3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #861 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

bluedeath wrote: i was thinking about a share memory area, but my coding skills are next to 0.

Shared memory area? Like Amd does with HSA and it shared memory and tasks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #862 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So Update to 1.9.5.

Mixing Depth map options added. With Adjustment slider.

The Auto Dis-Occlusion Mask was Toned down a bit also fixed.

Depth Map View now Has Left and Right visible. Along with the mix out put.

Invert Y Toggle for games that mouse Y access is inverted. Yes In game mouse is a thing :P.....

We are getting closer to release.

I removed alt render. Opting for a middle ground solution.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• x8009
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #863 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Profile for BERSERK and the Band of the Hawk

Alternate_Depth_Map_One=26.000000
Alternate_Depth_Map_Two=14.000000
Depth=15.000000 or 20

screenshot.net/o4d5da2
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by x8009.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight

• AladinZ
More
7 years 1 month ago #864 by AladinZ Replied by AladinZ on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hello. Are you going to merge the latest changes to SuperDepth3D_Anaglyph_3D.fx anytime soon ? I'm afraid you stopped supporting it. Thank you~

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #865 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

AladinZ wrote: Hello. Are you going to merge the latest changes to SuperDepth3D_Anaglyph_3D.fx anytime soon ? I'm afraid you stopped supporting it. Thank you~

Ya I will get on that.

• Devil Master
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #866 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Did anyone succeed in using this shader with Bulletstorm (the original version that came out in 2011)? I tried it yesterday, and everything is displayed at the same depth (farther away or closer, depending on which depth map I use). Visualizing the depth map itself always displays a single color (white, black or gray).
The .ini files are encrypted, so I googled "bulletstorm ini editor", I downloaded the program I found and launched it to open stormengine.ini (it's in Documents/My Games/BulletStorm/StormGame/Config). But there are so many settings in there, I don't even know where to start!
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Devil Master.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #867 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Devil Master wrote: Did anyone succeed in using this shader with Bulletstorm (the original version that came out in 2011)? I tried it yesterday, and everything is displayed at the same depth (farther away or closer, depending on which depth map I use). Visualizing the depth map itself always displays a single color (white, black or gray).
The .ini files are encrypted, so I googled "bulletstorm ini editor", I downloaded the program I found and launched it to open stormengine.ini (it's in Documents/My Games/BulletStorm/StormGame/Config). But there are so many settings in there, I don't even know where to start!

I think I have this game I will look in to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #868 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Is the version 1.9.5 update in the current download's experimental folder, or do I need to look elsewhere for it?

Edit, never mind. Yes, it's in there, I just downloaded it. Don't know why I bothered to ask when it's just a click, open, look...
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by mr_spongeworthy.

• Devil Master
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #869 by Devil Master Replied by Devil Master on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

BlueSkyKnight wrote: I think I have this game I will look in to it.

Great. I'll wait for the results of your tests.

EDIT: I cannot post a direct link to the page that hosts the program to edit Bulletstorm .ini files (because if I did, a forum script would identify my message as spam), but it's the first result you get if you google "bulletstorm ini editor".
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Devil Master.

• Aelius Maximus
More
7 years 1 month ago #870 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Are you still thinking about doing a parallax mapping shader?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #871 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Aelius Maximus wrote: Are you still thinking about doing a parallax mapping shader?

I have little time right now so this will be placed on the back burner for now. I have a this shader and Wowvx shader to update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #872 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

Devil Master wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: I think I have this game I will look in to it.

Great. I'll wait for the results of your tests.

EDIT: I cannot post a direct link to the page that hosts the program to edit Bulletstorm .ini files (because if I did, a forum script would identify my message as spam), but it's the first result you get if you google "bulletstorm ini editor".

Ya I am downloading the game on steam I do have it. Just takes me time to download stuff since I have a slow connection.

• mr_spongeworthy
More
7 years 1 month ago #873 by mr_spongeworthy Replied by mr_spongeworthy on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
I thought I would give this a go with a few game I have that are not on your list and then let you know what Depth Maps seem to work well so you could add them to your list, but ran into an issue with the first game I tried. Dragon Age Origins. SuperDepth3D works just fine, and even with the default 0 and 0 depthmaps it has reasonable depth. the problem is the in-game mouse cursor does not render anywhere near the proper place when SuperDepth3D is turned on. Is there a way to fix this?

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #874 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: I thought I would give this a go with a few game I have that are not on your list and then let you know what Depth Maps seem to work well so you could add them to your list, but ran into an issue with the first game I tried. Dragon Age Origins. SuperDepth3D works just fine, and even with the default 0 and 0 depthmaps it has reasonable depth. the problem is the in-game mouse cursor does not render anywhere near the proper place when SuperDepth3D is turned on. Is there a way to fix this?

You can try the Cross Cursor built in to the shader. press b key.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #875 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Bulletstorm only shows the Depth Buffer for the weapon only.

You going to have to use Tridef or nvidia 3D vision to play this game.

• x8009
More
7 years 1 month ago #876 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

mr_spongeworthy wrote: I thought I would give this a go with a few game I have that are not on your list and then let you know what Depth Maps seem to work well so you could add them to your list, but ran into an issue with the first game I tried. Dragon Age Origins. SuperDepth3D works just fine, and even with the default 0 and 0 depthmaps it has reasonable depth. the problem is the in-game mouse cursor does not render anywhere near the proper place when SuperDepth3D is turned on. Is there a way to fix this?

Profile for Dragon Age Inquisition

Mine

Alternate_Depth_Map_One=10.000000
Alternate_Depth_Map_Two=34.000000
Depth=30.000000

BlueSkyKnight

Alternate_Depth_Map_One=0.000000
Alternate_Depth_Map_Two=38.000000

Check what you like better
The following user(s) said Thank You: mr_spongeworthy

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #877 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
So what I have been working on......

So SSAO helps with adding depth to a image. With out it in a normal game it would look flat to your eyes.

So I got to thinking what if we add SSAO to Depth Map.

Depth based SSAO low quality on the left on the right is the Normal Depth map for this game.

and the Bottom has the merged SSAO+Depth Map.

It seems to add needed pop to the game.

I may shift over to this one for 1.9.5... took some time to do this but I think it really helps more then using two depth maps.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, zig11727

• otherman
More
7 years 1 month ago #878 by otherman Replied by otherman on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Hi. A question/request: it's possible to control position and rotation of one (of two) image, instead of simply splitting and specular distorction?
I and so many other people have a condition, a problem in covergence of the two eyes, so in real life the brain can not use the pair images to make a single 3d image. In vr, sometimes exagerate the 3d effect make me sense the depth, but at the cost of fatigue. Compensate this problem can make me sense the depth in a way I can not in real life and, hopefully, it can works as a progressive training for my eyes to work better toghever.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #879 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader

otherman wrote: Hi. A question/request: it's possible to control position and rotation of one (of two) image, instead of simply splitting and specular distorction?
I and so many other people have a condition, a problem in covergence of the two eyes, so in real life the brain can not use the pair images to make a single 3d image. In vr, sometimes exagerate the 3d effect make me sense the depth, but at the cost of fatigue. Compensate this problem can make me sense the depth in a way I can not in real life and, hopefully, it can works as a progressive training for my eyes to work better toghever.

I did do this on one of my internal shaders to help with fatigue. Ya I can add it. But, it will be added later right now I am working on the SSAO part.

• BlueSkyKnight
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #880 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic 3D Depth Map Based Stereoscopic Shader
Experimental AO update 1.9.5 is now up

SuperDepth3D_1.9.5_AO_WIP.fx

This shader uses AO to enhance the Pop in a image. Seems to add more detail. Works really well in the Witcher 3.

I only tested it in DreamFall Chapters / Witcher 3 / BL 2

I will be testing in more games. But, for now this seems good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus, zig11727

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.