Depth buffer detection modifications

• Niko of Death
More
4 years 9 months ago #1041 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Thks a lot for taking the time to test. Is it possible for you to test those games with my previous dll (the one where the effects recompile when switching the depth buffer) ?

EDIT:
@Niko of Death, this dx12 version should fix your bug (stupid mistake i made :blush: ):

d3d12_64bits.zip mega.nz/#!69JjXaRQ!aLcryIisHJhVCc8rozPbhJcLP0LULpac_Qm-GzaFUcU

Be sure to name the dll d3d11.dll, and check if there is no dxgi.dll present in the same folder.

Ah, I've been naming the dll dxgi, why should it be d3d11 instead?
The topic has been locked.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1042 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Don't know why, but i have instabilities when naming the dll dxgi.dll, which seem to be related to the dxgiswapchain initialization. No problem when naming the dll d3d11.dll. Have you tested my last one ?
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by thalixte.
  • Niko of Death
More
4 years 9 months ago #1043 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Don't know why, but i have instabilities when naming the dll dxgi.dll, which seem to be related to the dxgiswapchain initialization. No problem when naming the dll d3d11.dll. Have you tested my last one ?

Tested with dxgi (d3d11 didn't hook for me) on HITMAN 2, seems to be working properly now. I will note that having reflections on low causes the depth buffer to be messed up whenever a reflection is being rendered, where the depth buffer is both garbled and what is visible is of the reflection depth buffer, but this is presumably an issue with the way reflections (specifically sub-native reflections) are rendered in the game, not your work.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1044 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Cool :) Oddly enough, i do all my tests by renaming the dll to d3d11.dll, so it should hook just fine.
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1045 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hey thalixte, the latest DLL you sent to me fixes the reshade reloading depth buffer switching, but there is no depth view like the DLL that works but has the reshade reload issue every depth buffer switch.
Devil may cry 5
mega.nz/#!jlYUmaJK!KRTD2P2ILdR5TpqhuRdf0hVU-hvhxG98k-lFO3zEgh8 4.3.1.116 no view depth but no reshade reload depth buffer switching

mega.nz/#!jlYUmaJK!KRTD2P2ILdR5TpqhuRdf0hVU-hvhxG98k-lFO3zEgh8 4.3.0.241 View depth but reshade reloading every depth buffer switching
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by x8009.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1046 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
With this new dll, Devil may Cry 5 depthbuffer autodetection works perfectly on my rig (i meanly tested it on this game). Can you upload a video, please ? Also, have you tested the very last dll i sent:
mega.nz/#!69JjXaRQ!aLcryIisHJhVCc8rozPbhJcLP0LULpac_Qm-GzaFUcU ?
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JBeckman
  • x8009
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1047 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: With this new dll, Devil may Cry 5 depthbuffer autodetection works perfectly on my rig (i meanly tested it on this game). Can you upload a video, please ? Also, have you tested the very last dll i sent:

yes, it works with this DLL! I cancelled all the copy and other marks.

Do you still need a video for the other DLL?
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by x8009.
  • Niko of Death
More
4 years 9 months ago #1048 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

iTest wrote: Is it possible to fix it somehow? :)

It reminds me of the pb of the depth buffer shift in "A Plague Tales Innocence". In this particular game, you have to remove the chromatic aberration.

Does Journey have such a graphic option ?

I have encountered this issue in both Journey and Flower, so I assume this has something to do with the engine (PhyreEngine, specifically ThatGameCompany's version).
Here's a collection of before/after displaydepth shots (using the before/after screenshot feature) from Flower:a imgur.com/a/goXoWJi
I will note that I tried every possible depth buffer (including every copy possible), and even tried with MSAA on (where I can get a depth buffer, but a misaligned one like usual).
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1049 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

x8009 wrote:

thalixte wrote: With this new dll, Devil may Cry 5 depthbuffer autodetection works perfectly on my rig (i meanly tested it on this game). Can you upload a video, please ? Also, have you tested the very last dll i sent:

yes, it works with this DLL! I cancelled all the copy and other marks.

Do you still need a video for the other DLL?

No, it's not necessary. Yes, it is a good practice to remove the DX12_DEPTH_BUFFER_DETECTION section from the Reshade.ini each time we test a new dll :)
  • Zireael
More
4 years 9 months ago #1050 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Could you look into Bad Company 2? Only the first person weapon/hands show up in depth buffer.
  • Uncle Crassius
More
4 years 9 months ago #1051 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Zireael wrote: Could you look into Bad Company 2? Only the first person weapon/hands show up in depth buffer.

IIRC the solution was to turn off ingame AO..
  • Insomnia
More
4 years 8 months ago #1052 by Insomnia Replied by Insomnia on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
@Thalixte

Any plans in the future to modify depth detection for OpenGL? :)
Thank you!
  • x8009
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1053 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hey, in Hitman Absolution every time there is loading the auto buffer detection doesn't detect the correct buffer or even detecting any buffer selected, causing the depth buffer to freeze so there is no real depth view. and also without loading letting the auto depth buffer select changes in the middle for example close to a wall it adds another depth buffer and selecting it instead of the correct one.
using the latest DLL version 167

examples here
Correct

Not correct letting auto-detect when close to a wall

Video

Happens after loading - the depth view froze and nothing moving

when selecting the right depth buffer
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by x8009.
  • themaxmeister
More
4 years 8 months ago #1054 by themaxmeister Replied by themaxmeister on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Has anyone ever been able to get a depth buffer in Shining Resonance Refrain ? It's a DX11 game, and I can't get anything out of it. I've tried different versions of reshade (2.0, 3.0, 4.0), and I've even tested most files posted in this thread, just to see if one would happen to work. This is the first time I really can't get any depth out of a fairly modern game with which I would expect reshade to work as intended.

Is someone knowledgeable would like to give it a try, but doesn't have the game, I'd be willing to gift them a key.
  • jas01
More
4 years 8 months ago #1055 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I guess that in-game antyaliasing is already disabled... If not try to remove it by force with nvidia inspector. Can't think about anything else here.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1056 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Nowadays, i cannot spend too much times on Reshade, but i advance in the vulkan depth buffer detection.
Can you please test this one ? I know the depth buffer detection does not work on Doom or Rage 2, but it works on No Man's Sky vulkan experimental branch, and i would like to know if it works on other vulkan games.

Reshade setup.zip.zip[strike] mega.nz/#!jpAkSA5B!uA-Ood8LzwsWzEjt-L7sluHMAotwFtEcgs8D2LChxCY [/strike]

To test it, you have to use the Reshade installer, which will create a .bat file in the game folder. In order for Reshade to work with the vulkan API, you have to launch the game with this created batch file.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by thalixte.
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1057 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Oh so that's how it's working, using something with the Vulkan layers, intersting. :)

Hmm wonder if that's going to work on Youngblood and interesting to hear that it hit issues with DOOM on SDK 1.0 and Rage 2 which should be using 1.1 so I guess there are still some potential problems with compatibility and it's not just down to the version used by the game itself or having a newer Vulkan SDK for ReShade.

Was hoping to test VLK compatibility after seeing it landing in several of the newer commits, would be fun if it worked but I suppose there are still a ways to go before it's fully there and with these API's I suppose it could have other potential issues as well depending on both how the game is doing some things and maybe even drivers and whatever AMD and NVIDIA are doing in regards to features, extensions and what not kinda like but not entirely comparable to OpenGL.

EDIT: And if injection doesn't work then maybe proxy would though I suppose that's what the JSON file is for and this layers business.
Interesting. :)

EDIT: Yep that's from the JSON file, I see.

EDIT: Aha so it's from the depth buffer then, learned something new then.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by JBeckman.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1058 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
The issues only concern the depth buffer detection part due to the depth buffer retrieving methods. In the master branch, i did not see any instabilities in Doom or Rage 2.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by thalixte.
  • JBeckman
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1059 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Ah I think I understand, makes sense the depth buffer detection would be a bit more complex judging by all the work for the D3D API even before D3D12 and the numerous additions and compatibility settings. :)

Gives some insight into the commits for VLK depth buffer detection too and the work involved in getting this set up.

EDIT: Hmm wonder if getting more logging details would be useful but eh I suppose it's going to vary from game to game how well the current code works and what is going to be needed to resolve some of these issues, going to be fun when it's all in place but it's interesting to see these current builds and the work that goes into getting this functional too.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by JBeckman.
  • Niko of Death
More
4 years 8 months ago #1060 by Niko of Death Replied by Niko of Death on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Nowadays, i cannot spend too much times on Reshade, but i advance in the vulkan depth buffer detection.
Can you please test this one ? I know the depth buffer detection does not work on Doom or Rage 2, but it works on No Man's Sky vulkan experimental branch, and i would like to know if it works on other vulkan games.

Reshade setup.zip.zip mega.nz/#!jpAkSA5B!uA-Ood8LzwsWzEjt-L7sluHMAotwFtEcgs8D2LChxCY

To test it, you have to use the Reshade installer, which will create a .bat file in the game folder. In order for Reshade to work with the vulkan API, you have to launch the game with this created batch file.

Using this build or build from your latest commits, I get a reshade64.log but no UI, I've tried disabling driver enhancements and RTSS hooks, still nothing, any ideas?
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.