3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1101 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Fun? To me it seemed like a nightmare, those in which we walked miles and never found our house. :P
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by WalterDasTrevas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jesped
More
6 years 8 months ago #1102 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Sooo... what settings should I use to get it working with Frostbite games? still getting flat depth in both BF1 and NFS2015.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1103 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Jesped wrote: Sooo... what settings should I use to get it working with Frostbite games? still getting flat depth in both BF1 and NFS2015.

I will download BF1 too see. But, This will not work in online mode. NFS2015 I don't have that game so I don't know. Give me some time to download it.

*Update*

You should be able to use BF1 Single Player

Depth_Map 1
Depth Map Adjust 10.0-17.5
Divergence Any
ZPD 0.050

Should Work on both shaders in the Experimental Folder.

If you get the 'RegisterRawInputDevices' failed with error code 0! problem. Where you can't move your player, Disable EA Ingame Overlay. In the Origin In Game Options.

Also, The New updated Shader in the Experimental Folder is up. It's Not Done. Still, Has Some Bugs I am working on. But, It's coming along a lot better than expected.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, Jesped

• Aelius Maximus
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1104 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Jesped wrote: Sooo... what settings should I use to get it working with Frostbite games? still getting flat depth in both BF1 and NFS2015.

Sorry, the Frostbite engine in general seems to work (both games you mention have a strong online priority so reshade will block itself when it detects so many connections), what color is the depth map view in battlefield 1? I know the NFS games previous to NFS 2015 have a depth map (frostbite 3 and previous), though NFS 2015 is always online, so im guessing the depth map might be black when you view it (reshade blocked due to online connection) so that it doesn't detect reshade and flag it as malicious
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Aelius Maximus.

• Jesped
More
6 years 8 months ago #1105 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: You should be able to use BF1 Single Player
Depth_Map 1
Divergence Any
ZPD 0.050

Tried the new beta shader but still no luck. Now I can see the depth map going darker when increasing the Adjustment, so that's new, but still getting a flat color filling the entire screen and no real depth when playing the game.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1106 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Jesped wrote:

Depth_Map 1
Divergence Any
ZPD 0.050

Tried the new beta shader but still no luck. Now I can see the depth map going darker when increasing the Adjustment, so that's new, but still getting a flat color filling the entire screen and no real depth when playing the game.

If you have any older shaders in the folder there may be compatibility with the older ones in the folder.

Send me a chat message so I can help you on Discord. If you still have any problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, Jesped

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 8 months ago #1107 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
First and foremost, thank you very much for giving us SuperDepth!
But I have a question: sometimes the mouse pointer goes out of sync, and when I use extended mode in the HDM, not even the "secondary cursor" has sync. Is there any tip that can help with these rare situations?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1108 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

WalterDasTrevas wrote: First and foremost, thank you very much for giving us SuperDepth!
But I have a question: sometimes the mouse pointer goes out of sync, and when I use extended mode in the HDM, not even the "secondary cursor" has sync. Is there any tip that can help with these rare situations?

I Never seen the Cross Cursor do that what game is this happening in?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• Aelius Maximus
More
6 years 8 months ago #1109 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Jesped wrote:

Depth_Map 1
Divergence Any
ZPD 0.050

Like i said, they are ONLINE priority games, go figure....

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1110 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote:

Jesped wrote:

Depth_Map 1
Divergence Any
ZPD 0.050

Like i said, they are ONLINE priority games, go figure....

it's working for him now it turned out it was scaling. So all good.

• Aelius Maximus
More
6 years 8 months ago #1111 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Oh....both of these games should look awesome in 3D, i guess i will give them a shot (i genuinely thought NFS 2015 would be a no go at least), also what does the most recent update include?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1112 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote: Oh....both of these games should look awesome in 3D, i guess i will give them a shot (i genuinely thought NFS 2015 would be a no go at least), also what does the most recent update include?

I am going to release an update in an hour or so. It will have updated setting for a few games and Weapon Depth Maps for a few Games.

It should give a little more depth and a little better occlusion.

The Weapon Depth Map for Doom 2016 Is better in this coming release no more clipping. :)

I am just testing it on a few more games.

*Update Is now Live.*

I Hope the Reduction of Depth Maps and redone setting makes it easier to use.

Also Added Sonic Adventure 2 To the profiles.

• Devil Master
More
6 years 8 months ago #1113 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
1) Is it possible to make it work with Rez Infinite? I tried every depth map and got no depth at all.
2) I've been asked whether it works with nVidia 3D Vision. I don't have that setup (I view games on an HMZ-T1 head-mounted display) so I don't know the answer. Does it?

• zig11727
More
6 years 8 months ago #1114 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
@Devil Master

Check the NVidia 3D forums there is work in progress NVidia 3D Vision fix.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1115 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Devil Master wrote: 1) Is it possible to make it work with Rez Infinite? I tried every depth map and got no depth at all.
2) I've been asked whether it works with nVidia 3D Vision. I don't have that setup (I view games on an HMZ-T1 head-mounted display) so I don't know the answer. Does it?

Profile added To game setting in Experimental Folder with the setting.

[Game List]
Rez Infinite
[Depth Map]
DM 1
[Adjustment]
[Auto S / ZDP Range]
No Off / 0.075-0.150
[Balance]

Also, try to keep the Divergence around 15-35 Range.

As for Disocclusion use Radial Mask or Off. Since the depth buffer a little Strange.

This is for SuperDepth3D_v1.9.7.fx In the experimental folder.

In game settings, set the AA settings to MSAAx1so a depth buffer picked up by Reshade.

Geometry 3D May best for this game since the Depth Buffer is really different.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1116 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
*New Update* Balance added to settings.

Simple setting that gives ZPD more power or less "Balance," will allow you to control the balance between ZPD Depth and Scene Depth.

Zero is 50/50 equal between both ZPD Depth and Scene Depth so One is 75/25, and Two is 87.5/12.5.

I need to add this because some times in some games you will have a better 3D image if you have control over this.

This Part of the reason I added Auto_ZPD.

Here are two games images that benefit from this added feature.

Darksiders Warmastered Edition : Balance = 0

You can stick your hand in that car on the left ;)

Dead Island : Balance = 3

The Hands are pushed in the scene in this game where the Weapon Depth Map not compatible.

I apologize for how long I am taking. With 1.9.7 It just time taking to get this to work well with so many different games.

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 8 months ago #1117 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Sorry, but I do not remember, I tested many games with SuperDepth. When I find out I'll let you know in the forum.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1118 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Update for 1.9.7 Added and fixed Disocclusion Adjustments. In the Experimental Folder

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Using Depth Based Disocclusion *Fixed*

The Observer Normal Mask Alternet Disocclusion *New*

*Update* Also added Normal Depth Mask Alt it's a mix of both the new Disocclusion Methods.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, WalterDasTrevas

• Devil Master
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1119 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thank you for adding support for Rez, now it's really amazing!
There's something else I want to ask: is it possible to create new depth maps? I recently downloaded this version of nullDC because Reshade can access its depth buffer, and I tried it with version 3.0.0 of your shader because it has more depth maps. Several games (like Shenmue, 18 Wheeler, Soul Calibur, Jedi Power Battles, Virtua Fighter 3) are awesome with depth map 11, which offers the greatest range of depths between close and far objects. However, the same depth map goes only from white to light gray with some other games (like Metropolis Street Racer or Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram), which results in very little depth. Is it possible to create a new depth map that does almost the same thing as depth map 11, but with a range of depths that goes all the way to black?

EDIT:
I saw that people are using this shader with Cemu, so I tried it myself with Cemu 1.9.0 and Starfox Zero. However, I see no depth effect at all! The two views are identical, and the depth map is all black. What am I missing here?
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Devil Master.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1120 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Devil Master wrote: Thank you for adding support for Rez, now it's really amazing!
There's something else I want to ask: is it possible to create new depth maps? I recently downloaded this version of nullDC because Reshade can access its depth buffer, and I tried it with version 3.0.0 of your shader because it has more depth maps. Several games (like Shenmue, 18 Wheeler, Soul Calibur, Jedi Power Battles, Virtua Fighter 3) are awesome with depth map 11, which offers the greatest range of depths between close and far objects. However, the same depth map goes only from white to light gray with some other games (like Metropolis Street Racer or Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram), which results in very little depth. Is it possible to create a new depth map that does almost the same thing as depth map 11, but with a range of depths that goes all the way to black?

I will Look into this. I just need some time.

Devil Master wrote: EDIT:
I saw that people are using this shader with Cemu, so I tried it myself with Cemu 1.9.0 and Starfox Zero. However, I see no depth effect at all! The two views are identical, and the depth map is all black. What am I missing here?

Ya, the Depth Buffer needs to be the same as your resolution. So to do that you need to add a "graphicPacks" with the resolution you need.

Example;

[TextureRedefine] #4k
width = 1280
height = 720
overwriteWidth = 3840
overwriteHeight = 2160
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.