3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• anontsuki
More
3 years 7 months ago #1501 by anontsuki Replied by anontsuki on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hiya BlueSky! I found your AstrayFX shaders on github, probably from this website and I was really taken by the shaders you're working on. How's the progress on the RadiantGI solution going? I read the little nvidia GDC 'doc' and was intrigued because it looks like the AO solution is top-notch stuff. Any time frame on when you'll be getting close to completion with the indirect lighting and the sky lighting?

How about the other shaders, which ones are still on the to-do/to-complete list?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dante012
More
3 years 6 months ago #1502 by Dante012 Replied by Dante012 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hello! Did you make it work with Dead or Alive 5 LR? In the compatibility list, it says it's perfect, but I can't get it to work properly. Sometimes I have no depth, most of the time there's broken depth (there are screen tearing all over the place), and very rarely, I have perfect 3D, but it works only for a still scene, and as soon as I change the scene it doesn't work...

Do you have a working config with this game?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #1503 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Dante012 wrote: Hello! Did you make it work with Dead or Alive 5 LR? In the compatibility list, it says it's perfect, but I can't get it to work properly. Sometimes I have no depth, most of the time there's broken depth (there are screen tearing all over the place), and very rarely, I have perfect 3D, but it works only for a still scene, and as soon as I change the scene it doesn't work...

Do you have a working config with this game?

For Depth Map Adjustment you should read this.
github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D/wiki/...djustments#depth-map

ReShade also has a API tab. That lets you select the proper Depth buffer if don't automatically work.

I am still working on the guide. But, Depth3D has it's own system for handling depth. You need to configure it for each game in the shader. If it's listed as good then it should work in SuperDepth3D.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #1504 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

anontsuki wrote: Hiya BlueSky! I found your AstrayFX shaders on github, probably from this website and I was really taken by the shaders you're working on. How's the progress on the RadiantGI solution going? I read the little nvidia GDC 'doc' and was intrigued because it looks like the AO solution is top-notch stuff. Any time frame on when you'll be getting close to completion with the indirect lighting and the sky lighting?

How about the other shaders, which ones are still on the to-do/to-complete list?

They will come with time. The Shader is still evolving. The main thing I am working on right now is on a Super Simple Subsurface Scattering. This has taken priority over other effects. This should be a part of RadiantGI.

The Scattering Approximations works as you can see in the picture. I just need to apply it properly and that's the hard Part. Wax world may be a thing. But, it's not the goal.

• dark1970
More
3 years 6 months ago #1505 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Please, take a look at the game Cyberpunk 2077! When you receive 3D, there is a black bar on the top of the screen! In the dx12 tab, sometimes you can catch the desired line (it's very hard to catch it), but after a while the game still crashes! I don't know, maybe it's not the fault Superdepth3D, and Reshade? Tried in different Reshade 4.5.0-4.8.2 everywhere the same thing!

• HarmKaban
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1506 by HarmKaban Replied by HarmKaban on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hey! I guess they hotfixed Cyberpunk 2077 cause it does not crash for me with SuperDepth3d, BUT, and it's a big but, I can't get any 3d effect at all! Did you actually get 3D? How did you get it? What settings?
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by HarmKaban.

• dark1970
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1507 by dark1970 Replied by dark1970 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I put exactly Reshade 4.7.0 and in the dx12 tab I am looking for the desired line 1920x1080! DM1-Reversed! In Reshade 4.8 ... it's almost impossible to catch these lines!
my settings
Divergence=50.000000
ZPD_Separation=0.035000,0.100000
Auto_Balance_Ex=2
View_Mode=1
Depth_Map=1
Depth_Map_Adjust=50.000000
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by dark1970.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HarmKaban

• costiq
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1508 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
The 3D is so good when it works!
Hope BlueSkyKnight would have a look.

Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by costiq.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HarmKaban

• HarmKaban
More
3 years 6 months ago #1509 by HarmKaban Replied by HarmKaban on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thanks, mate, but still no luck on my system.... I hope they look into it and get Cyberpunk 2077 working with SuperDepth3d. I would program it myself if I knew enough about 3D.

• HarmKaban
More
3 years 6 months ago #1510 by HarmKaban Replied by HarmKaban on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Cheers! The screenshots look dope on my 3d monitor. I had no luck getting it in the game tho

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #1511 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So far I know that people got ReShade 4.0.7 to work in CyberPunk. But, you have to mess with the API Tab. I don't have the game to make a profile or add notes to Game Help file.

I will make a Profile if I get the game.

But, for now if any of you be kind and give settings and help each other please and thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: costiq

• costiq
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1512 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thank you BlueSkyKnight!

I believe making this game work stable in 3D would be another great showcase for your fantastic SuperDepth3D and reshade.

@HarmKaban
I managed to make it work using this modified reshade 4.7.0 from here:
www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=175499#p175499

Huge thanks to Chtiblue!

I've noticed lately that using the SuperDepth3D_VR.fx is easier for me to find a good 3D even if I'm using it with my 3D TV.

These are the settings I'm using:
[SuperDepth3D_VR.fx]
Adjust_Vignette=0.000000
Auto_Balance_Ex=0
Auto_Depth_Adjust=0.019000
Barrel_Distortion=0
Blinders=0.000000
Cursor_Lock=0
Cursor_SC=1,0
Cursor_Type=0
Depth_Detection=1
Depth_Edge_Mask=0.417000
Depth_Map=1
Depth_Map_Adjust=57.799999
Depth_Map_Flip=0
Depth_Map_View=0
Divergence=45.000000
Eye_Fade_Reduction_n_Power=0,0,0
FoV=0.000000
FPSDFIO=0
IPD=0
Offset=-0.004000
Performance_Mode=0
Polynomial_Colors_K1=0.220000,0.220000,0.220000
Polynomial_Colors_K2=0.240000,0.240000,0.240000
Saturation=0.000000
Sharpen_Power=0.000000
Theater_Mode=0
View_Mode=1
Weapon_Adjust=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000
Weapon_ZPD_Boundary=0.000000
WP=2
WZPD_and_WND=0.030000,0.000000
ZPD_Boundary=0
ZPD_Boundary_n_Fade=0.230000,0.250000
ZPD_Separation=0.086000,0.000000

The key to making it work for me was to go into DX12 Tab, check the Use Aspect Ratio Heuristics, and then check one of the lines below. (on different sessions, a different line seemed to work)

Unfortunately, when going into photo mode the game will crash. Also, the map screen is messed up.

• Torzi
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1513 by Torzi Replied by Torzi on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Re: Cyberpunk 2077, I appreciate everyone posting there successes and settings here, please keep it up! We may come across something yet!

I can usually get the proper depth map by:
1) Enabling DisplayDepth, and then using this to select the proper depth map from the DX12 menu of available maps. There will only be 2 or 3 from the list that will match your resolution.
2) Disable DisplayDepth, then enable SuperDepth3D or SuperDepth3D_VR with that map selected. Sometimes I can only get one or the other to work, it's not clear why. However, you know it's working when you select the 'show depth map' option, and you see something other than a blank white screen.

Ensure you have RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1 in Reshade.ini, and set the Depth Map to 'DM1 Reversed' in either of the SuperDepth configs.

I believe a major issue here is that I cannot get a true "Fullscreen Exclusive" window from the game. It's always a windows-modified fullscreen borderless window. The only reason I know for certain is that I run a non-activated version of windows 10, and the only way to get rid of the watermark to activate is to run in fullscreen exclusive. This has always caused me issues in the past getting 2D games to run properly in 3D, as well as performance issues.

I managed to get the game to run without corrupting the depth map by modifying the EXE to disable TSAA (mentioned in above post), but the esc menu screens are always half-black. I think that has to do with the FSE problem. Anyone manage to get rid of the corrupt menus?

SysInfo: Win10-1809, latest SteamVR/WMR, latest Nvidia 460.79 (game-ready for CP). i7-4770k. 16GB, GTX1080
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Torzi. Reason: including system info; resetting Subject (hopefully)

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #1514 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Cyberpunk 2077
So click here to see how to adjust depth in SuperDepth3D.fx
Depth3D Wiki

Display depth does nothing in my shader and it's not needed for SuperDepth3D to function Nor the ReShade in menu settings.

• klotim
More
3 years 6 months ago #1515 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Cyberpunk 2077
why is the thread called cyberpunk 2077?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 6 months ago #1516 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
What?

• costiq
More
3 years 6 months ago #1517 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077
Update:

I managed to play crash free by downgrading the game resolution from DSR 2560x1440 to 1920x1080!

At this resolution there's no more need to check any other line in the DX12 Tab apart from Use Aspect Ratio Heuristics.

All looks good now, except the map view which is still a pixel mess...

Sure, I'd love to be able to play it at 1440, but 1080 (or even 720) is 100 times better in 3D than even 8K in flat 2D.

The game looks gorgeous in stereoscopic 3D! Thank you BlueSkyKnight!!!

• Torzi
More
3 years 6 months ago #1518 by Torzi Replied by Torzi on topic Cyberpunk 2077

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Display depth does nothing in my shader and it's not needed for SuperDepth3D to function Nor the ReShade in menu settings.

I'm only using DisplayDepth to try understand what's going on with the depth maps, and to point me to the right one to use in the DX12 list. This is where I'm having problems... they keep getting corrupt somehow as time goes on, and a new map needs to be selected with each screen change (map, menus, play, etc.). Over time, none of the depth maps have any useful depth data anymore, and I'll have to exit and restart.

@costiq: What video card and drivers are you using? Windows version? I've had luck with the map... it actually has its own depth map and displays in 3D. tapping 'm' twice changes your perspective on the map. I usually have to go into the DX12 list and select the right depth map though.

What's the difference between to 4.7.0 and the 'MOD' version?

• costiq
More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1519 by costiq Replied by costiq on topic Cyberpunk 2077
Hi Torzi,

My system:
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
System Manufacturer GIGABYTE
System Model AORUS 15G XB
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
RTX 2070 SUPER Max-Q Laptop
GeForce Game Ready 460.79 WHQL driver

Thank you for the map tip! I will try it after work and report back.

As for the 'MOD' version, I'm not sure what exactly it does. I only noted that if choosing it, it will give you no option to install any shaders at all. The SuperDepth3D has to be first installed through a non-moded version of ReShade (or manually?).
For me, using any non-moded ReShade would result in the game crashing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Torzi

• Torzi
More
3 years 6 months ago #1520 by Torzi Replied by Torzi on topic Cyberpunk 2077
Bah! Found it I think... Still needs more testing, but see if it works for you.

Leave "Color Precision" set to "High" in the graphics settings, anything lower messes with the depth maps. Been running around the city all night, works like a champ. Menus and the map as well.

I did have to manually select the right depth map in the D3D12 list after I loaded my game, then reload Reshade (with superdepth enabled) for it to initialize, then it was good to go until I alt-tabbed out. It's the one at the resolution you're running the game at with the 2nd highest number of calls (usually in 300-500 range from what I saw)

I was testing with 4.8.1. I'll test the later tomorrow, but I'm betting it'll work fine. Didn't have to use a modified Cyberpunk EXE or anything.... just works. It's not completely crash free, but this game still needs work. Once my settings stabilized, it played for quite a while without crashing.

What a gift this software is! Great work BlueSkyKnight, Crosire, and the rest of the Reshade team!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.