3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago #301 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
ReShade_Setup_3.0.0b6.exe adds ReShade.fxh if you choose to download the shaders. We still don't need it for SuperDepth3D.fx ? but we need it for all the other shaders for example SMAA and such ?

Can we use SMAA with SuperDepth3D ? that's the only AA technique I really like I guess .

Reshade adds new files with INI ext automatically now, I didn't add on the ones before, they are just without ext , I will try to add INI so they will read from the settings before.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Arioch
More
7 years 7 months ago #302 by Arioch Replied by Arioch on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I tried this on Assassin's Creed:Blag Flag. I went through various depth maps and noticed I would get no real 3D unless I disabled the HUD in the options. Is there a tweak to fix this issue and still be able to use the HUD?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #303 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: ReShade_Setup_3.0.0b6.exe adds ReShade.fxh if you choose to download the shaders. We still don't need it for SuperDepth3D.fx ? but we need it for all the other shaders for example SMAA and such ?

Can we use SMAA with SuperDepth3D ? that's the only AA technique I really like I guess .

Reshade adds new files with INI ext automatically now, I didn't add on the ones before, they are just without ext , I will try to add INI so they will read from the settings before.

'

Same here. I am downloading the new Reshade right now to test it out. I will get back to you on this.

*Update* OK I tested it with the SMAA and it seems to works in all 3 modes. Also I placed my shader at very bottom of the list. I did this by dragging it. It seems to work better if Depth3D is at the bottom of the shader tree.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight. Reason: *update

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #304 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Arioch wrote: I tried this on Assassin's Creed:Blag Flag. I went through various depth maps and noticed I would get no real 3D unless I disabled the HUD in the options. Is there a tweak to fix this issue and still be able to use the HUD?

Not sure whats going on in that game. Maybe the Hud interferes with the Depth Map retrieval of reshade. This may be a question for Crosire. Not sure if anything can be done about that.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #305 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Arioch wrote: I tried this on Assassin's Creed:Blag Flag. I went through various depth maps and noticed I would get no real 3D unless I disabled the HUD in the options. Is there a tweak to fix this issue and still be able to use the HUD?

Not sure whats going on in that game. Maybe the Hud interferes with the Depth Map retrieval of reshade. This may be a question for Crosire. Not sure if anything can be done about that.

AFAIK some of this kind of thing will always be present. For example, I recently tried it with Witcher 3 (looks GREAT) and I had to turn off my Riva Tuner overlay or I would get zero depth EXCEPT when in the game menus. Riva works just fine with FO4 and SuperDepth3D however... So expect some hit-and-miss game by game...
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #306 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So do you maintain a public-release thread for this, or do you still consider it purely a work-in-progress?

I ask because I've been meaning to post a Stereoscopic Resources "mod" on the Nexus, which will include my TriDef P3D profile, some screenshots so people will know what to expect, and then links to some other resources which are handy for stereoscopic setups. For example, I'll link to a couple of mods that change transparency and reflection effects in FO4 since stereoscopic rendering often has issues with those (in this case, Better Fake Reflections and Power Armor HUD - no Transparency). I'll also probably port links to TriDef and Vireio (even though it isn't anywhere near ready to use). If I have time I'll also post a few brief tips on getting things to work. (Like turning off screen overlays.)

If you want me to link to SuperDepth3D let me know and I'll do that as well; just let me know the url you wish me to link to. (I would like to, I think it's a great resource, but last thing you probably want is a bunch of people trying an alpha/beta and bugging you about it.)

BTW, those Better Fake Reflections and Power Armor HUD no Transparency mods really work well with your shader.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 7 months ago #307 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
It's best to disable any kind fo overlay before hand. AC Black Flag was an exception where the games hud acted as an overlay and interfered with the depth map, I'm not aware of any other games that do this
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #308 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: So do you maintain a public-release thread for this, or do you still consider it purely a work-in-progress?

I ask because I've been meaning to post a Stereoscopic Resources "mod" on the Nexus, which will include my TriDef P3D profile, some screenshots so people will know what to expect, and then links to some other resources which are handy for stereoscopic setups. For example, I'll link to a couple of mods that change transparency and reflection effects in FO4 since stereoscopic rendering often has issues with those (in this case, Better Fake Reflections and Power Armor HUD - no Transparency). I'll also probably port links to TriDef and Vireio (even though it isn't anywhere near ready to use). If I have time I'll also post a few brief tips on getting things to work. (Like turning off screen overlays.)

If you want me to link to SuperDepth3D let me know and I'll do that as well; just let me know the url you wish me to link to. (I would like to, I think it's a great resource, but last thing you probably want is a bunch of people trying an alpha/beta and bugging you about it.)

BTW, those Better Fake Reflections and Power Armor HUD no Transparency mods really work well with your shader.

As of right now it still going to worked on. Updates will come when needed. I also need to test if a few things are fixed in the Reshade 3.0 beta 6. But, go ahead and post about it more people means more input. Also gives me more ideas on how to fix or make things better.

I will fix up the First page on this post a bit and maybe make a website. But, for now you can always link to this forum.

One thing I would really like is if people shared there settings :D.........
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #309 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Update v1.8.6 coming soon

This update will focus on bug fixing. I still need to test it in a few more games before uploading.

Have to catch them all.

OK update 1.8.6 Is now Live Added Feature is "Edge Selection"
This small update Allows you to select how you like the Edges of the game looks like.
You can have 3 Options
Options:
1. Black Edges
Leaves just black on the side of the image.
2.Mirrored Edges
Mirrors the edge of the image.
3.Stretched Edges
Like what we have now.

Reshade also allows for WRAP and REPEAT. Not sure if they where useful So I left them out.

As said before Bug Fixes I don't think you should see any Yellow Text now. If you do see some yellow Tex in a game Please tell me so I can fix that.

For Now to work around The Red Screen issue try reloading the shader. See post below about this.

As for the 2D to 3D converter I am going to work on this internally. I think I will have 3 options added to it like Game Mode/Movie Mode/ETC. It's not Very Good but, I will upload a fully working one this month. I am also going to try to contact that guy at Gmic Gimp 2D to 3D converter to see if he can help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arioch, Aelius Maximus, zig11727

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #310 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I have an issue with Reshade 3.0b6 and the newest shader. Randomly it makes the screen all red. I am not sure I think especially when you click ESC in L.A Noire
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by x8009.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #311 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: I have an issue with Reshade 3.0b6 and the newest shader. Randomly it makes the screen all red. I am not sure I think especially when you click ESC in L.A Noire

Thank you for telling me this. I am downloading that game to test it out. Since I am working on fixing bugs.

This is a bug with Rehade and not my shader. This bug is also present with Most shaders that access Depth Buffer and manipulate the image. here are examples.

Here MXAO

Here is one of the DOF Shaders. I think this Looks Cool......

Also my shader also suffers from this bug. Since I have more image Manipulation then the others. You will just get a Red Screen.

Many other shaders Have this issue. I will report it as a bug,

• zig11727
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #312 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
The new shader version 1.8.6 is giving me a blank screen when enabled.

All games tested worked fine with the older shader.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by zig11727.

• Arioch
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #313 by Arioch Replied by Arioch on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Update v1.8.6 coming soon

This update will focus on bug fixing. I still need to test it in a few more games before uploading.

Have to catch them all.

This small update Allows you to select how you like the Edges of the game looks like.
You can have 3 Options
Options:
1. Black Edges
2.Mirrored Edges
3.Stretched Edges
Like what we have now.

Reshade also allows for WRAP and REPEAT. Not sure if they where useful So I left them out.

As said before Bug Fixes I don't think you should see any Yellow Text now. If you do see some yellow Tex in a game Please tell me so I can fix that.

For Now to work around The Red Screen issue try reloading the shader. See post below about this.

As for the 2D to 3D converter I am going to work on this internally. I think I will have 3 options added to it like Game Mode/Movie Mode/ETC. It's not Very Good but, I will upload a fully working one this month. I am also going to try to contact that guy at Gmic Gimp 2D to 3D converter to see if he can help.

I like the edge feature you added - any chance you can repack this for Reshade 2.0? Is there a repack for 3.0 floating around with SweetFX in it then maybe I would use that.

Thanks!
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Arioch.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #314 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

zig11727 wrote: The new shader version 1.8.6 is giving me a blank screen when enabled.

All games tested worked fine with the older shader.

What game are you getting a blank screen? Are you replacing the old shader? You don't want to have the old shader with the new shader in the same folder.

also what beta reshade are you using.

• zig11727
More
7 years 7 months ago #315 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Unreal 4 engine games Redout and Unbox

Yes I remove everything from the directory related to the shaders then I just install as normal would and add your shader to reshade-shaders-master\Shaders folder

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #316 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

zig11727 wrote: Unreal 4 engine games Redout and Unbox

Yes I remove everything from the directory related to the shaders then I just install as normal would and add your shader to reshade-shaders-master\Shaders folder

Thank you let me test. I will get back to you. also is it this game store.steampowered.com/app/512300/ ?

• zig11727
More
7 years 7 months ago #317 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Yes that is the correct game .

Unbox will work at first then once the box is behind an object the screen starts acting funny and then blanks out with Redout tested twice when you selected you shader the whole screen goes blank.

unbox is like Mario 64

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #318 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Arioch wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Update v1.8.6 coming soon

Have to catch them all.

You can have 3 Options
Options:
1. Black Edges
2.Mirrored Edges
3.Stretched Edges
Like what we have now.

I like the edge feature you added - any chance you can repack this for Reshade 2.0? Is there a repack for 3.0 floating around with SweetFX in it then maybe I would use that.

Thanks!

There a blank screen Bug I need to fix before I port it over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arioch, Aelius Maximus

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #319 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

zig11727 wrote: Yes that is the correct game .

Unbox will work at first then once the box is behind an object the screen starts acting funny and then blanks out with Redout tested twice when you selected you shader the whole screen goes blank.

unbox is like Mario 64

Ok give me time to download the game. I will try to figure out whats going on.

Ok Tested this with Reshade 3.0 beta 6 And I see the screen bug out and goes black.

Tested this with ReShade beta 5 and It works. It seems to be a other bug in Reshade beta 6 with Unreal 4 engine games. This bug should be reported May be related to the Red screen bug as stated before.

I was unable to make pass the Tutorial with Beta 6.

With Beta 5 I was able to play till the island. Fun game but box bounces getting me sea sick lol :D

I don't have the money for Redout. Can you please test the new shader with the older Reshade beta 5 too see if the problem still happens?

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago #320 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

zig11727 wrote: Yes that is the correct game .

unbox is like Mario 64

Ok give me time to download the game. I will try to figure out whats going on.

Ok Tested this with Reshade 3.0 beta 6 And I see the screen bug out and goes black.

Tested this with ReShade beta 5 and It works. It seems to be a other bug in Reshade beta 6 with Unreal 4 engine games. This bug should be reported May be related to the Red screen bug as stated before.

I was unable to make pass the Tutorial with Beta 6.

With Beta 5 I was able to play till the island. Fun game but box bounces getting me sea sick lol :D

I don't have the money for Redout. Can you please test the new shader with the older Reshade beta 5 too see if the problem still happens?

Reshade 3.0 Beta 6 so many bugs :X I hope he can fix them fast

We have the Red Bug, UT 4 Engine Bug, what else so we can post it ?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.