3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

More
1 month 1 week ago #1481 by WOWvxWim
Replied by WOWvxWim on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Yeah! That works perfectly.

I've to admit I was testing things out with an Intel4600 chipset :blush: ... this makes even FullHD not always possible. But once I found out your shader works well I upgraded to a more decent video card this weekend :woohoo: , one more problem solved!

One issue I noticed when running some games, like Viva PiƱata for example, the in-game mouse pointer is stretched and moves at twice the distance in horizontal direction, but I saw another item in this forum talking about that problem where you suggested to use the custom reshade cursor. So I'll just do that, its a minor item. ( reshade.me/forum/shader-troubleshooting/...ammer-2-mouse-cursor ).

Also most games don't project text well in the 3D plane, usually text popups are not in the depth map. I think this will also happen with other 3D views like VR? I did noted that for the WOWvx to project text in focus it needs to be neutral "gray" value in the depth map. I uploaded two videos from the Philips Demo CD for your reference:




Especially with the "Hakim" video it seems that they pulled some tricks to make the texts more readable. The text does appear to pop-out of the screen but remains readable! I don't quite understand this yet, I think it is something that Philips calls the depth map a "disparity map" in the white paper. Here I also read something about "Declipse content" that seems related WOWvx PlayerAPI User Manual & Maya plug-in .

I'm not expecting you to integrate all this for WOWvx, but perhaps it is also useful information for other 3D formats for VR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #1482 by WOWvxWim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 1 day ago #1483 by xBonzaii
Replied by xBonzaii on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hey BlueSkyKnight,

I'm a big fan of your shader pack, especially your TAA shader, I use it as a subtle motion blur effect. Thank you!

However, I've started to notice a small problem with said shader. There's always a small flickering dot in the lower left corner.
Would it be possible to add a few lines at the end of that shader? Maybe you could simply replace the lower left pixel with the one from the original frame?

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this, thanks in advance!
Last edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by xBonzaii.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #1484 by BlueSkyKnight
Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

xBonzaii wrote: Hey BlueSkyDefender,

I'm a big fan of your shader pack, especially your TAA shader, I use it as a subtle motion blur effect. Thank you!

However, I've started to notice a small problem with said shader. There's always a small flickering dot in the lower left corner.
Would it be possible to add a few lines at the end of that shader? Maybe you could simply replace the lower left pixel with the one from the original frame?

I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this, thanks in advance!


I adjusted this so that it needs to be enabled in side the shader so it should not blink anymore.

Just wait a few days because I am moving the shaders in their own repository.

I want to keep my Depth3D shaders and VR stuff in its own repo. So my other shaders can be used a bit more.
Last edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: xBonzaii

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago - 2 weeks 6 days ago #1485 by xBonzaii
Replied by xBonzaii on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: I adjusted this so that it needs to be enabled in side the shader so it should not blink anymore.

Just wait a few days because I am moving the shaders in their own repository.

I want to keep my Depth3D shaders and VR stuff in its own repo. So my other shaders can be used a bit more.


Thank you for the quick response! Awesome that you'll take the time to fix it, I'll be looking forward to future updates. ;)

In the meantime I've actually found a small temporary fix, I'm using Layer.fx to turn those pixels black.

Also, is eMotionBlur.fx currently in a working state? Because it doesn't seem to be doing anything on my end, even when the depth buffer seems to be selected correctly..
Last edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by xBonzaii.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #1486 by BlueSkyKnight
Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

xBonzaii wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: I adjusted this so that it needs to be enabled in side the shader so it should not blink anymore.

Just wait a few days because I am moving the shaders in their own repository.

I want to keep my Depth3D shaders and VR stuff in its own repo. So my other shaders can be used a bit more.


Thank you for the quick response! Awesome that you'll take the time to fix it, I'll be looking forward to future updates. ;)

In the meantime I've actually found a small temporary fix, I'm using Layer.fx to turn those pixels black.

Also, is eMotionBlur.fx currently in a working state? Because it doesn't seem to be doing anything on my end, even when the depth buffer seems to be selected correctly..


So I updated and moved TAA to the new repo.

I will have to look in too eMotionBlur............. that shader needs works . But, updates will be coming to the shaders just give me time. Since I'm also planing on releasing a Free Ray Casting Global Illumination shader. That will be coming to the repo along with other new shaders.

blueskydefender.github.io/AstrayFX/ This is still under construction.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.