes where tired. I didn't catch the Font problem. The new blur filter is not catching that font in that game for some reason. Since updating I still need to go back to some depth maps to check them out with the new code.

Also keep in mind my left eye not up to par with my right eye. I have a defect in my left so sometimes I may not catch things.

That's why I encourage people to share there settings. You can always post here your Custom Depth Map Number also Near and Far settings.

I love all kinds of feed back good or bad BTW. If any one has any questions or suggestions. Please feel free to ask.

So I always need to look for the Blackest to be close and Whitest to be Far, but I can only see it when I'm using Depth View Map ? So if using 2nd option I won't be able to see if it's black or white.
For 1 and 2, do I use the Depth view mode to see the white close and black far ? or it's only for 1 ?
Does Depth View Map works without enabling the 3D shader ? cause it doesn't seems so. only when I enable the Shader 3D I see the screen goes white and black. trying to use Fallout 4 with Alternate Depth map 0 like u suggest is the best, makes the whole screen white when the Shader 3D is enabled.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by x8009.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #296 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Ok so I settled for Plenoptic Depth Mapping for the 2D to 3D conversion.

using the Virtual pin hole cam and Virtual Plenoptic lenses.
www.eecis.udel.edu/~zyu/MCP2013/MCP%202013.pdf

I was able to do to make the outlook look like this.

The reason for the color is the HVS color calculation for Depth map assist.
But, heres the code with out that.
float3 Pinhole(float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0) : SV_Target //pinhole to array
{
float micro_size = 0.050;
float shift_x= -0.5;
float shift_y= -0.5;
float slope = 1;
float2 p = floor(q);
float2 offset = q - p;
return tex2D(BackBuffer ,p*micro_size+shift+(slope*offset) );
}
Now I would like to know how to put Humpty Dumpty back together again to generate the Depth map. :D
If any one can help me please do....

This same code can be used for a DOF shader.

www.slideshare.net/ZeeKhattak/plenoptic-...ertation-zee-khattak

*Side Note* I made the array too large...........

This is great news, even if it's something you had to settle for.

How would this method compare to the other ones considered?

It seems like an intensive process, how much will it impact performance?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Aelius Maximus.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #297 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote:

Not Too bad on performance.

I was able to re-merge the image again. so that's something.

I am going to list the code here.
To create the Plenoptic image.
float3 Pinhole(float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0) : SV_Target
{
float slope = 0.250;
float micro_size = slope/4;
float shift_x = -0.100;
float shift_y = -0.100;
float2 p = floor(q);
float2 offset = q - p;
return tex2D(SamplerHSV,p*micro_size+shift+(slope*offset) );
}

Too recombine the Plenoptic image.
float3 Render(float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD0) : SV_Target
{
float M = 0.016;
float mu = 0.063;
float2 offest = float2(-0.002,-0.002);

float2 x_mu = texcoord.xy/mu;
float2 p = floor(x_mu);
float2 q = (x_mu-p) * M;
float2 qp = q + 0.5*(mu-M);

float4 colXY = float4(0,0,0,0);
for(int i= -1; i <=1; ++i)
{
for(int j= -1; j <=1; ++j)
{
float2 ij = float2(float(i), float(j));
float2 dq = qp - ij*M;
float2 fx = (p + ij)*mu+dq + offest;

colXY +=tex2D(SamplerDM,fx);
}
}
return colXY/5;
}

Now I am working on the code that goes be tween the two.

IT's coming along though...... at least we are getting closer to a working Depth Map generation. Now I think I can got one of 3 routs. The Laplacian method, Gaussian method, or estimate by Illumination. I could do a combination of them but Im sure performance may tank.

I am uploading a really really Rough Draft of a semi working one. It's already showing a little progress.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 7 months ago #298 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

{
float slope = 0.250;
float shift_x = -0.100;
float shift_y = -0.100;
float2 p = floor(q);
float2 offset = q - p;
}

{
float M = 0.016;
float mu = 0.063;

float2 p = floor(x_mu);
float2 q = (x_mu-p) * M;

{
{
float2 dq = qp - ij*M;

}
}
return colXY/5;
}

IT's coming along though...... at least we are getting closer to a working Depth Map generation. Now I think I can got one of 3 routs. The Laplacian method, Gaussian method, or estimate by Illumination. I could do a combination of them but Im sure performance may tank.

I am uploading a really really Rough Draft of a semi working one. It's already showing a little progress.

Is it semi working as in it can be tried out? because on my end it crashes with every game i launch? Was looking forward to trying it out :D

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #299 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

{
float slope = 0.250;
float shift_x = -0.100;
float shift_y = -0.100;
float2 p = floor(q);
float2 offset = q - p;
}

{
float M = 0.016;
float mu = 0.063;

float2 p = floor(x_mu);
float2 q = (x_mu-p) * M;

{
{
float2 dq = qp - ij*M;

}
}
return colXY/5;
}

Is it semi working as in it can be tried out? because on my end it crashes with every game i launch? Was looking forward to trying it out :D

The uploads are not in usable working order. They are just saved code.

I also have learned that This turned out to be a lot harder then expected. I would need help.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 7 months ago #300 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

{
float slope = 0.250;
float shift_x = -0.100;
float shift_y = -0.100;
float2 p = floor(q);
float2 offset = q - p;
}

{
float M = 0.016;
float mu = 0.063;

float2 p = floor(x_mu);
float2 q = (x_mu-p) * M;

{
{
float2 dq = qp - ij*M;

}
}
return colXY/5;
}

The uploads are not in usable working order. They are just saved code.

I also have learned that This turned out to be a lot harder then expected. I would need help.

Is there anyone who you can enlist, who is in the same field of interest as you

I would not know where to look

And you would know best for where to look anyway.

Another bump in the road i guess, i think you will find a way.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.