3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #1381 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: So, anyone tried this with Mass Effect Andromeda? Being a Frostbite game, like Dragon Age Inquisition, I thought that TriDef would probably work, but the game won't even launch and the TriDef sites have been down for ages now, so no luck there. Unfortunately SuperDepth3D also appears non-functional. Although, I am using the latest "Experimental" "Next" version, so I suppose maybe I should try the release version? Or is this simply not going to work?

And that's too bad about 3D Vision. TriDef is gone as well. SuperDepth may be about the last remaining tool for traditional stereoscopic gamers. Too bad Vorpx only supports VR rigs. Seem like it would be cake for them to support traditional 3D displays as well.

EDIT: Tried the regular 1.9.9 release and it also did not work.

Mass Effect Andromeda should work. Make sure the resolution scaling is set 1:1 with your screen resolution.

Also, make sure you check in game aa settings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr_spongeworthy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #1382 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hmmm. Still no luck. I am using ReShade 3.4.1, should I try a different version? AA is off, resolution scaling is 1:1. Tried both DM Normal and Reversed and it's the classic "full white" or "full black" screen when I show the depth map. I can't think of any other in-game setting that might cause this, can you?

EDIT - Argh! I'm beginning to think the problem might be ReShade not providing depth buffer because it thinks it is an online game. That's so frustrating. I made sure Origin overlay is turned off for MEA in the Origin settings, but if I go into the graphics settings and play around in-game, when I go back to the play screen I'll get 3D for just about 1 second before it turns off. Very much like what happens with PCars 2 when as soon as a race begins (even one that isn't online).

Anyway, I've tried every setting I can think of at my end: the 1.9.9 version and 2.x Next Experimental version, and Reshade 3.4.1 and 4.x. Nada.

If you have any other ideas for me let me know and I'll give them a try!
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #1383 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: Hmmm. Still no luck. I am using ReShade 3.4.1, should I try a different version? AA is off, resolution scaling is 1:1. Tried both DM Normal and Reversed and it's the classic "full white" or "full black" screen when I show the depth map. I can't think of any other in-game setting that might cause this, can you?

EDIT - Argh! I'm beginning to think the problem might be ReShade not providing depth buffer because it thinks it is an online game. That's so frustrating. I made sure Origin overlay is turned off for MEA in the Origin settings, but if I go into the graphics settings and play around in-game, when I go back to the play screen I'll get 3D for just about 1 second before it turns off. Very much like what happens with PCars 2 when as soon as a race begins (even one that isn't online).

Anyway, I've tried every setting I can think of at my end: the 1.9.9 version and 2.x Next Experimental version, and Reshade 3.4.1 and 4.x. Nada.

If you have any other ideas for me let me know and I'll give them a try!

I will look into it. I didn't think ME:A was an online game. Just give me time to download it. Slow internet and all.
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #1384 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
ME:A does work with this depth buffer setting for me DM1 and setting in this picture.

As for in-game settings, I set everything to low and custom resolution scaling to 1.0. Along with FXAA.

I was able to get a 3D image
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr_spongeworthy

• mr_spongeworthy
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #1385 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thank you, I will get it a try as soon as I get time!

EDIT: Had a few minutes late last night to test that and yes, it does work! Thanks, I appreciate your help. The game, even in single-player campaign mode does routinely cause brief network traffic, and of course every time that happens the depth map is lost momentarily. Only way around that I have found so far is to load-up Origin with a network connection active, then disconnect from the internet before launching ME:A. That prevents the network login from happening in-game and everything is fine from there on. Also, interestingly enough, I think the "2.0 Next" version works quite a bit better than the latest 1.9.9 version in Fallout 4, but in ME:A that situation is reversed, with the 1.9.9 version providing far less distortion than the experimental version.

After some tweaking some setting gotta say I don't know if I've ever seen SuperDepth look better in a game. Really excellent in ME:A. Also, no problems as far as I can tell with any of the in-game settings. I'm running everything maxed out, Temporal AA, the works, and SuperDepth is working fine. As far as I can tell you can even play with the custom scaling without issue.

P:S. Anyone know where the individual shader toggle hotkey function went in Reshade 4.x? The ability to add hotkeys to individual shaders is completely missing for me in any game where I've installed Rashade 4 instead of Reshade 3. (I admit, the extent to which I've attempted to resolve this is googling "shader toggle hotkeys missing ReShade 4" and then found no results other than information on the primary ReShade UI hotkey changing).
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• Akimya
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #1386 by Akimya Replied by Akimya on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Crosire has this. github.com/crosire/reshade/tree/openvr
An openvr build of ReShade. It has Headset Movement simulation. I love it. But, it studders now and then. Other than that I still love using it. Too bad, it was not updated in 2 years.

Is there any way you can share the compiled ReShade with openvr? I'v tried for 8 hours straigt today and I just can't make it. (But it was still fun... now I just need to clean everything), too bad no one is working on it atm, it can be hudge with all the new vr headset coming this year !

I also saw that you made some experimental Shaders for VR (SuperDepth3D_2.0.1_VR). Do you know if there is a way to send the game directly to the HMD or with an specific software?

Thanks also for the Depth3D, that's a great piece of work ! reminds me my old days with my 3Dvision glasses !
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Akimya.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #1387 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Akimya wrote: BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Crosire has this. github.com/crosire/reshade/tree/openvr
An openvr build of ReShade. It has Headset Movement simulation. I love it. But, it studders now and then. Other than that I still love using it. Too bad, it was not updated in 2 years.

Is there any way you can share the compiled ReShade with openvr? I'v tried for 8 hours straigt today and I just can't make it. (But it was still fun... now I just need to clean everything), too bad no one is working on it atm, it can be hudge with all the new vr headset coming this year !

I also saw that you made some experimental Shaders for VR (SuperDepth3D_2.0.1_VR). Do you know if there is a way to send the game directly to the HMD or with an specific software?

Thanks also for the Depth3D, that's a great piece of work ! reminds me my old days with my 3Dvision glasses !

Sorry about the wait. I been trying to get ready for a big move.

Information about is here as well as a compiled version.

discordapp.com/channels/3054724039774044...6/363524411283734529

• Torzi
More
4 years 11 months ago #1388 by Torzi Replied by Torzi on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Wow... just WOW! Tried the SuperDepth3D_2.0.1_Next along with Reshade 4.2.1, Man this is just stellar work!

Been playing Monster Hunter World for about a week... I've been using 3DVision/3DMigoto to generate Top n Bottom, and then I play on an Odyssey+ with VRToolBox (with a 1080). I've used an older version of SuperDepth with AC:Odyssey, and that was pretty damn fine... Thought I'd give the latest versions of everything a try to get better frames with MHW.

Dude, apart from some minor menu artifacts, I can't even tell this isn't geometry 3D. Cranked up resolution to 2560x1440, turned up all game graphics settings... Plays fantastically smooth and looks spectacular! Had to create an account just to say Well Done! Gunna buy you a case of beer next payday.

I did try the VR version, but I guess that confused me a bit... That only allows for SBS? Apart from a desktop-capture app, how else could I use this? I've been using 3DMigoto and Tridef since I got a GearVR a few years back (with stream theater), so I guess I'm just used to desktop capture.

Other thing I've been playing with is full-frame SBS/TAB. I kind of got it to work with 3DMigoto... Create custom resolutions at double the width/height, then use the scaling function in Migoto to stretch and fill, but I'm not fully convinced that I'm not just stretching out the half-frames after they're generated. Is there a way to pull this off with Reshade/SuperDepth3D? Noticed the Kaldaien mod has some resolution alerting options for MHW.

• Akimya
More
4 years 10 months ago #1389 by Akimya Replied by Akimya on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thanks a lot.
I'm able to make it work~ish now. :lol:

As for the compiling I was close I guess since I tried to compil it with :
Visual Studio 2017
Python Dev pack
Git for windows and github extension for visual studio

I also had the issue with openvr.h, but dowloaded the openvr project on github and put it on the right directory.

But I still had an issue after that, and that's when I rage quitted after 8hours of trying... Was still fun. 10/10 would waist my day again :D

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #1390 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Torzi wrote: Wow... just WOW! Tried the SuperDepth3D_2.0.1_Next along with Reshade 4.2.1, Man this is just stellar work!

Been playing Monster Hunter World for about a week... I've been using 3DVision/3DMigoto to generate Top n Bottom, and then I play on an Odyssey+ with VRToolBox (with a 1080). I've used an older version of SuperDepth with AC:Odyssey, and that was pretty damn fine... Thought I'd give the latest versions of everything a try to get better frames with MHW.

Dude, apart from some minor menu artifacts, I can't even tell this isn't geometry 3D. Cranked up resolution to 2560x1440, turned up all game graphics settings... Plays fantastically smooth and looks spectacular! Had to create an account just to say Well Done! Gunna buy you a case of beer next payday.

I did try the VR version, but I guess that confused me a bit... That only allows for SBS? Apart from a desktop-capture app, how else could I use this? I've been using 3DMigoto and Tridef since I got a GearVR a few years back (with stream theater), so I guess I'm just used to desktop capture.

Other thing I've been playing with is full-frame SBS/TAB. I kind of got it to work with 3DMigoto... Create custom resolutions at double the width/height, then use the scaling function in Migoto to stretch and fill, but I'm not fully convinced that I'm not just stretching out the half-frames after they're generated. Is there a way to pull this off with Reshade/SuperDepth3D? Noticed the Kaldaien mod has some resolution alerting options for MHW.

I apologize for the late reply.

The VR shader Still WIP. I have been Delayed since I had a big move to Hawaii, I am also going to look into correcting FOV outside the VR shader, I am happy the new shader is working out for you.

As you can tell I am back. But, in a limited capacity since I am waiting on my HardDrives.

If you need any clarification please feel free to let me know.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #1391 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Akimya wrote: Thanks a lot.
I'm able to make it work~ish now. :lol:

As for the compiling I was close I guess since I tried to compil it with :
Visual Studio 2017
Python Dev pack
Git for windows and github extension for visual studio

I also had the issue with openvr.h, but dowloaded the openvr project on github and put it on the right directory.

But I still had an issue after that, and that's when I rage quitted after 8hours of trying... Was still fun. 10/10 would waist my day again :D

Did the Reshade version I linked to you worked?

I apologize for the delay, big move and all.

• TheInfamousMaze
More
4 years 9 months ago #1392 by TheInfamousMaze Replied by TheInfamousMaze on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi BlueSkyKnight,

Thank you so much for developing Depth3D. I'm trying to play Doom 2016 and when I turn on Depth3D, the aspect ratio is not correct, perfect circle shapes look like 0s. Is there a setting I can change to stretch the image more horizontally? Thanks again.

Maze

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1393 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

TheInfamousMaze wrote: Hi BlueSkyKnight,

Thank you so much for developing Depth3D. I'm trying to play Doom 2016 and when I turn on Depth3D, the aspect ratio is not correct, perfect circle shapes look like 0s. Is there a setting I can change to stretch the image more horizontally? Thanks again.

Maze

VR HMD/HeadSet? or 3D Monitor/TV?
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• TheInfamousMaze
More
4 years 9 months ago #1394 by TheInfamousMaze Replied by TheInfamousMaze on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thanks for the quick reply! I have an HTC Vive, and I'm previewing it in 2592x1440 (figured I'd try Vive's aspect in 1440p) on my 21:9 monitor. This is how it looks on my monitor and half of that is pretty much identical to how it looks wearing the vive with Full SBS turned on with VD: i.imgur.com/ygjGaiW.jpg

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1395 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

TheInfamousMaze wrote: Thanks for the quick reply! I have an HTC Vive, and I'm previewing it in 2592x1440 (figured I'd try Vive's aspect in 1440p) on my 21:9 monitor. This is how it looks on my monitor and half of that is pretty much identical to how it looks wearing the vive with Full SBS turned on with VD: i.imgur.com/ygjGaiW.jpg

Ok, I understand now. There is no easy fix for this. Sorry. But, if you want a resolution to fix this. It will have to be the opposite.

so say your screen is 1920x1080 the resolution for PSVR you want to make a custom resolution of 1920x2160. I think this is easy on an NV GPU you can create this custom resolution. If you are on an AMD GPU I think you need a monitor of twice the resolution for this to work.

Res conversion:
1920x1080 to 1920x2160
or
960x1080 from 1920x1080 <this resolution may be to low.

Oh and keep in mind you need the image to fill your screen. Do no forget this.

The other way is to somehow adjust the horizontal FOV only in game. But, most of the time this is not possible to do. So ignore that.

The third way to fix this is to have a theater mode for VR in the shader. Here is my latest VR Based shader. github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/blob/...rDepth3D_2.0.2_VR.fx

It has a toggle for theater mode that should be playable. In full-screen mode, it will have the option to adjust FOV. FOV adjust will sacrifice screen space to fix the Aspect.

I suggest you run in theater mode.

Keep in mind this shader is getting updated much more frequently. I will add theater mode to Depth3D in the main reshade repo later.

Some Notes for the game with this shader.
github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/blob/...Settings_2.0.txt#L84

The weapon hand code will be updated in a few days. With better code.

If there is anything else you need to know don't be afraid to ask.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• TheInfamousMaze
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1396 by TheInfamousMaze Replied by TheInfamousMaze on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I was able to get the shader to appear correct on my monitor by 1. Setting the Nvidia scaling mode to full screen and 2. checking "Override scaling mode set by games and programs". However, in the Vive, the image is still not fullscreen. I need to override this somehow.

Ok I tried disabling direct mode to control vive's resolution by my gpu...don't do that, don't ever do that....that was a really bad idea. What I REALLY need to do is change the virtual desktop's resolution. Currently researching this.

- I didn't realize this was Half SBS, i got it working now.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by TheInfamousMaze.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #1397 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

TheInfamousMaze wrote: I was able to get the shader to appear correct on my monitor by 1. Setting the Nvidia scaling mode to full screen and 2. checking "Override scaling mode set by games and programs". However, in the Vive, the image is still not fullscreen. I need to override this somehow.

Ok I tried disabling direct mode to control vive's resolution by my gpu...don't do that, don't ever do that....that was a really bad idea. What I REALLY need to do is change the virtual desktop's resolution. Currently researching this.

- I didn't realize this was Half SBS, i got it working now.

Ya, come to think about it I need to list that in the shader. Because It's listed as Side by Side.

• TheInfamousMaze
More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #1398 by TheInfamousMaze Replied by TheInfamousMaze on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Is there a way to make yours Full SBS? I found it looks more 3D even though it was skewed. For now, Which settings should I use to change the depth? By the way, thanks again, I like this way more than VorpX.
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by TheInfamousMaze.

• sd_dracula
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #1399 by sd_dracula Replied by sd_dracula on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi guys, looking for the right settings to use this with the Oculus Rift headset but just cannot seem to get the 3D effect to show.
I have tried this with Doom (2016) and Fallout 4, switched off AA and tried both SBS (this stretches the image vertically quite a lot and it looks off) and also tried with Top/Bottom which makes the image look ok but I see no 3D effect whatsoever. I've been using Virtual Desktop for the Rift to display it as SBS or Top/Bottom.
The depth map looks ok so I'm not sure what else to check
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by sd_dracula.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1400 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

sd_dracula wrote: Hi guys, looking for the right settings to use this with the Oculus Rift headset but just cannot seem to get the 3D effect to show.
I have tried this with Doom (2016) and Fallout 4, switched off AA and tried both SBS (this stretches the image vertically quite a lot and it looks off) and also tried with Top/Bottom which makes the image look ok but I see no 3D effect whatsoever. I've been using Virtual Desktop for the Rift to display it as SBS or Top/Bottom.
The depth map looks ok so I'm not sure what else to check

In the Virtual Desktop app try setting it to side by side half.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.