3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #381 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1

nieda113 wrote: Hi how to use it with oculus cv1?. THx for info

This

Aelius Maximus wrote:

nieda113 wrote: Hi how to use it with oculus cv1?. THx for info

Using it through Virtual Desktop on Steam is the only option, and that requires Windows 10

And other users reported using BigScreen

User Guides:

Guide by [SkySolstice] " forums.geforce.com/default/topic/961597/...een-using-bigscreen/ "

Play 3D games in SBS on the virtual screen using BigScreen

1. Install Superdepth.fx to the program exe folder and the corresponding reshade 3 exe to link the dll.
2. Press Shift F2 to run the tutorial and setup for either SBS or Top Bottom.
3. Alt tab to Bigscreen and select the corresponding output you chose.
4. Alt tab back into game.

store.steampowered.com/app/457550/
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Crow550
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #382 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
When they added Linux support they axed DirectX and Hardware sound (EAX).

Crap so nothing can be done with Sven Co-op being Opengl? Yeah the standalone is pretty fun.

Also thanks again for sharing other solutions for Duke & Doom. I updated GZDoom and that's pretty cool I must say. Yeah the First Person Gun and Enemies are 2D (still blend well with the environment) but the levels look awesome in 3D. Plus could mod the first person Gun and Enemies but it's not that big of a deal.

Figure out why the online thing in Reshade is wonky? Only a small fraction of online games do not allow Reshade.... I think only like punkbuster ones?

The biggest issue is some games and have issues with Radeonpro and the Steam Overlay (which is needed if you use a Steam controller)

Anyways cool, cool. ;)

For The Crew what do you set the Blur too?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Crow550.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #383 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1

Crow550 wrote: When they added Linux support they axed DirectX and Hardware sound (EAX).

Crap so nothing can be done with Sven Co-op being Opengl? Yeah the standalone is pretty fun.

Also thanks again for sharing other solutions for Duke & Doom. I updated GZDoom and that's pretty cool I must say. Yeah the First Person Gun and Enemies are 2D (still blend well with the environment) but the levels look awesome in 3D. Plus could mod the first person Gun and Enemies but it's not that big of a deal.

Figure out why the online thing in Reshade is wonky? Only a small fraction of online games do not allow Reshade.... I think only like punkbuster ones?

The biggest issue is some games and have issues with Radeonpro and the Steam Overlay (which is needed if you use a Steam controller)

Anyways cool, cool. ;)

For The Crew what do you set the Blur too?

I think I used 0.050 or 0.025

• nieda113
More
7 years 6 months ago #384 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
Hi thx so no head tracking what soever and no 360 degree play. Thats not cool....any idea how to implement? I wish someone could programm a sdk where we can use extended mode on cv1 though....

• Crow550
More
7 years 6 months ago #385 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
What about 2D Side scrollers like Broforce and Double Dragon Neon?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #386 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1

Crow550 wrote: What about 2D Side scrollers like Broforce and Double Dragon Neon?

Double Dragon Neon

Double Dragon Neon Depth Map

Custom_Depth_Map_6
Far=0.025
Near=0.160000

2D world 3D people/Items........ Depth map looks strange :p...

I will be adding this to game list in the next update.

I don't have Broforce too test.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #387 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1

nieda113 wrote: Hi thx so no head tracking what soever and no 360 degree play. Thats not cool....any idea how to implement? I wish someone could programm a sdk where we can use extended mode on cv1 though....

I can't do that from the shader side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nieda113

• Crow550
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #388 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
Cool, thanks man!

Also shouldn't Interlaced mode have an option for Reverse lines?

Also off topic but Tridef finally got updated to 7.1. They are also using Google Analytics to see how many users they have and what games and such. Hopefully it means quicker and better updates....

Who knows if Power3D has improved or previously broken games work. We'll see..... Thanks for filling in the gap though. The 3D effect works great & the performance is also nice. Keep it up!

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 6 months ago #389 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
Just gave TriDef 7.1 a try...
1) True 3D mode still doesn't really work for FO4 (lightsources in wrong focal plane, shadow issues, other problems too - but still, this IS better than it was, it just still isn't playable).
2) P3D mode isn't really any better
3) The OSD DOES work properly (good news)
4) As far as I can tell at this point 7.1 completely breaks ReShade compatibility, at least with FO4. So that means no using ANY other ReShade functions with TriDef + FO4 (previous TriDef worked OK with ReShade+FO4+TriDef P3D mode, current TriDef version does NOT work in that combination).

Overall this project still looks like the best all-around solution.

So Thanks again and keep up the great work!

• Crow550
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #390 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
A few games I randomly thought of:

Saints Row 2 (this game might be tricky to setup. A handy guide is stickied in the Steam forums. Saints Row Mod forum has HD textures and such too.)

Zombie Army Trilogy (has native 3D in 720p but 1080p option would be nice. I don't think a profile was made in Tridef, last I checked.)

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution

For Broforce you might be able to substitute the free Expendabros: store.steampowered.com/app/312990/

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #391 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
Oh, A quick note:
I wanted to update to 1.8.7 to stay current. I'm fairly sure I got the update to it downloaded correctly, but no luck. Everything works except your shader. I'll just revert to an older version for now, but is there a corrected and packaged version of 1.8.7 available somewhere? I couldn't not find a download for that...

AH, I think what happened is I downloaded a fix for the ReShade 3.0 framework. I'm still having zero luck finding a non-bugged version 1.8.7 for the ReShade 2.0 framework, but I should be able to revert to 1.8.6 with no problem.

OK, 1.8.7 throws up an error message but works just fine...
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #392 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1

mr_spongeworthy wrote: Oh, A quick note:
I wanted to update to 1.8.7 to stay current. I'm fairly sure I got the update to it downloaded correctly, but no luck. Everything works except your shader. I'll just revert to an older version for now, but is there a corrected and packaged version of 1.8.7 available somewhere? I couldn't not find a download for that...

AH, I think what happened is I downloaded a fix for the ReShade 3.0 framework. I'm still having zero luck finding a functional version 1.8.7 for the ReShade 2.0 framework, but I should be able to revert to 1.8.6 with no problem.

Added a link to GitHub for The Reshade 2.0 Repack For 1.8.7

It's at the bottom of the first page

github.com/BlueSkyDefender/Depth3D

Fixing bugs in 3.0 version may not translate to 2.0. Also at the same time Depth Maps may work in 2.0 and not in 3.0 Or Vice Vera.

Ex. Wolfenstine the new order works in reshade 2.0 but not in reshade 3.0

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #393 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1

Crow550 wrote: Cool, thanks man!

Also shouldn't Interlaced mode have an option for Reverse lines?

L/R R/L is already a Option. It's called Eye Swap.

Crow550 wrote: A few games I randomly thought of:

Saints Row 2 (this game might be tricky to setup. A handy guide is stickied in the Steam forums. Saints Row Mod forum has HD textures and such too.)

Zombie Army Trilogy (has native 3D in 720p but 1080p option would be nice. I don't think a profile was made in Tridef, last I checked.)

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution

For Broforce you might be able to substitute the free Expendabros: store.steampowered.com/app/312990/

Give me time to check.

• Crow550
More
7 years 6 months ago #394 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
That's the same like in Tridef's Display options and you select Interlaced / FPR and tick reversed?

Also Double Dragon Neon was amusing in 3D. :P I think adding in some type of blur effect to the characters when moving & fighting would help the 3D models in the static 2D backgrounds a little.

Still neat. B)

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #395 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Zombie Army Trilogy Has a really nice Depth Map

Depth map.

In game.

Alternate Depth Map 8 is the depth map. You cal also use depth map 4 with No blur.

Saints Row 2 I don't have the space to install that game. But, you can try it out if you have it installed. I am sure All the Saints Row games should work.

as for Expendabros fully 2D no Depth map so no 3D.

Serious Sam Classics: Revolution I am still downloading. I'm on slow DSL :p.... so takes time to download something.

• Crow550
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #396 by Crow550 Replied by Crow550 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1
Saints Row 2 is a different engine than 3 or 4. You don't have to do it now.

What about pop out with the Broforce characters? Or still a no go? I got a little depth messing with Tridef and the generic profile.

• HelpMeSomebody
More
7 years 6 months ago #397 by HelpMeSomebody Replied by HelpMeSomebody on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1

mr_spongeworthy wrote: Just gave TriDef 7.1 a try...
1) True 3D mode still doesn't really work for FO4 (lightsources in wrong focal plane, shadow issues, other problems too - but still, this IS better than it was, it just still isn't playable).
2) P3D mode isn't really any better
3) The OSD DOES work properly (good news)
4) As far as I can tell at this point 7.1 completely breaks ReShade compatibility, at least with FO4. So that means no using ANY other ReShade functions with TriDef + FO4 (previous TriDef worked OK with ReShade+FO4+TriDef P3D mode, current TriDef version does NOT work in that combination).

Overall this project still looks like the best all-around solution.

So Thanks again and keep up the great work!

So ... do you recommend updating Tridef, Mr. Spongeworthy?

• x8009
More
7 years 6 months ago #398 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map with oculus cv1

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

x8009 wrote: BlueSkyKnight,

can you post some screenshots showing what's the way way the White and black should look like ?
Thank You

This is what it should look like. This is a Ideal Depth Map. But as Long as it kind of close it will be ok.

Close

Mid

Far

At the Same Time I am working on new Depth Map Code.
So keep in mind This May not be possible for all games.

Thanks

So do you mean we can choose between Near, Mid, Far and all are properly correct ? How can I decide which one is the best when I need to choose ? every game can be near,mid,far or just specific games you have to choose one cause that's the one that will work properly?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #399 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:
Thanks

So do you mean we can choose between Near, Mid, Far and all are properly correct ?

You can set all 3 This depends on Depth precision. dev.theomader.com/depth-precision/

x8009 wrote: How can I decide which one is the best when I need to choose ?

Go by eye. Check your Depth map by going in to 3D mode and looking if it feels good too you.
Adjust it to how you want it to be.

x8009 wrote: every game can be near,mid,far or just specific games you have to choose one cause that's the one that will work properly?

This is true like This Batman game. What you see here is a Experimental DepthMap I worked on. It has the Quality of a perfect Depth map in my Eyes.

It's a combination of two Depth Maps overlay-ed seamlessly.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #400 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Crow550 wrote: Saints Row 2 is a different engine than 3 or 4. You don't have to do it now.

What about pop out with the Broforce characters? Or still a no go? I got a little depth messing with Tridef and the generic profile.

As of right now no go on Broforce no Depth Map = no 3D for my shader.

Also the reason I say I am sure it would work with Saints Row 2 is that it's listed as Perfect compatibility with reshade reshade.me/compatibility

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Crow550

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.