3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #1 by BlueSkyKnight 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader was created by BlueSkyKnight
SuperDepth3D

Depth Map Based 3D post-process shader & Free VR Software

This Shader creates a "Stereoscopic Image," by warping both sides to a depth map provided by the game and accessed by Reshade's Wrapper. I made this because I got tired of waiting for other software companies to update their own 3D software so that I can play a game at a modest Frame Rate. The Z-Buffer is different in almost every game I have tried. So compatibility is not easy. Sometimes you don't have access to the depth map so It will not be possible to have 3D for every game.

Even with this I still was able to add Stereoscopic 3D to 100+ games.

This Mod allows for Depth Map Based 3D like What Nvidia does with Compatibility Mode 3D and TriDef Does with Power 3D.

Compatibility Will be on a game by game bases.

Please read the "Game Help," on the GitHub Page For Setting and More Information + Free VR Software. Link for this is at the bottom of this post.

Alien Isolation
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Among The Sleep
Assassin Creed Unity
Batman Arkham Knight
Batman Arkham Origins
Batman: Arkham City
Borderlands 2
Borderlands Pre-sequel
Borderlands 3
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
Call of Duty: Ghost
Castlevania: Lord of Shadows - UE
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Deadly Premonition: The Directors's Cut
Dragon Ball Xenoverse
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
Dreamfall Chapters
Dying Light
Fallout 4
Firewatch
GTA V
Hard Reset
Lords of The Fallen
Magicka 2
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Last Light Redux
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Naruto Shippuden UNS3 Full Blurst
Quake 4
Rage64
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Ryse: Son of Rome
Shadow warrior(2013)
Skyrim
Sleeping Dogs: DE
Souls Games
The Evil Within
Witcher 3
Zombi
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide II
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dead Rising 3
Soma
Penumbra: Black Plague
NecroVision: Lost Company
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
Cryostasis
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Monstrum DX11
Homefront The Revolution
Mirror's Edge
Need for Speed
Double Dragon Neon
Zombie Army Trilogy
Just Cause 3
DOOM (2016)
DOOM Eternal

And Many Many more!

*Pics*
[img][/img]

Octopath Traveler

If you want to work and change things on this feel free to do so. But, please submit your changes to Git Hub. Help is always welcomed. I would Like more people to help with this since right now I am going at it alone.

SuperDepth3D v2.2.5 -Current release for Reshade 3.0+
reshade.me/depth3d <-Depth3D VR Companion App

YouTube How-To
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by BlueSkyKnight. Reason: Update
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, angellman, Arioch, brussell, alfski, Tycholarfero, crubino, nieda113, HelpMeSomebody, Proxish and 21 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nieda113
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #2 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi,
so having this installed how do i implement reshade/sweetfx settings and enb?
Do i have to run additional software like tridef or 3dtv play
Does it work with oculus cv1
THX
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by nieda113.

• crubino
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #3 by crubino Replied by crubino on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
oh man.... this is awesome!! :woohoo:
Thanks mate! :)

Update:
I've test it with Fallout4, it works good... but i've got this error message:

H:\Fallout 4\Shader@0x0000000191BB3E90(113,1): warning X4121: gradient-based operations must be moved out of flow control to prevent divergence. Performance may improve by using a non-gradient operation

What can i do to fix this?

Update02:
I've backported it to Reshade Framework 1.1 :P :
www.mediafire.com/download/u3l3lssymt4gx...SBS_Reshade_FW11.zip
(I changed toggle key to END button :lol: )

but still got that error message :(

tested on :cheer:
GTA V:

Dark Souls 3

Fallout 4
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by crubino.

• TheLys
More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by TheLys Replied by TheLys on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi. Thanks so much for your work! I just tested it with one game (NFSMW2012) for the moment, but it's a fantastic solution. I use Trinus VR with Moonlight, and I already use SweetFX/ReShade with most of my games so your solution is perfect for me.
I would have a question please: I'd like to change the aspect ratio of the result, to get back a letterbox aspect without having to change the resolution ingame. I may have missed the trick but I didn't see how to do that with your package, so which shader may need to be configured/modified to do it? The perfect solution would be to have a mix between what you offer and what can be found there: www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=21174 . I don't know at all if it would be difficult or not to add the shaders proposed in this pack to yours, so forgive me please if my suggestion is absurd :unsure:

• nieda113
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #5 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hello, i tested it and it works fine. But there is a problem with changing resolutions-
The game i tested was The Evil Within.
I only can use 1280X720 if i change that to a 4 k resolution or to 1920X1080 ,the picture is too big and would not fit the screen.
I did change the resolution in game under the hardware settings.
The settings in nvidia control panel is 1920X1080.
What iam doing wrong?
THX

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #6 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

nieda113 wrote: Hi,
so having this installed how do i implement reshade/sweetfx settings and enb?
Do i have to run additional software like tridef or 3dtv play
Does it work with oculus cv1
THX

If you want to use ENB you would have to load ENB first then Reshade. In ENB .ini the edit that. Here is a link too enb site explaining it. enbdev.com/doc_proxy_en.htm This may not always work.

As for TriDef or Nividia 3DTV You would have to disable my own Depth 3D Shader.

For the Oculus I don't know Because I don't have one. But, for the OSVR you can clone your screen and turn on Fish Eye by MartyMcFly and LensDistortion by CeeJay. That or make your own shader to adjust the image since Any adjustment will adjust both side of the screen. What you may want to make is a barrel distortion for your needs this should not be that hard. Also that or you can use

BigScreen Beta

Virtual Desktop

VorpX <--- I suggest this one I here you can load games side by side in it's cinema mode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nieda113

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #7 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

crubino wrote: oh man.... this is awesome!! :woohoo:
Thanks mate! :)

Update:
I've test it with Fallout4, it works good... but i've got this error message:

H:\Fallout 4\Shader@0x0000000191BB3E90(113,1): warning X4121: gradient-based operations must be moved out of flow control to prevent divergence. Performance may improve by using a non-gradient operation

What can i do to fix this?

Update02:
I've backported it to Reshade Framework 1.1 :P :
www.mediafire.com/download/u3l3lssymt4gx...SBS_Reshade_FW11.zip
(I changed toggle key to END button :lol: )

but still got that error message :(

For now Ignore that message. if it's yellow the game will still run. As long it's not red then no worries. That error message it at the heart of the code that allows this shader to work in the first place.

So see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, mind set about that for now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crubino

• nieda113
More
7 years 9 months ago #8 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thanks i ll try that. BTW do you have an idea about my obove question on resolutions?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #9 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

TheLys wrote: Hi. Thanks so much for your work! I just tested it with one game (NFSMW2012) for the moment, but it's a fantastic solution. I use Trinus VR with Moonlight, and I already use SweetFX/ReShade with most of my games so your solution is perfect for me.
I would have a question please: I'd like to change the aspect ratio of the result, to get back a letterbox aspect without having to change the resolution ingame. I may have missed the trick but I didn't see how to do that with your package, so which shader may need to be configured/modified to do it? The perfect solution would be to have a mix between what you offer and what can be found there: www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=120&t=21174 . I don't know at all if it would be difficult or not to add the shaders proposed in this pack to yours, so forgive me please if my suggestion is absurd :unsure:

Does Trinis VR and Moonlight give you a barrel distortion already? Also like typed before if you want to adjust this make your own shader to adjust it. This should be easy to do. You can even base it off The Fish Eye Shader by MartyMcFly or the Lens Distortion one by CeeJay. The only reason I don't want to add this to my own Shader it already has a heavy toll on GPU usage at Higher resolutions like 4k. If you make the shader I can include it in the package. But, if you can't make it Just do the easy thing and adjust the previous shaders I listed here.

I hope this helps.
Also links
ustwo.com/blog/vr-distortion-correction-...-vertex-displacement

smus.com/vr-lens-distortion/

I don't have a phone VR or the oculas rift too test. But, it looks like you have a phone VR set It may be best if you correct for the proper distortion for your device. The Good thing is that you only need to make one barrel distortion for one eye and my Shader will clone it for the other. So you should only need to do half the work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheLys, Irys88

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #10 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

nieda113 wrote: Hello, i tested it and it works fine. But there is a problem with changing resolutions-
The game i tested was The Evil Within.
I only can use 1280X720 if i change that to a 4 k resolution or to 1920X1080 ,the picture is too big and would not fit the screen.
I did change the resolution in game under the hardware settings.
The settings in nvidia control panel is 1920X1080.
What iam doing wrong?
THX

I use a Samsung JS9000 SUHD LED TV at 4k. I noticed some games don't like resolution changed with my shader in game. It's best you set your desktop resolution then your game resolution first. Then use my shader once all your setting are set. Can you take a picture/video so I can see what going wrong? It's hard to imagine what going on with your description.

I have the evil with in and it's one of the first games I got working. I could no reproduce this bug. Try to use 100% scaling so this means 1 to 1 with your desktop resolution.

I forgot to add I don't know how VSR or DSR will work with my Shader.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• nieda113
More
7 years 9 months ago #11 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
what reshade presets can i use.
Reshade 1.0 ?
Do i import a preset in the reshade assistant?

• nieda113
More
7 years 9 months ago #12 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
i ll try tomorrow,
but in short
the resolution in nvidia control panel is 1920X1080
in The evil within its 1280X720 (full screen) With that resolution i can see the hud and the game is centered on the screen (65 inch)
changing the resolution to 1920X1080 results in a larger image where it looks like all is zoomed double size so i only see portion of the game

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #13 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

nieda113 wrote: i ll try tomorrow,
but in short
the resolution in nvidia control panel is 1920X1080
in The evil within its 1280X720 (full screen) With that resolution i can see the hud and the game is centered on the screen (65 inch)
changing the resolution to 1920X1080 results in a larger image where it looks like all is zoomed double size so i only see portion of the game

I was not able to reproduce your problem. Here are some of my setting in the nvidia control panel.

Oh wait I remember That problem you have Is not to do with my Shader. But, with the game. I had that bug before. Go to
Steam\steamapps\common\TheEvilWithin
Right click the EvilWithin.exe
Go to Compatibility
Check Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings

This problem you have only happens with Windows DPI scaling is not 1 to 1 with your resolution.
This is really a tech support problem. :P

Any ways I will add this too the ReadMeDepth3d.txt Next release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nieda113

• nieda113
More
7 years 9 months ago #14 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
cool thanks very much.... Five star rating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SiriusHours
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #15 by SiriusHours Replied by SiriusHours on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
You sir are thee best. I remember asking if someone could make this and you hit it right on the button. Great work!!!! :woohoo:

I can play shadow warrior at peace now
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by SiriusHours.

• nieda113
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #16 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi i dont get it how to get the reshade /sweetfx working.
1. i open the reshade assistant to get the 3d depth loaded.
2.but what to do next? iam stuck...
pls advise.--

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #17 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

nieda113 wrote: Hi i dont get it how to get the reshade /sweetfx working.
1. i open the reshade assistant to get the 3d depth loaded.
2.but what to do next? iam stuck...
pls advise.--

Download the Repack it's easier.

Once you have the Repack Extract the Folder on to your desktop. Start the ReShade Assistant.exe.
Once open left click on Profiles. At the top on the app you will see a + left click it. Now search for the Game's Executable.
Left click on the executable then click on Open.
Now go back to the App and left click on Confirm on the bottom right.
Allow the app in windows it by left clicking Yes.
Now left click on Shaders and scroll down to the bottom with your mouse wheel till you see Depth3D - BSD it should be Checked.
Right click it, then a tab on the right should say Shader Settings left click it.
In here are the Depth3D settings.

Now this Is where the ReadMeDepth3d.txt comes in handy. Now lets pick a random game from the list. Like Alien Isolation, In ReadMeDepth3d.txt In this Text file it says. "*Alien Isolation :: AltDepthMap = 20,"

So I go back too Reshade and set that setting too 20

So it should look like this at the end.

Now left click Save.

Now start this game. This process has to be done to every new game you want to play.

Every game is different some need special startups like wolfenstine the new order. Too see the process look for the {Read Below} This will explain how to get that specific game working.

I will be uploading a video on that game when I have time.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #18 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

SiriusHours wrote: You sir are thee best. I remember asking if someone could make this and you hit it right on the button. Great work!!!! :woohoo:

I can play shadow warrior at peace now

What AltDepthMap setting did you use? For that game?

• nieda113
More
7 years 9 months ago #19 by nieda113 Replied by nieda113 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thanks for the above description, that i have understood, My problem is how to add presets eg. Fallout4
sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/4668/
sry for being so dumb

• crosire
More
7 years 9 months ago #20 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
You may want to port this to ReShade 3.0 (and post it on github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders ). It's future proof then, since ReShade 1.1 and 2.0 are soon to be removed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight, guillerodriguezv

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.