3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

More
4 weeks 15 hours ago #1561 by wfmxx
Replied by wfmxx on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Although not terribly important for me right now I didn't want to this leave hanging, so I tried a bunch of stuff even setting custom frequencies in the 29-30 Hz range. Tried another simple game with a few more controls (Hollow Knight), VSync On/Off, Frame Cap On/Off, Different resolutions and frame rates.
Companion App:
Consistent 3 frame temporal blur, a bit stutter, but less dependent on game settings.
Steam Theater:
Fairly consistent 2 frame blur, a lot of stutter unless you set low resolution and Vsync off. Once for a brief moment, there was "perfection" with no temporal blur (i.e. 1 frame no-blur) and no stutter - this happened after switching between desktop and the game. It held until I exited a room (in the game) and I could never achieve it again (trying to do the same thing).
WMR Desktop view:
2 frame temporal blur, but frames seem less separated in time (compared to Steam and companion app). Probably least stutter of all three.

Any I'm gonna call that a day, I'm really happy just playing on my 3DTV for now ... so let's hope it doesn't break. Cheers all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #1562 by Fokus
Replied by Fokus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Should I keep using SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_Two.fx for normal 3D and not HMD ? or should I use SuperDepth3D_Reprojection.fx ? because it seems if I remember the  Reporjection.fx  looked better in Rivals and with the Two it's hard to have the same effect, or I imagining that ? what are the actual differences between the two in performance or quality or settings. because would a game example Rivals will look better with  Reprojection.fx  without changing much settings or it will look Reprojection_Two better with changing the settings there ? there are so many settings I don't even know where to begin... and you update it which is a good thing, but it's complicated things cause I don't know what to choose from or how to set it .. So hard

More
1 week 6 days ago #1563 by BlueSkyKnight
Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

wfmxx wrote: Although not terribly important for me right now I didn't want to this leave hanging, so I tried a bunch of stuff even setting custom frequencies in the 29-30 Hz range. Tried another simple game with a few more controls (Hollow Knight), VSync On/Off, Frame Cap On/Off, Different resolutions and frame rates.
Companion App:
Consistent 3 frame temporal blur, a bit stutter, but less dependent on game settings.
Steam Theater:
Fairly consistent 2 frame blur, a lot of stutter unless you set low resolution and Vsync off. Once for a brief moment, there was "perfection" with no temporal blur (i.e. 1 frame no-blur) and no stutter - this happened after switching between desktop and the game. It held until I exited a room (in the game) and I could never achieve it again (trying to do the same thing).
WMR Desktop view:
2 frame temporal blur, but frames seem less separated in time (compared to Steam and companion app). Probably least stutter of all three.

Any I'm gonna call that a day, I'm really happy just playing on my 3DTV for now ... so let's hope it doesn't break. Cheers all.

So WMR has been an issue. I am switching over to XR in the next update. So this issue still getting worked on.

I will post when the next version is ready.

More
1 week 6 days ago #1564 by BlueSkyKnight

Should I keep using SuperDepth3D_Reprojection_Two.fx for normal 3D and not HMD ? or should I use SuperDepth3D_Reprojection.fx ? because it seems if I remember the  Reporjection.fx  looked better in Rivals and with the Two it's hard to have the same effect, or I imagining that ? what are the actual differences between the two in performance or quality or settings. because would a game example Rivals will look better with  Reprojection.fx  without changing much settings or it will look Reprojection_Two better with changing the settings there ? there are so many settings I don't even know where to begin... and you update it which is a good thing, but it's complicated things cause I don't know what to choose from or how to set it .. So hard

If you are using the new shaders use superdepth3D.fx for 3D monitors and SuperDepth3D_VR+.fx for A HMD. With the companion app. 

also I am working on 1.9.5 that should........... solve some issues on wmr headsets. The new method has come a long way. Try them out.

More
1 week 4 days ago #1565 by DasaMan
Replied by DasaMan on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi,

I am trying the anaglyph mode for this shader. Is there any way to twrak the red blue color? They still ghost heavily on my glasses

More
1 week 3 days ago #1566 by DasaMan
Replied by DasaMan on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I have tried several anaglyph glasses, most right eye blue filter fits the red/blue dubois mode, but none left eye filter works, all ghosting heavily.

Any suggestions?

More
1 week 5 hours ago #1567 by Atomvolk
Replied by Atomvolk on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi!

Just a quick question.. Is it possible to keep the image in stereoscopy mode when opening settings with HOME key? For superderpth3D_VR+, it now change to a double overlaying images when going into settings. It is really hard to fine tune settings without seeing it in 3D. Maybe a 0 1 switching somewhere in the code?

Thx a in advance! I love your shaders!

More
6 days 10 hours ago #1568 by Torzi
Replied by Torzi on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: I am switching over to XR in the next update.

Wow! Can't wait to try it! You've been busy!

I also didn't realize what was going on with the Super3D_Mode until I came back from playing with SD3D_VR+ in HelixVision... This is fantastic work that really needs to be explained and promoted! I remember seeing the funky colors switching 3D modes in Companion App, and at first thought it was for something my setup didn't support. It didn't click until Bo3b mentioned you were doing something with the color comression channels to pass more data. Genius! Cyberpunk is beautiful!

I would at least put a note below the Companion App download on what it does and how to enable it. I know it's as simple as set Super3D_Mode=1 and select Super3D mode in Comanion App, but I didn't really understand what you had done, and it's HUGE!

Also wanted to mention that KB5000842 is breaking WMR at the moment, and that the bug is also present in the Windows insider builds. Was wondering if @ wfmxx was using either of those, as I got similar results after updating. Rolling back that update immediately cleared things up for me.

More
6 days 10 hours ago #1569 by BlueSkyKnight

DasaMan wrote: I have tried several anaglyph glasses, most right eye blue filter fits the red/blue dubois mode, but none left eye filter works, all ghosting heavily.

Any suggestions?

Since you are using the anaglyph 3D mode you can use another shader after it to control the color output. Ya sometimes monitor color accuracy and or the filter quality can effect this. But, maybe when I have time I will add color adjustment options for this mode.

More
6 days 10 hours ago - 6 days 10 hours ago #1570 by BlueSkyKnight

Atomvolk wrote: Hi!

Just a quick question.. Is it possible to keep the image in stereoscopy mode when opening settings with HOME key? For superderpth3D_VR+, it now change to a double overlaying images when going into settings. It is really hard to fine tune settings without seeing it in 3D. Maybe a 0 1 switching somewhere in the code?

Thx a in advance! I love your shaders!

When I have time I will add a checkbox for this. Because that 3D mode is made for the Depth3D VR Companion App. So when you open the menu it does this CheckerBoard pattern, so it can pass the ReShade UI info. This is so that you can adjust it in VR. But, I didn't think about other applications. What application are you using to view the stereo image?
Last edit: 6 days 10 hours ago by BlueSkyKnight.

More
6 days 9 hours ago - 6 days 9 hours ago #1571 by BlueSkyKnight

Torzi wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: I am switching over to XR in the next update.

Wow! Can't wait to try it! You've been busy!

I also didn't realize what was going on with the Super3D_Mode until I came back from playing with SD3D_VR+ in HelixVision... This is fantastic work that really needs to be explained and promoted! I remember seeing the funky colors switching 3D modes in Companion App, and at first thought it was for something my setup didn't support. It didn't click until Bo3b mentioned you were doing something with the color comression channels to pass more data. Genius! Cyberpunk is beautiful!

I would at least put a note below the Companion App download on what it does and how to enable it. I know it's as simple as set Super3D_Mode=1 and select Super3D mode in Comanion App, but I didn't really understand what you had done, and it's HUGE!

Also wanted to mention that KB5000842 is breaking WMR at the moment, and that the bug is also present in the Windows insider builds. Was wondering if @ wfmxx was using either of those, as I got similar results after updating. Rolling back that update immediately cleared things up for me.

Yes, It's hard to keep up with all the news. Didn't know about KB5000842.

As for Super3D the new format I made it work on the same concept on how our eyes perceive clarity.

By decreasing the resolution allocated to "color" as compared to "luminance". This is done because we are more sensitive to the Luma information.

So I was able to get a mark improvement in image quality.

4:2:0 per eye.... But, your brain should resolve it to 4:2:2. And since it's in the HMD It hard to tell the difference between this and a full color/res image 4:4:4. Your brain is powerful. 

imgsli.com/Mzg2MDg

File Attachment:

Yes I should communicate this better. Also, Smart Sharp Jr is now a part of the VR+ shader. Should make things looks super clear.
Last edit: 6 days 9 hours ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Torzi

More
5 days 14 hours ago - 5 days 14 hours ago #1572 by Atomvolk
Replied by Atomvolk on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

When I have time I will add a checkbox for this. Because that 3D mode is made for the Depth3D VR Companion App. So when you open the menu it does this CheckerBoard pattern, so it can pass the ReShade UI info. This is so that you can adjust it in VR. But, I didn't think about other applications. What application are you using to view the stereo image?

Oh right! I'm using Virtual Desktop yes. I will retry the companion app, I guess it has evolved since last time I tried it, almost a year ago.

Thx!
Last edit: 5 days 14 hours ago by Atomvolk.