3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• Devil Master
More
6 years 7 months ago #1121 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I don't understand graphic packs, even though I read this tutorial . Do they work per game? As in, do I need to make a new graphic pack or update a preexisting one every time I want to play a new game for the first time, and do I need to know the game identifier for each game? Isn't it possible to make a single graphic pack and use that for every game?
Also, I use 1280x720p resolution because it's the native resolution of my HMZ-T1. How would I redefine the resolution in the graphic pack?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #1122 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Devil Master wrote: I don't understand graphic packs, even though I read this tutorial . Do they work per game? As in, do I need to make a new graphic pack or update a preexisting one every time I want to play a new game for the first time, and do I need to know the game identifier for each game? Isn't it possible to make a single graphic pack and use that for every game?
Also, I use 1280x720p resolution because it's the native resolution of my HMZ-T1. How would I redefine the resolution in the graphic pack?

From my understanding yes you need a native resolution and a Graphics pack for each game. And they seem game dependent.

Here are a lot of Graphics pack you can use for different games.
github.com/slashiee/cemu_graphic_packs

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1123 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Ok for the nullDC The DreamCast Emulator. I had to adjust the Special Depth Map. I also Split them and renamed them. They are called Offset Reversed-Z and Offset Normal. Also known as DM 3 and DM4.

Not many games will use this Depth Map 3 and 4.

For Shenmue use DM4 with the settings;
Adjust 1
Offset 0.4825
ZPD = 0.002
Balance = 3

For Cyber Troopers Virtual On - Oratorio Tangram use DM4 with the settings;
Adjust 1
Offset 0.5125
ZPD = 0.001
Balance = 3

Please note for Cyber Troopers Virtual On - Oratorio Tangram The Menus and Lock On Overlay Are rendered as solid black. This will cause Strange distortions.

Update now live in the experimental folder. 1.9.7

Also added weapon depth maps for Metro 2033 and Last Light Redux. WDM 11
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Devil Master

• jrobson
More
6 years 7 months ago #1124 by jrobson Replied by jrobson on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi there

Is it possible to independently rotate each eye with your shader?
So for instance rotate left eye image by 90 degrees and right eye image by 270 degrees.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1125 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

jrobson wrote: Hi there

Is it possible to independently rotate each eye with your shader?
So for instance rotate left eye image by 90 degrees and right eye image by 270 degrees.

I added Left and Right Eye Rotation to Polynomial_Barrel_Distortion_v1.2 in the Experimental folder.

May I ask, what hardware needed this strange Rotation Value?

Go ahead and test it. It may need some adjustment. Please Tell me if this works for what you need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WalterDasTrevas

• Devil Master
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1126 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Maybe he has a Cyberscope. It looks like this (it's the black pyramid thing):

It was used in the early 1990s, in association with a monitor connected to a PC, to view stereoscopic scenes generated by a program in the appropriate format (left eye = rotated 90° to the left, right eye = rotated 90° to the right, no squishing). It worked by reflecting the images through a system of mirrors and magnifying them with two lenses:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Devil Master.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WalterDasTrevas

• vile80r
More
6 years 7 months ago #1127 by vile80r Replied by vile80r on topic How do you set border?
I'm trying to move from a previous setup using 3D Sweet Fx Lens. I can't figure out how to set a border or change the size of the view. I can get the split screen working fine but can't seem to find where I adjust things like border or barrel distortion, etc.

Could anyone she'd light on this for me? I'd appreciate it.

T

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #1128 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Devil Master wrote:

Maybe he has a Cyberscope. It looks like this (it's the black pyramid thing):

It was used in the early 1990s, in association with a monitor connected to a PC, to view stereoscopic scenes generated by a program in the appropriate format (left eye = rotated 90° to the left, right eye = rotated 90° to the right, no squishing). It worked by reflecting the images through a system of mirrors and magnifying them with two lenses:

Almost like a self-contained Stereoscopic Mirror system. Neat.....

I may try this with this Stereoscopic Mirror some time.
stereoscopicmirror.com/

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #1129 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic How do you set border?

vile80r wrote: I'm trying to move from a previous setup using 3D Sweet Fx Lens. I can't figure out how to set a border or change the size of the view. I can get the split screen working fine but can't seem to find where I adjust things like border or barrel distortion, etc.

Could anyone she'd light on this for me? I'd appreciate it.

T

In Polynomial Barrel Distortion shader.

You should have options for what you listed here.

Lens Center is to adjust the pivot point of the distortion.

Lens Distortion, a positive value will give a Barrel Distortion and a negative will give a pincushion.

Polynomial Colors is to adjust Red Green and Blue. It's what this shader based on. It's the Lens correction model used.

Lens Zoom & Aspect Ratio, Slider is used to zoom in and out. As well as the Aspect Ratio.

Also if you hover your mouse over the options you can see they have a small tool tip most of the time. With default settings.

IPD = 0.0; //Interpupillary Distance. Default is 0
LC = 0.5; //Lens Center. Default is 0.5
LD = 0.01; //Lens Distortion. Default is 0.01
Z = 1.0; //Zoom. Default is 1.0
AR = 1.0; //Aspect Ratio. Default is 1.0
PC = float3(1,1,1); //Polynomial Colors. Default is (Red 1.0, Green 1.0, Blue 1.0)
D = float2(0,0); //Left & Right Rotation Angle known as Degrees.

• jrobson
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1130 by jrobson Replied by jrobson on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Thank you I'll give it a go.
It's my own, I'm using the 3.81" AUO displays, and the driver board only supports them in 2160x1200 layout, so I've rotated them for 2400 x 1080 which almost gives the full wearality advertised FOV. It's a really wide FOV but no focus at this point until the SteamVr driver is working again.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by jrobson.

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 7 months ago #1131 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I do not know if you tried, probably yes, but today I applied the HQ4x in SuperDepth and it helped a lot the mask to hide the edges.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #1132 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

WalterDasTrevas wrote: I do not know if you tried, probably yes, but today I applied the HQ4x in SuperDepth and it helped a lot the mask to hide the edges.

I Updated My MedianFilter So you can try this in place of HQ4x. Tell me what you think
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, WalterDasTrevas

• Aelius Maximus
More
6 years 7 months ago #1133 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Are we talking about the occlusion around the edge of 3D objects? Is Median Filter best used in conjunction with the normal disocclusion setting?

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1134 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I believe we're talking about the same thing.
I have not tested with "medianfilter" yet, but in my opinion, HQ4x greatly smoothed the edges of transitions in the depth effect, reduces the contrast between different layers and makes the image a little more natural.
The image gets a bit more blurry, but I like the final result in the HDM.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by WalterDasTrevas.

• Aelius Maximus
More
6 years 7 months ago #1135 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
HQ4X is a no go for me as it makes it look like a watercolor painting lol..

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 7 months ago #1136 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote: HQ4X is a no go for me as it makes it look like a watercolor painting lol..

If you keep the HQ4x weak, it will not get so blurry.
I also do not usually use HQ4x in detailed games. HQ4x is good for old games and emulators.
BUT, with SuperDepth, the HQ4x creates a more "natural" environment between the layers. I do not know if you play in HDM or monitor, but with HDM, HQ4x is aesthetically interesting .

• Jesped
More
6 years 7 months ago #1137 by Jesped Replied by Jesped on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
After trying many different options I ended using a medium/low strength HQ4X too on my projector. For me it works the best to mask Aliasing and hard edges, but textures look detailed.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1138 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Getting closer to finishing the setting. I was able to finish the Weapon Depth Maps for mostly all the FPS games listed. So 1.9.7 Backup is now removed from the Experimental Folder.

Also added a new Game Total War: Warhammer

Also added an older game Quake with Weapon Depth Map.

I am also happy with this Depth Map for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

With so many games this part always takes the longest when fundamental things change.

Getting things done is the goal here for now. Once I finish with this I will start work on the website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, WalterDasTrevas

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 7 months ago #1139 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So far, the game that impressed me most with your shader was "Space Hulk Deathwing", it looks fantastic in 3D, the scenarios are packed with details that jump to the eyes in several layers.

• crosire
More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #1140 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
For anybody interested: I added OpenVR support to ReShade in a separate branch on GitHub ( github.com/crosire/reshade/tree/openvr ). Building that branch will give you a version of ReShade that initializes OpenVR and sends a side-by-side image (which can be generated with this shader) to the compositor. So with this you don't need hacks like Virtual Desktop or alike, since ReShade will render with OpenVR directly. It supports D3D11 and OpenGL titles only, since OpenVR doesn't support older APIs. I've tested it with a HTC Vive so far and it works reasonably well. Position tracking is missing of course, I'm experimenting with emulating headset movement with mouse input, but not sure yet if that's reliable.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, WalterDasTrevas, BlueSkyKnight, zig11727, syhlif32

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.