qUINT

• Marty McFly
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #421 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic qUINT

lowenz wrote:

lowenz wrote: The relationship between the new shaperning filter and CAS porting?

Up!
Please, can you answer?

Same relationship as with any other sharpen filter. Same principle, different execution.

Every sharpen works more or less the same. Subtract a blurred version of the image from the original image. The visual difference between all the available filters is mostly only caused by the blur method and the formula used to determine how much sharpen to apply. Luma Sharpen does it one way, NVIDIA sharpen another way, CAS sharpen yet another way and mine also does it yet another way. The special feature about mine are the depth edge detection to restrict the sharpening to textures only, but every other shader has it's own special recipe that sets them apart.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lowenz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lowenz
More
4 years 4 months ago #422 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote:

lowenz wrote:

lowenz wrote: The relationship between the new shaperning filter and CAS porting?

Up!
Please, can you answer?

Same relationship as with any other sharpen filter. Same principle, different execution.

Every sharpen works more or less the same. Subtract a blurred version of the image from the original image. The visual difference between all the available filters is mostly only caused by the blur method and the formula used to determine how much sharpen to apply. Luma Sharpen does it one way, NVIDIA sharpen another way, CAS sharpen yet another way and mine also does it yet another way. The special feature about mine are the depth edge detection to restrict the sharpening to textures only, but every other shader has it's own special recipe that sets them apart.

Perfect, thanks!

• Anika
More
4 years 3 months ago #423 by Anika Replied by Anika on topic qUINT
Hello! Reshade newbee here.

I tried setting up MXAO in multiple games so far and it always ends up looking incorrect. Like a blocky mess, catching every polygon on models. Where I shoud look to fix that?

• Uncle Crassius
More
4 years 3 months ago #424 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic qUINT
Have you tried setting DEPTH_BUFFER_IS_INVERTED from 1 to 0 or vice versa in the Preprocessor Definitions?

• Anika
More
4 years 3 months ago #425 by Anika Replied by Anika on topic qUINT
Fixed it. Depth buffer was fine.

Had to turn on Smoothed Normals. Everything is great now!

• anixcool
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #426 by anixcool Replied by anixcool on topic qUINT
You should check this Marty McFly

-snip-

He is copying your work
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Marty McFly.

• OtisInf
More
4 years 3 months ago #427 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic qUINT
> PATREON ONLY FILE - DO NOT SHARE

yeah typical matter for a DMCA takedown request to Github. They'll act swiftly. I've reported it as well

• klotim
More
4 years 2 months ago #428 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic qUINT

Marty McFly wrote:

lowenz wrote:

Up!
Please, can you answer?

I have a bug where its sharpening everything altough I have depth buffer available and depth mask enabled as per default.

This is on fallout 4 so it obviously has depth.

Before:

After:

This is on highest sharpening just to show the result.

The config:

[qUINT_sharp.fx]
DEPTH_MASK_ENABLE=4294967295
RMS_MASK_ENABLE=4294967295
SHARPEN_MODE=1
SHARP_STRENGTH=1.000000

Btw is "4294967295" a actual valid value?

• klotim
More
4 years 2 months ago #429 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic qUINT

klotim wrote: The config:

[qUINT_sharp.fx]
DEPTH_MASK_ENABLE=4294967295
RMS_MASK_ENABLE=4294967295
SHARPEN_MODE=1
SHARP_STRENGTH=1.000000

Btw is "4294967295" a actual valid value?

SO i tried to set to 1 instead and reloaded with no difference.
Also i didn't mention what to look at but look at the sky to be clear.

• Swartz27
More
4 years 1 month ago #430 by Swartz27 Replied by Swartz27 on topic qUINT
I have a simple question for Marty McFly: when you are using quint MXAO with GTA 5, what do you personally like to set the various values to? I know a lot of it is personal preference, but I'm also wondering if you use smooth normals, and how your depth buffer is set up.

• FYKC
More
4 years 1 month ago #431 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic qUINT
Sorry if this isn't the right place, I posted this in the Depth Buffer Detection thread too before I saw this one, which seems to be a closer fit

That said, the depth buffer appears to be squashed and misaligned vertically and I can't figure out how to correct it, if there's even anything I can do about it at all. All anti-aliasing is disabled and I'm not running ENB or game monitoring/overlay programs that could potentially conflict.

My question is, is there anything I can do to correct this? New Vegas is the only game I've experienced this with.

• FYKC
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #432 by FYKC Replied by FYKC on topic qUINT
Sorry for the double post but I wanted to bump this thread.

I was able to fix the misalignment issue within the DisplayDepth shader via it's "scale" parameter that let me stretch it out to the proper size, but MXAO does not have this option, so the shader is still misaligned.

How likely could a "scale" parameter be added to MXAO?

e: Well, I can confirm that RT shader Beta 0.8 with Reshade 4.3 works as it should in New Vegas.
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by FYKC.

• acknowledge
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #433 by acknowledge Replied by acknowledge on topic qUINT
Hi Marty, in some of my games that are fully depth accessed, the qunit MXAO does not apply any AO effct on the screen, is there something wrong? I have some pics to demonstrate:

imgchr.com/album/YG96e
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by acknowledge.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
4 years 1 week ago #434 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic qUINT
Hi. In latest reshade update (4.6.0) lightroom stopped working.
\qUINT_lightroom.fx(854, 1): error X4568: 'PS_ProcessLUT': input parameter 'huefactors' interpolation qualifiers do not match vertex shader ones
\qUINT_lightroom.fx(860, 1): error X4568: 'PS_ApplyLUT': input parameter 'huefactors' interpolation qualifiers do not match vertex shader ones
\qUINT_lightroom.fx(874, 1): error X4568: 'PS_DisplayStatistics': input parameter 'huefactors' interpolation qualifiers do not match vertex shader ones
it's something on my side, or we need update?

• Martigen
More
4 years 1 week ago #435 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic qUINT

SilentPrayerCG wrote: Hi. In latest reshade update (4.6.0) lightroom stopped working.

\qUINT_lightroom.fx(854, 1): error X4568: 'PS_ProcessLUT': input parameter 'huefactors' interpolation qualifiers do not match vertex shader ones
\qUINT_lightroom.fx(860, 1): error X4568: 'PS_ApplyLUT': input parameter 'huefactors' interpolation qualifiers do not match vertex shader ones
\qUINT_lightroom.fx(874, 1): error X4568: 'PS_DisplayStatistics': input parameter 'huefactors' interpolation qualifiers do not match vertex shader ones
it's something on my side, or we need update?

Download the latest version of the shader from the github links in the first post.

• SilentPrayerCG
More
4 years 1 week ago #436 by SilentPrayerCG Replied by SilentPrayerCG on topic qUINT
I've checked github before, but it month year old, thought i already have it, apparently not.
Now it's it work OK, thanks!

• Siridon
More
4 years 6 days ago - 4 years 6 days ago #437 by Siridon Replied by Siridon on topic qUINT
Hi, I encountered a problem of strong flickering when turning on rtgi in some games, regardless of the shader settings, anti-aliasing and the frame depth buffer, tell me what the problem may be, Because of the resolution (2560Х1440)?

the screenshot is not noticeable, but the whole picture flickers
Last edit: 4 years 6 days ago by Siridon.

• Mutin Choler
More
3 years 11 months ago #438 by Mutin Choler Replied by Mutin Choler on topic qUINT
Hey, Marty.

I've been trying to reduce the Bloom Scene Exposure Bias so that I can find the sweet spot for the white point, but the exposure will only change when it goes lower or higher in increments of 1, otherwise it won't change at all. Because of this, I end up having the white point be a little too bright or a little too dark in poorly lit areas.

imgur.com/a/HpUl9dH

• supercento
More
3 years 11 months ago #439 by supercento Replied by supercento on topic qUINT
Hi, Marty.

Thank you so much for your work.

There's a funny problem with Euro Truck Simulator 2.
During the game MXAO works fine, but when accessing the main menu, the shader is always displayed upside down. This only happens in the menu, is there a solution?

For example, some code that says "when pressing ESC, invert" "when pressing ESC again, invert again".

• Zanibar
More
3 years 10 months ago #440 by Zanibar Replied by Zanibar on topic qUINT
I think I don't understand what lightroom is supposed to do or either something went wrong. Whenever I enable it, I get a green as hell screen.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.