3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• slayer3500
More
7 years 6 months ago #581 by slayer3500 Replied by slayer3500 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I want to thank you BlueSkyKnight for your excellent work! I have Tridef and Nvidia 3D tools and they are both garbage compared to your solution for 3D gaming! I donated cause you make me very happy!

http://imgur.com/Mm4MlSY

http://imgur.com/B4nIgAf

http://imgur.com/2TGK0UD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #582 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

AladinZ wrote: Hello. I have been using SuperDepth3D_v1.9.0_Anaglyph and in some games, it refuses to work as it incures a black screen. Currently, I'm testing it with Firewatch and no setting combination seems to resolve the issue. SuperDepth3D_v1.9.0 (side-by-side) works just fine. Am I missing something ?

Thank you.

Try to use one shader at a time remove the other one in the folder.

Only one shader should be in the folder of mine.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #583 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:
So I need to make it lighter (Whiter) on the mid and far in the image of Quantum Break ?

Not all game depth maps will look the same. Try testing it against other depth maps.

x8009 wrote: What should be better to use for games like Inside ? Should I look for always the brightest White when it's far ? and mid grey-black in mid ? and Black-grey on near or just black ? Should I need to see the graphics on the far white ? if it's too white and only see white and not graphics it's bad ?

You need more precision closer to the cam less precision as you move out.

x8009 wrote: Alternate 24

Custom_Depth_Map=4.000000
Near_Far=4.000000,2.000000

This one above my text look good just push the white back a little bit. just a little bit. I think you will get better pop in this image.

x8009 wrote:

This one here can work but you would lose some pop.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #584 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

slayer3500 wrote: I want to thank you BlueSkyKnight for your excellent work! I have Tridef and Nvidia 3D tools and they are both garbage compared to your solution for 3D gaming! I donated cause you make me very happy!

http://imgur.com/Mm4MlSY

http://imgur.com/B4nIgAf

http://imgur.com/2TGK0UD

Tridef and Nvidia 3D Have there place. They can do real 3D as well on some game. Also the community for 3D vision do Work on making games work with there system better. Tridef seems that they have only like one person working on there own program.

Keep in mind for online games with more then like 4-8 connection. I am not too sure of the threshold. Reshade will disable the depth map to help prevent cheating. In this case you would want to use Nvidia or Tridef if you want to play online.

I have been playing a few co-op games in 3D with my Friend. Like Borderlands 2 and Stay Close. We also plan to play dead rising 2. So ya my shader still seems to work online in these cases.

Thank you.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• x8009
More
7 years 6 months ago #585 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:
So I need to make it lighter (Whiter) on the mid and far in the image of Quantum Break ?

Not all game depth maps will look the same. Try testing it against other depth maps.

x8009 wrote: What should be better to use for games like Inside ? Should I look for always the brightest White when it's far ? and mid grey-black in mid ? and Black-grey on near or just black ? Should I need to see the graphics on the far white ? if it's too white and only see white and not graphics it's bad ?

Warning: Spoiler!

This one above my text look good just push the white back a little bit. just a little bit. I think you will get better pop in this image.

any recommendation on Mirror Edge Catalyst ? I will post a screenshot soon when I'm home, the 3D is a bit harsh to play the game long. I tried custom , it a lot of white which is good, and the black is near.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #586 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

any recommendation on Mirror Edge Catalyst ? I will post a screenshot soon when I'm home, the 3D is a bit harsh to play the game long. I tried custom , it a lot of white which is good, and the black is near.

Yes, Try testing the depth Map against the depth maps already listed by switching back and forth from your settings and the Depth maps 1-26 listed.

What ever looks better to you should be the one you go with.

^_^ This way you can compare if you are getting a better 3D image.

Like when you go to the eye doctor. Swap between depth maps.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• x8009
More
7 years 6 months ago #587 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote:

Yes, Try testing the depth Map against the depth maps already listed by switching back and forth from your settings and the Depth maps 1-26 listed.

What ever looks better to you should be the one you go with.

^_^ This way you can compare if you are getting a better 3D image.

Like when you go to the eye doctor. Swap between depth maps.

Thanks that's what I'm doing, it's a bit hard because the needing to go out of 3D mode when using the map depth view , as I want to see and remember exactly which one looks like what, and it's not possible. if we could only check them while in 3D mode it would be easier. anyway it's still works just need to understand this thing, the right one could make it perfect 3D while other setting could make it 50% , I just don't want to play the 50% 3D and then eventually notice that I could do it better. it would make me sad :(

• Proxish
More
7 years 6 months ago #588 by Proxish Replied by Proxish on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: Hehe , did you use the screenshot I put here :)

Yea, I did. It looked like a great image to represent Deoth3D. If you'd rather I didn't, I can change it if you like.

• x8009
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #589 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Proxish wrote:

x8009 wrote: Hehe , did you use the screenshot I put here :)

Yea, I did. It looked like a great image to represent Deoth3D. If you'd rather I didn't, I can change it if you like.

of course I don't mind . I'll just know to post more screenshots that might help. people would like to see how it looks and not many people post screenshots or images. I do it now so BlueSkyKnight can help me and others :)
But if it's good for other things I will do more so people can see how it looks like for different games. and we might compare how it should look like eventually
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by x8009.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #590 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Stay Close
Emily Wants To Play
KHOLAT
LuciusII
Dead Effect

A few more Horror games added.

Also got some games like Portal 2 Working. But, It needs a Bind to work. I will be adding how tomorrow.
Also will be adding a old DX8 game as well with DGvoodoo.

• eASTY
More
7 years 5 months ago #591 by eASTY Replied by eASTY on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
This is really great. I tried ARMA 3 and it fails to load once the shader is added to the folder. Any clues?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #592 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

eASTY wrote: This is really great. I tried ARMA 3 and it fails to load once the shader is added to the folder. Any clues?

ArmA 3 Direct3D 10+ Good Depth buffer flickering in FPS mode. Works fine in third person mode.

Not sure how it works on reshade 3.0.2

After doing a quick google search Some one has a mini guide.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=591636793

I am in a hurry. But, I am going to set up a mini Guide. tonight.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #593 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Ok updating the code for The HMD shader to make it ready for HMD profiles.

Also mini quick DGvoodoo 2 + Reshade Guide

I made this since DGvoodoo 2 to me was not easy until I found out how to use it. Also by no means I am good at making them. But, this should get you at least to the point of starting it.

The Depth map Guide Coming soon This will Be a long Guide.

I been Busy Testing out VR with LG G4. I also had to Update my Networks and Got a good deal on a www.linksys.com/us/p/P-WRT1200AC/ for 74usd. I needed AC 5ghz to have better wireless streaming.

Updates are already on GitHub. We are getting closer to a full release of 1.9.0. I am taking longer this time since I am working on 3 Version this time. I seemed to had a issue updating my shader on github. It seems to be fixed now.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, zig11727

• x8009
More
7 years 5 months ago #594 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Sadly SuperDepth doesn't work with Shadow Warrior 2 , no depth buffer.

Another thing is Reshade is doing some weird things in Quantum Break Real Videos, when there is real video it works in 3D but something cause the 3D to disable 1 sec and re enabled and it can happen 30 per 10 times, it was driving me crazy. I don't know if it's because the Videos are Real time streaming from the game servers or it's because the Reshade online protection when it detected internet packets ... anyway it's really annoying and why wouldn't us have the option just to use 3D in multiplayer games ? what cheats can we make with this shaders.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #595 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: Sadly SuperDepth doesn't work with Shadow Warrior 2 , no depth buffer.

Another thing is Reshade is doing some weird things in Quantum Break Real Videos, when there is real video it works in 3D but something cause the 3D to disable 1 sec and re enabled and it can happen 30 per 10 times, it was driving me crazy. I don't know if it's because the Videos are Real time streaming from the game servers or it's because the Reshade online protection when it detected internet packets ... anyway it's really annoying and why wouldn't us have the option just to use 3D in multiplayer games ? what cheats can we make with this shaders.

I don't know what cheats that can be used. Also I think I may also put a switch for when a movie plays you can enable a Stack Depth map. This should help with in game movies.

Other then that I don't know. But, thank you for telling me.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #596 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So some UDK games allow for realD 3D.

Like the game The Old City: Leviathan / and Daylight.

To enable RealD at start-up of your application, simply add the following to your DefaultEngine.ini file:

[RealD]
StereoEnable=true
DBAActive=true

To control / toggle it on you would use the console commands.

RealD ToggleStereo [ Enables/Disables RealD 3D (Side by Side output).]
RealD StereoWidth 1-1000 [Set Display Screen Size where Value is 2x display width in cm. (values of 100-200 are good for monitors, 400-500 good for TVs).
I use "RealD StereoWidth 40"]

udn.epicgames.com/Three/RealD.html

Also in The Old City: Leviathan you can dissable the POSTPROCESS Shader Tint by Turning it off with the Console command.

SHOW POSTPROCESS

Not perfect. But the real 3D it gives is really nice

udn.epicgames.com/Three/ConsoleCommands.html

I wonder if this works other games.... Hummmmmmm I need to test

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 5 months ago #597 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: So some UDK games allow for realD 3D.

To enable RealD at start-up of your application, simply add the following to your DefaultEngine.ini file:

[RealD]
StereoEnable=true
DBAActive=true

RealD StereoWidth 1-1000 [Set Display Screen Size where Value is 2x display width in cm. (values of 100-200 are good for monitors, 400-500 good for TVs).

Also in The Old City: Leviathan you can dissable the POSTPROCESS Shader Tint by Turning it off with the Console command.

SHOW POSTPROCESS

I wonder if this would work with the in development Unreal Tournament :D

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #598 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote:

[RealD]
StereoEnable=true
DBAActive=true

SHOW POSTPROCESS

No, since the realD plugin is not apart of UDK4 Unreal Tournament. It needs to be added. Also If some one has time time they can port my shader over to that game. I don't have the time for this port maybe later I can do that.

But, in single player and bots. :P You can use reshade. I know I know... No online 3D because the Depth Map shuts down.

Try Depth Map 26 and Depth 50 to see how it would work with bots and no online play. If you want to disappoint your self. My shader really seems to shine in UDK4.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 5 months ago #599 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

[RealD]
StereoEnable=true
DBAActive=true

SHOW POSTPROCESS

No, since the realD plugin is not apart of UDK4 Unreal Tournament. It needs to be added. Also If some one has time time they can port my shader over to that game. I don't have the time for this port maybe later I can do that.

But, in single player and bots. :P You can use reshade. I know I know... No online 3D because the Depth Map shuts down.

Try Depth Map 26 and Depth 50 to see how it would work with bots and no online play. If you want to disappoint your self. My shader really seems to shine in UDK4.

I have already tested SuperDepth3D with Unreal Tournament (there is no depth map) depth buffer shows as white screen :(

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #600 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

[RealD]
StereoEnable=true
DBAActive=true

SHOW POSTPROCESS

I have already tested SuperDepth3D with Unreal Tournament (there is no depth map) depth buffer shows as white screen :(

It must be a setting you have. Because the depth map is visible.

also here a in game pic of a bot game.

3D turns off in multi.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.