3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• mr_spongeworthy
More
4 years 8 months ago #1401 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Just tried out version 2.0.1 in the latest Experimental build in MEA and a few other games and once again I'm really impressed by how far this has come. Not that I want you to give up working on it, but I can't really see where it could get much better. I've also found that the later versions have a much better balance between near and far scene depth when used with the default settings. For the most part I no longer have to play with it extensively to get it to look like I want.

Try it with the MEA First Person mod, looks amazing. I do still think you should play with an automatic scene-based variable "depth map offset" some day: In a wide open view offset to zero. When looking at a scene where your POV is only a few feet from anything (i.e. such as when walking up to a door in a wall) the depth map offset maybe way higher. Might also work for cut-scenes). I don't know if that's even possible to implement in ReShade, but it would be a way to add more depth to certain scenes that remain a bit too flat .To see what I mean go into a conversation scene in a game like Witcher 3, where it will wait for you forever to select your responses, and notice howthere isn't much depth. Then go to the Depth Map Offset setting and just keep raising it until the scene has good depth. It would be very cool if SuperDepth could do that automagically.)

And congratulations on your move to Hawaii. Can I ask which island? Hope you enjoy living there as much as we enjoy visiting. I've been to the Big Island many times. Spend most of my time snorkeling!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1402 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: Just tried out version 2.0.1 in the latest Experimental build in MEA and a few other games and once again I'm really impressed by how far this has come. Not that I want you to give up working on it, but I can't really see where it could get much better. I've also found that the later versions have a much better balance between near and far scene depth when used with the default settings. For the most part I no longer have to play with it extensively to get it to look like I want.

Try it with the MEA First Person mod, looks amazing. I do still think you should play with an automatic scene-based variable "depth map offset" some day: In a wide open view offset to zero. When looking at a scene where your POV is only a few feet from anything (i.e. such as when walking up to a door in a wall) the depth map offset maybe way higher. Might also work for cut-scenes). I don't know if that's even possible to implement in ReShade, but it would be a way to add more depth to certain scenes that remain a bit too flat .To see what I mean go into a conversation scene in a game like Witcher 3, where it will wait for you forever to select your responses, and notice howthere isn't much depth. Then go to the Depth Map Offset setting and just keep raising it until the scene has good depth. It would be very cool if SuperDepth could do that automagically.)

And congratulations on your move to Hawaii. Can I ask which island? Hope you enjoy living there as much as we enjoy visiting. I've been to the Big Island many times. Spend most of my time snorkeling!

I am on the garden island of Kauai. Offset too unreliable to make it work as you want. True some Cut-scenes doe cause issue and should be addressed game by game. But, would be a lot of work.

To bad the game can't communicate to the shader ^_^. To say Hey I am doing a cut scene well maybe it can.... If it does that letterboxing.......

• Sh1nRa358
More
4 years 7 months ago #1403 by Sh1nRa358 Replied by Sh1nRa358 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
It can communicate with reshade with the help of ahk. if you can find a constant hex value that identifies this scene, you can get ahk to change the settings of the shader until that scene goes away.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1404 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
What is ahk? I am not familiar with that abbreviation.

• Devil Master
More
4 years 7 months ago #1405 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: What is ahk? I am not familiar with that abbreviation.

I'm assuming it's AutoHotKey. www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=41893

• fellonblackdays
More
4 years 7 months ago #1406 by fellonblackdays Replied by fellonblackdays on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
just like to say thanks bluesky for keeping 3d alive, ive come to report that control work fine in 3d using the packed in depth3d shader, i havent tested using the 2.0.5 superdepth3d, i just installed it now so i will test it later, im posting here mostly so someone can help me find a happy medium of which i can enjoy the depth please ;p

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1407 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

fellonblackdays wrote: just like to say thanks bluesky for keeping 3d alive, ive come to report that control work fine in 3d using the packed in depth3d shader, i havent tested using the 2.0.5 superdepth3d, i just installed it now so i will test it later, im posting here mostly so someone can help me find a happy medium of which i can enjoy the depth please ;p

what do you mean by happy medium? Both shaders should work. Also, make sure you disable Motion blur.

Devil Master wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: What is ahk? I am not familiar with that abbreviation.

I'm assuming it's AutoHotKey. www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=41893

Not sure how to use AutoHotKey for this.Thank you for telling me.

• fellonblackdays
More
4 years 7 months ago #1408 by fellonblackdays Replied by fellonblackdays on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
happy medium, i mean settings which are enjoyable, im completely new to toying around with it.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1409 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

fellonblackdays wrote: happy medium, i mean settings which are enjoyable, im completely new to toying around with it.

That's part of the fun. Adjust it to what looks/feels good to you. If you want more control in SuperDepth3D 2.0.5 You can open it up and change the preprocessor to enable more things.

• fellonblackdays
More
4 years 7 months ago #1410 by fellonblackdays Replied by fellonblackdays on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thanks bluesky, I've found my way around your tool and have come up with a few profiles for re2, re7 and control, another thing is how godly you are for integrating line interlacing, I just edid my sony x900c and I just found out that it supported your mode in full. I have seen your name come up plenty in the nvidia 3d forums and since it is now an unnavigatable mess, I'm ask if you have one of the 4k 3d hdr edid on hand?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #1411 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

fellonblackdays wrote: Thanks bluesky, I've found my way around your tool and have come up with a few profiles for re2, re7 and control, another thing is how godly you are for integrating line interlacing, I just edid my sony x900c and I just found out that it supported your mode in full. I have seen your name come up plenty in the nvidia 3d forums and since it is now an unnavigatable mess, I'm ask if you have one of the 4k 3d hdr edid on hand?

Two I have are here.
www.mediafire.com/file/xe2gekx14fz5eam/55UH8500MOD.inf/file
www.mediafire.com/file/y1c5ucabebuyxgd/acermod4kMOD.inf/file

Depth3D do not need the EDIDs But the 55UH8500MOD should have the HDR profiles. But as the same suggests it's for that TV.

But, ya you can make your own HDR modded EDID by Modding the Acer4K EDID. You just need to copy your own's tv HDR block.

Hope this helps. you.

If you come on Discord I can point to someone that has the ones from the forums.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• fellonblackdays
More
4 years 7 months ago #1412 by fellonblackdays Replied by fellonblackdays on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
How would I go about adding the hdr block?

• tOXicSilence
More
4 years 4 months ago #1413 by tOXicSilence Replied by tOXicSilence on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hey BlueSkyKnight and everyone!

Thank you so much for this shader, incredible work that adds a new dimension to my existing library (pun intended).

I have a crazy idea: would it be possible to combine this tech with webcam head tracking to allow 3D effects without glasses on any TV or monitor, even if they don't support 3d? This is a video of the technology:

If possible, this would dramatically increase the audience since no 3d equipment is required. Just a thought! Curious to hear the feasibility :-)

Much appreciated, keep up the great work! (first time I actually donated to a project)

Robin

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #1414 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

tOXicSilence wrote: Hey BlueSkyKnight and everyone!

Thank you so much for this shader, incredible work that adds a new dimension to my existing library (pun intended).

I have a crazy idea: would it be possible to combine this tech with webcam head tracking to allow 3D effects without glasses on any TV or monitor, even if they don't support 3d? This is a video of the technology:

If possible, this would dramatically increase the audience since no 3d equipment is required. Just a thought! Curious to hear the feasibility :-)

Much appreciated, keep up the great work! (first time I actually donated to a project)

Robin

This requires external Tracking.

But, I already have a shader that can do this.

This kind of tracking may come in time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tOXicSilence

• tOXicSilence
More
4 years 4 months ago #1415 by tOXicSilence Replied by tOXicSilence on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thank you for the response, BlueSkyKnight! That's awesome :-) Fascinated by the possibilities. Yes, external tracking. Wasn't clear when I said "no 3d equipment", but still more webcams out there than 3dTVs I thought. Take care and thanks for this amazing contribution!

• mr_spongeworthy
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #1416 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I see there is a very old video of the setup for using SuperDepth3D/VR. Just wondering if there is a more recent guide somewhere out there? I do finally have a Pimax 5K+ (very, very nice) and for the most part native VR and Vorpx is working well, but there are some titles I think would work better with SuperDepth (for example, Fallout 4, of course. What a PITA that game engine is).

Hmm, now I see in Experimental that there is an actual superdepth3d_2.0.6_VR.fx available, and something else entirely new (to me) called Overwatch which apparently helps automate certain settings. Anyway, just wondering if there is any sort of a guide out there so that there is less guesswork involved? I'm assuming I need to use the experimental VR version for example, but without some instructions (which I haven't been able to find), I'm not really sure.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #1417 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: I see there is a very old video of the setup for using SuperDepth3D/VR. Just wondering if there is a more recent guide somewhere out there? I do finally have a Pimax 5K+ (very, very nice) and for the most part native VR and Vorpx is working well, but there are some titles I think would work better with SuperDepth (for example, Fallout 4, of course. What a PITA that game engine is).

Hmm, now I see in Experimental that there is an actual superdepth3d_2.0.6_VR.fx available, and something else entirely new (to me) called Overwatch which apparently helps automate certain settings. Anyway, just wondering if there is any sort of a guide out there so that there is less guesswork involved? I'm assuming I need to use the experimental VR version for example, but without some instructions (which I haven't been able to find), I'm not really sure.

Ya Guides are all over the place. I have been Tying to make make it easier for people with the Introduction of Overwatch.fxh. It does automate a lot of settings for the games I do have.

Since SuperDepth3D is a complicated shader to use and many fixes for stubborn games are done by me. I the best way was to make a shader like Overwatch.

I have been trying to work on it when I can. I have just been busy. I will make proper guides when I can. I will try to make them short. But, With a shader this Large and complicated. It's hard to do it on my own.

Give me a long time :D. I will get around to it.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• BJensie
More
4 years 4 months ago #1418 by BJensie Replied by BJensie on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
@BlueSkyKnight

I once talked to you about settings for EuroTruck Simulator 2 game and you were
kind enough to help out with it's settings. I then also mentioned that the same game
creator SCS Software also make another game called American Truck Simulator. It
has the same game engine and roughly the only difference between the two is where
the maps are located, Europe versus America.

So, it would be nice if you also included that game into your marvelous shader system,
as it has exactly the same settings as it's European counterpart. In your system it might
have a different numeric ID, but all else ought to be the same. Thank you in advance and
thank you for all the splendid work you've done!

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #1419 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BJensie wrote: @BlueSkyKnight

I once talked to you about settings for EuroTruck Simulator 2 game and you were
kind enough to help out with it's settings. I then also mentioned that the same game
creator SCS Software also make another game called American Truck Simulator. It
has the same game engine and roughly the only difference between the two is where
the maps are located, Europe versus America.

So, it would be nice if you also included that game into your marvelous shader system,
as it has exactly the same settings as it's European counterpart. In your system it might
have a different numeric ID, but all else ought to be the same. Thank you in advance and
thank you for all the splendid work you've done!

I will look for a demo for American Truck Simulator and I will update Overwatch.fxh if I find that demo.

Got it working but it has flickering Menus issues. Do you know how to fix that?
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• BJensie
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #1420 by BJensie Replied by BJensie on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
@BlueSkyKnight

In what situation do you get flickering menus? Running the game
normally I haven't come across that phenomena at any time. And,
as I said earlier, the game engine is the same for both American
Truck Simulator as for Euro Truck Simulator. In the latest release
though, they have switched from a DX9/DX11 game to a pure DX11
one.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by BJensie.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.