• Cyberbeing
More
7 years 6 months ago #61 by Cyberbeing Replied by Cyberbeing on topic 3.0
crosire, when you get a chance, could you add support for slightly better png compression for screenshots?

The current png screenshots generated are nearly twice the size of the weakest/fastest level of libpng zlib compression (level 1) or even single-pass huffman-only compression from pngout. It kind of defeats the purpose of png vs bmp if you just need to recompress all your screenshots again afterwords. Saving as bmp exists for people who care about maximum screenshot performance, so it wouldn't hurt to make png saving a bit more configurable. It also seems Reshade is saving png as 32bit RGBA (empty alpha channel), when it should be 24bit RGB instead to save a bit of space.
The topic has been locked.
  • iCake
More
7 years 6 months ago #62 by iCake Replied by iCake on topic 3.0
@Crosire

Please, consider fixing reshade 3.0 not working with Mass Effect 2 + DLC authorization fix. I know that's probably more of a problem of the fix rather than reshade itself as it loads okay on the vanilla game, but that makes it impossible to play with modded HR textures if you have modded any of the DLCs. Reshade 2.0 works just fine with the DLC fix.
  • Sunesha
More
7 years 6 months ago #63 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic 3.0
Cheers, Crosire =)
  • Zadan
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #64 by Zadan Replied by Zadan on topic 3.0
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way of transferring settings from SweetFX+Reshade 1.1 presets to this new Reshade 3.0 version. Tyvm.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just copied the settings from the SweetFX text document into a new preset for the same shaders and it looks pretty much the same.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Zadan.
  • Mrkazador
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #65 by Mrkazador Replied by Mrkazador on topic 3.0
Is it possible to get colorlookuptable.fx working with this new version? I tried loading it but all I get is a black screen when its enabled.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Mrkazador.
  • Proxish
More
7 years 6 months ago #66 by Proxish Replied by Proxish on topic 3.0
Hey Crosire, I have a couple of requests for updates to ReShade 3.0.

Could you please add a shortcut to the Revive Injector so that once you've installed the injector, you have the option to open the folder for the game that was injected?

And another shortcut to automatically create a new folder called ReShade 3.0 inside, with two sub folders called Shaders and Textures?

The only file I use with 3.0 is Depth3D, so downloading the folder containing all the other files isn't much use to me at the moment.

Thanks for all the hard work Crosire!
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #67 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.0

Proxish wrote: And another shortcut to automatically create a new folder called ReShade 3.0 inside, with two sub folders called Shaders and Textures?

That folder layout is specific to how the files were stored on GitHub and in no way a requirement of ReShade. Since the game directory is added to the effect search paths by default and you can just drop the Depth3D effect file there, I see no use in having the setup create superfluous folders.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proxish
  • robgrab
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #68 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic 3.0
Is there an easy way to keep my settings upgrading from 3.0 to 3.0.1?

NEVERMIND, it imported my preset! Where are the presets hiding?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by robgrab.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #69 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.0
The setup tool will keep your settings file and presets when updating, so nothing to worry about there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gar Stazi
  • Sunesha
More
7 years 6 months ago #70 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic 3.0

crosire wrote: The setup tool will keep your settings file and presets when updating, so nothing to worry about there.

Thanks =)

I hadn't updated as I worried it would overwrite my settings. That saved me the time to back all stuff up. I will bravely let the setup do my work for me =)
  • Martigen
More
7 years 6 months ago #71 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 3.0
Hey Crosire,

One other piece of feedback for this incredible work!

I've taken to globally storing the shaders (and textures) in one place, making it easy to keep all games up to date with shader changes by having just the one directory that needs to get updated from gibthub, not to mention apply fixes like Bacondither's one for Colorfulness and Ioxa's port of HDR.

Anyway, some of the prior feedback has also been that it takes a while for shaders to load both initially and if the game resets the display chain during play, and the best solution at the moment is to remove those shaders from the Shaders dir that you're not using. Of course, this is not possible if you're storing shaders globally (and I'm sure I'm not the only one), and even if you're not it's definitely finicky if you change your mind later and want to test other shaders in that game, necessitating copying them across, testing, and deleting again.

So simple idea: as the selected shaders are stored in the ini for that game, what about Reshade initializing only these shaders if it's set to Performance mode?

Then of course, setting back to configuration mode, loads all available shaders for testing/tweaking and setting back to Performance initializes only those selected again. Since, I presume, most people use between 1-7 shaders on average that could dramatically reduce initial loading and subsequent initializations in game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrazyCat, iCake
  • Pdguru
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #72 by Pdguru Replied by Pdguru on topic 3.0
I have it loaded and working! Very nice. Can I ask what happened to Ambient Occlusion?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Pdguru.
  • moriz1
More
7 years 6 months ago #73 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic 3.0
MXAO is available in 3.0.
  • Martigen
More
7 years 6 months ago #74 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic 3.0

moriz1 wrote: MXAO is available in 3.0.

Aye, version 1.2, but Marty's latest is 1.5.7b.
  • moriz1
More
7 years 6 months ago #75 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic 3.0
i know, but it appears that marty mcfly is having issues porting the latest version. this is probably out of our hands until whatever is causing the issue gets fixed.
  • derrame
More
7 years 6 months ago #76 by derrame Replied by derrame on topic 3.0
download link for this 3.0.1?
  • moriz1
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #77 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic 3.0

derrame wrote: download link for this 3.0.1?

main page.

speaking of the main page: the date is listed as "August 9th 2016". this is wrong - should be "October 9th 2016".

EDIT: actual bug report

i think somebody has already brought this up, but the reshade FPS meter is hilariously broken:

Warning: Spoiler!

not sure what it is doing, but the FPS meter should simply be 1/frame-time.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by moriz1.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #78 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.0

moriz1 wrote: not sure what it is doing, but the FPS meter should simply be 1/frame-time.

It's averaged over a few hundred frames to avoid it jumping around all the time. The frame time (obviously) isn't. But yeah, it is still a little strange =).
  • moriz1
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #79 by moriz1 Replied by moriz1 on topic 3.0

crosire wrote: It's averaged over a few hundred frames to avoid it jumping around all the time. The frame time (obviously) isn't. But yeah, it is still a little strange =).

is it actually being averaged though? the FPS counter seems to be fluctuating just as fast as the frame-time meter.

perhaps instead of it doing an average, have it only measure once every second. calculating an average is probably MORE performance intensive than reporting every frame, since you now have to assign a new memory address, and perform 100 operations (99 additions and 1 division) to arrive at that average.

EDIT:

i see that you've corrected the date on the download link, but the download links for older versions of Reshade and SweetFX are completely gone!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by moriz1.
  • crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #80 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.0
Yeah. That was intentional.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.