Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: qUINT

qUINT 1 month 1 week ago #421

lowenz wrote:
lowenz wrote:
The relationship between the new shaperning filter and CAS porting?
Up!
Please, can you answer?

Same relationship as with any other sharpen filter. Same principle, different execution.

Every sharpen works more or less the same. Subtract a blurred version of the image from the original image. The visual difference between all the available filters is mostly only caused by the blur method and the formula used to determine how much sharpen to apply. Luma Sharpen does it one way, NVIDIA sharpen another way, CAS sharpen yet another way and mine also does it yet another way. The special feature about mine are the depth edge detection to restrict the sharpening to textures only, but every other shader has it's own special recipe that sets them apart.
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Marty McFly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lowenz

qUINT 1 month 1 week ago #422

Marty McFly wrote:
lowenz wrote:
lowenz wrote:
The relationship between the new shaperning filter and CAS porting?
Up!
Please, can you answer?

Same relationship as with any other sharpen filter. Same principle, different execution.

Every sharpen works more or less the same. Subtract a blurred version of the image from the original image. The visual difference between all the available filters is mostly only caused by the blur method and the formula used to determine how much sharpen to apply. Luma Sharpen does it one way, NVIDIA sharpen another way, CAS sharpen yet another way and mine also does it yet another way. The special feature about mine are the depth edge detection to restrict the sharpening to textures only, but every other shader has it's own special recipe that sets them apart.
Perfect, thanks!

qUINT 2 weeks 3 hours ago #423

Hello! Reshade newbee here.

I tried setting up MXAO in multiple games so far and it always ends up looking incorrect. Like a blocky mess, catching every polygon on models. Where I shoud look to fix that?

qUINT 2 weeks 2 hours ago #424

Have you tried setting DEPTH_BUFFER_IS_INVERTED from 1 to 0 or vice versa in the Preprocessor Definitions?

qUINT 2 weeks 49 minutes ago #425

Fixed it. Depth buffer was fine.

Had to turn on Smoothed Normals. Everything is great now!

qUINT 6 days 16 hours ago #426

You should check this Marty McFly

-snip-

He is copying your work
Last Edit: 6 days 13 hours ago by Marty McFly.

qUINT 6 days 14 hours ago #427

> PATREON ONLY FILE - DO NOT SHARE

yeah typical matter for a DMCA takedown request to Github. They'll act swiftly. I've reported it as well