Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: qUINT

qUINT 1 month 1 day ago #381

What do you mean by "Windows 10 seems to force HDR for games, even when they or your screen doesn't support it" ? Is it possible to apply MXAO to Witcher 3 without flickering? Is there a functional preset like that somewhere?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

qUINT 1 month 1 day ago #382

Windows 10 appears to force rgb10a2 backbuffer in some games, no matter if your screen supports it or not. It'll just get quantized if you have a regular 8 bit screen. I noticed that because I used to store data in the backbuffer alpha channel in MXAO and ADoF, which then got borked because I assumed the alpha channel to be 8 bit, but it turned out to be 2 bit. That's why I made qUINT in the first place, having a header where I can declare shared textures to workaround this.

I don't know anything about flickering in Witcher 3 of MXAO, can you elaborate?

qUINT 1 month 19 hours ago #383

Regarding flickering in W3, I also had that problem a few months ago (actually since the W3 launch maybe), don't know if it's the same.
It almost seemed like the depth buffer was jittering and there were halos lagging behind the main PC.
There were other depth buffers that worked better, but there were a few objects missing.

So I put that down as a depth buffer problem.

qUINT 4 weeks 2 days ago #384

Hey Marty there is a way to keep the AO strength but make the AO color more greyish not deep black?
Maybe there's a line that set the AO color on the shader file?

Thanks in advance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SandyCheeks