3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #161 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote: Okay, done the "SBS.undef" file, i just thought that definitions that i hadn't defined would be included in there. Anyway, now to copy the main body of text for the 3DSBS.h file and editing it to work in ReShade 1.1, what values do i have to change, is it possible to do a simple find and replace function? Do we also need a Util.h in the shader folder? Thanks for your help on this btw.

Humm I don't know about ReShade 1.1

What is the Util.h? :P

BTW I tested Grid Autosport it't and it looks Good. Depth Map 0 seems to work with it well. you can crank up the Depth way past 25 out side the car. Inside helmet cam you can go around 30ish....

In game I tuned off AA and ran it windows mode. Shader lvl low and every other thing maxes out

Ah, don't worry about Util.h that is only for 1.1. :D

Reshade 2.0 will be fine, as i can just set my oldconfig within that in no time, so far then, i have the pipeline.cfg, and sbs.undef, sbs.cfg

I was just running Batman: Arkham Knight, and the depth was incredible, i have most things maxed out, with a pretty high resolution and i guess a pretty reasonable frame rate too. The city has a real sense of scale at 50 depth, all i need now is my old reshade config combined with this and it will be a masterpiece :P Then all i will need is two 1080's in sli, haha

If you get it working post it up so that other here can use it as well. That and you save me the work. : :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #162 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Soo I added Top and Bottom. As requested.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mr_spongeworthy

• x8009
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #163 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Soo I added Top and Bottom. As requested.

Thank you !! Awsome

One question, when do I need to use Reshade64.dll and Reshade32.dll ? is it game dependable or windows x64 ?
If I have windows x64 and I have GTA V it is 64 bit game, what about other games that are 32 ?
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by x8009.

• Kuniyo
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #164 by Kuniyo Replied by Kuniyo on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Soo I added Top and Bottom. As requested.

-snip image-

Thank you !! Awsome

One question, when do I need to use Reshade64.dll and Reshade32.dll ? is it game dependable or windows x64 ?
If I have windows x64 and I have GTA V it is 64 bit game, what about other games that are 32 ?

Reshade64.dll is for 64 bit games, and it usually called something like dxgi.dll (this, the name, also depends on the game)
Reshade32.dll is for 32 bit games, and is usually called something like d3d9.dll (this, the name, also depends on the game)

It doesn't matter what windows version you have, it's all based on the game that you play and what version of the game you are running (32/64 bit, DirectX, OpenGL and such).
Hope this helps a bit, kinda hard for me to explain since I don't do that very often haha
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Kuniyo. Reason: grammar + formatting
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #165 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote: Okay, done the "SBS.undef" file, i just thought that definitions that i hadn't defined would be included in there. Anyway, now to copy the main body of text for the 3DSBS.h file and editing it to work in ReShade 1.1, what values do i have to change, is it possible to do a simple find and replace function? Do we also need a Util.h in the shader folder? Thanks for your help on this btw.

Humm I don't know about ReShade 1.1

What is the Util.h? :P

BTW I tested Grid Autosport it't and it looks Good. Depth Map 0 seems to work with it well. you can crank up the Depth way past 25 out side the car. Inside helmet cam you can go around 30ish....

In game I tuned off AA and ran it windows mode. Shader lvl low and every other thing maxes out

Ah, don't worry about Util.h that is only for 1.1. :D

Reshade 2.0 will be fine, as i can just set my oldconfig within that in no time, so far then, i have the pipeline.cfg, and sbs.undef, sbs.cfg

I was just running Batman: Arkham Knight, and the depth was incredible, i have most things maxed out, with a pretty high resolution and i guess a pretty reasonable frame rate too. The city has a real sense of scale at 50 depth, all i need now is my old reshade config combined with this and it will be a masterpiece :P Then all i will need is two 1080's in sli, haha

If you get it working post it up so that other here can use it as well. That and you save me the work. : :evil:

Of course i will post it, but if I'm to do that i'm at least going to need some pointers on what parts of the code to edit for the .fx shader file to make it compatible with ReShade 2.0 framework

Thanks ;)
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Aelius Maximus.

• x8009
More
7 years 8 months ago #166 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I tested GTA V now that I was home, it is working and all but there is no 3D effect. the game looks the same when I put the 3D mode on my TV. the shader works and split the screen, but there are no 3D effect at all.

Do you know what the issue ? I'm using the new SuperDepth3D_Reprojection 1.8

Thanks

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #167 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote: I tested GTA V now that I was home, it is working and all but there is no 3D effect. the game looks the same when I put the 3D mode on my TV. the shader works and split the screen, but there are no 3D effect at all.

Thanks

Have you made sure to select Depth Map 12 from the drop down list in the shader settings menu?

Also bump the depth value from 10 up to 50 to give a bigger sense of distance (you will have to type the value in)

• x8009
More
7 years 8 months ago #168 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote:

x8009 wrote: I tested GTA V now that I was home, it is working and all but there is no 3D effect. the game looks the same when I put the 3D mode on my TV. the shader works and split the screen, but there are no 3D effect at all.

Thanks

Have you made sure to select Depth Map 12 from the drop down list in the shader settings menu?

Also bump the depth value from 10 up to 50 to give a bigger sense of distance (you will have to type the value in)

I will check it , Thanks ! I tried all of them from 0 - 25, it is just flat. someone on tridef said it is flat when he uses Windowed Borderless but working fine with FullScreen.

www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6744&start=10

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #169 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

Thanks

I will check it , Thanks ! I tried all of them from 0 - 25, it is just flat. someone on tridef said it is flat when he uses Windowed Borderless but working fine with FullScreen.

Reshade has issues with and let me quote. The top and bottom of the Compatibility List.

The version column indicates the ReShade version in which the information for the particular game was last updated. So it may actually work by now if a newer version is available.

The depth buffer provides information about the third dimension of a 3D scene, in contrast to only the normal color buffer other injectors provide, which is restricted to two dimensional data. This allows for more complex effects like depth of field, which need that information to work properly. Make sure multisampling (MSAA)/supersampling (SSAA) disabled if you want to make use of these effects, since depth buffer access does not work with it being enabled.

Additional software:

ReShade is known to be compatible with Steam overlay, MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner Statistics Server, RadeonPro, NVIDIA Experience and Fraps (chaining multiple of those however may not work).

ReShade is (usually) NOT compatible with other overlays or similar software, like Razer Cortex, Razer Synapse and driver multisampling/supersampling!

My Shader works with the Depth Map Information so if no depth map access then No 3D access.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 8 months ago #170 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the Top and Bottom version! I know most people use SBS, but I actually use Top and Bottom (unless I'm doing frame-packing) because it is noticeably sharper on my 1080p screen (I always use frame-packing on my 720p DLP of course). It's great to see you adding support for that.

I made a small donation, hope that buys you a pizza or two, and I'm really looking forward to trying your next "release", such as it is. (In a way it is too bad these are for the 3.0 framework, since that's still so under-development itself, and thus a pain to install, but I see that it doesn't make any sense at all for you to continue to work on these in the old framework.)

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 8 months ago #171 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

x8009 wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote:

Thanks

Yeah i had something similar happen in Arkham Knight, but for me i had to put it in borderless to grab the depth buffer

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 8 months ago #172 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I hate to prompt you dude, but just a brief outline of what to edit in the main d3d code to make your new (awesome) reprojection shader compatible with ReShade 2.0, i know you're busy and all of your work is much appreciated, also if you can help me with this i will throw another donation your way :)

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #173 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote: I hate to prompt you dude, but just a brief outline of what to edit in the main d3d code to make your new (awesome) reprojection shader compatible with ReShade 2.0, i know you're busy and all of your work is much appreciated, also if you can help me with this i will throw another donation your way :)

I am a bit busy today doing IRL stuff. But, tonight I will Port it over.

Done, It just work right away didn't have to change much. But, I did go in and remove the Custom Depth Map setting. Since it's not needed for this one. Now time to make some dinner. :side:
www.mediafire.com/download/pj9ki98hedcmu...ap_3D_v1.8_Repack.7z
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• x8009
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #174 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
The Story is : GTA V crashed because It's something with my TV , 1920x1080 with 59,60 Hz is causing the crash in FullScreen. other resolution for example 1680x1050 which only have 60 Hz is working properly. 1920x1080 has 23,24,50,60,60 , one of the 60 is 59 actually. something there is causing the crash because it can't render it. I don't know how to fix it. I need to use CRU but with 3D TV connected with HDMI I have no idea how to change it. I don't need Audio support from the TV. I just need a proper 1920x1080 with proper 3D support so it will work with Nvidia 3DTV.

The Fix is :I've found a fix or workaround because I have Perform Scaling on DISPLAY and not GPU , enabling override the scaling mode set by games and programs fix my issue and I can select both 60 Hz now with 1920x1080 on full screen. I hope it will help people

So I will check how the 3D look like when I get back home without changing any settings and then using the settings you said ! I did all the tests now using TeamViewer at work :)

Full Story here :
forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5322862&postcount=100
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by x8009.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #175 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the Top and Bottom version! I know most people use SBS, but I actually use Top and Bottom (unless I'm doing frame-packing) because it is noticeably sharper on my 1080p screen (I always use frame-packing on my 720p DLP of course). It's great to see you adding support for that.

I made a small donation, hope that buys you a pizza or two, and I'm really looking forward to trying your next "release", such as it is. (In a way it is too bad these are for the 3.0 framework, since that's still so under-development itself, and thus a pain to install, but I see that it doesn't make any sense at all for you to continue to work on these in the old framework.)

Do you need interlaced? I Added Interlaced. For any one running interlaced 3D screens or LG 4k 3D screens.

I did add checker board 3D pattern. But, Not sure if it works.......

• yongkwan
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #176 by yongkwan Replied by yongkwan on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
plz help me!
I received depth3d.zip and reshade 3.04b.zip
but there is not file reshade.fxh
where can i download file reshade.fxh?
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by yongkwan.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #177 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

Aelius Maximus wrote: I hate to prompt you dude, but just a brief outline of what to edit in the main d3d code to make your new (awesome) reprojection shader compatible with ReShade 2.0, i know you're busy and all of your work is much appreciated, also if you can help me with this i will throw another donation your way :)

I am a bit busy today doing IRL stuff. But, tonight I will Port it over.

Done, It just work right away didn't have to change much. But, I did go in and remove the Custom Depth Map setting. Since it's not needed for this one. Now time to make some dinner. :side:
www.mediafire.com/download/pj9ki98hedcmu...ap_3D_v1.8_Repack.7z

Hey, great work man! It works just the same as it did with 3.0, one thing though, changing values in the cfg whilst in a game makes it crash :side:

Either way, much appreciated. now to start testing on a few games. with the correct values set beforehand. :lol:

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #178 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

yongkwan wrote: plz help me!
I received depth3d.zip and reshade 3.04b.zip
but there is not file reshade.fxh
where can i download file reshade.fxh?

reshade.fxh is not needed any more

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #179 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I don't personally need interlaced, but thanks for asking. I use standard 3D displays under the HDMI 1.4(whatever it was) standard; so both my displays support frame-packing at 720p/60 and 1080p/24, plus SBS and Top and Bottom. Which looks best depends on the game, but generally it is 720p/60 frame packing on the 720p DLP (of course), and Top and Bottom on my 1080p display. I use AMD cards instead of nVidia specifically because, at the time, nVidia's stereoscopic system didn't support industry-standard displays (it was a vendor-locked system). Since I wanted to play with stereoscopic gaming on my already-existing displays it was AMD/TriDef (and PS3).
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• theonciest
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #180 by theonciest Replied by theonciest on topic SidebySide 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Sorry, bit of an idiot here but I'm trying to install this (drag and drop I assume) but how do you actually... activate it? :S in no where do you actually specify WHAT file/folder to actually edit. You just a mention parameters.

So let's say I want to get No Mans Sky working. I have Vorpx it works in that, but when I activate a shader it just goes straight to the monitor instead of vorpx, but the shaders work. However, your shader does not work. The 2.0 media upload I get errors, quite a few of them. I tried merging my own reshade.fx file with yours, and it sort of works but the error I get is "syntax error unexpected expecting identifier reshade" if I delete that line of code it's referring to

static const float2 pixelsize = float2 (buffer_rcp_width, buffer_rcp_height);

So confusing here

If you can help thanks a lot!

Edit: to top it all off I don't actually have internet atm and I'm on data right now, tethering is a no go,l (massive updates) and I'm on an iPhone ._. so... who accepts the challenge? Bahaha sorry
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by theonciest.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.