3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #1421 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BJensie wrote: @BlueSkyKnight

In what situation do you get flickering menus? Running the game
normally I haven't come across that phenomena at any time. And,
as I said earlier, the game engine is the same for both American
Truck Simulator as for Euro Truck Simulator. In the latest release
though, they have switched from a DX9/DX11 game to a pure DX11
one.

The profile is out.
Just load Overwatch.fxh and SuperDepth3D.fx
Reset back to Defaults.
And then set the settings you want for divergence and 3D Type.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BJensie
More
4 years 4 months ago #1422 by BJensie Replied by BJensie on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
@BlueSkyKnight

Very nice! :D Thank you so much! I'll check it out!

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #1423 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
If you lovely people have not noticed yet Overwatch.fxh is growing larger every other day.

I wanted to introduce a current profile that supports Gold Source Games. With the latest ReShade Read Game Help for more info.

Since Valve removed DX from there engine and made it OpenGL only we lost 3D in this game so far. With Corsair's latest fixes we can play in 3D Again.

Yes, I tested this profile in the Mod They Hunger.

Also added a profile for The Original Strife: Veteran Edition

SoF

Make sure you look at Game Help... To read up on ways to work around issues in games.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• Sh1nRa358
More
4 years 3 months ago #1424 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Is it possible to use this to create depth on 2D only games with 3D and depth based on sprite layer? Above sprites are closer to the screen, below sprites are further into the background. For example, I'd like to use this on mugen or create a depth map on 2D only games to make them appear in 3D.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #1425 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Sh1nRa358 wrote: Is it possible to use this to create depth on 2D only games with 3D and depth based on sprite layer? Above sprites are closer to the screen, below sprites are further into the background. For example, I'd like to use this on mugen or create a depth map on 2D only games to make them appear in 3D.

Yes, this can be done each layer will be at different levels. The games need to be made in this way so it looks right. Like the game octopath traveler or mega man 2.5D
Not sure it will work with that Game you listed though.

As for a game with none of that not sure how you would.....

• Kuhlmann
More
4 years 3 months ago #1426 by Kuhlmann Replied by Kuhlmann on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I have a question.
I have an old oled tv that does side by side 3d.
So I can just load this shader and switch to side b side on tv and it should work?

• Sh1nRa358
More
4 years 3 months ago #1427 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Those examples are 2D/3D hybrid games. But what about pure 2D or 2D with parallax 2D making things appear 3D?

A guy named Milo83 made a hack for the vba gameboy core for retroarch which turned pure 2D into stereoscopic 3D.
github.com/MiLO83/3D-Libretro-Mods/tree/...er/libretro-vba_next

Can something like this be done for pure 2D things? Like assigning a depth value to a specific sprite layer is what I meant. Not hybrid 2D/3D things.

• HelpMeSomebody
More
4 years 2 months ago #1428 by HelpMeSomebody Replied by HelpMeSomebody on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Just came back to Depth3D to play the 2016 version of Doom after a long time spent just playing made for VR games. I love being able to play 2D games in 3D on my VR headset thanks to your excellent work. I do have one issue I'm trying to solve: The gun/hand model appear a little too big for the environment. How do I shrink them without losing depth? What settings should I try to adjust?

Thanks so much for this awesome tool!

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #1429 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
If you use Overwatch.fxh it will set basic settings for this game. So, Weapon Profile 6 that Overwatch has chosen is too large for you. This can be altered in a limited fashion using Weapon ZPD. It's currently set to 0.03In creasing it will make the weapon smaller but also push into your screen.

Ok now if this is not going to work for your needs. You will then need to create your own using Custom Weapon Profile. To do this set it too "Custom WP."

Here you can set the cutoff point to 0.338 and play around with Y and Z. For Reference WP6 for Doom 2016 is X0.338 Y20.0 Z9.25

After looking at this I will change the default a little. From X0.338 Y20.0 Z9.25 to X0.338 Y20.0 Z9.2

I hope this helps you.

PS:
The in-game weapon is normally Large. If you want to see the real size stand right against the wall and see the length and size. :D
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• HelpMeSomebody
More
4 years 2 months ago #1430 by HelpMeSomebody Replied by HelpMeSomebody on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: If you use Overwatch.fxh it will set basic settings for this game. So, Weapon Profile 6 that Overwatch has chosen is too large for you. This can be altered in a limited fashion using Weapon ZPD. It's currently set to 0.03In creasing it will make the weapon smaller but also push into your screen.

Ok now if this is not going to work for your needs. You will then need to create your own using Custom Weapon Profile. To do this set it too "Custom WP."

Here you can set the cutoff point to 0.338 and play around with Y and Z. For Reference WP6 for Doom 2016 is X0.338 Y20.0 Z9.25

After looking at this I will change the default a little. From X0.338 Y20.0 Z9.25 to X0.338 Y20.0 Z9.2

I hope this helps you.

Yes, that totally helps and gives me a lot to work with! Made my first ever paypal donation. It's only $20 but I wanted to show some appreciation for all your hard work and generosity with your time! I'm actually using WP33 now and it is still too big but looks awesome. I'm going to keep experimenting with your software to see if I can't get it just right.

BlueSkyKnight wrote:
PS:
The in-game weapon is normally Large. If you want to see the real size stand right against the wall and see the length and size. :D

Yes, I see what you mean. By the way I'm using Flawless Widescreen as described here to change weapon FOV to match the rest of the environment ...

www.wsgf.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=165862#p165862

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #1431 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

HelpMeSomebody wrote:
Yes, I see what you mean. By the way I'm using Flawless Widescreen as described here to change weapon FOV to match the rest of the environment ...

www.wsgf.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=165862#p165862

Thank you for the donation. It helps a lot.

Also thank you for this weapon mod. I was wondering why the weapon was so big in this game. :D

• HelpMeSomebody
More
4 years 2 months ago #1432 by HelpMeSomebody Replied by HelpMeSomebody on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Still tweaking things on Doom 2016. Game looks awesome with your shader, but I'd like to have enemies appear more life size--right now when I get up close to them they kind of look like miniatures. Is that just because I have depth separation cranked up too high? I'd like to maintain the sense of 3D depth without shrinking the perceived size of the environment/enemies. Are there other settings I could adjust to try to get this balance right?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #1433 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
You can look in shader and enable a few more options. If you want to try different things.

• dark1970
More
4 years 1 month ago #1434 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
wp profiles disappeared in the latest update

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #1435 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I moved them over to Overwatch.fxh

So if you want the profiles you have to download Overwatch.fxh alongside of SuperDepth3D. This Was due to clear up the clutter in SuperDepth3D also lets me add profiles without updating SuperDepth3D.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dark1970

• dark1970
More
4 years 1 month ago #1436 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Clear. Thank you so much for your 3D support.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1437 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Thank you TheGordinho for saving me time in inverting this image.

Hello everybody, I am releasing a free VR app that allows you to use my shader to play games in Stereo3D on your VR HMDs!

As you know there are many "VR Desktop applications already," many paid. I wanted to have a free Basic version just for my shader.

The application has a basic installer that will install the application on your system. Along with links to download ReShade and SuperDepth3D.

I hope everyone enjoys this Free VR App.

Now Basic information:

VR App Name: Depth3D VR "Companion App"
Version: 1.5
Use case: VR Games and watching Side by Side Movies
Allows Adjustments: Most Screen adjustment with two modes.
Installer Name: Depth3DVRCompanion.exe
Installer Size: 28.9 MB
Uninstaller: Yes
MD5 File Checksum: 0D70B6B344D379924474D0DCE75BE210
Requirements: Steam's OpenVR | GPU supporting DX11+ | Whatever your game requires plus a little bit more. | One watcher lizard optional.

Link: DEPTH3D.info
YouTube:

This application doesn't support Hybrid Graphics Systems. Sorry.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: guillerodriguezv

• BJensie
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1438 by BJensie Replied by BJensie on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi again! For the moment I can't use ReShade in the Truck Simulator games I use, as it conflicts with the AA scheme we use in Nvidia Profile Inspector. So, as I have used your Smart_Sharp shader, which I think is very good, to sharpen the blurry image you always get through AA, I'm missing that now. Hence the question! Would it be possible for you to make Smart_Sharp available as a filter in Nvidia Freestyle too? That would then be a good alternative, I think. I've noticed that you are about to make some filters available in Freestyle, so that's why I ask now!
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by BJensie.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #1439 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I will look into this. Is the shader not working when you drag it into FreeStyle?

In any case, I will see what I can do.

• BJensie
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #1440 by BJensie Replied by BJensie on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Ah, I haven't tested to drag it into Freestyle! I can test that, and
I'll report back later! I thought that one had to adjust it to that
environment.

EDIT: I dragged both Smart_Sharp.fx and Overwatch.fxh into
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel and after making
GeForce Experience game overlay enabled I managed to get it
working within the Truck Simulator by hitting ALT+F3 and then
choosing Smart_Sharp filter. Now I'm really happy again. Thanks
for all your hard work!
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by BJensie.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.