3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #1061 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

spyknee wrote: www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-inch-2K-LCD-Screen-...ounted-/263045804512
www.amazon.com/Driver-Board-25601440-Scr...onitor/dp/B072C53C5B
I realize a bit of a hijack, but.........

BlueSky,
Tell me whats wrong with the above panels. I want to use a pair of these. The 2nd listed is my choice, depending response time. What grabs my attention is that it states it will do 4K at 30Hz, now 30Hz is bad news but I am thinking its the manufacturing technique for 4K used a 2K res. I need more info about this panel, its says for use with a DK2.......
question are which type a-si or ltps? oled or rgb? I was hoping for slightly larger as well

The limit may be due to the HDMI 1.4 port. Since you can't do 4k with that port at 60Hz. Still looks like the hardware is upscaling to 4k.

They are also using 2K screens so you may still have a grid effect. Not sure how far or how good are your optics are. So I am guessing here. They may be a bit further away when compared to a normal HMD.

They both seem like LCD screens. With no Blue light filter. If set really close to your eyes may not be the best choice when doing long hours on a sim. Maybe a blue blocking light screen protector that you can place on top. That, or make where you can wear PC Glasses.

OLED would be nice. But, I don't know where someone will get such screens. Does not look like you have many options here yet.

spyknee wrote: tridef forums not very helpful, I found mellots VR page, it talks about tridef 3D dual projections but its dated info. Peeps seemed to use 3D with earlier HMD's with this, but what about the VR version of tridef?
www.mellottsvrpage.com/index.php/stereo-3d-drivers/
ty

I have Tried the VR version of TriDef. It's ok. But "may," not work with your Custom HMD.

Maybe you can use OSVR with a custom Config and add both monitors as one screen. If you get it to run with this then you can run SteamVR. Then you can run TriDef VR In this configuration. This may be the only way to do it. You may not even need TriDef. If OSVR works your HMD will show up as a Dummy HTC Vive. Then you may be able to use Aces High III built in VR mode. It should scale up properly. Maybe someone in OSVR Forum can help you with this. You can ask about a dual screen VR mode.

I can't confirm this last part.

But, I do know when I was messing with configs I accidentally had The VR image show up on my main 4k monitor and not in the HMD. Since I made a mistake when programming my own custom config. My HMD is only 1080p BTW. So this is a possibility.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #1062 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
A new shader now in the Experimental Folder. It's called Depth_Clarity_SP.fx

I know I know the name sucks :P....... Hard to name something based on a Smart Sharpen algorithm.

Basically, it does Bilateral Filter and zBufffer Based Selective Unsharp Masking. I didn't want to Name it that....... LOL

I am still working on it. But, try it out. See if it helps with visuals. The reason I did this is that this method of 3D really benefits from a sharper image.

The research Doc I based this off is here. www.ijeee.net/uploadfile/2013/0510/20130510113835907.pdf

Bilateral Filter en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilateral_filter
Unsharp Masking en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsharp_masking
Z-buffer You guys know this one since many neat shaders use this.

Kind of think of it as a Depth of field that sharpens instead of Blurs. I also did it this way because I didn't want the sky in games sharpened the same amount as things that are close to you.

I should let you guys name it......... I am at a lost when it comes to naming this one.

• zig11727
More
6 years 9 months ago #1063 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I tried the Depth_Clarity_SP shader and it did sharpen the image what should the Depth_Map_Adjust be set to ?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #1064 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

zig11727 wrote: I tried the Depth_Clarity_SP shader and it did sharpen the image what should the Depth_Map_Adjust be set to ?

For the new shader. Depth Map now controls the Bilateral Filter is affecting.
To see this effect use View Adjustment. That blurs out in the bottom image should be sharper in the final image.
This processes should not affect the sky too much... or Distance objects as much, only a little bit.

So I depth map view is what is black will be sharpened more than what is white.

I will upload an image. to Show you what I mean.

View Adjustment Image

Top Image is the Depth Buffer bottom is the Bilateral Filtered Image. Notice how Distance objects nor the sky are affected as much.

The effect Hard to Show in low-Quality images :P....

Also Added an option for when there is no Depth Map. But, this will sharpen things you don't want.

The Goal for me is to clear up the image and selectively sharpen things without affecting too much of the image.

I am still working on it. Right now I don't know If I should or should not clamp the output...... I think I may need to convert the color range..... then Clamp it. But, I'm Not sure.

Optimizations will come in a soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, zig11727

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #1065 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Update to Depth_Clarity_SP.fx

Added Sharpen Power to control the power of the sharpening. I leave it at 1.

Added Output Selection of Normal, Color Only. and Greyscale Only. This changes sharpened output type for the image. Normal is fine really.... Tell me if you like the different output types or not.

Optimizations to the shader were done. I still need to look into what can be done to make it run faster.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #1066 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
1.9.6 Update
Zero Parallax Distance
ZPD added to both shaders Normal and FlashBack.
ZPD controls the focus distance for the screen Pop-out effect.
A thing to note you may or may not need to readjust your Depth Map to accommodate this change.
Part of the reason ZPD was left out was it had many problems with FPS hand popping out of the screen.

Internal Process update.
Auto Anti Weapon Depth Map Z-Fighting updated. Now works as it should.
The problem was that it was over correcting.......
This was needed to for ZPD to work right in FPS games. My work around was to get an average luminance value of the entire depth buffer.
This was to figure out if you were behind a wall or looking out at a distance. This only works with a Weapon Depth Map.
Do note you can still trick it... since it's not perfect. Like if you are looking at a pipe with your weapon hand on it........

Also, Depth_Clarity_SP Got a new View Mode Update.
You can View the sharpen effect now.
I need some ideas for a name for this lol. Any Ideas?

I think we are getting closer to the release of 1.9.6. It's a long time coming. Tell me if you noticed any strange bugs with the new shaders.

A note to all users. Thank you, for sticking with me learning this stuff on my own. I never really thought how complicated this stuff can be. All these processes and they way they are used was overwhelming. I know, I make a lot of mistakes. But, I do try to learn from them. Also, thank you Crosire for a wonderful tool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, zig11727

• Krynex
More
6 years 9 months ago #1067 by Krynex Replied by Krynex on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hello there. I've been trying to figure out how to make the "DisplayDepth" effect work in Just Cause 3 with Reshade 3.0.7, as it would just go to a black screen. I've then later roamed the forums and later tried to use the Depth_Clarity_SP effect. It somehow worked on the Depth Buffer / Depth Map (im a noob), in the top right corner. I have a lot of fun screenshotting and I would very much like to have the Depth Map in fullscreen somehow, just as how DisplayDepth normally is. Could there be some way I could change up some code or anything to make it work? Thanks in advance.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #1068 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Krynex wrote: Hello there. I've been trying to figure out how to make the "DisplayDepth" effect work in Just Cause 3 with Reshade 3.0.7, as it would just go to a black screen. I've then later roamed the forums and later tried to use the Depth_Clarity_SP effect. It somehow worked on the Depth Buffer / Depth Map (im a noob), in the top right corner. I have a lot of fun screenshotting and I would very much like to have the Depth Map in fullscreen somehow, just as how DisplayDepth normally is. Could there be some way I could change up some code or anything to make it work? Thanks in advance.

I think this is because you had more than one shader of SuperDepth3D.
I will fix this problem. In a bit, so they are both useable at the same time.

Also, you may want to change the Depth Map for the game you want.

If it still doesn't work please let me know. ok. give me some time to test and fix.

*Update*

The new Fix it out. FlashBack and The Normal Shader can be placed in the same folder now.

Internal update for both shaders
Weapon Depth has been reworked to work with fine tuning weapon depth in FPS Games.
This Is to add compatibility with Zero Parallax Distance update.
This will help as long you keep your setting within reason.

Depth_Clarity_SP Now has a Quad View.

Krynex, did you set the depth map in the 3D shader?

Let me know if it's not working. Just Cause 3 Direct3D 10+ Game uses a logarithmic depth buffer.

Do you guys want me to change the Depth map from Numbers to Names like I did with Depth_Clarity_SP?

*2nd Update*
New fix also fixes the strange static problem on Main Menu screens.Because of that ZDP got a bump in power.

• Krynex
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #1069 by Krynex Replied by Krynex on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Yes, I've now tried to change the change the logarithmic input to 1 inside the ReShade.fxh file, but it still won't make my DisplayDepth effect work.
#ifndef RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC
#define RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC 0 - or 1
The problem for me is that I want to get the Depth Map to fullscreen, which DisplayDepth would if it worked. Your SuperDepth3D, Depth_Clarity_SP all work to get the Display map in the top right corner of the screen, although I would like to get it to fullscreen. The fact that trying to change the logarithmic input to 1 didn't work for me is strange to me. If anything, adding a fullscreen option to the Depth Map in one of your effects would make it so much easier for a noob like me. Or getting the DisplayDepth to work would also help me a lot. It's just the fullscreen mode I want to get working somehow.
To avoid confusion I'll tell you that all of your effects work perfectly for me, but I'm trying to get a Depth Map in fullscreen to work, as my Display Depth effect does only give me a blackscreen. Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Krynex.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #1070 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Krynex wrote: Yes, I've now tried to change the change the logarithmic input to 1 inside the ReShade.fxh file, but it still won't make my DisplayDepth effect work.
#ifndef RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC
#define RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC 0 - or 1
The problem for me is that I want to get the Depth Map to fullscreen, which DisplayDepth would if it worked. Your SuperDepth3D, Depth_Clarity_SP all work to get the Display map in the top right corner of the screen, although I would like to get it to fullscreen. The fact that trying to change the logarithmic input to 1 didn't work for me is strange to me. If anything, adding a fullscreen option to the Depth Map in one of your effects would make it so much easier for a noob like me. Or getting the DisplayDepth to work would also help me a lot. It's just the fullscreen mode I want to get working somehow.
To avoid confusion I'll tell you that all of your effects work perfectly for me, but I'm trying to get a Depth Map in fullscreen to work, as my Display Depth effect does only give me a blackscreen. Thanks.

So wait, you are trying to only get the buffer? But, Why?

So you are requesting a depth buffer shader? If you are I can make one if you like.
Display Depth Should work for you though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, Krynex

• Krynex
More
6 years 9 months ago #1071 by Krynex Replied by Krynex on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Yes indeed, I'm trying to get the Depth Buffer effect, just because I really like the effect, as well as to try and get some cool screenshots :)
I really don't know why my DisplayDepth in Reshade won't work though, since i've tried different settings in some of the files, but still can't figure it out. As said I tried to change it logarithmic input, without it working.
It would help me out massively if you could do so, as the existing depth buffers in your tools work perfectly for me already.
Thanks.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #1072 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Depth Tool Added to the Experimental Folder.

Basic Depth adjustment for spooky images.... Also added Dither bit. I will add an invert option later when I have time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, Krynex

• Krynex
More
6 years 9 months ago #1073 by Krynex Replied by Krynex on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Depth Tool Added to the Experimental Folder.

Basic Depth adjustment for spooky images.... Also added Dither bit. I will add an invert option later when I have time.

Thank you so much again. It works like a charm. I appreciate it a great bunch. :)

• Aelius Maximus
More
6 years 8 months ago #1074 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hey, fantastic new update, disocclusion i see has been reworked and from what i can see has almost completely eliminated the transparent borders around objects, the zero parallax also is very good, i have overridden it to 0.200, Also could i ask what is Depth3D_v1.9.6.fx?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1075 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Ya, that one I am preparing for the Reshade common download shaders. Ya, I am changing things. But, it's taking me time to do so.

Look at this image of AI at 75 Divergence with the new Disocclusion Code.

I had so many changes done now. 1.9.6 is really 1.9.7
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• zig11727
More
6 years 8 months ago #1076 by zig11727 Replied by zig11727 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
A little off topic how do I setup my rift to play pc games with the shader ?

Thanks,

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1077 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

zig11727 wrote: A little off topic how do I setup my rift to play pc games with the shader ?

Thanks,

Here let me show you the tube video I have about that.

This is how I did it. Feel free to talk to me or message me directly if you need help or any questions or problems that you guys have.

In Discord, if I am on any direct question there are welcomed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zig11727

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 8 months ago #1078 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Maybe it's my inattention, but does the shader work normally in version 3.08, or do I need to download version 3.04?
And again, thank you very much for gifting us with such a wonderful tool.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1079 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

WalterDasTrevas wrote: Maybe it's my inattention, but does the shader work normally in version 3.08, or do I need to download version 3.04?
And again, thank you very much for gifting us with such a wonderful tool.

Try it out. 3.0.8 should work.

• Jesped
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1080 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Try it out. 3.0.8 should work.

Just found out about your shader yesterday and... man, you made my day. More like years in fact. 3D support has always been buggy and tanked the performance for me, even with a 1080. Enter your shader and suddenly I am able to play AC Unity maxed out at 60fps in 3D, when even TriDef with PowerVR tanks the game to 30-40fps. Just sent you $40 for that, you deserve them much more than Nvidia or UBI, that's for sure.

Hope you can continue improving it, I'm willing to pay more if needed. Tried Dirt4 and it works "almost" ok. The most distracting was the windshields floating beyond the cars in cockpit camera. When they are broken, you can see the glass cracks floating on the road. Tried playing around with the settings but didn't come up with anything that fixes it.

Will it be possible in the future to further fix the UI and these specific elements of each game? I guess that every racing game is going to face the same problems.

Thanks again and keep up this good work!

P.S. Tried Alien Isolation and worked great too. 60fps Ultra at 4K. Pity it crashes when trying to inject Alias Isolation ( github.com/aliasIsolation/aliasIsolation/releases ), which is the only way to remove the obnoxious aliasing on this game, that is even present at 4K with SMAAT2x. Is there any way to make both tools work?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Jesped.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.