Depth buffer detection modifications

• lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #481 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Halo CE (Opensauce and not)

CDBBC: luma shifting

Fix: correct luma but this :p (the white mesh is the missile launcher)
[img

[img
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by lowenz.
The topic has been locked.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #482 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Halo CE (Opensauce and not)

CDBBC: luma shifting

Fix: correct luma but this :p (the white mesh is the missile launcher)

I really think i must play with the sateblock to avoid those kind of issues :lol: Do you experiment performance pbs, like Nerrel does (it is the most important for me)... Or, is it just related to RE4 ? Thks for all your feedbacks.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by thalixte.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #483 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
No particular performances issue on a 1050 Ti.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #484 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Even with RE4 ?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by thalixte.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago #485 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I don't own the game so I cannot say about that!
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #486 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: I don't own the game so I cannot say about that!

Coud you send to me a screenshot of Halo CE in wireframe mode, when the pb occurs ? In the settings tab, you can bind a keyboard combo for this purpose. Mine is "ctrl+w". You must enable the displayDepth shader for this to work properly...
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #487 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Halo CE output image (when CDBBC+Fix are enabled) is literally "pulsing" @ the radar pulse rate :D
Here's a video:

www103.zippyshare.com/v/x2x5l1Kr/file.html

It seems that the missile launcher mesh is only an "ethereal projection" :| There's no trace in wireframe mode (you can actually see the "real" missile launcher mesh, up&left on the cliff).

[img
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #488 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hmmm. Might be a specific render target for this one...Does the depth buffer flickers according to pulsations ?
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #489 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Hmmm. Might be a specific render target for this one...Does the depth buffer flickers according to pulsations ?

In the depthdisplay mode? No, that's perfectly stable!

[img

The wireframe mode is timed? 'cause the wireframe mode automatically returns to classic displaydepth......
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #490 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

thalixte wrote: Hmmm. Might be a specific render target for this one...Does the depth buffer flickers according to pulsations ?

In the depthdisplay mode? No, that's perfectly stable!

[img

The wireframe mode is timed? 'cause the wireframe mode automatically returns to classic displaydepth......

No, it was not timed before i rewrote the code. I guess there is a little part i removed for this feature that must lead to this behaviour (was not my priority). Will fix it as soon as i can...
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #491 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Halo CE (1.0.10) shows the same behaviour WITHOUT OpenSauce ;) (I normally use OpenSauce 4.0 in Halo CE)

It's something messing up the HUD textures @the final stage of rastering process....
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #492 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Halo CE (1.0.10) shows the same behaviour WITHOUT OpenSauce ;) (I normally use OpenSauce 4.0 in Halo CE)

It's something messing up the HUD textures @the final stage of rastering process....

Ah. Good to know... Just a little question: do you test Halo CE offline or online ? Because online, i disable the wireframe mode...
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago #493 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
LAN slayer match. Simple as that.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #494 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: No, it was not timed before i rewrote the code. I guess there is a little part i removed for this feature that must lead to this behaviour (was not my priority). Will fix it as soon as i can...

Well, in other games the WF mode keeps up, so it's a specific problem of Halo CE, maybe having the same root of the HUD mess.

About the performance, here's the 50% performance hit you've wanted to see :p

46 FPS (ALL disabled)
[img

23 FPS (CDBBC+Fix and an artifact of the DB retrieving)

[img
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #495 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
So, you too have a perf impact with this technique. I wonder how i can alleviate this pb...
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #496 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: So, you too have a perf impact with this technique. I wonder how i can alleviate this pb...

First the compatibility and the correctness of the final image.....IMHO let the performance apart for now.
We know this process is taxing, nobody can rage about ;)
  • lowenz
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #497 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Here are two new dlls. I rewrote the code (cleaner now), and started from the last release versin of Reshade. So, in Far Cry, the DB should work when ALL disabled.

There's a strange behaviour:

Yours
[img

Crosire 3.4.1
[img
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by lowenz.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #498 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Yes, i found a conflict with a new depthstencil surface i introduced, and that integrates the _depth_source_table even if i do not want it. So i need to refactor some piece of codes to alleviate it (bit i have not time for it at the moment).
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by thalixte.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 5 months ago #499 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Max Payne 1 (wrapped to D3D9 thanks to Crosire wrapper)

[img
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #500 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Max Payne 1 (wrapped to D3D9 thanks to Crosire wrapper)

Thks !

I suspect the conflict mentioned previously to happen when you switch from CDBBC to normal mode in Far Cry. I have the same kind of behaviour in Outlast. Could you confirm this ?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by thalixte.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.